• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still hold that the reason Tails vanished from playability is because his Flight ability completely destroys all game balance.

Tails is able to trivialise pretty much all stages made specifically for Sonic unless they are indoor corridors. If you're having Tails as a stand-alone character in a 3D space, he pretty much has to have his stages made specifically for him, with Flight as an intended part of the solutions to tackling the level.
I feel like I understand less about this franchise now. What exactly is this game about?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder if there’ll ever be a Bravely Third. Probably not though cause of the ending of Bravely Second

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My opinion on Sonic Adventure 2:

It's a pretty good game. Far from the best Sonic game in the series (imo that honor goes to Mania Plus) but Adventure 2 still has its perks. Sonic and Shadow's levels are all fun to me, the mech stages are tragically underrated (blowing things up gives me a good sense of euphoria), and the extra modes are all fun to me and give the game good replayability. I also must say that I love the controls. They feel as smooth as butter to me.

However, half the treasure hunting stages are far too long, but that's not the worst part of the game. The worst part of the game is the crappy camera. The treasure hunting stages are at least fun to a certain extent. But the camera, on the other hand, infects every single level of the game. It makes levels a little harder, it makes bosses a little harder, and it can even make the extra modes a little harder and frustrating, and it's all for the wrong reasons.

OVERALL SCORE: 7.5/10. Definitely not perfect but has a lot of charm to it, and to be honest people have screamed "OVERRATED" and hated on it to the point where to be honest, I think it is overhated and underrated. But, other 3d Sonic games have definitely improved on SA2's flaws by a good margin. Colors comes to mind as an amazing 3d Sonic game.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I feel this way about a lot of Let's Go. There's actually a lot of really good changes that I'd love to see in future games (Overworld pokemon, following pokemon, skippable cutscenes) that make me really excited about it, then there's the other changes such as removing wild battles and the lack of difficulty (as if the pokemon games were even difficult to begin with) that turn me away. Those new features aren't enough to offset what they lost in my eyes.

I'll no doubt end up getting it eventually just to experience some of those good changes though.
If there's ever a deal I'll likely end up getting it. Pokémon games are better with deals over other Nintendo games, and I expect 2 or 3 years from now there'll be a deal that justifies me getting it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Krystal should be based mostly on Fox's moveset from Star Fox Adventures; if it isn't then what are they even doing?
This is the reason I don't like the moveset I made for Krystal very much anymore — it's mostly generic staff-based attacks, without taking a lot of Star Fox Adventures into account.

I forgot to stay updated on these. I'll come back for the rest.

...and they're right here.
:facepalm: Gah, they done goofed... the country Link lives in is Hyrule. Hylia is the goddess it's named after.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is the reason I don't like the moveset I made for Krystal very much anymore — it's mostly generic staff-based attacks, without taking a lot of Star Fox Adventures into account.

:facepalm:Gah, they done goofed... the country Link lives in is Hyrule. Hylia is the goddess it's named after.
I always felt that Ice Blaster would be standard special, fire blaster would be the side special and her final smash would be a cinematic one involving the portal ability.

D

Deleted member

Unova, Johto and Sinnoh are my favorite regions.
Except Unova and Johto already got a remake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Despite my misgivings with the region I'd honestly be up for a remake as it'd most likely fix all of the mechanical issues and make it more streamlined to play. My main concern with a potential remake is that with GF's current direction I'm worried they'd ignore the improvements that Platinum brought to the table like better pacing, which would be much more to Sinnoh's detriment then ORAS ignoring Emerald's were.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Conspiracy theories are rising.

I’ll admit it’s surprising we only saw waluigi once and that treehouse ****ed with people who wanted him playable in smash but mocking that bowser jr is in.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Haven't been around here in a while.

I love that Krystal was added to SSF2 but like.. I kinda don’t like what they decided for her moveset from what I saw.
The thing is they based Krystal off Adventures, Assault, and Command. Adventures being her Normals, Assault her Specials, and Command definitely inspiring her appearance. I can understand why they might've wanted to pull from more than just Adventures, but that's not what I would've done. I'd have kept Krystal based strictly off Adventures, then used elements from Assault in movesets for Slippy and/or Leon.

That said, I'm still pretty happy with her moveset in SSF2. Her main moveset is pretty much what I would've expected from Krystal. Dunno if you've seen other footage of her, but here's a video showing a few Krystal ditto matches.

I always felt that Ice Blaster would be standard special, fire blaster would be the side special and her final smash would be a cinematic one involving the portal ability.
I would've made her Neutral Special the Fire Blast and have it function similarly to Mario's 'Fast Fireball' custom Special. Then make Ice Blast her Side Special, and allow her to angle it up and down like Bowser's Fire Breath. As for her Final Smash, there's a few different things you could do. Having her get on the CloudRunner and firing at enemies with the powered-up staff would be a nice homage to Adventures' opening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Finally, I get to watch last week's Kamen Rider episode
"Anyone else feel their characteriation was different this episode?"
"Yeah, and it's a bit inconsistent with episode 1"
"I figured, we got a different writer this episode"
"Not just that but this is the sixth director we've had so far! Wow, how harsh is this when the first 10 episodes and our winter movies gets seven different directors total? That's messed up!"
I love this stupid show

Chrono.

Conspiracy theories are rising.

I’ll admit it’s surprising we only saw waluigi once and that treehouse ****ed with people who wanted him playable in smash but mocking that bowser jr is in.
>Lax Chris

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>Lax Chris
I was bored and crackpot theories catch my attention lol. This theory also isn’t even lax’s he’s just covering it for a viewer.

I did watch his other video though.

This rumor bought up that a playable GameCube controller with a Nintendo console legacy stage would be a thing.

And I would fully main GameCube controller

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've always been a fan of random encounters. Win or lose, it always changes up the strategy cause you never know what'll happen. It keeps me thinking. It also means sometimes I can't get what I'm looking for. But that's okay. RNG is something I always have preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom