• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I doubt anyone is getting cut in this new smash as it was clearly based off of smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Lucario and Jigglypuff are obviously gonna be cut while Mewtwo comes back
Ike gets cut too, Chrom is gonna replace him.
Ridley and K. Rool are shoe-ins.
Also, Chorus Kids are 100% in, I'll eat my own sister if they aren't added.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Oh god it’s all rushing back now

My favorite thing from Smash 4 leadup was some dude saying “if you think the Gematsu leak isn’t 100% accurate you’re completely stupid” just before the Robin reveal that contradicted it

I wonder how that guy’s doing

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*watches trailer*

Oh. My. GOSH.

It's too brief to have the YEET factor of Mega Man's trailer and too traditional to have the stylin' of Palutena's, but even at it's length it already beats out the Villager trailer for an initial swerve cinematic.

Just surged right forward from zero to ". . .Holy. CARP."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So Crash and Captain Toad were both in this direct.

Both are people I'd more than welcome to Smash Switch.

I'm just really excited okay. Guys.

I KNOW USE YOUR LOGIC.

BUT HYPE.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lucario and Jigglypuff are obviously gonna be cut while Mewtwo comes back
Ike gets cut too, Chrom is gonna replace him.
Ridley and K. Rool are shoe-ins.
Also, Chorus Kids are 100% in, I'll eat my own sister if they aren't added.
Jokes aside, I fully expect chorus kids as they seemed to have been cut from the last game due to technical issues

D

Deleted member

Dang it, I got to go. I am going to have lots of posts to catch up to....
Either way, too much hype right now! :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We got the real news of the Direct right here.
Interestingly, I did a report about Tupac last semester back in US.
And no, I wasn't the one who decided, but it was interesting so I agreed with the topic.

Chrono.

None of Smash 4's new-comers better be cut...

Especially any of the third parties. Those are the ones I'm worried about. Not so much Bayo because of Bayo 3..

But Cloud, Mega Man, and Ryu I'm really concerned about.
I have a good feeling they'll be safe.

Ryu and Mega Man at the very least should be good. Capcom and Nintendo are buddies. Bayonetta was voted in by fans and Nintendo are pushing her.

Cloud is the weird one, but I think he'll be okay too just based on the absolutely insane traction he made. But who knows. He could end up getting Snake'd.

If they're using the Smash 4 engine there's no real reason to cut anyone this time. Especially with how soon development for this started.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jokes aside, I fully expect chorus kids as they seemed to have been cut from the last game due to technical issues
Eh, we just have good reasons to believe a Rhythm Heaven character was cut or at one point intended to be in. Only data we have is a proper Smash Logo for the franchise. There's kind of no real proof beyond a somewhat credible rumor of which character it was. It could have been nearly anyone from the franchise. I do think Chorus Kids was planned, but it's too vague to say for sure at this time. Of course, it'd be neat if they got confirmed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh god it’s all rushing back now

My favorite thing from Smash 4 leadup was some dude saying “if you think the Gematsu leak isn’t 100% accurate you’re completely stupid” just before the Robin reveal that contradicted it

I wonder how that guy’s doing
This also reminded me how @ChikoLad said to me how Crash Bandicoot Insane Trilogy on Switch will not happen because it will lose its purpose for being an HD remake on Switch.. because, it will have huge downgrade in order to port it to Switch!

What a good times back then....

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So is it just me or was the giant Smash logo made of fire in the dark, cold, endlessly empty void cometh to claim another young victim into its endlessly surging hellfire a weirdly alarming pitch?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
HI GUYS I'M BACK

GEE I WONDER WHY.

No for real, guess we're back to this again!

Ivander

Smash Legend
None of Smash 4's new-comers better be cut...

Especially any of the third parties. Those are the ones I'm worried about. Not so much Bayo because of Bayo 3..

But Cloud, Mega Man, and Ryu I'm really concerned about.
Out of all the 3rd parties:
-Sonic: He is staying very most likely. For one, Sega gets alot of publicity for him being in and two, even Nintendo knows how much backlash there would be if he was cut.
-Pac-Man: I'm pretty sure he's staying if Namco is still around and helping with the game.
-Megaman: He has a game coming out and Smash Bros helps advertise him, so Capcom would be dumb to not bring him back. Also, Megaman is practically like Sonic in terms of popularity among Smash and Nintendo fans in general, being the 2nd most wanted 3rd party behind Sonic.
-Bayonetta: She has a game coming out and Nintendo is still publishing Bayonetta 3, so once again, free advertising for her and no reason for her to leave.
-Ryu: He's iffy, but I don't see him leaving. He's an icon much like Sonic and Pac-Man and Capcom seems to be buddy-buddy with Nintendo, especially when it comes to Smash.
-Cloud: He's the one that's most questionable. But on the other hand, the FF7 Remake is still being made and so Cloud would help advertise the remake. Also, Cloud easily got the Biggest reception out of the 3rd Party characters for Smash Bros 4, capable of rivalling that of Snake's and Sonic's receptions, so Nintendo knows very well how much of a fan favourite he is. Ultimately, whether he returns or not is most likely up to Square and Sakurai.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If this game is coming out this year what makes you think it'll be a new game?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, we just have good reasons to believe a Rhythm Heaven character was cut or at one point intended to be in. Only data we have is a proper Smash Logo for the franchise. There's kind of no real proof beyond a somewhat credible rumor of which character it was. It could have been nearly anyone from the franchise. I do think Chorus Kids was planned, but it's too vague to say for sure at this time. Of course, it'd be neat if they got confirmed.
thats a fair point. I do think someone from the franchise could certainly be added though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man, you know what would be great?

If Nintendo would just SAY if this is a port or not. Would save us months upon months of a LOT of arguments until we see more of the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The 3rd Parties are staying because they all like money. Snake was cut because, as we've clearly seen with Konami in recent years, they hate money.

Also, obligatory meme post
6a1c15d4-495b-4450-9a99-43181afeeb33.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

If Nintendo would just SAY if this is a port or not. Would save us months upon months of a LOT of arguments until we see more of the game.
On the other hand, what better way to get people hyped than a vague but clear fact the game exists? This will get the most amount of talk overall about their product. Business ain't perfect, but it does have logic here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The same way splatoon 2 came out way to soon after getting the first one and was advertised as a sequel.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know I should be watching the Smash Trailer, but I'm not really familiar with Splatoon at all other than Marina is waifu.

But I'm still excited about Marx in Star Allies. I've watching that trailer. Seems Kirby fans are just as excited as I am for him

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .Smash 4 came out four years ago.

Perhaps more convincingly, this is the first system where there hasn't been a particularly large jump in graphics from the previous one. It'd make the process a heck of a lot smoother.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh ****!
Lmao this thing again.

Well i'll join in on the fun. If Smash is revealed I will change my avi to Corrin all the way to April 1st. That's how confident I am that Smash isn't going to be revealed here.
Well...I...uhh...I had my pinkeys crossed!

*cricket noises*

...alright...

*swallows pride*

I am a man of my word.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That moment when a Switch port of Smash unironically gets announced after people keep calling for one and expecting one over the years to no avail.

Maybe Sakurai can put in the Ice Climbers this time, like he orginally wanted.

----

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That moment when a Switch port of Smash unironically gets announced after people keep calling for one and expecting one over the years to no avail.

Maybe Sakurai can put in the Ice Climbers this time, like he orginally wanted.

----
There is no reason why the Ice Climbers can't be in this time

D

Deleted member

To me, the biggest takeaway this isn't a port is the lack of ingame footage. The only reason for them to not show it would be because the game is not ready to be shown, if this was just a port, they'd already have most of it ready.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Found this on /v/:

I don't recognize Shulk and Bowser Jr. in it and Jiggs looks more like Kirby to me, but the rest seem to be right.
Now that I think about it Shulk looks more like Fox....

And the one between Bowser Jr and "Shulk" is Palutena imo. Well that's what I thought before this image pointed out Pit. The proportions don't match so I was wrong.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Let it be known that I am a man of my word.
I know your pain very well.

April 1st can't come soon enough. Just look at how hideous I am now.
The same way splatoon 2 came out way to soon after getting the first one and was advertised as a sequel.
True true. If it borrows assets from Smash 4 then it could happen. That's the idea I pitched some time ago.
. . .Smash 4 came out four years ago.

Perhaps more convincingly, this is the first system where there hasn't been a particularly large jump in graphics from the previous one. It'd make the process a heck of a lot smoother.
Well technically like 2 years because of DLC. Then again the January 2016 tweet from Dr. Serkan Toto revealed that they were working on the new Smash game during the DLC development so who knows.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lol I just realized that they didn't show Blastoise for Pokken, despite his release being this month.

Clearly this means they transitioned the assets to Smash

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, something else I also thought of. Celica for Smash. I mean, not only is she Number 1 on CYL2, but she's the most recent addition to Fire Emblem. So who we are going to get as the next Fire Emblem character is going to be tough.
The 3rd Parties are staying because they all like money. Snake was cut because, as we've clearly seen with Konami in recent years, they hate money.
We honestly don't know that entirely. According to Kojima, Sakurai didn't come and ask him if he could bring back Snake. So ultimately, we don't know the reason why Snake was cut, although Sakurai is most likely aware of how much people want him back.
That being said, if Konami wants to slowly get back into the good books, they'd allow Snake to come back for Smash if Sakurai ever asked them. And Snake would be a nice return, even though I want Simon Belmont more.

Also, while I know everybody's rewatching the teaser for Smash Bros consistently, I've been watching the Kirby trailer consistently. Seriously, Rick, Kine and Coo coming back and Kirby being able to ride Rick? Gooey coming back? Marx being a playable Helper?

It's my childhood coming back and giving me a great big hug. The only thing that would make this absolute nostalgic perfection is if they bring T.A.C. back at some point. And maybe Adeline as a Helper as well. Oh, and considering it was possible that Magalor was going to be playable, but was cut out at some point, it'd be cool seeing him as well.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I agree,
But on the Ofiicial Smash Bros JP Twitter page, it's actually tentative title...

Regardless a port or new one, I'm fine either, I care more about the content and which new characters will they include? Will third party characters like Megaman and fricking Cloud be back?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only reason for them to not show it would be because the game is not ready to be shown, if this was just a port, they'd already have most of it ready.
Or its just designed to be a teaser.

Either or.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Until they announce a god damn 3DS version.

Please no 3DS. Just for the sake of the Climbers. Please.
*E3 arrives*

"Oh! We forgot to mention that Super Smash Bros Switch will also be released alongside a special New 3DS exclusive version.".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom