• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...

Is it some enhanced port?

Or a new game?
Lack of Bamco is a pretty strong sign that it's not a port. Much better than the Link model, I think.

The release window is a bit suspect, though. For Brawl and Sm4sh, the debut trailer was usually years before launch, not months.

Though this would be a blessing in disguise. I'd rather have a shorter, faster pre-release cycle than the long one from 4. 4's was exciting, but there was just so many periods of dead silence. Assuming it actually meets the 2018 launch and isn't delayed, we should be getting info on a much faster basis.
Due to link I’m thinking new game but new in the vein of splatoon 2, where it’s advertised as new but it’s more like a port. Add on content will probably happen too. Also welcome back burb

Great first party titles and updates and third party was on point. Really excited for splatoon and smash. Luigi mansions 3ds could b fun. I love that crash was here too. I fully believe he is coming to smash. I was going to bet smash was coming too as this direct i thought would be similar to the o e that first showcasesed the smash dlc it’s great to see old users here again tough. It’s going to be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well slap my booty and call me Sally...

I know I'm suppose to be hella excited for Inklings....but that was Breath of the Wild Link.

D

Deleted member

Either her, Veronica if looking at CYL2, or Lyn, considering how Lyn is super popular in both Fire Emblem and in Heroes, with some thanks to Brave Lyn. And we know Assist Trophies can become Playable characters. *looks at Little Mac*

Well, I tried.
Lyn is in Smash but it's her Brave version, she rides her horse and can KO players from across the stage.
Final Smash is Horse Emblem, which has her summon an army of chibi Reinhardts to strike the enemy with Dire Thunder while shouting "MAGIC IS EVERYTHING"

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So, do you expect this to be an enhanced port, or maybe a straight up Smash 5 (or 6 depending on who you ask)?

By the way they hyped it up, I think it's probably going to be a little bit more than an enhanced port. I can see them going to the Splatoon 2 route. Taking the base gameplay of Smash 4 but building new stuff on top of it.
That could be possible. If that's the case, I think it'd be neat if this Smash game would incorporate elements from Smash 3DS, particularly Smash Run.

I had a lot of fun with that mode!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry to cut the joke, but Sakurai is developing Smash for Switch. Which means it is extremely unlikely for Ridley to be added. Sorry guys. I love Sakurai as a developer though, he got this in the bag!

:joyful:
Darn and we were all completely serious before

Ivander

Smash Legend
That could be possible. If that's the case, I think it'd be neat if this Smash game would incorporate elements from Smash 3DS, particularly Smash Run.

Yes! Bring Smash Run to Switch! Smash Run with additional features and options like adding more time or choosing which Event to play at the end, like you could in Air Ride.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm bonkers excited right now. The Switch's second year is looking better an better. Let's go!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, please do not speculate on bans on other users. Again, let the Moderation handle it.

That said, let's try to keep calm as well. While obviously there's going to be replies from people who aren't excited, that's inherently fine. Just keep it civil and report any posts that are clearly breaking the rules. :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Yes! Bring back Smash Run.

While rough around the edges, Smash Run was still a lot of fun and should be a series staple.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Part of me wants to make a "Saber for Smash" thread but another part is saying "that's too much work lol"

Also, calling it now, we'll get a FEH character as a newcomer. Hopefully Fjorm because SPEARS.

No because that’s another slap in the face to bandanna dee. I need him to finally happen.
Lyn is in Smash but it's her Brave version, she rides her horse and can KO players from across the stage.
Final Smash is Horse Emblem, which has her summon an army of chibi Reinhardts to strike the enemy with Dire Thunder while shouting "MAGIC IS EVERYTHING"
just add the biggest horse emblem threats to the game as one character.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai is a really good developer, and I am sure he will make Smash for Switch a really fun game.
Smash for Switch for game of the year in 2018.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It’s unlikely but I would love if we got revamp movesets for the core if this is a new installment. A moveset based on Botw link would be lit

D

Deleted member

How can you even tell?
Take a look at the slightly blueish glow at his shoulder and the bow looks very much like a BOTW one.
Edit: Very similar hair to that of the BOTW Link and no green cap on head.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I have so many thoughts in my head right now that I can't even deal. This trailer was perfect. E3 is too far away.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
****, I just realized.

If Mega Man does return... I wonder if his model will be based on MM11 instead of the 8 bit games.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
so Smash coincides with the Undertale Switch announcement?

look IM JUST SAYING sans undertale is a lock

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Alright, time to discuss....
I.... think it is an enhanced port, but an awesome one.
Just like how we get Inkling in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

They got to include Smash Run if this is a port.

Well... "Checking my 2018 wishlist"

Perhaps I'm gonna make a new one.... and just put Smash Bros Switch

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Which would imply more than a simple port, ey?
Eh, not really.

We've seen movesets get far greater overhauls than just reversing which hand does what.

I don't think changing Link in any way automatically disqualifies the possibility of it being a port.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*Starts watching from the relevant parts of the Direct*

THEY'RE ADDING THE STAGE IDEA I HAD OH MY GOSH

D

Deleted member

JamesDNaux JamesDNaux pointed out on Discord that BotW Link is right-handed here.

View attachment 138275
This is lefty erasure
No because that’s another slap in the face to bandanna dee. I need him to finally happen.
Ok, we can add this guy then
just add the biggest horse emblem threats to the game as one character.
Lyn, Reinhardt, Sigurd and Elise all on the same horse.
Neutral Special is Mulagir, which shoots an arrow across the stage quickly. Doesn't arc. Every 3rd hit deals 50% more damage and knockback.
Side Special is Dire Thunder, a lighting strike hits the opponent no matter where they are. Pressing the B button twice will make a second, more powerful, strike.
Down Special is Mend, which heals 35% damage from themselves and teammates if in a team match.
Up Special is Wings of Mercy, teleports them back to the stage.
Crusader's Ward is a passive ability that cuts the damage from any combos by 80%.
****, I just realized.

If Mega Man does return... I wonder if his model will be based on MM11 instead of the 8 bit games.
Please, if a God exists, do not allow this to happen. I want my bitty boy back

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

I'm feeling a lot of things right now...but let's just say I have a lot of planning to do.

Also, as soon as that trailer at the end went on for about 10 seconds, I started wondering if it was secretly a Smash trailer.

D

Deleted member

Opossum sure missed a lot....
My marsupial would be saying "Celica and Chrom for Smash for Switch!" and yelling with hype at the same time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
None of Smash 4's new-comers better be cut...

Especially any of the third parties. Those are the ones I'm worried about. Not so much Bayo because of Bayo 3..

But Cloud, Mega Man, and Ryu I'm really concerned about.

D

Deleted member

Especially any of the third parties. Those are the ones I'm worried about. Not so much Bayo because of Bayo 3..

Mega Man is fine, Mega Man is getting a Switch game.
I am a little concerned for Cloud, but I am sure they will slide with Cloud and Ryu.

I am also curious: Are they going to nerf Cloud really hard? If so, switching to a new main in Smash for Switch.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

I can't see Mega Man getting cut. Ryu seems relatively safe with USF2 and the Anniversary Collection being on the system.

Cloud, though... that's the real wild card.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And yes, I aware there weren't any new info on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC. But hey it will come eventually

Here's a Pyra fan colored art I found on Twitter
Man, now I want a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 anime....

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Oh god it’s all rushing back now

My favorite thing from Smash 4 leadup was some dude saying “if you think the Gematsu leak isn’t 100% accurate you’re completely stupid” just before the Robin reveal that contradicted it

I wonder how that guy’s doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom