• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Before I even start on Jojo I should probably catch-up with Soul Eater.

I fell behind on it long ago (look at me, being lazy with shows once again) but was enjoying what I had seen so far.

D

Deleted member

Ehhhhhh not a fan of the 'reee' meme as it's that 'autistic screeching' meme.
ok I didn't actually know that so I apologize for it
I mean get that (and the video addresses it), but any random joe who runs into the video and doesn't really know Basement is probably not gonna see it as him just goofing around and will take it seriously.

Obviously, whether you skip parts or not is up to you and Jojo fandom being awful about it to newcomers has been a thing for years now.

I feel part 2 is the most skippable one as I'd argue is the most standalone of them all.

Part 1 and 3 are always gonna be relevant in some fashion, but part 3 (imo) is long and can drag so I don't blame anyone skipping sections of it, I know I did.
The tone in the video is pretty clearly of joking though, you can't watch it and think he's being serious.

But yeah, Part 3 is really skippable, I'd say the first half is mostly skippable outside of the early episodes, any episode that has Hol Horse in it and any epi
Second half I'd say to not skip at all because it has some great fights so it ends uo being really worth it.

But, like, that's the thing with Jojo, it's not about some over-arching plot, the Parts division is what makes it so accessible as someine can jump in at any time without having to go through everything before. But at the same time, if you want to fully enjoy it, you should watch everything before because those are what you're watching it for. It can be watched in any way people want to watch it.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Skip Jojo entirely and read/watch Hunter X Hunter instead.
Thats... actually what I'm watching at the moment. The 2011 version that is lol

Only like 4 episodes in. I came in hearing alot of good things about Hunter X Hunter and I'm enjoying what i'm seeing so far.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Thats... actually what I'm watching at the moment. The 2011 version that is lol

Only like 4 episodes in. I came in hearing alot of good things about Hunter X Hunter and I'm enjoying what i'm seeing so far.
Dude, it does shonen so well.

The York New City arc is probably my favorite part of HxH 2011.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey we got anime Youtuber beef now cause that's a thing I guess, thanks Youtube recs.

Basement is lowkey annoying tho so watching a video dunking on him sounds good rn.

But also why even skip Jojo parts idgi.
Hold up, isn't Mother's Basement also the person who **** on The Anime Man on Twitter for no justifiable reason? Yeah, seems like an utter dolt.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had to gargle apple cider vinegar. Bleh

I got an infection from the steroids I'm taking. I'm taking steroids because I had an allergic reaction. I had an allergic reaction to medicine I was taking. And I was taking the medicine because I had an infection.

It's an endless cycle. But at least I can cure this one with natural means instead of getting more medicine to have something else go wrong.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey we got anime Youtuber beef now cause that's a thing I guess, thanks Youtube recs.

Basement is lowkey annoying tho so watching a video dunking on him sounds good rn.

Not all reply videos are beef, it's more so actual thoughts on the subject Basement presented rather than say, one of those rant videos you see all the time in recommendations. Though I have to say, IDK why Shisho's saying it's a joke.

Edit: Oh wait, Shisho's talking about Basement's video. Nvm. LMAO. Even though I still don't see how it's a joke as of now.(Reminds me of the satire defense for Cinema Sins even though they aren't satirical.) Even if it were, I can still see how MB's points can be taken seriously, I here the kind of misconceptions he's saying all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Not all reply videos are beef, it's more so actual thoughts on the subject Basement presented rather than say, one of those rant videos you see all the time in recommendations. Though I have to say, IDK why Shisho's saying it's a joke.
I was being facetious :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

YouTube beefs...real or not they shall never die

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Leaving this here.

Relevant to current activities, it has a 360° version.

Kinda have to coax the Go into handling it, but it's fun.

D

Deleted member

Looks like I'm back. Wonder if anyone other than the people who follow me on Twitter remembers me.
I actually don't think I'll be very active in this website anymore... When I am, this, the roster thread, and the roster maker thread are going to be the only threads I'll be active in. Aside from running the pretty much dead Decidueye thread for the next 2 months, I'm not touching the main speculation boards anymore.
Speaking of Decidueye... In case people are wondering how I feel about his chances being dead in the water... honestly, as much as I do want Decidueye to be in Ultimate (and I don't find Incineroar to be a good choice at all personally), it's just a video game in the end of the day. I can't get so upset over such a trivial matter, and I feel that's something a lot of people in this community don't seem to realize. It's also why i'm staying away from the main speculation boards. Also, with how much effort that was put into this game, it would be rude of me to whine about one character exclusion.
Finally... I had the displeasure of seeing two Twitter mutuals that I consider very good friends act like children over events that happened in this very website. I can't vent anywhere except in DMs either due to my fear of ruining my friendships with them, because they're on basically every Discord server I'm in and I have things to say about certain people who frequently visit this thread.
Anyway, like I said I doubt I'll be very active in this website anymore, especially this year since I have 12th grade stuff to take care of... you can still find me on Discord and Twitter, where I'm going to be much more active.
I think this song represents my mood better than anything:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got my Blu-Ray Reader/Writer installed, thanks to my brother.

Playing the Fire Emblem HD Movie Collection was a bit of an ordeal. I can't actually straightforwardly play the disc. Apparently you need keys to let VLC play that and I can't seem to find any for Japanese Blu-Ray discs. However, I found a program called MakeMKV that had a free trial, which can bypass the encryption, copy the movie files to my hard drive, and convert them to .mkv files which can then be played by VLC.

So I got HD versions of the cutscenes from Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and Shadows of Valentia on my computer now. The quality is quite nice too, and scales up nicely to 4K. Perfect for my eventual 4K playthroughs of these games.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So I might be working a night shift job from now on—cleaning from 11 PM to 7 AM. Does anyone have any experience with night shifts? Or at least have any advice to give me about them?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
SEGA Twitter channeling it's inner Sonic Twitter.

So I guess Riley isn't the best girl? Seems legit to me, Ridley has not so great VA, but hold your horses that's just my first impression. I have said the same thing on Rex, Nia, and Addam before so I'm pretty sure I will get used to it.

Man, I so want the game to come right now but sadly it won't come until October 24, so I can see how good that girl is, hopeful she is useful during the combat. And hopefully this game can become one of my most favorite JRPG along with XC2 and Octopath Traveler, it has getting slightly better reviews compare to XC2 which is great I gotta say.
Mother's Basement is best when he analyzes OPs and not analyzing things he knows nothing about.
I personally agrees with this, that being said I do agree with some of Mother's Basement videos that are a bit controversial in anime community at least.
The whole video is a joke, people taking it completely seriously is hilarious to me.
And even as someone who would tell anyone who wants to watch Jojo to NOT skip parts, this whole "don't skip parts REEEEEE" elitism has become really annoying.
Well, for me I always a bit bothered or just often to watch animes like Jojo, Dragonball Z etc... is because those anime series that are either old and take time for those who are new to follow up... I have watch a bit of part 1 and part 4 but man I don't really have the time to finish all of the parts yet. So not sure where your "elitism" is from... it's really opinion here at the end of the day. I'm pretty sure my big Jojo fan brother stil has yet to finish all of the Jojo episodes and manga.

I have to say, no one is tell you to take Mother's Basement's video all, it's normal disagree with some of his videos yet still enjoys most of his content.
Before I even start on Jojo I should probably catch-up with Soul Eater.

I fell behind on it long ago (look at me, being lazy with shows once again) but was enjoying what I had seen so far.
Oh yeah, Soul Eater...

Gosh, I have put these anime and manga into hiatus recently because of school work, hopefully I have the time but... I have yet to see the day to come.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
For me, I think every JoJo anime has been better than the last. Been really enjoying some episodes of Diamond is Unbreakable.
Why would anyone want Jump Force is looks like complete garbo
You're just saying that cause it's not Smash Bros.

Even if the game turns out bad (and I doubt it will be), it'll still be fun playing as all the anime characters.

D

Deleted member

Even if the game turns out bad (and I doubt it will be), it'll still be fun playing as all the anime characters.
I don't think that's why they're saying that.
I've seen many people who commented about how ugly the game looks, and I happen to share that sentiment.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So I might be working a night shift job from now on—cleaning from 11 PM to 7 AM. Does anyone have any experience with night shifts? Or at least have any advice to give me about them?
Yo.

If possible, prepare in advance by switching your sleep schedule over the few days leading up to the first night shift. Your first few nights, you'll feel jet lagged. Both you and your boss really, really want that happening before you start, not as.

Sleep routine is king. Even a rough one. Use days off to recover sleep if you must, but far better to not need to.

Invest in blackout curtains for your bedroom. You may think you'll be fine closing the blinds. You're wrong. Right now, you're wrong. "But I-" no. Invest in the curtains. They ain't that expensive. You're welcome in advance.

Sunlight in the AM will typically give you a second wind. You'll need to fight this as much as possible. Try to avoid caffeine after dawn, unless it's the difference between a safe or dangerous ride home.

Swapping back and forth between day and night shift schedules on your days off is ill-advised. Sounds like a great idea to get the best of both worlds. Usually just turns out to be a great way to **** yourself.

Mentally flip your AM and PM. If you wouldn't do a thing at 4 AM when you have to work a normal shift, don't be caught doing it at 4 PM before a night shift.

Your social life is gonna shrink considerably. Plan your outings carefully. Favor late-evening excursions. If your friends object, offer them the line about flipping AM and PM above.

If you must do a thing during normal business hours, do it from 9A-12P. Otherwise avoid operating during those hours as much as possible. General shopping, for example, can usually be done at 8 or 9 PM if you get up at 7 PM, and that'll mesh far better with a third shift sleep schedule.

Have a way to combat boredom. There's not much going on during third shift hours and everyone you know (except us) will be asleep. Offers a lot of time for personal projects, housework, video games, books, and Netflix binging. Do whatever suits you, but do something, or you'll go nuts.

Know your late night and especially 24 hour businesses. Know where you'll get general supplies, know where you'll get food. You don't want to find out as you need it.

And don't listen to anyone on a swing shift who tries to argue with any of the above - they're all certifiably insane, that's why they're on swing shifts.

Bout does it for general tips. I've been at the third shift game for years; if you have further questions I can probably answer them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Indeed.

It's probably the only reason I'm considering getting it. :/
Same...unless Goku Miis are quickly made in Smash so I don’t have to keep using Lucario
Anime crossovers cant make up for the fact Kurapika looks like a big handed alien
As I have no connection to said character, I can think of no excuses

D

Deleted member

I still can't ****ing believe people are trying to defend **** scene in Goblin Slayer. Like, weebs will really defend anything if it's to "show those sjws".
Just accept every anime is problematic in some way, the only difference is that this one doesn't have anything to make up for it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still can't ****ing believe people are trying to defend **** scene in Goblin Slayer. Like, weebs will really defend anything if it's to "show those sjws".
Just accept every anime is problematic in some way, the only difference is that this one doesn't have anything to make up for it.
Crunchyroll made an apology tweet about not putting up a content warning for that so when Crunchyroll actively acknowledges they ****ed up and want to improve their service on something, you know it's bad

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For me, I think every JoJo anime has been better than the last. Been really enjoying some episodes of Diamond is Unbreakable.

Nah dude I'm saying that cause it's ugly as hell.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
What a coincidence, I JUST talking about this over at the General Anime thread over in Media Metropolis. I don't know too much about the Crunchyroll situation with them not providing a warning or something, but as for the anime itself, I'll have to side with the people who defend it. It sets up the atmosphere of the world, and the scene wasn't too intensive or anything. Certainly could've been much worse.

I typically watch more light-hearted anime like My Hero Academia and Konosuba, so it definitely caught me off-guard. It was a bit disturbing to me, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually looking at Crunchyroll they REALLY dropped the ball as Berserk has content warnings but Goblin Slayer did not so having a scene of multiple people succeed to sexually assault someone without warning is REALLY shocking
Guess they’ll never make that mistake again

D

Deleted member

Crunchyroll made an apology tweet about not putting up a content warning for that so when Crunchyroll actively acknowledges they ****ed up and want to improve their service on something, you know it's bad
I didn't even know it was unwarned when I saw Pedantic's video and that just makes it worse.
"Oh there are worse **** scenes out there"
A) they have warnings in them
B) it doesn't ****ing excuse writing these scenes in

I've seen the GS scene, it's a blatant attempt at fanservice yet also used for simple shock factor which is no different from a certain SAO scene. Even ignoring the implications such a scene brings(which weebs will), it's just lazy writing to caracterize any villain as ****-y to make the audience immediatelly hate them.
These are the exact same reasons people give SAO **** but now it's being completely ignored because the complaints about the conplaints of the **** scene came first.
What a coincidence, I JUST talking about this over at the General Anime thread over in Media Metropolis. I don't know too much about the Crunchyroll situation with them not providing a warning or something, but as for the anime itself, I'll have to side with the people who defend it. It sets up the atmosphere of the world, and the scene wasn't too intensive or anything. Certainly could've been much worse.

I typically watch more light-hearted anime like My Hero Academia and Konosuba, so it definitely caught me off-guard. It was a bit disturbing to me, but nothing that I couldn't handle.
But even if you can handle it personally, a lot of people can't.
And as I've said above, it's just lazy writing. There's no need to include **** of all things just to "set a tone" when the same can be achieved with just the murder part, it just makes people unnecessarily uncomfortable.
Though I don't think I'm really good at explaining these things so I'll just point you to Pedantic's video
Content warning: **** and adult language
https://youtu.be/S56UGEgZiHY

I don't think there's a problem with liking the show(I know I myself have my own guilty pleasures) but I do think there's a problem on simply turning a blind eye to the issues it has.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
After watching an episode of the topic...I must say Crunchy might want to check what’s in each episode of their shows next time

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im out of the fruit loops, what I missed? :V

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All that I retained from what I saw from this new Goblin anime or whatever is that the Goblin Slayer as a cool design.

I think I'm safe on that front.

D

Deleted member

Im out of the fruit loops, what I missed? :V
"Goblin Slayer **** scene is good because it reminds us goblins are nothing but evil monsters and that **** exists"
All that I retained from what I saw from this new Goblin anime or whatever is that the Goblin Slayer as a cool design.

I think I'm safe on that front.
Trust me, that's all I wish I knew about the series.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>The DBS Tournament of Power Saga just premiered in Latin America
>People are already ****ing on the living **** of the new intro singer

Never change, angery Dragon Ball fans
j9lhxytc6fo11.jpg

No, seriously, where's Adrian Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom