• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe I haven't said this before, probably because it's almost impossible to accurately express how I feel, but I ****ing love all of you guys. I don't even know how to add onto that, like I said earlier, it's hard to accurately express. It's amazing how kind and accepting you guys have been, it's practically unbelievable. This community means so much to me, and for all the things you've done to help me in my times of trouble, I've never actually said thank you. So I'll say it.

Thank you for being there for me. Thank you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Battlefront II is the worst?...I can't tell if that's sarcasm or if you just randomly hate BF2. It may have significant flaws and it's an overall mediocre game (thanks for nothing EA), but at least it's playable. Big Rigs isn't playable, in comparison. Big Rigs can barely function because of it's broken physics and extremely wonky controls. BF2 is at least functional, as mediocre as it is.
I basically dislike EA games in general.
And please, just because it's functional doesn't mean it is fun. Battlefront II basically is a pay to win game and sparked the Loot box and microtransactions controversy.

Big Rigs, I agree it is bad. But to be fair it was from a small company and the game was so bad that it was good, this both sarcasm and serious... Truck that can drive everywhere and speed up when drive backward was actually pretty hilarious.
The game isn't even contention as the "worst game ever" because of how multiplayer functions well at least, and overall there's plenty of games that function much worse, microtransactions aside. Disappointing, yes...but not the worst game ever.
I somewhat with you there, but let us face it. EA is the worst video game company ever. I am pretty sure most people can agreed with that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
BD86516F-DF60-4E7C-9FE9-23D02351239A.jpeg
TIL that the English VA of Laegjarn sung the English version of Lifelight, and is also the English VA of Maya Fey in Spirit of Justice, and the English VA of Julieta in Iron-Blooded Orphans.

I had my suspicion about that last one but I never would have guessed the other two.

Songstress Laegjarn alt when IS?
Wozers like the Bowsers
9E8324DC-87AB-4F24-8E00-AF5B0EE2F7DB.gif

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, I completed the Kanto dex in Let's Go Eevee btw. Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp and Golem all would have been a pain but my mom had a lot of spare from Pokemon Go raids and wanted a mystery box so....

My next goal is to go get the master trainer titles for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. Gotta go all in if I want to main them in Ultimate!

...I never thought I'd see the day were my mom of all people was helping me with pokedex completion. What kind of weird, twisted timeline is this?

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, I completed the Kanto dex in Let's Go Eevee btw. Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp and Golem all would have been a pain but my mom had a lot of spare from Pokemon Go raids and wanted a mystery box so....

My next goal is to go get the master trainer titles for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. Gotta go all in if I want to main them in Ultimate!

...I never thought I'd see the day were my mom of all people was helping me with pokedex completion. What kind of weird, twisted timeline is this?
Cool story bro

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I'm serious on this one, too.

Because if there's nothing on them beyond being Classic mode indicators on the Ultimate mural and for Smash 4's Intensity slider it's just kind of popped into my head for them to be like

Tension eating Gremlins.

That they're all these vantablack looking critters that grow bigger and more aggressive by feeding on frustration, worry, anxiety, and anticipation, but NOT emotions like outright sadness, anger, and fear. It's the feeling of uncertainty they're fishing for, not the negativity. But places with a lot of negativity will also often have a lot of tension, so the more stressful a place is the more likely one or more of them lives there.

If someone gets really stressed playing video games or watching sports for example a little one might move into their house and start doing things like stealing socks out of the dryer and moving the TV remote in order to create more tension for itself to feed off of. If it was found it would probably still be pretty friendly despite that though. But under a particularly badly managed office building in a major city there might be an absolutely huge one in the subbasement soaking in all the tension from the upper floors that would outright attack anyone that entered it's floor if anyone went to check things out.

Smash Bros characters have to clear them out of places sometimes because they have a tendency to cause a bit too much chaos in the spots they make their homes and playing hero is the job description of most of the roster. And in turn the critters tend to infest places where Smash Bros characters live more often than most because of the sheer amount of clashing personalities and heavy tension that goes down around them on a regular basis.

IDK it was just a random idea I thought was interesting that popped into my head.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh no, I didn't mean it like that! I was just trying to revive the thread, honestly. I'm awfully sorry.
...Yeah, I've just got really bad social anxiety, and I mean I sometimes struggle to even talk bad. The anonymity of the internet normally protects me from it for the most part, but sometimes I still get overly sensitive or too easily embarrassed.

It's just that I've only ever seen "cool story bro" used in a sarcastic way of saying "nobody cares" and then I started overthinking it. Now I'm thinking about how I'm embarrassed that I still live with my mom even though I already have plans to move out, but I digress.

For the record, it's not that I can't take any teasing or banter, it's just that I have to know it's actually intended that way and it can be hard for me to tell sometimes.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
...Yeah, I've just got really bad social anxiety, and I mean I sometimes struggle to even talk bad. The anonymity of the internet normally protects me from it for the most part, but sometimes I still get overly sensitive or too easily embarrassed.

It's just that I've only ever seen "cool story bro" used in a sarcastic way of saying "nobody cares" and then I started overthinking it. Now I'm thinking about how I'm embarrassed that I still live with my mom even though I already have plans to move out, but I digress.

For the record, it's not that I can't take any teasing or banter, it's just that I have to know it's actually intended that way and it can be hard for me to tell sometimes.
yah man i totally get it. it really sucks. im like that sometimes ngl. unless im with andrew or flirting im a big blithering and stuttering mess because im too afraid of accidentally making someone mad so my words get all slurred. i feel you fam

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
If someone gets really stressed playing video games or watching sports for example a little one might move into their house
Yeesh, I hope not.

If I ever decided to open my attic, it'd be like:

giphy (14).gif

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I really hope it’s the cool boss that I’m working with. I literally can’t work with the other. I can’t do anything right in his eyes.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad I don't have to work retail yet, trying to put my effort into college so I can have a career in paleontology.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I basically dislike EA games in general.
And please, just because it's functional doesn't mean it is fun. Battlefront II basically is a pay to win game and sparked the Loot box and microtransactions controversy.

Big Rigs, I agree it is bad. But to be fair it was from a small company and the game was so bad that it was good, this both sarcasm and serious... Truck that can drive everywhere and speed up when drive backward was actually pretty hilarious.

I somewhat with you there, but let us face it. EA is the worst video game company ever. I am pretty sure most people can agreed with that.
Function =/= fun, yes
EA is the worst, yes. But we are discussing worst games, not worst companies.
I dont have any thoughts left on it, in any event.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Cause somebody got

View attachment 181038

B O T H E R E D
Not somebody... is one political party is bothered lol.
Yeah Battlefront 2 actually functions, it still has the stain of what EA tried with the lootboxes and very much favours those who play it far more frequently (Seriously, **** those Star Cards, the only advantage to someone who's played the game loads versus someone who hasn't played as much should be in skill level and knowledge) and it's a grind to unlock heroes still but at least you can actually play it.

It's 35,000 credits to unlock a hero. Matches don't give you much at all and single player gives you a decent bit, you need to rely on challenges which also only give 500 credits at most.

It's alright if you get it on a good deal, £13 on Black Friday was an excellent price.
where the **** are Anakin, Dooku, Ahsoka and the 501st
Nah, I personally won't buy EA games even if they are cheap, especially BF2, but that's just me.
So Spawn Wave isn't an insider.

Glad we stopped paying attention to him.
Not sure what you you trying to say but, Spawn wave is a very good gaming news channel I highly recommend subscribing to this channel.
Function =/= fun, yes
EA is the worst, yes. But we are discussing worst games, not worst companies.
I dont have any thoughts left on it, in any event.
To be fair, just exactly which is the "worse game ever" is somewhat subjective, even the worse game ever in certain gen can be subjective as well.

BF2, as a game that's huge budget and from a huge but infamous company, it is pretty bad, and for me personally it is the worst. I really hope other studios can make a Starwars Battlfront game and not EA in the future.

Also, nice avatar praline praline , although I know Lucina way more earlier than Morag, I am curious to know if there are anything similar to them...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I love how mods shtright up ignore a post about someone saying someone should die and didnt say a word. Nice. not really
I've been very busy and I do my best to check everything, but sometimes I miss things.

What you COULD do is instead of being snarky about it, you could report the post and I can then look into it. We clear?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've been very busy and I do my best to check everything, but sometimes I miss things.

What you COULD do is instead of being snarky about it, you could report the post and I can then look into it. We clear?
I just woke up so yeah, sorry for being an ass

i understand sir

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
thought so lmao
Yeah my one boss is a **** and It's pretty much impossible to do the job he expects. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get another suspension soon.

Not somebody... is one political party is bothered lol.

Nah, I personally won't buy EA games even if they are cheap, especially BF2, but that's just me.

Not sure what you you trying to say but, Spawn wave is a very good gaming news channel I highly recommend subscribing to this channel.

To be fair, just exactly which is the "worse game ever" is somewhat subjective, even the worse game ever in certain gen can be subjective as well.

BF2, as a game that's huge budget and from a huge but infamous company, it is pretty bad, and for me personally it is the worst. I really hope other studios can make a Starwars Battlfront game and not EA in the future.

Also, nice avatar praline praline , although I know Lucina way more earlier than Morag, I am curious to know if there are anything similar to them...
Oh my avatar is based off a spirit battle in world of light. Morag possesses Lucina and Palutena takes the role of Brighid.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
random question. Wouldnt calling a game a spin off publicly then reversing after the game has been out and saying its a core game be counted as lying??
Depends on how strongly/confidently they were on the original statement (spinoff) before retracting.

If you're referring to Let's Go specifically, yes that could technically count as lying.
However, I don't think it's completely wrong; Let's Go is more along the style of a mainline game than a spinoff.
A reimagining/different take on the Pokemon formula would be the most accurate description.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
random question. Wouldnt calling a game a spin off publicly then reversing after the game has been out and saying its a core game be counted as lying??
I'd say it depends on what is a spin-off in the franchise.
In Mario you cant retroactively make Mario Kart 8 a core game, as it lacks the main gameplay element of the franchise.
But if you make a game that still follows the normal gameplay structure and call it a spin-off then change it to main line I guess it would be lying.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Depends on how strongly/confidently they were on the original statement (spinoff) before retracting.

If you're referring to Let's Go specifically, yes that could technically count as lying.
However, I don't think it's completely wrong; Let's Go is more along the style of a mainline game than a spinoff.
A reimagining/different take on the Pokemon formula would be the most accurate description.
I'd say it depends on what is a spin-off in the franchise.
In Mario you cant retroactively make Mario Kart 8 a core game, as it lacks the main gameplay element of the franchise.
But if you make a game that still follows the normal gameplay structure and call it a spin-off then change it to main line I guess it would be lying.
I know No Mans Sky got in trouble for showing things that werent in the game originaly and Bethesdas recent train crash over the bag. Hope nothing like that catches up with Nintendo

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh my avatar is based off a spirit battle in world of light. Morag possesses Lucina and Palutena takes the role of Brighid.
Oh yeah... I already know that lol, because I remember I used to share the pic here not too long ago.
What I was saying was I couldn't remember much of what Lucina and Morag has in common besides of they are both from a royal family.

You also have fanarts of female Corrin as Mythra popping up recently, so that's interesting as well.

And this, this is good,
Amalee doesn't just do anime music or JRPG music, this one in my opinion is somewhat more better than the original version.

Now I recently saw Sony's reason why they censor stuff on anime and Mature rated games... and while yeah, it's pretty dumb imo.

This also reminds me of my experience in a gamestore early last year though.
I was in a gamestore looking at Nintendo Switch accessories and games. I saw a lady and his son (About 12-13 years old I guess) was buying a PS4 bundled with Nier: Automata. The lady was concerned on the game because it was rated 18+... And this may surprise you guys or maybe not... but... the gamestore clerk told them how the game was (Sort of), he explains the game is really nothing but just slashing robots and stuff and there's not much gory stuff (Which he isn't wrong). He still warns the lady that it is her responsibility on what games his son should play or what stuff he should not look...

I have to give that lady a L and the game clerk a L and a W on this one. That lady SHOULDN'T even buy that PS4 bundle in the first place if she really concerns the game her son is playing... and yeah maybe her son really wants to play Nier: Automata (His age aside, he does have a good taste on games tbh) but if I were that boy's guardian I wouldn't let him buy Nier:Automata, nor PS4, but just a Nintendo Switch and a copy of Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild..

As for that clerk, I get that he is doing business, but he really should have recommend the lady NOT buying that PS4 bundle but rather other kinds of PS4 bundle instead. But he did gave a good advice though, even though he shouldn't even sell a Mature rated game to a kid in the first place.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
damn. I hope my GF doesnt get Smash because I wanna save my money for another game. Imma be mad if I buy smash, then there is an Animal Crossing Direct and the date for that is close but I have no money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom