• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If there's one thing I request from Smash Switch.

Actually make some damn Sonic and Final Fantasy remixes.

Oh and make sure that Final Fantasy has more than two songs.
I'm more concerned with whether or not Final Fantasy is actually returning than I am with the amount of content it'll get.

Given how things went with Cloud in SSB4, I think he's far and beyond the likeliest to be the Snake of SSB Switch. To the point where I think his best shot of returning is if it IS a port.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just realized I could be considered a veteran on this site. I've been here for almost 5 years. I'm just as excited now as I was 5 years ago for Smash. I can't wait for more infractions!
I was here for almost as long although I left from Feb 2014 through Feb 2015.

And then there was a whole bunch of hiatus' I took ever since.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized I could be considered a veteran on this site. I've been here for almost 5 years. I'm just as excited now as I was 5 years ago for Smash. I can't wait for more infractions!
Seeing you makes me nostalgic for my Roger Smith name back.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Oh yeah, I went on a hiatus too. I came back yesterday because I was bored and Smash Switch was announced! Perhaps I'm a psychic :laugh:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm more concerned with whether or not Final Fantasy is actually returning than I am with the amount of content it'll get.

Given how things went with Cloud in SSB4, I think he's far and beyond the likeliest to be the Snake of SSB Switch. To the point where I think his best shot of returning is if it IS a port.
In truth, Cloud pretty much has the worst chances of appearing in the next Smash Bros., especially with the way Smash 3DS / Wii U represented Final Fantasy VII.

D

Deleted member

Been here for almost four years myself. We may get older and wiser as time advances, but one thing stays the same: our excitement for a party game. Or competitive platform fighting game. Or whatever Smash is.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily Hard to say. They might just keep Ivysaur and Squirtle, and find another Fire Pokemon that is popular to work with. Or possibly stick with only those two. It's hard to say since Charizard works well as alone as he does on a team. It's more the fact they were unbalanced overall. That needs fixing. The team idea was not bad, just the execution.
I could see Blazekin replacing Charizard as the heavy hitter of the team, but I kind of feel it not being from the sameset of starters hurts the theming somewhat. Still if they just have Ivysaur, Squirtle and Blazekein, I'd still be happy, cause Gen 3 will finally have obvious representation in Smash. Though I'd love to see a stage based around an area from Hoenn.

Also I do wonder if the Switch would allow for faster transformation times, cause if so the Pokemon Trainer would work better, cause switching out would allow for the 3 man team set up to work better.

Last edited:

Chrono.

In truth, Cloud pretty much has the worst chances of appearing in the next Smash Bros., especially with the way Smash 3DS / Wii U represented Final Fantasy VII.
Y'all be breaking my heart here with them truth bombs.

D

Deleted member

I am dreaming of sleeping in Mythra's "two pillows"....I should not be thinking thoughts of those.....

I used to lurk around my early times and then around November I started to post in a Competitive Analysis thread, and now I am here.
I found this image of my new-self and I feel a little nostalgic. I think this was my third avatar ever.
2017-12-13.png

I mean look how much I have risen to power today.
Y'all be breaking my heart here with them truth bombs.
Me too. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's 2014 all over again.
No, it's 2013 all over again lol.
And 2018 E3 is going to be like 2014 E3 but better

Also I think this is going to be more of a new game since the website has changed....

Mario, Villager other characters are gone. And the website clearly says it's "title pending"

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think Charizard is going anywhere. I've seen people predicting it being cut constantly (in hypothetical Smash 5 rosters), but it's one of the most iconic and recognizable Pokemon. I think we'd sooner lose Greninja or have Mewtwo cut again than we are to lose Charizard.

Personally, I think the characters at the highest risk of being cut are Cloud (the likeliest overall), Roy, the clone trio, and Bowser Jr (simply because Sakurai outright said he was close to being on the chopping block in SSB4).

D

Deleted member

I'll do my no-hopers list like the one I made from during Smash 4's DLC period.

Zael - His time has long passed.
Snake, Simon - Iffy at best due to Konami.
Spyro - Western third party character with little presence in Japan, Crash is more likely as far as Activision characters go.
Fiora, Melia, Reyn, Dunban, Riki - Xenoblade 1 is yesterday's news. At least I'm confident in Shulk returning.
Lyn - Likely staying an Assist, I doubt we're getting an FE newcomer that isn't the current protagonist.
Ganon, Tetra, Ghirahim - I'm sure most of you know how I feel about the chances of a Zelda newcomer happening at this point.
Saki - Likely staying an Assist, Sin & Punishment is dead.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

My only thing keeping me having faith he's 100 percent proof is that Nintendo and Square Enix do have a working relationship when it comes to the Switch and we don't necessarily need a Final Fantasy game on the Switch to secure Cloud coming back.

After all and I may be wrong. He only had an appearance on the 3DS during the Wii U/3DS period I believe.

D

Deleted member

No, it's 2013 all over again lol.
And 2018 E3 is going to be like 2014 E3 but better

Also I think this is going to be more of a new game since the website has changed....

Mario, Villager other characters are gone. And the website clearly says it's "title pending"
You can still access the 3DS/Wii U site on the bottom right corner of the page. But if it's really a new game, that should be enough for me to regain interest. If it's a port, I mean, cool that Smash is on Switch one way or the other, but I personally would rather have a new entry.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All right if we're gonna real talk here I'm gonna pull something (implying this is a new game):

Tthe launch roster is going to be smaller than Smash 4. We're not getting 50 characters at launch.
Like with two or so years in development 60+ characters is a ****ton of time and balancing. And while I make jokes about Smash's balancing being horrid, mostly because it can be, 50 on top of a whole bunch of other things is madness. Which means that yes, there's going to be cuts that's inevitable.

What I expect to happen is something a lot of fighting games have been doing recently: launching with a smaller but decently sized roster, and then slowly feeding in more characters as time goes on.
For better or worse I am expecting an emphasis on season passes and DLC. And while it goes into some rocky territory, it also means less of a hassle to get everyone in at launch.
Capcom's been doing it, SNK has been doing it, hell Arc Systems does it.

I don't think everyone's going to be coming back (especially not as a giant ass roster), but if there's a way this is going to be the best way.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was a newbie during Smash 4 speculation, which means Im an old fart for the speculation of this game now; feels good man.

I am dreaming of sleeping in Mythra's "two pillows"....I should not be thinking thoughts of those.....
I never thought I would use this image twice in a day.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
My only thing keeping me having faith he's 100 percent proof is that Nintendo and Square Enix do have a working relationship when it comes to the Switch and we don't necessarily need a Final Fantasy game on the Switch to secure Cloud coming back.

After all and I may be wrong. He only had an appearance on the 3DS during the Wii U/3DS period I believe.
It's not that I think it's an impossibility and Square wouldn't allow it to happen again.

It's more that the noticeable lack of FF content in Smash 4 (especially in comparison to fellow-DLC franchises Bayonetta and Street Fighter) sends the message that Square didn't give them much to work with. Part of it is just intuition. He just seems like one-time wish fulfillment in a similar manner that Snake was......I get that "odd man out" vibe from him that I also got from Snake.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Actually I wanna talk about the greatest injustice in that direct.

Chain Chomp? Really?!

Pauline is a Mayor.

And if there's anything I know about politicians they love playing sports when they should be in office!

You get here in that Mario Tennis Aces roster right now.

Chrono.

I've been here since 2014.

Somehow didn't forget about this place nor did I stop coming aside from some month long hiatuses.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually I wanna talk about the greatest injustice in that direct.

Chain Chomp? Really?!

Pauline is a Mayor.

And if there's anything I know about politicians they love playing sports when they should be in office!

You get here in that Mario Tennis Aces roster right now.
Excuse me.
Are you implying that Chain Chomp is not worthy? He is a good boy that does his best.
He is loving and that's all we want from him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Games not going to be complete until this guy is a dream friend

D

Deleted member

I was a newbie during Smash 4 speculation, which means Im an old fart for the speculation of this game now; feels good man.
I AM SORRY, I AM TRYING TO REMOVE THESE THOUGHTS.
I hate it when I get horny because I act really awkward.
For a second I thought you had the Eyesoreboards theme for the site.That April Fools joke was literally painful to my eyes/
The good old Project M background design was the one I used. :)
I request we ban the Raccoon...
He has rabies, we not only ban him but take him to a vet.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not that I think it's an impossibility and Square wouldn't allow it to happen again.

It's more that the noticeable lack of FF content in Smash 4 (especially in comparison to fellow-DLC franchises Bayonetta and Street Fighter) sends the message that Square didn't give them much to work with. Part of it is just intuition. He just seems like one-time wish fulfillment in a similar manner that Snake was......I get that "odd man out" vibe from him that I also got from Snake.
I suppose but I also can see how many things could have lead to that outcome that aren't just strictly an odd man out scenario waiting to happen. It could simply be that Square only gave Sakurai FF7 content so thus he couldn't include trophies and music from other installments of the franchise, etc, etc.

After all I'd imagine talking about installments other than FF7 which seemed the goal would probably cost more money in the longer run and be more of a hassle since each installment is different and different people worked on each, etc, etc.

And to be fair they let him make a Geno Mii Fighter outfit and that's something they really didn't have to do considering Geno's pretty much a nobody in today's gaming world.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

We got Inklings.

When is Spring-Man?

:4iggy:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know if Cloud does comeback, it'd be great if he brought a Dragon Quest charcter with him. I'm not sure which one, my guess is the original, since I feel he kind of has icon status since he was the first, like with Marth.

Also I feel it would show the Enix side of Square Enix, since Cloud represents the Square side.

Also I'm kind of thinking having Lloyod from Tales be playable would be cool, since the Tales games is a major Namco series, altough if a Tales character was choosen I could see the original protagonist from tje first Tales game choosen, cause again senioroty.

Hey you guys remember how I was someone against most 3rd parties? I still am, I've just expanded my horozons and have seen more major gaming series and companies.

Aldo I suppose Prof. Layton, or the Youkai Watch mascot joining, can't rememer his name right now, since Level 5 have expanded their influence. Not sure if they are big enough have 2 like Capcom though.

If FF doesn't come back to smash i'm going to be so pissed. Cloud was my favorite addition ever. Losing him would be a huge blow. A blow i've prepared for, but a blow nonetheless

I just want The Extreme in smash
:061:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I agree Cloud seems likeliest to go, but I reckon the limited FF content was more owing to the fact that it may have been far more expensive to license than other properties, given how SE treats things and considering how the budget was not that of main game development. I mean they didn't even bother with an English VA.

That's my guess.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So....

We got Inklings.

When is Spring-Man?

:4iggy:
*Twintelle

Sorry, you seemed to have misspelled that my friend.

Excuse me.
Are you implying that Chain Chomp is not worthy? He is a good boy that does his best.
He is loving and that's all we want from him.
Oh he's worthy. It's just...they have a chance to make Pauline into the next Rosalina here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom