• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This just in: Nintendo has won E3 three months early

HOLY ****LES that Direct was... was... impossibly incredible.

WarioWare Gold, Cresh Bendicool, The Fractured But Whole, Spat Tim 2, AND SMAAAAAAAAASH!!! (and more)

Oh, and I'm keeping my promise on my avatar (I was going to take Ivander Ivander request of Perry in a Ducky Momo outfit, but couldn't find one)

I'm still shaking, damn it!

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Whoa I think you are underhyping Smash bros on Switch lol. For most people, this is BIGGER than FE on Switch ok?

And I don't care if it's a port or not, as long as we get new characters and modes I'm fine.
I'm not fine with a port with 3 new characters because I've already spent almost 150€ on Smash 4, and I don't want to pay for something that I've already played. Of course Smash is more hype than FE, I know, but with a teaser I'm not fine yet. I'll be cautious about this for now, I'll just wait until we get someone I care about, or a confirmation that it's not a port.

But yeah, you guys go wild lol.

Found this on /v/:

I don't recognize Shulk and Bowser Jr. in it and Jiggs looks more like Kirby to me, but the rest seem to be right.
The left one is Yoshi (Don't know if that is written is sarcasm). There's someone together with DK (Diddy?). Jiggs is Kirby (Jiggs is not getting announced lol). Shulk is Fox. I have no clue who is between Samus and Bowser... Bowser Jr looks like Wario to me, and between the two I think it's Captain Falcon. Overall pretty safe picks (obviously), but man I need official confirmation. Today I ain't sleeping.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wait, you're worried about them being cut?

You really shouldn't be. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. I don't think there's any realistic chance of them being cut at all.

It can be hard to predict who stays and who goes (just look at how many characters in SSB4 came back that were thought to be doomed, and look at all the ones that got cut that were considered shocking), but Villager is among the safest SSB4 newcomers.
I sure hope you are right. They are my only driving reason I care about smash

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Best birthday present ever. :)
RIGHT ALSO THAT.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLDER.

Hi folks I just got Dragon Quest Builders in the mail and I-

*sees bullet list*'

OK HANG ON I NEED TO CATCH UP ON SOME STUFF
HOLD ON TO YOUR SEAT.

YOU ARE IN FOR SOME REAL **** TODAY.

I just have to say...I don't care if its a port or a new game because its Smash...on the Switch...with new characters...

AND HOLY HELL CAN WE GET CRASH BANDICOOT PLZZ!!!
YOU KNOW WHAT WHY NOT.

CRASH FOR SMASH.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

I'M NOT YELLING MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ha, a shoo-in. Tell that to the speculators years ago

About how Pac-Man was "irrelevant in this day and age"

I know guys, lets get that super relevant Klonoa character!
I remember that. I always thought Pac-Man made sense. But I wasn't sure what he'd do exactly unless it was just stuff from the Pac-Man World games.

Little did I know that only those who have Super computer brains could know what he was truly capable of.
Little did I know about the power of the Hydrant.

D

Deleted member

Zeb, nice avatar I see. :joyful:
Also the Smash Speculation thread is exploding with hype.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I feel young again! :laugh:

Was about to be so disappointed about the direct but as soon as the teaser started I knew it in my heart what it was. ALL IS FORGIVEN AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU!
I had the biggest, dopiest grin on my face during the start of the Smash trailer... I guess I got ahead of myself. Had it not been Smash I don't think my heart could've taken in. I'm pretty sure my reaction mirrored Inkling's gaze of awe lmao.

Also when Koizumi said the Direct was over then pulled the "wait one more thing" trick, I let off a string of expletives of widely varying emotions that would make any New Yorker proud. :laugh:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh yeah, here's my "reaction" when watching the Smash Bros 5 trailer:

"Splats...splats.... Inklings...."
Wait, wait...wait.... no, no no, plz no, no Splatoon on Switch...
NO SPLATOON ON SWITCH!

"Everything goes dark and Inkling look at something"

Wut?what's going on?

"Smash logo"
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
THREE HOURS.

I PLAY DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS FOR THREE HOURS AND NEARLY EVERY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THAT COULD HAPPEN DID HAPPEN

My throat hurts from all the air my racing heart is asking for.

I MEAN

WHAT

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I watched the direct live, but I had to handle some work stuff afterwards so my response is a bit after the fact.

General impression is: it's good. Plenty of good stuff, but nothing I'm over the top excited about.

Individual thoughts:
  • 3DS WILL NEVER DIE
  • Luigi's Mansion remake is cool. Not sure if I'll get it or not.
  • I probably won't get it, but that sushi game is hilarious.
  • Dream Friends look dope AF. Surprised to see Gooey return, and Marx playable at all. I'm guessing the next update will have the animal friends from DL3 playable, and I suspect we'll see Magolor playable at some point too.
  • Octopath looking good as always. Job system looks like you could get up to some shenanigans. Glad to finally have a release date.
  • Undertale on Switch is neat, maybe I'll finally play it.
  • finally confirming Smash on Switch is cool, but given that we know literally nothing besides that it's coming and that the Inklings are playable, I'm not over the moon hyped. Will probably get it all the same, but I need more information about it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
<quote redacted>

We don't even know if it is a port at this point.

And that's coming from someone who's leaning towards it being one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This just in: Nintendo has won E3 three months early

HOLY ****LES that Direct was... was... impossibly incredible.

WarioWare Gold, Cresh Bendicool, The Fractured But Whole, Spat Tim 2, AND SMAAAAAAAAASH!!! (and more)

Oh, and I'm keeping my promise on my avatar (I was going to take Ivander Ivander request of Perry in a Ducky Momo outfit, but couldn't find one)

I'm still shaking, damn it!

https://imgur.com/a/7cSX3
Here you go. There wasn't quite a full body shot with the bottom half other than shortly where he flies away, but part of his head was obscured despite showing the bottom half better.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
THREE HOURS.

I PLAY DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS FOR THREE HOURS AND NEARLY EVERY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THAT COULD HAPPEN DID HAPPEN

My throat hurts from all the air my racing heart is asking for.

I MEAN

WHAT
Oh yeah, I gotta buy DQ Builders on Switch....

Also,

Probably my most favorite Of the Hook soundtrack.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
<quote redacted>
Hey, where did all this salt come from?? I don't remember it being here a minute ago.

Ah well, my fries were tasting a little bland anyway.
Its Woomy Time.png

For the record, I'm mocking you for going out of your way to call an entire community ableist slurs for making different purchase decisions than you, not for the suggestion to save money itself.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
<quote redacted>
The fact that something this innocuous can incite such inner vitriol; I feel sorry for you.

Best of luck~

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
<quote redacted>
It is a day of hype.

And you choose to be an angry man.

There is much wrong with this world.

But this...

is a happy time, da?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
<quote redacted>

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
<quote redacted>
HOW DARE PEOPLE GET EXCITED AND HAPPY ABOUT THINGS I'M NOT EXCITED AND HAPPY ABOUT!?

D

Deleted member

Part of me wants to make a "Saber for Smash" thread but another part is saying "that's too much work lol"

Also, calling it now, we'll get a FEH character as a newcomer. Hopefully Fjorm because SPEARS.
<quote redacted>

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
<quote redacted>
ok.
It is a day of hype.

But this...

is a happy time, da?
Well, something unrelated....
a New Grinch movie is coming, and I gotta say....
This Grinch looks so, awesome, and hilarious as well.
I just can't wait how will the new Mario movie look like with Illumination humors.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
<quote redacted>

Resorting to vitriolic attacks like that?

I pity you.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Amidst all of the hype, I almost forgot one of my other favorite parts of the Direct.

I can actually play as Marx in a Kirby game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

https://imgur.com/a/7cSX3
Here you go. There wasn't quite a full body shot with the bottom half other than shortly where he flies away, but part of his head was obscured despite showing the bottom half better.
Honestly, not really feeling it. Would've been better if a part of his face was showing.

Think I'll stick with my original promise (sry).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Untitled-2.png

I'm surprised no one is talking about that obvious shadow to the right

D

Deleted member

<quote redacted>
I can tell you chose this day to provoke all of us. I know very well about teasing, and you are clearly trying to start a fight with us. We did nothing wrong. Stop your act and please go get some help.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's stop with the "salt" replies. The moderation will handle it. The salt replies are also borderline spam and unnecessary.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I had the biggest, dopiest grin on my face during the start of the Smash trailer... I guess I got ahead of myself. Had it not been Smash I don't think my heart could've taken in. I'm pretty sure my reaction mirrored Inkling's gaze of awe lmao.

Also when Koizumi said the Direct was over then pulled the "wait one more thing" trick, I let off a string of expletives of widely varying emotions that would make any New Yorker proud. :laugh:
The quality of the animation, and how it was Inklings yet we had just "concluded" talking about Splatoon, the intensity of their shooting at one another... my brain was analyzing everything to confirm my bias. "But the logo. Where's the logo? AHHH ITS IN THE EYE'S REFLECTION AHHHH!"

We see my B-Junes in the silhouette. That just leaves one thing...

NO BAY, NO BUY!

Also guys stop blowing up smashboards it's hard to type a dang post... >__> How inconsiderate.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Part of me wants to make a "Saber for Smash" thread but another part is saying "that's too much work lol"

Also, calling it now, we'll get a FEH character as a newcomer. Hopefully Fjorm because SPEARS.
Either her, Veronica if looking at CYL2, or Lyn, considering how Lyn is super popular in both Fire Emblem and in Heroes, with some thanks to Brave Lyn. And we know Assist Trophies can become Playable characters. *looks at Little Mac*
Honestly, not really feeling it. Would've been better if a part of his face was showing.

Think I'll stick with my original promise (sry).
Well, I tried.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It is a day of hype.

But this...

is a happy time, da?
It wouldn't be the Smash community without people getting irrationally angry at anything and everything announced.

I suppose the only logical conclusion would be someone getting rage hardness over the concept of a Smash game getting announced itself.

And he's gettin' into it, too. I mean, he REALLY looks like he's trying his golly gee gosh darned best to account suicide.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, do you expect this to be an enhanced port, or maybe a straight up Smash 5 (or 6 depending on who you ask)?

By the way they hyped it up, I think it's probably going to be a little bit more than an enhanced port. I can see them going to the Splatoon 2 route. Taking the base gameplay of Smash 4 but building new stuff on top of it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The official website for Smash 3DS & Wii U is still available fyi. But every image is broken (betting on high traffic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom