• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
oh. dont sweat, i know busty chick exsists, my sis was one of them until she got sick. Im just saying they dont look real
Lots of artists have no idea how to draw realistically large breasts.

I will concede that Kagero's bustline looks "enhanced" in that image, but I chalk that up to the... um... artistic sources. XD

Iridium

Smash Hero
So apparently Celebrity Deathmatch is getting rebooted? Seriously, check out the news right now.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know what's wrong with the eyes in that image?

There's too much sclera (eye white), she'd look a lot better if her irises were larger, or if the sclera had any shading whatsoever.

The small-size of her irises makes her look crazy.

Why is Charlotte's only version a version of her that uses a weapon (Lances) that Charlotte cannot use natively?
I dunno man. Axes are cool, let her have an axe.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno man. Axes are cool, let her have an axe.
Charlotte is my favourite Fates character (and one of my favourite FE characters, period).

This is one of my favourite pieces of Fire Emblem artwork, because it's both badass and hilarious.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still also think people vastly overestimate how much different a lance or axe based moveset would stand out from a sword based one.
I think you vastly underestimate Sakurai's ability to make a creative and appealing moveset. :ultpiranha:

So apparently Celebrity Deathmatch is getting rebooted? Seriously, check out the news right now.
HOLY ****, LETS GO

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My favorite episode was when the Backstreet Boys faced off against the Beastie Boys.

Although not doing Backstreet Boys VS N'Sync was a huge wasted opportunity. It might be 20 years too late for that **** but damn that'd be jokes lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's one of those ads that you see on youtube too dang much, which is why I dislike it.
There are a few adverts I see way too much on Youtube, fortunately most of them are skippable.

But then every now and then it shows me ads for Girls' toys (I'll explain why I think it does so), which are unskippable for some reason.

As for why I think it shows me ads for kids toys, I think it's because one time a few months ago, I saw a random ad that I thought my mother would enjoy, so I actively sought it out, and, in showing it to my mother (and then my father at the request of my mother) I ended up watching it three or four times.

Google's algorithm must have thought "Man, this 28-year-old guy really likes this kid's toy, I'll just show him more like it."

Sometimes the algorithm works against you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FE classes/characters that could provide movesets no other Smash fighter has and few Nintendo characters could do:
-Axe fighters(Hector, Edelgard, FEH Anna)
-Spear fighters(Ephraim, Sharena, Fjorm)
-Horseback fighting(Eliwood, Camus, Sigurd, Veronica, also Ephraim)
-Not gonna pretend it would work but flying horseback fighting(Elincia, the Whitewings)
-Debuffing spells(Veronica, Celica)
-Full on archer(Takumi, Virion, ****ing Wolt)
-Fully magical moveset without silly kicks or swords(any of the mages in the entire series)
-A ****ing scythe(Surtr)
-Reinhardt(Reinhardt)
Not invested in the "moar FE characters VS less FE characters" argument but:

-Axe Fighters: any main character from Xenoblade 2 using a Great Axe Blade
-Spear Fighters: Mipha, Bandanna Dee, Galacta Knight, any main character from Xenoblade 2 using a Mega Lance Blade
-Horseback Fighting: Link on Epona (we already have multiple Links so more are allowed in these theorycrafting lists), Waluigi (he could compete in Equestrian events at the Olympics)
-Flier: Link or Zelda on a Loftwing, hell even Groose
-Debuffing spells: Melia and Riki
-Full-on Archer: Another Link or Zelda, Revali, Decidueye, Waluigi (he could compete in Archery at the Olympics)
-Fully magical moveset: Melia, another Zelda, or a Rod-based Link
-Scythe: Everyone already in Smash because Death's Scythe is an item.

Reinhardt isn't an FE character, he is a character from The Reinhardt series of video games.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Charlotte is my favourite Fates character (and one of my favourite FE characters, period).

This is one of my favourite pieces of Fire Emblem artwork, because it's both badass and hilarious.
I love Charlotte. I call her my third wife(cause I’m a weirdo lol)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I visited the RTC thread and submitted my thoughts for the first time.

I'm probably going to be ignoring my alert box for a little bit.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I visited the RTC thread and submitted my thoughts for the first time.

I'm probably going to be ignoring my alert box for a little bit.
Actually that's one of the most chill and rational posts there.

Extra points for the legs.

KMDP

Smash Legend
...Just realised.

In just 24 hours, I'll be able to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

"I don't need it..."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Felt like testing out an avatar of best robot couple. Might keep this for at least a few days if not longer.

There's Christmas lights in this image, so I still consider it seasonal. :V

D

Deleted member

Not invested in the "moar FE characters VS less FE characters" argument but:

-Axe Fighters: any main character from Xenoblade 2 using a Great Axe Blade
-Spear Fighters: Mipha, Bandanna Dee, Galacta Knight, any main character from Xenoblade 2 using a Mega Lance Blade
-Horseback Fighting: Link on Epona (we already have multiple Links so more are allowed in these theorycrafting lists), Waluigi (he could compete in Equestrian events at the Olympics)
-Flier: Link or Zelda on a Loftwing, hell even Groose
-Debuffing spells: Melia and Riki
-Full-on Archer: Another Link or Zelda, Revali, Decidueye, Waluigi (he could compete in Archery at the Olympics)
-Fully magical moveset: Melia, another Zelda, or a Rod-based Link

Reinhardt isn't an FE character, he is a character from The Reinhardt series of video games.
I didn't mean to say there AREN'T other characters who can't do that but there certainly aren't any in Smash right now and the characters that could do these things are few(I mean, just look at how many times you mentioned Link)

Also
It's not the ****ing same and if you're gonna use that argument I can literally apply every single Smash item to a currently existing fighter

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
FE being overrepped is partly its own fault. Many of the important characters are swordfighters, leading to easy echo/clone potential. If the lords used different weapons, there'd be less of them on the roster.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not actually gonna post this in the RTC thread because that thread is way more complicated than it needs to be honestly, but in regards to Celica:

Chance: 50%

Any other answer is objectively incorrect. EVERY character has a 50% chance. We know that Nintendo is choosing the characters. That means Nintendo chose them or they didn't, there is no in between. We are also in the dark about how Nintendo is choosing characters, so realistically, there's only a 50% chance, no data we can use to speculate the chances in any other direction. It's a complete coin flip. Any other numbers are arbitrary and pointless and are fake hype tools.

Want: "Meh"%

Placing a number on my want is arbitrary, like attaching scores to a review. I'll be frank - Celica was my second least favourite character in all of the FE games I played so far (which isn't much in terms of games but it is a lot in terms of raw characters), at least when I played her game. I really, really thought she was poorly handled (no don't link me to the Ghast video - I've seen it and he did make some good points, but it ultimately didn't change how I felt about the character), and even in Act 2 of SoV, before any of the real problematic stuff with her character happened, I thought she was a bland and generic character. I was excited for her pre-release especially since I thought her design was pretty cool but ultimatey I really disliked her for a while.

I have since mellowed out on the character, I can give her a bit more credit now, but at the end of the day there are still a lot of issues I have with her character and I still think she's kinda boring otherwise, so you won't find me passionately rallying for her to be in Smash, nor would I be hyped to see her in the game. While she has more potential to be decently unique compared to other popular FE candidates (though we live in the age of Pirahna Plant so really moveset potential holds less weight), this roster is already gonna be 80 characters strong so in that context I feel like she'll still be less unique than most other characters already in the game. Combined with the fact I am fairly indifferent to the character in general, I legit would probably use her once for Classic Mode or whatever and never touch her again unless I got her in random.

If I wanted an FE SoV rep...I'd straight up prefer Alm. He's a way better character IMO. But then the problem is that he only has a Sword and Bow. So people would get mad at including him.

Aaaaaaaaand that is the honest issue with FE. Most of the main characters and popular characters are sword users. And the few who aren't just aren't as heavily rooted for in terms of Smash, for...some reason. I'd be fine with any of those guys easy, but honestly, Veronica is the only "candidate" I can passionately get behind as I enjoy her as a character and her moveset potential is unrivaled in Fire Emblem - she can literally just summon other characters for most of her moves, and just leverage their moveset potential, lol.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I’ll accept another Fire Emblem character if they’re a horseback rider.

Like, the horse is the one doing all the jumps and dodges.
THANK YOU

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR SO LONG

NO ONE LISTENS TO ME ASDFGHJKL

We've already got a massive amount of FE but if a mounted unit got in actually as a mounted unit I literally couldn't be annoyed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
god I hate the extremist mentality of today's society

Whatever happened to "this thing isn't the best thing ever but I still enjoyed my time with it" and "This thing is really great but it has some things that bother me that they should iron out"?

It's either "THIS THING IS A MASTERPIECE 10/10 HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIP" or "THIS THING IS TERRIBLE AND MAKES ME SO MAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE", and if you say anything other than that then too bad you'll be lumped into one of those camps anyway sorry I don't make the rules.

D

Deleted member

Whatever happened to "this thing isn't the best thing ever but I still enjoyed my time with it" and "This thing is really great but it has some things that bother me that they should iron out"?

It's either "THIS THING IS A MASTERPIECE 10/10 HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIP" or "THIS THING IS TERRIBLE AND MAKES ME SO MAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE", and if you say anything other than that then too bad you'll be lumped into one of those camps anyway sorry I don't make the rules.
Is that really something exclusive to today's society or is it just highlighted through today's platforms? Because I totally recall that mentality as far back as I can remember.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
♪ IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! ♪

KMDP

Smash Legend

Relevant video.

If you say everything is the "best thing ever", then that diminishes the value of the next time you make that statement.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is that really something exclusive to today's society or is it just highlighted through today's platforms? Because I totally recall that mentality as far back as I can remember.
I've been posting prominently on forums and social media for ten years now (mostly the former) and it has definitely only been something I've prominently noticed in the last couple of years, at least to this extent. I never notice IRL really, I guess because people are more laid back and chill when talking about stuff IRL, because nobody can project anger that isn't there or whatever.

But yeah "hype culture" and general extremism (honestly this can apply to anything) just seems to get more pronounced as the years go on I feel. Not saying that's how it actually objectively is but it's been my experience.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On the contrary, those look like particularly soulful eyes.

She's staring at you with care and concern.

Like a Latino guy with a ponytail, who knows how to say all the right things, and maybe play some guitar.
That's enough Sonic Shorts for today, Chiko. :ultsonic:

Hell I don't know.

The people with a stick jammed up where the sun don't shine annoy me a hell of a lot more because negativity is more common and more exhausting to look at, but I mean

When I SUPER like a game, I actively start thinking of ways to make it even better. My not being able to think of flaws in a game is more a sign of apathy than anything. Like, I'm a lot easier to please than most people that take a critical eye and I won't generally actively complain because it's not for me, but I can still think of things. I don't like the single player in Splatoon games that much, I don't like hookshots as a video game mechanic in general, I don't like bosses that are only vulnerable during specific attack pattern cooldowns and are otherwise invincible, I don't like waist high fence type boundaries. Not being able to think of ANYTHING I wouldn't change or streamline just seems. . .hollow.

Chrono.

OH!

A Smash themed Splatfest is coming next weekend too!
Can't wait to hear what Pearl & Marina have to say
Guess Heroes vs Villains was a theme after all.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think you vastly underestimate Sakurai's ability to make a creative and appealing moveset. :ultpiranha:
Not exactly. Where Piranha Plants uniqueness comes from is how different he is from other fighters in concept.

But my point wasn't that I don't think Sakurai couldn't make an axe or lance fighter unique, just that there's nothing about axes or lances that especially stands out about them compared to most other potential fighters. I'm not using the "no moveset potential" argument bevause that would be silly, it's moreso that I just don't think "this character would be so unique because they have a different type of pointy stick" is a really strong argument here either.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's enough Sonic Shorts for today, Chiko. :ultsonic:

Hell I don't know.

The people with a stick jammed up where the sun don't shine annoy me a hell of a lot more because negativity is more common and more exhausting to look at, but I mean

When I SUPER like a game, I actively start thinking of ways to make it even better. My not being able to think of flaws in a game is more a sign of apathy than anything. Like, I'm a lot easier to please than most people that take a critical eye and I won't generally actively complain because it's not for me, but I can still think of things. I don't like the single player in Splatoon games that much, I don't like hookshots as a video game mechanic in general, I don't like bosses that are only vulnerable during specific attack pattern cooldowns and are otherwise invincible, I don't like waist high fence type boundaries. Not being able to think of ANYTHING I wouldn't change or streamline just seems. . .hollow.
On the internet, people feel the need to inflate their reactions to things, believing that anything less would seem too neutral.

Naturally, this becomes problematic when their thoughts start becoming increasingly binary in other things.
---
In other news, I just doubled my laptop's RAM, from 6 GB to 12.

Jesus Christ, my laptop is faster.

Didn't fix the problem I was trying to fix, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
OH!

I’m surprised Pearl is team heroes lol

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
OH!

Obviously Pearl is on the Hero side and Marina us on the Villain side. I don't think most Splatoon fans will accept this, but I will lol.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not exactly. Where Piranha Plants uniqueness comes from is how different he is from other fighters in concept.

But my point wasn't that I don't think Sakurai couldn't make an axe or lance fighter unique, just that there's nothing about axes or lances that especially stands out about them compared to most other potential fighters. I'm not using the "no moveset potential" argument bevause that would be silly, it's moreso that I just don't think "this character would be so unique because they have a different type of pointy stick" is a really strong argument here either.
Axes aren't really "pointy", though. You can't stab somebody with an axe. They're certainly sharp and broad enough for slashing and chopping, though... Likewise, it bugs me whenever games depict lance or spear-wielding characters attacking by swinging their lance in a slashing motion. Lances and spears do not work that way; they don't have a blade, they have a point, and they're only properly suited for stabbing. I imagine that part of the reason why swords have historically been more popular than axes and lances is that swords can stab and slash, allowing for swords to have a greater degree of flexibility and not being subject to the downsides of being restricted to one or the other.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
negativity is more common
See, I see forced positivity far more frequently.

Like people take criticism of a thing they like as a personal attack and often fail to realise that most genuine criticism exists because we want the thing to be better, or at least the next installment to be better (depends on whether or not we are talking about video games which can sometimes just be fixed in a patch, or other forms of media which can't and you can only hope future installments or products from that studio improve).

It doesn't help that companies often embrace this hype culture, especially by utilising stuff like YouTube influencers giving them a stronger tool to hype something up as people are actually attached to influencers, more so than they would ever be to a reviewer for a company. Those didn't exist in the same capacity years ago.

Admittedly though, it probably was a negative example that spurred me to make my post in this case.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH!

Why is dedede here. He’s more a hero now then villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom