• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YEAH, I DID IT, I BEAT THE ADULT ARDUN WITH REX ONLY.

And Jin corpse as a guest.

God, it took me 3 tries, but it was so worth it, I love this game.

D

Deleted member

XC2 NG+ update:
Got all my Drivers and rare Blades back.
It's also only now I've remarked I haven't put luck accessories on my Drivers to increase chances of having the rares I'm still missing. Gonna try this later when I'll get enough rare and legendary cores.
For short I'm gonna do what @mario123007 is still persisting to do but without the risk to get spoiled haha.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*package goes from three states away to one in a day and is still on the road for now*

Oh, so maybe starting two states away and backtracking was a fluke and it will-

UPS:"It will take four more days for you to receive Dragon Quest Builders."

. . .

Just how many out of the way detours do they plan on TAKING?!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Played the Kirby: Star Allies demo. The game plays decently well. The 30 frame per second is a bit jarring, especially after playing 60fps Kirby games like Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, but it's not that inhibiting to overall gameplay. The ally feature is also well-implemented: the allies generally will do things on their own like beating up bosses during battle or reaching a switch when they see one.

The one feature that will take some getting used to is the new way how dropping abilities are implemented. Back then, one simple button press was enough to drop your ability. Here, you have to hold the button to briefly fill up a meter, and then you can drop the ability. It doesn't feel as convenient as it used to.

I also decided to read through the dateline spoilers, and I'd figure I'd give some thoughts on it (namely the story)

From the story-relevant dialogue that has been datamined, the story is quite a downgrade from Planet Robobot, at least in regards to how the villains are characterized. From his dialogue and what we learn of him in his bios, Hyness is pretty much a typical Fire Emblem sorcerer villain: you know, the "I'm a firm believer of this omnipotent, dark entity, and I'm going to revive said entity because I think the entity will usher in a new order of chaos" kind of guy (basically a Gharneff archetype). He doesn't have much depth to him. The three Jambastion mages are a trio of sisters that care for each other and serve as Hyness's underlings... with not much backstory on them from what I'm reading about them. Void Termina is also basically just some dark God who serves as some final obstacle rather than a commanding-type villain.

Comparing them to Planet Robobot, President Haltman actually had a lot of depth to his character regarding why he was so bent on using the Star Dream's power: that he wanted to create the ultimate machine in the universe but lost his daughter in the process, which led him to becoming obsessed with bringing her back to the point he lost all his emotions as his desire turned him into a cold-hearted man. It reached the point that he couldn't even recognize his daughter when she returned. Even the boss battle with him does a great job conveying how insane he has become. Susie too has some depth going for him regarding her past as Haltmann's daughter and how the experiments turned her into who she is now.

Heck, if we're to go a step further, even Queen Sectonia had more depth to her than Hyness, particularly regarding how the Mirror corrupted and her former friendship with Taranza.

Moving on from Hyness's characterization, I have a feeling that this is Hyness:

His boss battle bio mentions he has been "unmasked," so I presume that we see his true face during the fight, and apparently, the bio makes it out to be a scary deal (perhaps he has a really scary-looking smile?). They also describe his battle being similar to the Taranza battle in Kirby: Triple Deluxe: there, you didn't fight Taranza, but Taranza was controlling King Dedede, the one you actually fought. In Star Allies case, it seems like the Hyness battle is similar: he controls the three Jambastion Mages from the background as if he was a puppeteer of some sort. I only wonder then what will happen to the Jambastion Mages before then: are they dead and Hyness is controlling their corpes, or are they just mind-controlled?

I'm also curious to see how Void Termina will actually like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it me or this thread is making less pages? Back then I had to skip through three pages, now there were only sixteen posts I missed out on. Ah well, is everyone busy lately?
Its a sad day when scriblenaunts turns into a party game
Wait... the new Scribblenauts is a party game?
I do not want Scribblenauts to make any party games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That’s true. Though for the nine years before that, it said Vancouver. ;)
How are you enjoying our great country? You've probably forgotten all about Canada, just like us. :p

I'm just anxious. Ever since Grade 5 after a horrific time with a bunch of bullies and an abusive teacher, I've always had anxiety and increased paranoia and it's not the easiest to overcome, especially with my autism. Some things, I feel fine in telling or doing, but other cases, I feel very hesitant. But at least it allows me to help and relate to people who are also going through anxiety, depression or similar cases alongside people with autism.

And yeah, I've been on both sides, since my dad is military and we moved quite alot(which is always awful).
We share some similarities, my family is a military one and I'm the odd one out, diagnosed with anxiety/depression/aspergers.

I was rarely bullied though, I dealt out gum to all the kids in school, many of them the "cool ones", so they all remained polite with me. Teenagers value not having smelly breath too much to cross their dealer. lol

Although the last two years were an exception when I went to school in Alabama. I stuck out the most there and I was threatened to be beaten up several times. :laugh: Oddly enough I was also more popular with girls there too, although that isn't saying much haha!

YEAH, I DID IT, I BEAT THE ADULT ARDUN WITH REX ONLY.

And Jin corpse as a guest.

God, it took me 3 tries, but it was so worth it, I love this game.
>Finishes XC2 Chapter 3
>Raises Vandham's Level to 80
>Still ****ing dies at Olethro

"Can you believe this, Akhos?, this big australian dude basically squashed Akhos and still we got a cutscene where we were losing. What a bunch of nonsense."
...What is wrong with you people? :laugh:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How are you enjoying our great country? You've probably forgotten all about Canada, just like us. :p

We share some similarities, my family is a military one and I'm the odd one out, diagnosed with anxiety/depression/aspergers.

I was rarely bullied though, I dealt out gum to all the kids in school, many of them the "cool ones", so they all remained polite with me. Teenagers value not having smelly breath too much to cross their dealer. lol

Although the last two years were an except when I went to school in Alabama. I stuck out the most there and I was threatened to be beaten up several times. :laughs: Although oddly enough I was also more popular with girls there too, although that isn't saying much haha!

...What is wrong with you people? :laugh:
Just having some dumb fun tbh.

Right now, I'm trying to
level up Jin to level 99, even if there is nothing you get out of it. Really, this is just a excuse for me to play more Jin, because he is just soooo fun to play with.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Its a sad day when scriblenaunts turns into a party game
Wait... the new Scribblenauts is a party game?
I do not want Scribblenauts to make any party games.
What is wrong with you two?

Scribblenauts is the exact kind of weird thing with limitless potential that I would want to see as a party game.

Just imagine all the shenanigans!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
*package goes from three states away to one in a day and is still on the road for now*

Oh, so maybe starting two states away and backtracking was a fluke and it will-

UPS:"It will take four more days for you to receive Dragon Quest Builders."

. . .

Just how many out of the way detours do they plan on TAKING?!
They are taking your game to see the sights.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question: When I buy something off the Switch eShop, can I refuse to use the money I got from My Nintendo gold coins on the transaction?

I want to build up my gold coin money before I use it.

D

Deleted member

What is wrong with you two?

Scribblenauts is the exact kind of weird thing with limitless potential that I would want to see as a party game.

Just imagine all the shenanigans!
You got me thinking. Lets discuss this more.
So what mini-games would arise? A Mario Party reference to "Trace the Character" type of mini-game?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Question: When I buy something off the Switch eShop, can I refuse to use the money I got from My Nintendo gold coins on the transaction?

I want to build up my gold coin money before I use it.
Yes you can. There’s an option to use it, it’s not mandatory.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You got me thinking. Lets discuss this more.
So what mini-games would arise? A Mario Party reference to "Trace the Character" type of mini-game?
There could be a lot of potential.

Maybe some stuff about guessing words that start with a specific letter, or maybe a quicker version of the game's "missions"

I'm not really creative, so thinking of ideas is not my forte, but still, Scrbblenauts Showdown looks like it would have potential.

Don't automatically diss it just because it's different.

D

Deleted member

There could be a lot of potential.

Maybe some stuff about guessing words that start with a specific letter, or maybe a quicker version of the game's "missions"
Maybe they could make a ramp or traveling-like game where a vehicle or skateboard will have to travel through the path, with the most successful one wins or something with criteria and constraints.
I'm not really creative, so thinking of ideas is not my forte,
but still, Scrbblenauts Showdown looks like it would have potential.

Don't automatically diss it just because it's different.
Oh so Scribblenauts Showdown is a party game.
I will try it out actually, a new experience should be fun. It being different might not be the best taste for me, but I guess I will try it. Hey maybe it will be good, lets get positive in here.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Maybe they could make a ramp or traveling-like game where a vehicle or skateboard will have to travel through the path, with the most successful one wins or something with criteria and constraints.
... Maybe, I guess...

You say it like being creative is easy.

Oh so Scribblenauts Showdown is a party game.
I will try it out actually, a new experience should be fun. It being different might not be the best taste for me, but I guess I will try it. Hey maybe it will be good, lets get positive in here.
Wait... how did you not know we were talking of Showdown?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see I've missed a couple songs from the Super Smash Bros. series soundtrack (I've downloaded the entire soundtrack of all 5 games)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile i used my pitance of gold coins to get yodanji on switch(its a kemco rougelike based around yokai)
games pretty fun and you start with three random characters, and it plays like a myster dungeon game

will say it is a port of a mobile game but its fairly priced and it looks like a long lost nes game so its all good

will reccomend if you are looking for a good time killer

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
meanwhile i used my pitance of gold coins to get yodanji on switch(its a kemco rougelike based around yokai)
games pretty fun and you start with three random characters, and it plays like a myster dungeon game

will say it is a port of a mobile game but its fairly priced and it looks like a long lost nes game so its all good

will reccomend if you are looking for a good time killer
I used mine to get Outlast for liek 5 dollars.

Now to get the courage to play it. lol

D

Deleted member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom