• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We've got a little over a week until Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out! How are you all going to pass the time?

Aside from work, I'm hoping to play some Okami (I played a bit of it on the Wii, but I'm only three hours into the Switch version and I'm further in that than I've ever been) and catch up on Hunter x Hunter (there's a few episodes that I missed in the dub, and I'm early on in the Chimera Ant arc for the subbed version).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We've got a little over a week until Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out! How are you all going to pass the time?
easy...watch WWE, play my Switch, do school work before finals strike...and cry everyday I don’t have the game

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ignore IGN's poor translation of pronouns
Ah, I see. It’s weird because every other source I could find lists Ed as a girl. So it’s hard for me to know if that’s just poor translation or the creator pulling a JK Rolling. It’s pretty hard to tell with this translation, given that he says doesn’t sound like what a progressive who speaks English would say.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Aside from work, I'm hoping to play some Okami (I played a bit of it on the Wii, but I'm only three hours into the Switch version and I'm further in that than I've ever been) and catch up on Hunter x Hunter (there's a few episodes that I missed in the dub, and I'm early on in the Chimera Ant arc for the subbed version).
'going to play the new modes & characters that will be added in Kirby Star Allies next updates, which is tomorrow. If I finish it too early, then I see what I can do.

Also, dang, Chrom is looking better than I expected. His recovery may be trash (tho in a game where almost every recovery were nerfed to a extend, does that mean much?), but the rest of his moveset seem really good.

'can't wait to try Opo favourite Marth.:yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Ah, I see. It’s weird because every other source I could find lists Ed as a girl. So it’s hard for me to know if that’s just poor translation or the creator pulling a JK Rolling. It’s pretty hard to tell with this translation, given that he says doesn’t sound like what a progressive who speaks English would say.
If it was a JK moment, I feel he'd have worded differently, the way he says it feels natural and about the creation thought process. But considering IGN already ****ed up the pronouns, I think it's hard to say it basing on the translation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
what do you mean pulling a JK rolling?
That's literally not how it works.
I mean, Yeah, Ill call them they to if you want me to but personaly, I call them a girl

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it was a JK moment, I feel he'd have worded differently, the way he says it feels natural and about the creation thought process. But considering IGN already ****ed up the pronouns, I think it's hard to say it basing on the translation.
Exactly. That’s what I’m getting at. Normally it wouldn’t be a good thing for a non-binary character to be called “it” and non-human.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. That’s what I’m getting at. Normally it wouldn’t be a good thing for a non-binary character to be called “it” and non-human.
The "it" I'm thinking is most likely an IGN translation thing but the rest, uhm, yeah.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
what do you mean pulling a JK rolling?
After the Harry Potter novels were finished, J.K. Rowling said in an interview that Dumbledore was gay, though there wasn't much evidence of it in the books. (his interactions with Grindelwald in backstory shown in the last book could be interpreted that way, but the series never went into his romantic life)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, to support that Ed being Enby is more natural, I remember Ed saying "Ed is Ed!" when asked who they were

D

Deleted member

Only issue I have with nonbinary pronouns is the Dutch language. Because 'she' and 'they' are literally the same word in both pronounciations and spelling here.
Portuguese has a similar issue since there are plural versions for "he" and "she" and the "gender neutral" version would just be the same as the male pronoun. It's also even more awkward since the plural version is the same but with an 's' at the end so you couldn't even use it as a singular gender neutral term if you wanted to.
Oh, to support that Ed being Enby is more natural, I remember Ed saying "Ed is Ed!" when asked who they were
Didn't Cowboy Bebop have another trans character? I think I've heard something about one. How exactly were they portrayed?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Portuguese has a similar issue since there are plural versions for "he" and "she" and the "gender neutral" version would just be the same as the male pronoun. It's also even more awkward since the plural version is the same but with an 's' at the end so you couldn't even use it as a singular gender neutral term if you wanted to.

Didn't Cowboy Bebop have another trans character? I think I've heard something about one. How exactly were they portrayed?
Gren? Iirc he was a man who got his hormones ****ed up by drugs

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
yeah that about sums up the Burger King working experience

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ah, I see, so I got bull****ted
Watch Dirty Pair then. I still can't believe that an 80's anime had a transwoman and the only thing that aged poorly is the term 'sex change'. Not to mention the transphobe still respected her pronouns. Joanca may be the earliest well portrayed transwoman in anime history and should get more recognition
95451b1222.jpg

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Animal Crossing & PAC-MAN join the countdown fray:

Great, now who's gonna take care of the town? Tom Nook?

Also...I know it's old news but... just this month we have Stan Lee, not too long ago now we have Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Spongebob Squarepants passed away.

Hope this pic can cheer those up who were shocked by this news, saw this fanart on Danbooru:
Patrick as Star Platinum is... AMAZING.

And more Kirby pics, recently Sakurai explained on why he made Kirby the sole survivor, and yeah...he choose Kirby base on every character's escaping potential as it seems. That being said I'm sure a lot of users here gonna deny and went more explaination on some characters are possible as well. (Like for me I do think that Rosalina & Luma could escape too.) we all know Kirby is powerful even before that so it while it makes sense but even Sakurai himself admitted that he's biased.

#@#@@# Dat white Nintendo Switch, please make it happen Nintendo.
And Kirby apparently is not feeling so good in this pic with Iris, Modka, and Oshino...

And Uraraka Kirby:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Great, now who's gonna take care of the town? Tom Nook?

Also...I know it's old news but... just this month we have Stan Lee, not too long ago now we have Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Spongebob Squarepants passed away.

Hope this pic can cheer those up who were shocked by this news, saw this fanart on Danbooru:

Patrick as Star Platinum is... AMAZING.

And more Kirby pics, recently Sakurai explained on why he made Kirby the sole survivor, and yeah...he choose Kirby base on every character's escaping potential as it seems. That being said I'm sure a lot of users here gonna deny and went more explaination on some characters are possible as well. (Like for me I do think that Rosalina & Luma could escape too.) we all know Kirby is powerful even before that so it while it makes sense but even Sakurai himself admitted that he's biased.

#@#@@# Dat white Nintendo Switch, please make it happen Nintendo.
And Kirby apparently is not feeling so good in this pic with Iris, Modka, and Oshino...

And Uraraka Kirby:
I didnt know I needed Jotaro Squarepants and Star Patrick until now. That's awesome.

D

Deleted member

Watch Dirty Pair then. I still can't believe that an 80's anime had a transwoman and the only thing that aged poorly is the term 'sex change'. Not to mention the transphobe still respected her pronouns. Joanca may be the earliest well portrayed transwoman in anime history and should get more recognition
View attachment 180564
The reason for that is simple, anime wasn't the widespread phenomenm it is today. Back then, anime was just whatever the people made it wanted to be. There weren't trends to be copied, standards to meet and regulations to worry about. People just, kinda made whatever the hell they wanted and since it was incredibly niche already, bigoted groups wouldn't bother to complain about it. "Just one more of those weird animes". It wasn't until the 90s that anime started to become more mainstream in Japan and studios wouldn't want to risk controversies that could cost them money.
It's how anime as we know today became much like Hollywood: you do it the way studios want to avoid controversy and you have to "think of the children".
Though thankfully, it seems to be slowly steering away from that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well there it is.

I guess with all the obvious hint and peoples that had already saw the movies and shared the entire plot online, it isn't as bad as it could be.

But man, why does trailers need to spoil everything now those days?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But man, why does trailer need to spoil everything now those days?
It ain't a trailer these days if it doesn't spoil anything.

People getting mad about the trailers generates discussion about it too

one of these days, someone will release the whole movie as the trailer

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
one of these days, someone will release the whole movie as the trailer
Peoples got to see the first Lego movie in it's entirety as ad before a normal video started, so I say we are already close to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom