• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nah, I'll be a combination of Twilight Princess Ganondorf and BotW Ganon to make...

Ganondorf Rosé.

On a more serious note, it will probably be a unique design to Smash Switch in the same vein as Sheik in Brawl, where her design was based on 'what if she appeared in Twilight Princess'.
Sheik's design in Brawl was based on unused concept not on...'what if'

Although concept art technically is 'what if' but still it's not Smash original...with that said there may be unused concepts for Ganondorf for BotW, or Sakurai could make a Smash original look which he's done for other characters as well...:pit:being the biggest example...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thunder Bae or nobody for me in that regard.

I swear if Thirst Fish gets in though.

(Not that I actually expect a new Zelda rep. I feel like there's a reason we don't see Zelda reps and it's because outside of Impa, no one recurs enough to stay relevant. Then again...Fire Emblem franchise says hello.)
But fam.. Just look at Sidon, dude

im not sure if he did or not. I don’t recall that being said but could have missed it.

I was supporting crash before all this :p still I think he may have competition. Bomberman may be possible imo with the success of R and Konami seemingly trying to be good again. I’m curious though, who do you think out of all the games hear past two or three years will be repped?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing
Yeah it isn't pikmin 4
:061:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also I somehow feel like Zelda will have her blue dress from BotW, as opposed to her tunic...

but then again alternate costumes are a thing and she may have both anyways...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Sheik's design in Brawl was based on unused concept not on...'what if'

Although concept art technically is 'what if' but still it's not Smash original...with that said there may be unused concepts for Ganondorf for BotW, or Sakurai could make a Smash original look which he's done for other characters as well...:pit:being the biggest example...
Yeah, bad example on my end, I should've used Brawl Pit as an example, since (in hindsight) that was what my point was leaning towards to than Brawl Sheik. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the BotW dev team had already whipped up something for Sakurai to use from BotW's early stages.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah, bad example on my end, I should've used Brawl Pit as an example, since (in hindsight) that was what my point was leaning towards to than Brawl Sheik. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the BotW dev team had already whipped up something for Sakurai to use from BotW's early stages.
Well as I mentioned there's more than likely unused concept art for Ganondorf from BotW (and thinking of that holy crap I'd want to see that, imagine a full-fledged Ganondorf in BotW's style, perhaps think of something similar to Link's Ancient Armour but as Ganondorf)

Then again they may also very well just leave Ganondorf as is...I mean Toon Link doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the Zelda cast, and TP Ganondorf fits in with BotW's style more than Toon Link does...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So folks... how would you feel if Smash Bros turned into a game as service model?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know who I want before Crash Bandicoot that's more of a Playstation icon?

Lara. Croft.

Do. It. You. Fools.

I need to see Lara Croft vs Princess Peach.

Right. Now.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
"He's considered a Playstation icon and it would be a slap in the face of Sony to have him!" doesn't seem like very sound reasoning to me. This isn't the 90's, Nintendo doesn't really do things specifically to "stick it to the competition" anymore.

Furthermore, if they had that intention, mission's already accomplished, given that Smash Bros got Cloud and Solid Snake, two characters who would've been more at home in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal.
This response is flawed in so many different ways.

First of all, Crash was THE "sony" character back them. Cloud and Snake, while of course iconic on their own ways, weren't exactly considered the face of the PS1, while Crash hinself was considered to be the Mario of the Ps1. He even had that 90's commercial calling Mario out. It's a different thing.

Maybe nintendo doesn't specifically care about "slapping sony's face" as I said, but that's all what you said really denies. It doesn't really hurt crash chances because he still has the iconic factor helping him which is what really matters.

Also, you'd think the inclusion of Snake and Cloud would actually make it even more possible for crash to join, not the opposite. They proved that those supposed "impossible 3rd parties" we loved to laught at we someone suggested are actually able to join the roster.
Keep in mind that, regardless of how much i like crash, i'm trying to be as neutral as possible on my points. I don't really care for Rayman for example but i recognize he's also has a good chance of joining right now.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So folks... how would you feel if Smash Bros turned into a game as service model?
Considering Sakurai's DLC opinions, I don't feel like making Smash a Game Service Model would sit well with him.

But from a purely what if scenario... I guess I wouldn't mind it? I dunno, stuff like that depends on a lot of factors.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
No. No.. No...

I am glad you are excited, because I am. I am not a yeller, but I still feel emotion. As soon as I saw that Smash ball logo, I actually shook of excitement.
Well I made some friends that are actually into Nintendo and Smash, so hanging around them and seeing everyone get excited is fire

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look man, I want to be neutral with my points, but Crash is 90's Playstation in 2018. He made fun of Mario once. Your argument is flawed in so many ways.
Cloud and Snake has jack **** on the half-naked rat man.

Honestly? Guilty until proven innocent.
It's a ****ty model that can be very exploitative. We've seen this before in other games.
Unless Nintendo turns it mindblowing I don't see the appeal of a subscription service or microtransactions.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I know I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to do it.

Since a new Smash game has been announced, I think it's appropriate we let the games and bets begin.

If Ice Climbers aren't in this game, I will drink a beverage of my choice out of a shoe; and I'm not backing out either. You heard it here first.

Sakurai please...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Surprised no one said anything about my return.
Today has been a busy day.

I wondered if you'd come back yesterday, but a whole lot of people whov'e been gone longer started swarming because Smash and I lost track.

Speaking of which. . .

Sit down, buckle up, pull down the safety bar and put all bags in the safety mesh, because the ride is about to begin and you better believe it's wild.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to do it.

Since a new Smash game has been announced, I think it's appropriate we let the games and bets begin.

If Ice Climbers aren't in this game, I will drink a beverage of my choice out of a shoe; and I'm not backing out either. You heard it here first.

Sakurai please...
Honestly I haven't even thought about Ice Climbers till you brought it up.

My mind is more foucsed on possible newcomers.

Even with veterans I've always wanted Snake back more.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If Ice Climbers aren't back I'm gonna be amazed.
Keep in mind the only reason they were out on Smash 4 was because of the 3DS, they were running on Wii U just fine.
Like they were fully intended to be in the game, and I don't see that changing.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sakurai knows Ice Climbers were missed in Smash 4, their cut was unfortunate but necessary considering he wanted to keep the rosters consistent between both versions...

They more than likely will return...

As will Wolf because you'd have to be both deaf and blind to not notice how much demand there was for the character during DLC speculation...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Surprised no one said anything about my return.
Hi, so are you OK now? Hope this Direct cheered you up.
Now let's just have fun and discuss about this new Smash Bros :)
Well I made some friends that are actually into Nintendo and Smash, so hanging around them and seeing everyone get excited is fire
Hey, SuperMii3D haven't saw you for a while.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai knows Ice Climbers were missed in Smash 4, their cut was unfortunate but necessary considering he wanted to keep the rosters consistent between both versions...

They more than likely will return...

As will Wolf because you'd have to be both deaf and blind to not notice how much demand there was for the character during DLC speculation...
But then why didn't Wolf come back as part of the DLC? :upsidedown:

I think people should stay conscious that even if they think a character's chances are high, it doesn't guarantee they will get in.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Hello.

Today has been a busy day.

I wondered if you'd come back yesterday, but a whole lot of people whov'e been gone longer started swarming because Smash and I lost track.

Speaking of which. . .

Sit down, buckle up, pull down the safety bar and put all bags in the safety mesh, because the ride is about to begin and you better believe it's wild.
Yeah people get cra-cra when it comes to Smash speculation, hopefully no one tells me that I shouldn't ask for characters like Rids and K.Krool because I never asked for their opinion in the first place.

If I wanted their opinion I would have asked them for it but enough about that, I NEED MY OCTOLING SEMI-CLONES NOW!!!!

I'm feeling a lot a better, it helps that I have a job now so I can actually buy a switch so that helps a lot.

Now where is Shiny so I can hug him?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Like many others, the biggest reason I left was because speculation was over. But with Smash Switch, leaks and straw grasping is gonna run wild.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But then why didn't Wolf come back as part of the DLC? :upsidedown:

I think people should stay conscious that even if they think a character's chances are high, it doesn't guarantee they will get in.
I think Icies are a special case.
Literally the only thing that prevented them from returning was technical problems. Like it's not a case of may or may not, they were fully intended to be in Smash 4.

Wolf I can't say too much about.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK but ground rules:

1. If you're salty because a Nintendo character/video game character primarily known for being a video game character got into Smash, I suggest a nice refreshing dip in a lake to cool off. From a height high enough that the water tension turns half your skin red and gives you a wedgie.

2. Expect the unexpected, unless you're deliberately using reverse psychology in which case it ain't happening.

3. Odd gens don't happen unless Gen 1. That's not a fact of character selection, that's just timing and the balance of luck. Still true tho.

4. If you think the character is a shoo-in, they're not getting in.

5. If you're rooting for character cuts, you're a [DATA EXPUNGED]. Not even gonna sugar coat that one past not leaving a trail of asterisks.

6. Not everything is Sakurai Bias.

7. Let's not blame clones that take a fraction of the time to make as full characters for full characters not being added. That's stupid.

8. The Ballot will likely be referenced for this game. 50/50 shot it's someone that isn't a "heavily requested" character again.

9. If any K. Rool fans start acting like actual K. Rool clones like last time, I will personally slap the offending individuals over the head with a frying pan.

10. ANY QUESTIONS????

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think Icies are a special case.
Literally the only thing that prevented them from returning was technical problems. Like it's not a case of may or may not, they were fully intended to be in Smash 4.

Wolf I can't say too much about.
I won't expect Ice Climbers to definitely come back but I think you raise a good point as to why they would be likely to come back.

D

Deleted member

Funny how the rest of the Direct just gets absolutely eclipsed when even without Smash it was still pretty decent.
It was fine but not noteworthy. Remember, all we got were ports, expansions, and tournament announcements before Smash. It's good that third-parties are supporting the Switch while they theoretically develop new titles exclusive (or come out at the same time) to it but the only reason why we'll remember this one is because nothing sends the fan base into frenzy more than the pre-game Smash scene.
Crash is, right now, the most likely 3rd Party to join the roster. I'm confident.
This response is flawed in so many different ways.

First of all, Crash was THE "sony" character back them. Cloud and Snake, while of course iconic on their own ways, weren't exactly considered the face of the PS1, while Crash hinself was considered to be the Mario of the Ps1. He even had that 90's commercial calling Mario out. It's a different thing.

Maybe nintendo doesn't specifically care about "slapping sony's face" as I said, but that's all what you said really denies. It doesn't really hurt crash chances because he still has the iconic factor helping him which is what really matters.

Also, you'd think the inclusion of Snake and Cloud would actually make it even more possible for crash to join, not the opposite. They proved that those supposed "impossible 3rd parties" we loved to laught at we someone suggested are actually able to join the roster.
Keep in mind that, regardless of how much i like crash, i'm trying to be as neutral as possible on my points. I don't really care for Rayman for example but i recognize he's also has a good chance of joining right now.
Then why does your avatar have Crash on it?

Also the argument for Crash being "the Sony character" falls apart because Sony no longer owns the franchise but Activision, especially since you said "back then" and not now. Most people who started gaming after the 5th generation of gaming are not going to remember Crash as a Sony icon, and why would they? Crash had over a decade lull before returning with a remaster - not a new game.

Furthermore, Western games gets little representation. Diddy Kong is the only character we've ever gotten that was not created in Japan and even then, he appears in a Japanese gaming franchise that just happens to have a few really popular Western-made games. Other than that, what have we gotten? An item from Smash 64 that resembles a weapon in Goldeneye 007? Rayman as a trophy? The game heavily favors Japanese contents and that's not going to change with this game. Considering the language barrier that comes with negotiating additional contents, that too complicates the process of adding characters.

The only argument people can make for Crash's inclusion is "he's iconic!" but so are Bomberman, Leon Kennedy, Ryu Hayabusa, and the likes from Japanese third-parties. Third-parties are put on a lot higher pedestal than Nintendo characters and Crash doesn't stand out. He's not from Japan, he doesn't have a game with Nintendo's involvement that may help simplify legal issues, and it's far too late for fan demand to help him get in even if fan polls were an accurate representation of what people since he didn't start getting more supporters until after the N-Sane Trilogy Switch port rumor started.

Maybe with Smash 7 (assuming Smash 6 is the game that got announced) he'll have a large enough fan base for inclusion but that depends on him getting a successful revival of his franchise and not just a remaster. I'm afraid you'll be waiting years more for him and that's goes for any western third-party that isn't the Rabbids (a big if).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You know what I just realized?

When Smash Switch was revealed during the Direct, it was already March 9 in Japan. You know what date it coincides with?

The 10th anniversary of this game!

Yeah, I know Japan already celebrated its 10th anniversary of the game a few months back, but hey, I can't help but think that perhaps the Smash Switch reveal was intended to practically coincide with that date.

And speaking of Brawl, it's hard to believe 10 years already went by since this game came out! It's a game that fills with nostalgia whenever I think about it. I had blast using characters like Lucario, Toon Link, Meta Knight, and Wolf at the time, and I also remember how much fun I had with Subspace Emmisary as well.

With that said, Happy 10th Anniversary, Super Smash Bros Brawl!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm holding out me (and my boyfriend's) hopes on Popo & Nana coming back till we see if this truly is just a Switch game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It was fine but not noteworthy. Remember, all we got were ports, expansions, and tournament announcements before Smash. It's good that third-parties are supporting the Switch while they theoretically develop new titles exclusive (or come out at the same time) to it but the only reason why we'll remember this one is because nothing sends the fan base into frenzy more than the pre-game Smash scene.

Then why does your avatar have Crash on it?

Also the argument for Crash being "the Sony character" falls apart because Sony no longer owns the franchise but Activision, especially since you said "back then" and not now. Most people who started gaming after the 5th generation of gaming are not going to remember Crash as a Sony icon, and why would they? Crash had over a decade lull before returning with a remaster - not a new game.

Furthermore, Western games gets little representation. Diddy Kong is the only character we've ever gotten that was not created in Japan and even then, he appears in a Japanese gaming franchise that just happens to have a few really popular Western-made games. Other than that, what have we gotten? An item from Smash 64 that resembles a weapon in Goldeneye 007? Rayman as a trophy? The game heavily favors Japanese contents and that's not going to change with this game. Considering the language barrier that comes with negotiating additional contents, that too complicates the process of adding characters.

The only argument people can make for Crash's inclusion is "he's iconic!" but so are Bomberman, Leon Kennedy, Ryu Hayabusa, and the likes from Japanese third-parties. Third-parties are put on a lot higher pedestal than Nintendo characters and Crash doesn't stand out. He's not from Japan, he doesn't have a game with Nintendo's involvement that may help simplify legal issues, and it's far too late for fan demand to help him get in even if fan polls were an accurate representation of what people since he didn't start getting more supporters until after the N-Sane Trilogy Switch port rumor started.

Maybe with Smash 7 (assuming Smash 6 is the game that got announced) he'll have a large enough fan base for inclusion but that depends on him getting a successful revival of his franchise and not just a remaster. I'm afraid you'll be waiting years more for him and that's goes for any western third-party that isn't the Rabbids (a big if).
Isn't Crash popular in Japan too though? Woudln't that count for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom