• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Humanized Marina and Pearl... eating Takoyaki and BBQ Squid?

Pearl still looks adorable, and I can imagine she's 21 years old like this. There are many females in Taiwan and Japan being short and look young. And naw you rarely see any females like Marina who is only 18 years old... unless you are in the west. So... I guess Squid somewhat represents Asians more and Octolings are more representing western people? [Insert thinking emoji here]
Never would’ve thought about that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lol did it get Spam Cleaned? That's hilarious.

Anywho, I'm finally starting to stockpile some more orbs in Heroes again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There’s the woman aswell to match with the man (not talking about Becky Lynch)

But did you get the female one?
Legendary banners that don't have someone I'm specifically pulling for are generally "do the free pull and get out" banners for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Legendary banners that don't have someone I'm specifically pulling for are generally "do the free pull and get out" banners for me.
That’s both noble and smart of you...while I am easily addicted to the people I need/want

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I haven't spent orbs for months now. Currently sitting at a little over 1000 saved up for the unit I want.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That’s both noble and smart of you...while I am easily addicted to the people I need/want
My general pattern is to save up and then dump a bunch of orbs when specific characters are on a banner, which has...mostly served me well. Just not when I went for those Saber merges recently, lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My general pattern is to save up and then dump a bunch of orbs when specific characters are on a banner, which has...mostly served me well. Just not when I went for those Saber merges recently, lol.
I tried doing that...instead of victory they gave me duplicates and worthless 3 stars

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New monthly quests started today in Fire Emblem Heroes, and with that, it means a time to replenish free orbs.

After doing all the new monthly quests that give free orbs, I went sniping for more red orbs in the hopes of pulling best Heroes boy. And what you know it:

I FINALLY PULLED HRID!!!

His nature ended up being +Res -HP though. Not a bad nature by any means, but HP is one of his superbness alongside Speed and Res. On the other hand, with that boosted Res, he will slightly tank better against mages compared to one with a neutral bane.

Still, I'm thinking about using him for now in spite of his so-so nature. My current plan is to give him Attack Smoke 3 and the HP +5 seal to get around his HP bane and still maintain his physical tankiness, though I also heard the Heavy Blade seal is better suited for him. Not sure what to go with right now.

I also pulled this:

My first Legendary Lucina! She has a completely neutral nature.

Not sure if I want to use her though. On the one hand, her nature is passable. On the other hand, I have no plans on using her, and Swift Sparrow is a really valuable skill to pass on, so... decisions decisions.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
New monthly quests started today in Fire Emblem Heroes, and with that, it means a time to replenish free orbs.

After doing all the new monthly quests that give free orbs, I went sniping for more red orbs in the hopes of pulling best Heroes boy. And what you know it:

I FINALLY PULLED HRID!!!

His nature ended up being +Res -HP though. Not a bad nature by any means, but HP is one of his superbness alongside Speed and Res. On the other hand, with that boosted Res, he will slightly tank better against mages compared to one with a neutral bane.

Still, I'm thinking about using him for now in spite of his so-so nature. My current plan is to give him Attack Smoke 3 and the HP +5 seal to get around his HP bane and still maintain his physical tankiness, though I also heard the Heavy Blade seal is better suited for him. Not sure what to go with right now.

I also pulled this:

My first Legendary Lucina! She has a completely neutral nature.

Not sure if I want to use her though. On the one hand, her nature is passable. On the other hand, I have no plans on using her, and Swift Sparrow is a really valuable skill to pass on, so... decisions decisions.
I wouldn't fodder L!Lucina if that was my only copy of her. Aside from just being a Legendary Hero, she'll be amazing for modes like Aether Raids, both in offense and defense.

I'd keep her around. I think she'll be more useful as a unit than fodder.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't spent Orbs because I haven't played FE Heroes in two weeks.

Why pull for dragons in FE Heroes when I can play Spyro and go on a quest to find the 80 Dragon Dads?

I also got Sunset Overdrive and that's one of the most fun games I've played in ages.

I also did a mock Birthright playthrough in Citra recently so I was getting my FE fix that way.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Here's my Male Grima for the Grima Robin topic.

I recently upgraded the Heavy Blade Seal to 3 a couple of days ago don't @ me.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
View attachment 180895 Grima Robin?

That's a great idea. Let's show off some Grima Robins.

Here's mine:

View attachment 180898

View attachment 180899

With a couple spare since I'm still pondering merges:

View attachment 180900

This seriously gives me the warm and fuzzies.

View attachment 180897
Oh wow, our M!Grima's have the same number of merges.

And you've got me beat when it comes to F!Grima... Ah well. I'll catch up in time. ;)

Have to ask though, why are you hesitating merging F!Grima?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
At this point male Grima is going to be fodder for Sheena. It's either him or W!Tharja, and she's coming up soon so it's time for me to begin saving again. I'm beginning to invest for high end arena, and my builds are mostly done (I've been lucky to pull Ylgr for Spd Tactic and Hrid for Distant Counter). I just need merges and optimal IVs at this point.
Eirika (+Atk/-HP)
W: Siegline (+Eff)
S: Rally Def Res/Reposition (Any Rally+ Skill)
Sp: Aether
A: Distant Counter
B: Special Spiral 3/Renewal 3
C: Spd Tactic 3/Atk Tactic 3
S: Flashing Blade 3/Atk Tactic 3 (if/when the seal releases)

Clair (+Spd/-HP) *I might do +Atk/-HP since that's a superboon for her)
W: Rhomphaia (+Eff)
S: Reposition
B: Chill Def 3
C: Res Tactic 3
S: Def Tactic 3/Guidance 3

Sheena (+Res/-Spd)
W: Slaying Axe+ (+Res)
S: Swap
B: Vengeful Fighter/Wary Fighter
C: Atk Ploy 3/Atk Smoke 3
S: Def Ploy 3/Spd Smoke 3

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh yeah, Freedom Planet is out on Switch and it's on sale for the first couple of weeks. It also has a free demo.

I still feel this game isn't all that fun but that's a good price for it.

I'm getting the 2nd game though what I played of the demo shows a lot of promise.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh wow, our M!Grima's have the same number of merges.
I know, cause I had to bust ass catching up to you. :awesome:

And you've got me beat when it comes to F!Grima... Ah well. I'll catch up in time. ;)
Catching up ain't the end, my friend, and I believe in both our capabilities.

I look forward to our respective +10 reveals.

Have to ask though, why are you hesitating merging F!Grima?
Weighing build options mostly.

Main F!Grima is +Atk / -HP, which I feel like suits her pretty well. The other two are +Spd / -HP and +Res / -HP respectively. Don't think I'll ever use the +Spd one, but the +Res could lend itself to a tankier build augmented by Dragon Squad's pile of defensive buffs.

She's basically team taxi, flitting about with Guidance and occasionally sniping down a target in Player Phase. Question is, and has been for awhile, whether the extra defensive boost would be worth the Atk hit, especially since my buffs don't augment offensively. I've gone back and forth on it a lot. As long as there's a chance I might merge the other way though, I can't really dump em off.

The other other reason is because F!Grima drew the short straw with Dragon Squad and is basically the rotating slot, making the deliberation mostly a non-issue of late. A!Tiki+10, Nowi+10, and M!Grima all take precedence, so when I gotta swap out for arena bonuses or the like, F!Grima's the one benched. Since I haven't had to confront optimizing her recently, the decision's been shelved, and so have the merges.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright I see this thread as gone into another FE Heroes fest so let me enter with my Kirby Star Allies shenanigans if you may be.

So, I finished the new mode today, and let me tell ya, I died alot, mostly because I failed alot of puzzle and I had to kill myself to retry them, but also because I am a idiot who sometime died like a actual schmuck. (like lauching yourself toward blocks that supported a bigger block that end up falling and kill you in the process. Or getting crush because you didn't realize the platform that was above you was solid, etc..), brief, my brain is still as a big as I remembered, but I still got 109 hearts, so I'm happy.

The final boss tho, wow, I won't get into spoilers here, but let's just say that I must be extremely lucky because I beat it on my second try, where everyone was almost dead, Marx was dead so only Adeleine, Bomber (I can't remember his name, soorry bomb dude) & I had to care of it, I lost my rock ability so I had to survive by blocking & dodging like crazy, while ressurecting my two allies in the little time it was possible AND dealing damages with the boss stars, which was easier said than done because the final boss of this mode is actually really freakin' hard, due to the fact it does like 15 attacks at once, so again, I felt like my second try success was kinda of a miracle tbh hahaha.

But yeah, outside of that mess, that was a really fun mode, you should check it otu if you have the chance, it really fix the problem of Star Allies beign too easy, trust me, some of those puzzles are going to make you sweat.

Brief, I hope you like this post, me, I'm gonig to dinner, see ya.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I know, cause I had to bust *** catching up to you. :awesome:

Catching up ain't the end, my friend, and I believe in both our capabilities.

I look forward to our respective +10 reveals.

Weighing build options mostly.

Main F!Grima is +Atk / -HP, which I feel like suits her pretty well. The other two are +Spd / -HP and +Res / -HP respectively. Don't think I'll ever use the +Spd one, but the +Res could lend itself to a tankier build augmented by Dragon Squad's pile of defensive buffs.

She's basically team taxi, flitting about with Guidance and occasionally sniping down a target in Player Phase. Question is, and has been for awhile, whether the extra defensive boost would be worth the Atk hit, especially since my buffs don't augment offensively. I've gone back and forth on it a lot. As long as there's a chance I might merge the other way though, I can't really dump em off.

The other other reason is because F!Grima drew the short straw with Dragon Squad and is basically the rotating slot, making the deliberation mostly a non-issue of late. A!Tiki+10, Nowi+10, and M!Grima all take precedence, so when I gotta swap out for arena bonuses or the like, F!Grima's the one benched. Since I haven't had to confront optimizing her recently, the decision's been shelved, and so have the merges.
Well, I can understand that. I've got a lot of units I've been holding off doing anything with fodder-wise because I'm just not 100% sure what would be best.

Ironically I took the opposite approach to Grima's IVs than you. My first F!Grima was +Atk/-Spd. Three Grimas later, and I swapped that out for +Spd/-Atk.
Really eager to get more merges and hopefully better IVs on her, but right now my dragons have to be put on hold for something with greater priority.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your dragons. You've got some really cool stuff to work on, I'm sure. :bee:

Chrono.

Can't wait for the day the Kirby devs come out and say they're just winging this ****.

DtWCq9CXoAAcwfj.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't wait for the day the Kirby devs come out and say they're just winging this ****.
Huh, I like this image bro, but maybe you should spoiler tag it? The updates just came out yesterday after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom