• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can find the Temple wherever you find light; let that light reach your heart and embrace the majesty of the Most Luminous.
So, I need to have Kos-Mos and

Poppi's Light Core?

to found the way?

In that case, it should be easy! Thanks for answering.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So...

Is it some enhanced port?

Or a new game?
Obviously we don't know... however the debut trailer being a single reveal, presumably only a few months away from release, and not at E3, would lead me to believe it's an enhanced edition. Or at least, it's based around Smash 4's groundwork. I've no idea how Nintendo will choose to brand it.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well, who is eating shoes today then?

****ing Smash... Who saw this coming... Please don't be a port...

Okay, thoughts on direct:
-NO FE SWITCH
-3DS stuff I don't really care anymore
-STILL NO FE SWITCH
-Okami HD, Crash Bandicoot, Undertale... That's some nice games coming to the Switch. No FighterZ though...
-WHERE'S FE SWITCH
-Mario Tennis Aces looking rock solid, no special attacks though, but I'm very interested.
-Octopath Traveler looks really HYPE
-WHY NO FE SWITCH
-The Splatoon update seems neat, but I still don't know if I'll be buying it.
-I'm crying because no FE Switch.

At least we got Smash, it's the same as Fire Emblem right? Oh man, I hope it's not a port, please don't be. I have my hopes up for this one. Having Breath of The Wild Link gives me hope that they might be changing some stuff, and since it was only the Smash Logo and no subtitle, maybe we can get something new. Just keep Shulk in it and I'm fine.

So, how long until we draw each and every silhouette on the trailer? This site is going to explode in the next couple of months hahahaha. I might go to the speculation thread now that we actually have confirmation of Smash.

Overall satisfied, pretty cool lineup of games. I'm not as hyped as I should be about Smash because it could be a port, but if not... The hype train never ends. Let's get the party started.

D

Deleted member

Small brain: "Crash is eligible for Smash"
Medium brain: "Praise the sun is eligible for Smash"
Big brain: "Sans is eligible for Smash"
Ascending brain: "BotW Zelda"
So...

Or a new game?
Considering it was just "Super Smash Bros." when it would make sense for a Sm4sh port to get named "SSB for Switch", I'm willing to bet it's a new game. That and BotW Link.

Also, can we revive the leaks group now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The use of the BOTW model is countered by the fact that the Mario model is pretty clearly the same one from SSB4.

Not to mention the time of the announcement and the release year.

I'm leaning towards it being a port.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow. That's really something.

Although i'm very curious to know what this game is (port vs new game).

Also it looks like Link is going to use his BoTW outfit as his primary.

D

Deleted member

I was right that BOTW Link would be the fighter.
After playing Smash for Wii U forever, I can finally move on.
Rest in peace Smash for Wii U, you will always be remembered.

D

Deleted member

Huh, so they did it. Again. Cool I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, can we revive the leaks group now?

You know this place was made so that the leak group could stop existing because it turned into a **** show every five minutes right?

That place was cancer to moderate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I ****ed up so bad.
TOP 10 Character Regrets of 2018. (REAL) (NOT A PRANK)

Also, if this new game is coming out this year, I'm betting it is a port with extra characters. Which is fine by me if only because I mostly just want to play my main two fighters again, Mega Man and Ike. Though I mess around with Mario, Samus, Ganon, Mac and Ryu enough too. I didn't even get all the DLC of Smash 4, so there's still some content I haven't actually played yet.

I wonder if 3DS stages will make it in, or if the online will be improved.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So...

Or a new game?
I'm assuming a port for a couple reasons.

1: It's this year. Unless they are using the same engine from Smash 4, I doubt a new game would be coming out this year if it was using a brand new engine or whatnot.
2: It's using the same burning logo from Smash 4 and the way the letters come out to say Super Smash Bros is also similar as well.

On the other hand, it has BotW Link rather than Twilight Princess Link. So there is a possibility of it being somewhat new. Although if BotW Link is in, I wonder how this will affect Zelda and Ganondorf. Also, I got to wonder if all of the 3rd Parties will come back or not.

If it is a new game, the only possibility I can think of why it's coming early is that it's using the same Engine as Smash 4, meaning it would be very easy to port characters and other assets over while being able to add new stuff in.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
And so begins me watching almost nothing 106 times before tomorrow.

You know watching this again, the way the Inkling girl reacts, it looks like someone set the entire place on fire. Also, with Link presented, could he finally be getting a update to his moveset? Maybe Mario will to.

Also, back during the Smash 4 DLC days, I did predict the default for the Inkling would most likely be the Orange Inkling Girl, cause she was the one over marketing, and thinking about it now, them having the Blue Inkling boy as the boy default make sense to me as well.

Also you know what to do guys, its time to look at those silhouettes and over analyse who they could be, while also trying to somehow fix what ever character you want to in it.

Also I am a bit disappointed about no Fire Emblem for Switch, but hey, maybe that'll show up at E3, since Fire Emblem has risen in the ranks in Nintendo franchises. BTW, I was mostly thinking FE news would happen at a Direct, since FE is something more of Nintendo's core fan base is interested then gaming as a whole. But hey, if I'm right and it does show up at E3, we can defiantly say FE has made it as a big time Nintendo franchise.

Also still waiting on that Xenoblade Chronicles X port for Switch.

And another thing I'm disappointed by, a bit, is Captain Toad Treasure Tracker was a port, and not a sequel, and something else, I feel the Lugi's Mansion remake, should be on the Switch, not the 3DS, but hey, maybe this means we'll get that rumored Gamecube virtual console finally. I'm also glad Wario's finally got a new game, Warioware Gold, totally love the pun they made with it, since Gold means when a game goes to be printed.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If they went out of their way to update Link after 2 games, maybe Mario will have Cappy after all.

Or I could be stupid and wrong.

D

Deleted member

The use of the BOTW model is countered by the fact that the Mario model is pretty clearly the same one from SSB4.

Not to mention the time of the announcement and the release year.

I'm leaning towards it being a port.
Oh hey, you're back.

And those aren't models though, that was a pre-rendered trailer. I can understand saying it's the same artstyle but we haven't even seen any models yet.

You know this place was made so that the leak group could stop existing because it turned into a **** show every five minutes right?

That place was cancer to moderate.
Swamp, what's the fun of Smash speculation if this site doesn't turn into a living hell?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
And those aren't models though, that was a pre-rendered trailer. I can understand saying it's the same artstyle but we haven't even seen any models yet.
You are aware that these animations use models, correct?

Mario looks the same as he did in the pre-rendered Smash 4 trailers.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
YOU THOUGHT NINTENDO WAS GOING TO CLOSE ANOTHER DIRECT WITH SPLATOON, BUT IT WAS I:

Super_Smash_Bros_Logo.png

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well. I thought I would leave this place but Sakurai keeps pulling me back in

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

D

Deleted member

Dataminers and leakers are already rushing to get information for Smash for Switch, I can tell.
Well. I thought I would leave this place but Sakurai keeps pulling me back in

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I love Sakurai.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, what a night to remember.

Though, now, I have to go. So, shine on my friend, I hope you have all a great day!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Every time I see a "Rex & Pyra for Smash" without Mythra my heart gets filled with angery
I think she will just be Rex's final Smash...
Or maybe as Rex's Alt skin.....
And so begins me watching almost nothing 106 times before tomorrow.

Things I skeptic on this trailer....

Link is not Smash Bros Link we know, Mario looks... Mario....

The logo isn't the same as Wii U/3DS, so.... Smash 5 confirmed?

And again, this video is how Nintendo Switch/ Smashboards community is right now after the Direct
At least we got Smash, it's the same as Fire Emblem right? Oh man, I hope it's not a port, please don't be. I have my hopes up for this one. Having Breath of The Wild Link gives me hope that they might be changing some stuff, and since it was only the Smash Logo and no subtitle, maybe we can get something new. Just keep Shulk in it and I'm fine.
Whoa I think you are underhyping Smash bros on Switch lol. For most people, this is BIGGER than FE on Switch ok?

And I don't care if it's a port or not, as long as we get new characters and modes I'm fine.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Should be worth noting that Namco wasn't listed as a developer, on the trailer or the website.

Could end up being nothing, but it's interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Should be worth noting that Namco wasn't listed as a developer, on the trailer or the website.

Could end up being nothing, but it's interesting.
I am thinking it's a new game.

If this is the case, Pac Man could be gone

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Port or not.

I just want everyone from 4 back.
Plus Ice Climbers, RIGHT???? *Leans heavily into face, while breathing heavily*

Just kidding, but most agree Ice Climbers is what would've made the roster of Smash 4 feel more complete.

Also did anybody else see the rose Waluigi had in his mouth during the Mario Tennis segment?

Cause all I can say is: Sexy Waluigi confirmed.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Dataminers and leakers are already rushing to get information for Smash for Switch, I can tell.
Dataminers can't really do anything at this point, seeing as how there's nothing of the game to mine data from. :p

IF THEY SO MUCH TOUCH VILLAGER IN THIS SMASH I WILL SCREAM
If it's a port, they'll probably be safe.

If it's a new game, I'm pretty sure they'll have a new look (the taller, slimmer version used from New Leaf onward).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom