• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Okay time to break out my Smash Switch Dreampipe Wishlist:

- King Boo
- Incineroar
- Elma
- Rex w/ Pyra/Mythra
- Tails

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I fully expect DBFZ to get a Switch port this year, but only after the first DLC wave is done. Having them already on the cart would be a decent selling point.
I'm serious here
If Dragon Ball FighterZ comes to Switch I will definitely support Goku be in Smash Bros 5.
It was a great Direct, even without Smash.
Um, I actually somewhat disagree, I will give it is decent if without new Smash Bros.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Have Pythra working like Monado Arts:
Pyra: + Knockback, - Damage
Mythra: - Knockback, + Damage

Bam.
Already addressed that in my post.

Can't really see them giving a single character two-in-one AND transformation mechanics at the same time. I mean, making the newcomers unique was explicitly stated to be a goal in SSB4 (and it would be true to XBC2), but this seems less unique and more like we're just piling a bunch of existing gimmicks onto one character for the sake of making sure both waifus are accounted for.

Last edited:

Chrono.

On another note, Odd Gen Syndrome. Gen 8 is already announced, no WAY Decidueye doesn't get leapfrogged by something from that.
But on the flip side, Smash Switch has been in development alongside Gen 7.

It's not really the same situation as other times.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, Pyra and Mythra could be interchangeable costumes. It's not like their different elements would matter all that much in Smash. Just change some of the attack effects from Fire to Light, have both of em do something in the Final Smash, boom, problem solved.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For this Smash I just want

-Celica or Lyn
-Incineroar
-Min Min

And of course:
-Rex and Pythra.... and Zeke.... and Mòrag.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We need Burb.

Where is Burb Burb we need his modern sensibilities and logic in the days of hype about to come.

Come to me buddy.

We must spar as I hype too much and you talk me down with cold hard facts.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Crash is, right now, the most likely 3rd Party to join the roster. I'm confident.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well right now I'm contractually obligated to like Excitebiker. So...
Woo yeah bike guy yeah. I like him, he's a shoe-in best retro rep since the dog.
He'll be in.
Maybe.
If you want. You can believe.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But on the flip side, Smash Switch has been in development alongside Gen 7.

It's not really the same situation as other times.
. . .And Smash Switch has been in development alongside Gen 8, and Gen 5 was still going on when Smash 4 started up.

They gave them concept art last time. I'm just saying I remember all the event only legendaries people proudly waved around, SURE they were going to be in Smash. . .any day now. . .aaaaany day now.

When Smash is on the cusp of two gens, the earlier gen is NOT a shoo-in.

D

Deleted member

Okay time to break out my Smash Switch Dreampipe Wishlist:

- King Boo
- Incineroar
- Elma
- Rex w/ Pyra/Mythra
- Tails
My Smash for Switch Dream Fighters Are:
-Marshadow, Incineroar or Decuideye
-Rex, Pyra or Mythra
-Tails
-Master Chief
-Issac
-Bandanna Dee
-Crash Bandicoot
-Dixie Kong or King K. Rool
-Lyn or Chrom
-Bomberman
Veterans: :snake::wolf::popo::ivysaur::squirtle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
We need Burb.

Where is Burb Burb we need his modern sensibilities and logic in the days of hype about to come.

Come to me buddy.

We must spar as I hype too much and you talk me down with cold hard facts.
I'm right here, sweetie pie. ;)

D

Deleted member

You know, I want to go to bed but the Smash for Switch hype is staring right into my soul.
I love Sakurai ( not dating wise ). Sakurai is a great developer and I thank him for putting this over his health. Sakurai should get a break and a lot of money.

D

Deleted member

Crash is, right now, the most likely 3rd Party to join the roster. I'm confident.
Eh, I think that title of the most likely third party to join Smash for Switch belongs to Bomberman. Crash would be up there.
Inb4 we drive Sakurai to hurt both of his hands and is unable to work indefinitely
You are making me sad. :(
I know this is a joke, but that hurt me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily Hard to say. They might just keep Ivysaur and Squirtle, and find another Fire Pokemon that is popular to work with. Or possibly stick with only those two. It's hard to say since Charizard works well as alone as he does on a team. It's more the fact they were unbalanced overall. That needs fixing. The team idea was not bad, just the execution.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crash I can't even begin to guess (might almost be too SAFE), but I can't see Steve happening by dint of the fact that Microsoft now owns him. Company bigger than Nintendo and partially in competition with them? Even despite relations still being good enough for collabs and a steady stream of ports, that still sounds like an unh-unh.

And Metroid is like Zelda: everyone asks for characters, no one gets them. The fact that you can't even think of a precise character with Ridley not an option says volumes.

On another note, Odd Gen Syndrome. Gen 8 is already announced, no WAY Decidueye doesn't get leapfrogged by something from that.

Aside from those observations I'd be getting into more wobbly logic or I agree with you, but there's my take.
I figured Steve would be likely because of how big Minecraft is. I could be wrong on this but it wouldn't shock me if he was included.

I couldn't think of a character because I don't know much about Metroid lol. All I know is that there's a lot of fans that want more out of the franchise and maybe Sakurai will give them a character other than Ridley as a "consolation prize" of sorts. That and because MP4 is coming out in the not-too distant future.

I thought of that but I don't think the new game is Gen 8. It could be yes but i'm not sure of that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Inb4 we drive Sakurai to hurt both of his hands and is unable to work indefinitely
Then I will be forced to take over and create the new Smash games going forward.:reverse:

And then you guys will all complain about AW bias! :demon:

D

Deleted member

That would be the other thing everyone wants to do with those pillows, yes.

Astute observation.
...I can agree on this....
oh get a room you two
HUH
I figured Steve would be likely because of how big Minecraft is. I could be wrong on this but it wouldn't shock me if he was included.

I couldn't think of a character because I don't know much about Metroid lol. All I know is that there's a lot of fans that want more out of the franchise and maybe Sakurai will give them a character other than Ridley as a "consolation prize" of sorts. That and because MP4 is coming out in the not-too distant future.

I thought of that but I don't think the new game is Gen 8. It could be yes but i'm not sure of that.
The sad part is I want Master Chief, but Steve has a much more likely chance than Master Chief if it comes to Microsoft third parties.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I love you, boo.

Just remember that in the months to come when we spare. :love:
I never harbor any ill will towards people I debate with after it's all said and done. I like you after our countless arguments in the Sm4sh days, and I'll still like you after the inevitable ones that spring up this time around. :cool:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Detective Pikachu has a movie coming out.

He's also got the body shape of a character that's already in Smash.

Chances he's a newcomer?
Actually that' be a good...

I could see the detective hat being used for one of Pikachu's palette options.
Damnit, nevermind. Although it would be a neat touch if when the Dective alt is choosen Pikachu got rough voicw, instead of tje normal one.

So my tentative newcomer prediction for the new game...

Inklings
Spring Man
Rex/Pyra
Takamaru
Decidueye
Another FE character
K. Rool
A Metroid character
Crash
Steve

Sound about right? That's not accounting for DLC of course if that were to happen.
You know, Takamaru could actually happen this time,his game got an Eshop release, so his main reason for not making it in is gone.

Plus this is just me personally, but I'd love it if Smash was used as a precurser for bringing him back, like with Pit, and how Uprising came out and we saw Nintendo's take on Greek mythology. I'd love for them to do the same with Takamaru, just have his game incoperated Japanese mythology instead of Greek. Hell we could even get an Okami reference in that hypothetical game.

See. However I can see Sakurai seeing Detective Pikachu as being something of a change in pace and different for a Pokemon newcomer. The man is always looking for new playstyles for each franchise present and this is probably his best shot at having that.

Not to mention this is the first Pokemon spin-off that is that eccentric and it's the one chosen to lead the charge for Pokemon in the live action film world.

I can see him definitely giving him some serious thought.
I'd honestly hope not that Dective Pikachu was the next Pokemon spin-off to make it into Smash aftet Snap. When I feel honestly the other spin-offs offer so much with potentail movesets and newcomers.

Also give us remixes of the Pokemon soundtracks from the spin-offs in this Smash, Sakurai, Please.

Chrono.

. . .And Smash Switch has been in development alongside Gen 8, and Gen 5 was still going on when Smash 4 started up.

They gave them concept art last time. I'm just saying I remember all the event only legendaries people proudly waved around, SURE they were going to be in Smash. . .any day now. . .aaaaany day now.

When Smash is on the cusp of two gens, the earlier gen is NOT a shoo-in.
I wasn't saying you're wrong, just that the odd name gen getting leap frogged is more coincidence and fans trying to see patterns that aren't really there more than anything else.

Smash right now is slated for this year, and we know nothing about Gen 8 yet. We don't even know if we're getting the games at all this year. But of course behind the scenes is a whole different shebang.

But even so... Sakurai has the final word. If he wants someone from Gen 7, he'll put him in the game. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
oh get a room you two
Gladly. Embarrass

I wasn't saying you're wrong, just that the odd name gen getting leap frogged is more coincidence and fans trying to see patterns that aren't really there more than anything else.

Smash right now is slated for this year, and we know nothing about Gen 8 yet. We don't even know if we're getting the games at all this year. But of course behind the scenes is a whole different shebang.

But even so... Sakurai has the final word. If he wants someone from Gen 7, he'll put him in the game. Simple as that.
I agree, honestly.

Even if there was a genuine pattern and it wasn't coincidental, fact of the matter is that it's a different situation this time around. There were two gens released between Melee and Brawl, and Brawl and SSB4. There's only been one this time, with the next extremely early in development.

I'm quite certain X/Y was further along in development when Greninja was chosen than the new gen was while this Smash game's roster was finalized (which it must be by this point, if it really is coming out in 2018).

With that in mind, I think we're more likely to get a Sun/Moon 'mon than a Gen 8 one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to go to sleep but you darn users keep on posting. Keep on posting for fun though. :)

Today is a great day for all Smash fans out there, including me.
Also Sakurai, make Inklings top tier. They deserve competitive love.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily Hard to say. They might just keep Ivysaur and Squirtle, and find another Fire Pokemon that is popular to work with. Or possibly stick with only those two. It's hard to say since Charizard works well as alone as he does on a team. It's more the fact they were unbalanced overall. That needs fixing. The team idea was not bad, just the execution.
It's probably for the best that the Pokemon Trainer's mechanics never returned. The idea seemed good during Brawl's lifespan, but the stamina system can really be a big hindrance, since you're forced to have to switch characters during a match; a situation that you never had to deal with for Zelda or Sheik.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If there's one thing I request from Smash Switch.

Actually make some damn Sonic and Final Fantasy remixes.

Oh and make sure that Final Fantasy has more than two songs.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yes I too want Inklings to be as broke as ****.
It's on my Christmas list. Sakurai I've seen your work you're the best at making borked characters.

Especially small orbs you have a weird history with that I don't know why.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I just realized I could be considered a veteran on this site. I've been here for almost 5 years. I'm just as excited now as I was 5 years ago for Smash. I can't wait for more infractions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom