• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've seen everything in the Direct at Uni today - When I finished my Spanish class, the first thing I saw was the Smash Bros announcement. The Inklings being the first announced characters was probably the best way to start up the crazy new era of speculation.

Now on to seeing what everyone's reactions were throughout the time I was gone, while I listen to the "Simple and Clean - Ray of Hope" Remix on endless loop. See you soon, then I'll share my thoughts on how I felt about the whole direct. Good Naga, sooner or later I'm gonna cave in and dive back to the Kingdom Hearts games with the 1.5 + 2.5 compilation on PS4...

So folks... how would you feel if Smash Bros turned into a game as service model?
I'd probably be a bit mixed on it, provided it's done tastefully in a more positive example like what Killer Instinct 2013 could do or Street Fighter V tried to do at launch. But if they did the BBTAG (Lock half the entire roster) or SWBFII(Lock everything behind inconsistent unlocks/microtransactions) paths, I'd be pretty mad.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Crash popular in Japan too though? Woudln't that count for something.
Aren't those based off the sales of the PlayStation games anyway? I haven't looked at sales but it's possible it had a Metroid situation in that Japanese sales tanked after the first four installments. Even then, it also has to translate into fan demand for it to mean anything.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Something I just thought of.

Link is clearly BotW Link.

Zelda will most likely get the make over too.

But what are they gonna do for Twilight Princess Ganondorf? Just...keep him rocking this old tired look?
But him rocking the old and tired look works for Ganondorf, he is an old man after all :troll:

So folks... how would you feel if Smash Bros turned into a game as service model?
Depends on what you mean0, if you mean something like a strong base game, then DLC later on, preferbly in packs, meaning something like paying 30 gets you a season pass that gives something like 10 playable characters, otherwise its best to just do a base game, then do something like X amount of DLC characters.

With that said, it would be neat for me if Smash for Switch, was just a constant stream of DLC of characters and stages, cause it would mean it would never be outdated. Thougj this does mean Nintendo would lose one of its studios, the obvious one for Smash being Hal Labs, which would mean a lack of new Kirby games.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Did somebody say "Leaks Thread"? Yes, please, my body is ready to get back on the hype train and start dissecting leaks and rumors! (In before "Please enjoy my friend Pokémon from Switch games.")

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
As someone who half of his Smashboard post/messages were in the previous Leak thread, I come here just to strongly ask for a new one,The time is here. The time is now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
HOW ABOUT NO!

The place was made for you guys to socialize after the leaks group became mega doodoo on a stick that smells like rotting eggs and Waluigi's crotch.

You people have no idea how bad that place got. Especially as moderators.

I do not support a new one at all.

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
HOW ABOUT NO!

The place was made for you guys to socialize after the leaks group became mega cancer.

Yeah you might want to change that C-Word buddy, not really something you should be using like that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah you might want to change that C-Word buddy, not really something you should be using like that.
It got that bad...

But fine I'll change it I guess.

Sorry but thinking about the leaks group put in my a bad mode.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So, we got the teaser for the new Smash game (I'll call it teaser since we don't have any gameplay). When do you guys think we'll get gameplay trailer? The obvious answer is E3, and I'm guessing with that we might get a new character. But since Villager was revealed in the last Smash and already had gameplay, maybe we don't get any new character on this gameplay trailer and they just show up the Inklings.

Also, sorry to "not" talk about Smash Bros, but this is a social after all, so... I got the most luck ever in FEH
My god, I'm ready to get screwed the rest of my live. Wish the other Morgan was Chrom, but we take those ahahaha. Didn't expect to get anything from this banner and here I am. FMorgan has trash IVs, but both male one's are good.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
It got that bad...

But fine I'll change it I guess.

Sorry but thinking about the leaks group put in my a bad mode.
It's alright, we all had bad times because of leaks and what not, just remember to have fun and just do you because at the end of the day, Nintendo taking all of money and getting rich so let's try to have fun with it K? :):)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I modded the original Smash 4 leak thread for a time, and it was pretty cancerous.

So I wouldn't really recommend a new one. The leaks that are notable for one reason or another will get enough discourse surrounding them with or without that thread.

But I leave it to the mods. Who can also reprimand me if I've used any untoward language here.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
HOW ABOUT NO!

The place was made for you guys to socialize after the leaks group became mega doodoo on a stick that smells like rotting eggs and Waluigi's crotch.

Waluigi's crotch

I don't even

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
HOW ABOUT NO!

As a former mainstay of that place.

I am Roger Smith and I approve this message.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean, like with Smash 4, I'm pretty sure leaks will make their way here regardless. We just don't need a "group" for it.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I can completely understand how hard and tragic was the Leak groups to the moderators.
But I also know that I'm not the only one who liked that space a lot.
The discussion and fake leaks all over the place were just so cool. At least at the start-middle.
Also, for Smashboards itself, seems like a nice move to restrict ""leaks"" discussion to a certain place, since it gives a vision that the site is not supporting leak of information to be spread.

D

Deleted member

In my own personal experience, I've grown to not like the Ice Climbers that much due to some vitriol others had towards the 3DS version. I'd always prefer to have a portable version over a character or two. But since Switch is just one platform that meets both gameplay styles, at home or on the go, adding them should not be a problem and please those who wanted them back in the last two games.

Haven't some people on past threads said they'd be fine with this model? I mean, everyone wants DLC to keep going and going. I personally would prefer the same path as 3DS/Wii U: release the base software, then add downloadable content until the developers feel like they are done and don't have to continuously work on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm having flashbacks...

From the WAAAAr.

D

Deleted member

This was posted on 4chan. Apparently, this is from Nintendo's press release website.

>All new game

YES YES YES YES YES ... ?

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
I'm having flashbacks...

From the WAAAAr.
"It ain't me" starts playing in the background.

This was posted on 4chan. Apparently, this is from Nintendo's press release website.

>All new game

YES YES YES YES YES
Yeah you might want to take any leak posted on 4chan with a grain of salt, lucky for you this site is gonna become pretty salty over the next few month so prepare yourself.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

>All new game

I don't see it.

However...

I did find that the Smash 4 website links to the Smash 2018 site.

D

Deleted member

Yeah you might want to take any leak posted on 4chan with a grain of salt, lucky for you this site is gonna become pretty salty over the next few month so prepare yourself.
I'm aware. I since edited the post to have a question mark at the end. Currently in a thread lurking. Let's see if OP is saying the truth and it's not some inspect element joke.

I don't see it.

However...

I did find that the Smash 4 website links to the Smash 2018 site.
The press site may be stylized in the same way as the normal NoA site. We'll have to see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, we got the teaser for the new Smash game (I'll call it teaser since we don't have any gameplay). When do you guys think we'll get gameplay trailer? The obvious answer is E3, and I'm guessing with that we might get a new character. But since Villager was revealed in the last Smash and already had gameplay, maybe we don't get any new character on this gameplay trailer and they just show up the Inklings.

Also, sorry to "not" talk about Smash Bros, but this is a social after all, so... I got the most luck ever in FEH

My god, I'm ready to get screwed the rest of my live. Wish the other Morgan was Chrom, but we take those ahahaha. Didn't expect to get anything from this banner and here I am. FMorgan has trash IVs, but both male one's are good.
This luck is insane. Congrats though. I put 40 orbs on with nothing so far but a five star eirika first batch.
"It ain't me" starts playing in the background.

this is a fair point but st the same time legit leaks usually come from them. It’s a 50/50 and all luck of the draw with that site. Side Note: I fully expect ice climbers to be back no doubt. They will be shown in the first official trailer with inklings another newcomer and will be on the base roster this time to please fans.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
****, I just realized.

If Mega Man does return... I wonder if his model will be based on MM11 instead of the 8 bit games.
I remember posting about something like that a while back. Though that might've been in the Mega Man threads.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

>All new game

Well, from a pragmatic standpoint, it makes sense to market it as a new game even if it is a half-sequel like the rumors (and Emily) have suggested. While this doesn't confirm it's 100% brand new, it does tell us Nintendo is treating it as such. That bodes well for there being a significant amount of new stuff either way.

HAL Laboratory didn't work on SSB4 right?
View attachment 138325
The copyright there is for the original concept behind Smash Bros. It doesn't actually tell us anything about who's behind this one.

Beware red herrings!

EDIT: Wait a minute, that original image is from 4chan? Are we sure that's legitimate?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The wording is identical to the wording of the Smash Bros. entry in the Nintendo direct summary on Nintendo's site, but with the "with an all new game" part inserted in.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...-bros-series-heads-to-nintendo-switch-in-2018

Which makes it extra suspicious imo. Seems like someone took the official press release so it feels really official and added in a statement that answers a debated question, which is a really common faking tactic. But I could be wrong.

Dan

Smash Lord
There was so much weird stuff in this Direct, like why wouldn't Captain Toad have been on the 3DS and Luigi's Mansion been on the Switch? Just seems more practical imo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>tfw I made another UI edit but I cannot use it as avi because it is a bloody spoiler

pneumaUIFull-m.png

Well, from a pragmatic standpoint, it makes sense to market it as a new game even if it is a half-sequel like the rumors (and Emily) have suggested. While this doesn't confirm it's 100% brand new, it does tell us Nintendo is treating it as such. That bodes well for there being a significant amount of new stuff either way.

The copyright there is for the original concept behind Smash Bros. It doesn't actually tell us anything about who's behind this one.

Beware red herrings!
*Checks SSB4 Site*

Welp

Now I get the "Original Game" Tag

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It doesn't surprise me Nintendo would choose to brand the game that way, but again I'd caution waiting until we see actual gameplay before making truly definitive statements, even if that's what Nintendo is doing. We conclusively know so little.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There was so much weird stuff in this Direct, like why wouldn't Captain Toad have been on the 3DS and Luigi's Mansion been on the Switch? Just seems more practical imo.
But Captain Toad is on the 3DS

Ivander

Smash Legend

You call that luck? I got Saber as my Free Summon. Now that is luck, even if he does have a -SPD, +HP Nature.

Staarih

Smash Master
Waking up to 40+ notifications while I was used to max like 3 at a time tells me we're back at it again!
(or I simply watch too many support threads).

Anyway, I went through the Direct again and the 3DS support is surprising, 2019 titles, really? Though the new Dillon is something I'll definitely try out. I'm oddly excited for Undertale for Switch, I've lowkey waited for it to arrive on a Nintendo console (never thought it would actually happen), and here we are, cool.
...I don't want to douple dip in Captain Toad but I loved that game and new (New Donk City) levels please me way too much.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Interesting, the bottom of the website has link to the Smash WiiU/3DS webpage
Screenshot_20180309-012927.png
Nintendo is really making me confused as to whether this is a port or not

Last edited:
Status