• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Today is the day I will get near unlocking everyone

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Gonna try to skew positive this morning -

Tried ultimate for the first time at my smash bros local i attend sometimes. Was doing well but had one bad match, and then in anger i tossed my controller onto the ground, and this i was not allowed to play in bracket for the night...so i got mad over a video game and I feel moronic because ive run into awesome people there, and I repay them with being a brat.

Couple that with how ive been thinking about relationships a lot lately and how i feel inadequate at my job and i just feel like a mixture of a failure and a nuisance.

There are other smaller factors, but this has been building up for months. Tonight, everything boiled over.

Im depressed and I need help saving myself from myself.
- as I've been meaning to reply to this since last night.

Wandered across something on YouTube recently that might be relevant.

Gonna tuck it in spoilers just because I don't intend to push watching something on you if you ain't up for it.

Fair warning; title's clickbaity, and it's got that thick glossy coat of self-help mumbo jumbo. Keenly aware of that. Delayed my response mostly cause of how I felt sharing it.

I would nevertheless advise ignoring all that and letting it present it's point.

And once that's all clear, a few more words from my side.
I know ultimately I'm just some dude on the internet, but for the record, I do believe that you are enough. You do damned well around here, at least.

I know it ain't some kinda panacea. Just feel like when things have battered you that far, it's still important to hear it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just got back from Spiderverse.
Anyone who calls themselves a Spider-Man fan should watch it, it's a huge love letter to the franchise.
And stay right until the very end, easily my favourite post-credits scene

D

Deleted member

Need to unlock everyone ASAP. As soon as I get the game, first...

For those of you who haven't unlocked many characters yet, or don't have a copy of the game at all, which characters are you most looking forward to playing?
To be honest, I have no idea. No, really. I don't know who I'll want to play as or which characters I look forward to. I'll have to see. My skills on the Bayonetta games obviously don't transfer over to this so I'm not sure if I'll play her and this time do something. I'll just start with Mario that's for sure. Tradition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Has anyone actually managed to get a 1v1 match in online Quick Play? At this point I'm convinced it just ignores whatever preferred rules you've set, and just throws you into any match that's open; I've gotten three battles that didn't match a single one of the options I'd set. Never thought I'd find myself missing For Glory, but of course Nintendo would find a way to make that happen. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh cool, the Western release of Yo-Kai Watch 3 is the combination of three Japanese versions.

No need to worry about trading or such.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Has anyone actually managed to get a 1v1 match in online Quick Play? At this point I'm convinced it just ignores whatever preferred rules you've set, and just throws you into any match that's open; I've gotten three battles that didn't match a single one of the options I'd set. Never thought I'd find myself missing For Glory, but of course Nintendo would find a way to make that happen. :p
Oh, you definitely are not alone. I've tried to set 1v1 rules, but I always got placed in a 4 player match so far. It's reached the point that the only way I can reliably do 1v1s online is through the Arena mode, and I have to wait several minutes just to go up since there's usually a line and/or two players are already facing each other.

Nintendo needs to patch online for the next update to make 1v1s more possible. The best I can think of is adding an option that says, "I want ONLY 1v1s" to guarantee 1v1s.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, I didn't go anywhere, I swear.:ultpacman:

In fact, I just bought a Ridley Amiibo & Kirby Planet Robobot, and I of course played ton of Smash Ultimate. So far, there is good thing and....not-so-good thing (and not the way you might expect), but overall, I'm really liking the game so far.

D

Deleted member

Friendship ended with Roy.

Now Inkling is my best friend.

why is everyone so ****ing fun aaaaaaaaahhh
Welcome to the fresh side.

Seriously, though, everyone in this game is amazing. I'm have a really hard time picking my second character to go along with Inkling. :ultmario:,:ultwario:,:ultkrool:,:ultisabelle:, and :ultyoshi: are really strong contenders ATM and I don't know who to choose. I haven't even unlocked everyone yet!

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I assume it'll get better when more people get the game, since there will be more people with your preference.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I managed to get quite a few yesterday in 1v1.! I got them fast luckily

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
9B798B42-4F3B-4AC8-8378-3BE2188207AC.jpeg

Let’s go boys it’s finally happened. Brock X Olivia the most logical ship

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
any thoughts on the game, guys?
World of Light is a cool concept, but I've got mixed thoughts on the execution.

Playing on Hard probably colors it a bit, but my big complaint is just monotony, and I don't think simpler battles would correct that.

I'm impressed with how many varied battles they've managed to come up with, and each one feels fresh enough, but there's just so damn many that it becomes a slog, and there's not much to do but fight.

Actual mechanics will take a lot more analysis to pin down. As noted multiple times, I'm trash, I can't lab for extended periods of time, and the only character I bother with seriously at this time is Pika.

But those set aside, it feels pretty good. I think the joycons are holding me back a bit though.

Couldn't tell you anything about online matches. Haven't been in any.

Let’s go boys it’s finally happened. Brock X Olivia the most logical ship
I mean that's great and all but why only rally the Let's Go boys?

Seems like a narrow slice.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alriiiiight, time for Day 2 of Smash!

I'm pretty sure Day 1 gave me a blister in one thumb and I didn't even have the game as long as most people but OH WEEEELLLLLL

240/1297 Spirits collected, so far all from World of Light and backing out of World of Light and challenges registering as complete. I managed to finally beat The Boss in one spot on the World of Light map and having a Legendary Primary is making my life SOOOOO much better.

. . .Don't judge me for not doing flawlessly on Normal.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
. . .Don't judge me for not doing flawlessly on Normal.
I don't know what me and my whopping 87 spirits over here would say.

Probably something unintelligible that sounds an awful lot like weeping in the corner.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I am tired and I got hit by a really bad new.

Soooo.....anything to say to make me happier?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
WHOA!

I'm not sure what I was expecting out of an obscure Magicant cloud looking corner of the map, but Dyntos running a facility is cool by me!

D

Deleted member

Everyone is playing Ultimate and I'm just here learning Melty Blood combos.
Ryougi is my girl but I'm really liking Kohaku as well. Cactus combos are sick yo.

D

Deleted member

I'm the biggest Shiki fan who has never watched Kara no Kyoukai but I guess that's something I should probably go fix
DIO_JO_Preparing_fight.png

Melty_blood_ryougi_shiki_ending.png

Same energy

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aright here's my likely wrong DLC predictions

1) Joker
2) Wonder Red
3) Steve
4)Sora
5)Pheonix Wright

That's some unpredictable ideas I had, thoughts?

KMDP

Smash Legend
240/1297 Spirits collected, so far all from World of Light and backing out of World of Light and challenges registering as complete. I managed to finally beat The Boss in one spot on the World of Light map and having a Legendary Primary is making my life SOOOOO much better.
I have two Master Rank Spirits (Giratina Origin Forme and Midna and Wolf Link). I've yet to get one by beating them (I've been focusing mostly on the Spirit Board), the two I did get were from Enhancing Ace Rank Spirits.

I've beaten Deoxys (Normal Form) twice (it's a Master Spirit), and have yet to actually get him. The first time I beat him was ridiculous...

The Deoxys Spirit Battle is a battle with Mewtwo on Battlefield Mario Galaxy; Mewtwo has a Deoxys Pokéball, which he will immediately throw at you.

Both times I fought this battle, I played as Lucario. The first time, I got thrown around pretty much helplessly until I was around 170% damage (I did manage to deal 37% damage in return >_>), fortunately, the damage was enough to build my FS Meter, and I used Aura Storm in the upper part of the screen, Mewtwo happened to be right below me, and took the full brunt of the attack, winning me the battle.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In terms of Master Rank Spirits, I have Deoxys(Normal Form), Blade Lord Lyn and Midna a & Wolf Link. I did beat Kaptain K. Rool and Liquid Snake, but I didn't get them. Blade Lord Lyn and Midna & Wolf Link give me a great Red and Green Spirit each, so I need to get a Blue Master Rank Spirit left. Tried getting Caeda twice, but failed each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom