• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See some of you think this is the worst.
Buddy let me hook you up to my Discord life. You think I've been out of the field?
Nah I honed my craft outside, in the worst way anyone can imagine.
This is really the Smashboards experience.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wasn't saying you're wrong, just that the odd name gen getting leap frogged is more coincidence and fans trying to see patterns that aren't really there more than anything else.

Smash right now is slated for this year, and we know nothing about Gen 8 yet. We don't even know if we're getting the games at all this year. But of course behind the scenes is a whole different shebang.

But even so... Sakurai has the final word. If he wants someone from Gen 7, he'll put him in the game. Simple as that.
Pokémon's in a rather peculiar position at this point.

On the one hand, Gen 7 is currently ongoing and was likely in development alongside Smash, they have established Pokémon that people love, it will probably last a decent while longer even if it's on its dying breath, and it is Pokémon's 20th anniversary games. So theoretically, there is good reason to believe that they'd pick a Gen 7 Pokémon during Smash's development since the Pokémon are there and Sakurai would have good material to draw off of.

But then there's the weirdness of Gen 8. It's been announced, it also was being made during Smash's development and may've been in conceptual development even before SM came out (we know XY began development around BW's release for instance), it's slated for this year and based on the financial report in January, they're still gunning for that date. Also, they'll likely probably start promoting it at least after the Summer since localization is rumored to be underway, we're implied to get new Pokémon for the movie, and Pokémon's general media is looking to run out of USUM merchandise material come this Fall. So with all of that in mind, Gen 8 is looking to be where the focus will shift during the Fall, and whether it hits its 2018 date or slips into 2019 (though note, I doubt it'd release anywhere past the Summer in that scenario) theoretically they could've talked to Sakurai and together they pulled another Corrin/Greninja type deal for it.

It just depends on how much information Sakurai is privy to, how much the Pokémon in either generation appeal to him, and whatever's going on behind the scenes with Gen 8. Personally I'm honestly on the fence since Smash 4 did crush the dreams of many Gen 5 Pokémon by skipping over them for Greninja and history can repeat itself, but I also acknowledge that it's not the exact same scenario either since Gen 8 won't be out (or will have just come out) when the next Smash game likely does and that could shift things in Gen 7's favor.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Jokes aside, with everyone saying Crash is now highly likely due to the N. Sane Trilogy port, I'm actually surprised there's no unironic SANS CONFIRMED posts.

I mean, both would be based on the "new game = Smash character" theory that's been a Smash speculation plague since Sm4sh's pre-release.
Crash is in a whole different level than... Sans...

He's iconic and considered by many a playstation figure (even if he was never owned by Sony) and is close to the level of characters like Sonic and Megaman regarding videogame history. Even in the nintendo direct they actually stated crash is a gaming icon, so we can assume they know how important Crash is. Imagine how crazy it would be for people to see the supposed playstation character in Smash Bros, Nintendo would literally slap Sony in the face. Crash has everything in his favor to join the roster now.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You know? Back in my day we had exploding salad gifs posted everyday, now we have horny people and sexual jokes. What happened Smashboards?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Crash is in a whole different level than... Sans...

He's iconic and considered by many a playstation figure (even if he was never owned by Sony) and is close to the level of characters like Sonic and Megaman regarding videogame history. Even in the nintendo direct they actually stated crash is a gaming icon, so we can assume they know how important Crash is. Imagine how crazy it would be for people to see the supposed playstation character in Smash Bros, Nintendo would literally slap Sony in the face. Crash has everything in his favor to join the roster now.
"He's considered a Playstation icon and it would be a slap in the face of Sony to have him!" doesn't seem like very sound reasoning to me. This isn't the 90's, Nintendo doesn't really do things specifically to "stick it to the competition" anymore.

Furthermore, if they had that intention, mission's already accomplished, given that Smash Bros got Cloud and Solid Snake, two characters who would've been more at home in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy I am tired...

I'm laughing so dang hard right now, I'm dying.
I.... uh... do not get it.
You know? Back in my day we had exploding salad gifs posted everyday, now we have horny people and sexual jokes. What happened Smashboards?
Smash for Switch happened.
Back in your day, salads exploded.

Millennials toss their salads.
:061:
Toss their salads where?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"He's considered a Playstation icon and it would be a slap in the face of Sony to have him!" doesn't seem like very sound reasoning to me. This isn't the 90's, Nintendo doesn't really do things specifically to "stick it to the competition" anymore.

Furthermore, if they had that intention, mission's already accomplished, given that Smash Bros got Cloud and Solid Snake, two characters who would've been more at home in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal.
Hell they're both like, giant companies in the millions of dollars if not more. They don't give a **** what happens to the other, they're making their own money.
I'd be more concerned with them trying to have a pissfight with Sony than going about their own business.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Something I just thought of.

Link is clearly BotW Link.

Zelda will most likely get the make over too.

But what are they gonna do for Twilight Princess Ganondorf? Just...keep him rocking this old tired look?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Toss their salads where?
In no particular order.

Next to a lake, in a stranger's driveway, on a bridge in a park, and next to a church.

But what are they gonna do for Twilight Princess Ganon? Just...keep him rocking this old tired look?
Calamity would make a good stage hazard.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

But what are they gonna do for Twilight Princess Ganon? Just...keep him rocking this old tired look?
Don't forget the Champions. Literally any of them would be a prime candidates for Smash now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't worry I got you covered.

My mind says no, but my heart says yes.
Nah, I still want him to wield a trident

Get some old school ganon.

The legendary sword vs the evil trident made to oppose it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't forget the Champions. Literally any of them would be a prime candidates for Smash now.
Thunder Bae or nobody for me in that regard.

I swear if Thirst Fish gets in though.

(Not that I actually expect a new Zelda rep. I feel like there's a reason we don't see Zelda reps and it's because outside of Impa, no one recurs enough to stay relevant. Then again...Fire Emblem franchise says hello.)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When Opossum gets unfrozen we gonna tell him that 24 years have passed and Smash 7 got announced for the newest console: The NX.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

But what are they gonna do for Twilight Princess Ganondorf? Just...keep him rocking this old tired look?
It'll be Calamity Ganon with the full on bug body but he'll still have Captain Falcon's moveset.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Thunder Bae or nobody for me in that regard.

I swear if Thirst Fish gets in though.

(Not that I actually expect a new Zelda rep. I feel like there's a reason we don't see Zelda reps and it's because outside of Impa, no one recurs enough to stay relevant. Then again...Fire Emblem franchise says hello.)
I want my Cheesy Ravioli if only so I can have him and Falco battle in a snark-off.

In the sky.

Snarky birbs.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually hope that chanting and fire ball is in every reveal.

Isabelle is an Animal Crossing ewcomer. She's just sitting peacefully in her office being cute as ****, probably sleeping at her desk cause girl never goes home....and suddenly ominous ****ing chanting wakes her up, she throws coffee in her face when startled and Mario just turns to Villager like ''Oh ****." and Villager is all ''Yeah you owe me a new assistant you ******."

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Zelda will continue to be bottom tier to compensate the top tier butt she gon have.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Nah, I'll be a combination of Twilight Princess Ganondorf and BotW Ganon to make...

Ganondorf Rosé.

On a more serious note, it will probably be a unique design to Smash Switch in the same vein as Sheik in Brawl, where her design was based on 'what if she appeared in Twilight Princess'.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Small brain: Wanting Rex in Smash because you love Xenoblade 2.

Galaxy brain: Wanting Rex in Smash so he can say "Think you can take me" in a taunt

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn't Miyamoto already confirm that to not be the case?
:061:
im not sure if he did or not. I don’t recall that being said but could have missed it.
Jokes aside, with everyone saying Crash is now highly likely due to the N. Sane Trilogy port, I'm actually surprised there's no unironic SANS CONFIRMED posts.

I mean, both would be based on the "new game = Smash character" theory that's been a Smash speculation plague since Sm4sh's pre-release.
I was supporting crash before all this :p still I think he may have competition. Bomberman may be possible imo with the success of R and Konami seemingly trying to be good again. I’m curious though, who do you think out of all the games hear past two or three years will be repped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom