• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, it's always kinda bothered me that Samus is a bounty hunter but she rarely ever does that. She's mostly seen and used as a "hero for hire" of sorts instead of a straight up bounty hunter.

I'm not saying they should make an EDGY Metroid game, but I hope a future entry shows the ""darker"" side of being a bounty hunter.
That's because Nintendo doesn't know what a Bounty Hunter is.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oper_reflects_on_cut_content_from_the_trilogy
"Another fascinating tidbit was that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was supposed to be oriented around Samus actually being a bounty hunter, with the player picking up jobs and flying all over the galaxy. Nintendo ended up shooting down the idea because they had a different definition of what a bounty hunter does. Here’s what he said"
I don’t recall any code being written to support the concept, but I remember it being documented and thought through extensively. The inventory system as it was would not have needed significant changes to support the design, and while my recollection is hazy, I believe that the whole misunderstanding of the “bounty” in “bounty hunter” was discovered and talked through pretty quickly after we presented the game concept to Japan. I don’t know how much of the story was fleshed out at this point, Dark Samus or otherwise. I just remember that the original core concept revolved around Samus and her ship doing jobs around the galaxy to both get stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know, it's always kinda bothered me that Samus is a bounty hunter but she rarely ever does that. She's mostly seen and used as a "hero for hire" of sorts instead of a straight up bounty hunter.

I'm not saying they should make an EDGY Metroid game, but I hope a future entry shows the ""darker"" side of being a bounty hunter.
Bounty Hunters can have standards. I mean, some Bounty Hunters could just go after specific bounties that are within their moral boundaries. Besides Samus, there is Noxus, who is a Bounty Hunter who goes after crime and the reason for his appearance was because he didn't want evil to get ahold of this rumoured power.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I feel like I read something before about Retro bringing up doing that and NoJ employees basically recoiling slightly at the idea and kind of revealing they had no idea what bounty hunter actually really meant.

*EDIT* :ultgreninja:Welp:ultgreninja:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Loz18 sent me a lewd too.

It was of Catalyst from XC2 and was legit one of the better fanart I've seen of her, lewd or not. So I can't say I was complaining.

View attachment 169085

The better question is what gacha games don't do that? FE Heroes is the only one I have played that doesn't.
You too? Wasn't Loz18 banned not too long ago?

Well I had some interesting PM discussions with him about XC2, cannot say for sure if he had really played XC2 or not lol.
Well, I was mostly considering it cause black cats are a Halloween theme as back then, black cats were seen as a sign of ill omen or a shapeshifted witch or the familiar of one.
I aware of that but D. VA Black cat design is more leaning towards that... You know.... more moe-y style.... Because I don't think a Black Cat costume consist of a Black yet stylish dress.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With all the games that have duos/teams or sidekicks in platformers, you'd think this'd be done by now. Mario and Luigi? Yoshi and Baby Mario? Sonic and Tails? Mega Man and Rush? Cuphead and Mugman? Mega Man X and Zero? Diddy and Dixie? Banjo and Kazooie? Ratchet and Clank? Samus and The Baby?

Nah, when's Wario Land: Wario & Waluigi?
Which was exactly my point lol. A team up in a Wario Land game would be very welcomed.

I guess I outta drop the topic though in light of what happened. Big purple skinny dude is always a controversial topic lol.

Chrono.

That's because Nintendo doesn't know what a Bounty Hunter is.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oper_reflects_on_cut_content_from_the_trilogy
"Another fascinating tidbit was that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was supposed to be oriented around Samus actually being a bounty hunter, with the player picking up jobs and flying all over the galaxy. Nintendo ended up shooting down the idea because they had a different definition of what a bounty hunter does. Here’s what he said"
Oh goddamn it Nintendo.
Bounty Hunters can have standards. I mean, some Bounty Hunters could just go after specific bounties that are within their moral boundaries. Besides Samus, there is Noxus, who is a Bounty Hunter who goes after crime and the reason for his appearance was because he didn't want evil to get ahold of this rumoured power.
Hey I'm not saying I want to play as, like, a Samus that kills even innocent people for money or has no morals. Because that'd be DmC tier mis-characterization.

Just something a little closer to what being a Bounty Hunter actually is, rather than the usual setup of the galactic federation needing your help etc etc etc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Noxus was actually a bro too. I know the Hunters live at the end of the game, but it sucked seeing him get bopped earlier. Same with Spire who just wanted to use the Dragon Balls Octoliths to bring his race back to life.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>Make a post about an annoying bug in a game that's literally preventing you from playing it
>Get downvoted immediately

I don't know what I expected from reddit.
That's terrible...
Oh wait...
Nintendo and Nintendo fans - forgetting what a dictionary is since 1986.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/9n3x3a/an_unexpected_error_has_occurred/
I get that's a joke but I don't know what are you trying to say (is it a reference to the previous posts about Metriod?) ... But Not gonna lie, I haven't use an actual dictionary for quite some time now lol.

And yeah, but I still haven't seen anyone making comments on your posts, if I were you this is what bugs me the most.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So one of the Insane Clown Posse dudes tried to Dropkick Fred Durst while at a concert, lead singer of Limp Biscuit. And not only did he miss like crazy, Fred also called him a ***** for ****ing it up like crazy.

Of course the real news here is that Fred Durst still draws in a large enough crowd for a concert.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So one of the Insane Clown Posse dudes tried to Dropkick Fred Durst while at a concert, lead singer of Limp Biscuit. And not only did he miss like crazy, Fred also called him a ***** for ****ing it up like crazy.

Of course the real news here is that Fred Durst still draws in a large enough crowd for a concert.
Fred Durst upstaging you. That's gotta hurt :yoshi:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Rosalina is a princess because she wears a gown n' crown"
Yeah, you and I have been annoyed by this for years, especially when these are from those who doesn't care about Rosalina's backstory which was unfortunate.
But this pic is still wrong...

I don't think Sheik is a princess too lol.

And with that stupid logic... Lucina isn't a princess then because you don't see her wearing gown and a crown too.... I mean in the main games not FE Heros.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I misread as "I don't think Shrek is a princess"

He's best Dreamworks princess ofc

Ivander

Smash Legend
Noxus was actually a bro too. I know the Hunters live at the end of the game, but it sucked seeing him get bopped earlier. Same with Spire who just wanted to use the Dragon Balls Octoliths to bring his race back to life.
Well, at the very least, we know that they can come back if Sylux is anything to note. I mean, sure Sylux has the backstory and mysteriousness to support him, but considering after Fusion, Samus isn't exactly in the Federation's good books, that could be potential for a Noxus appearance where he starts as an enemy first as you've been condemned a criminal, but eventually goes to your defense as you prove yourself and your innocence.

That being said, Samus does seriously need some more allies as the main ones like the Baby and the Hunters from Prime 3 were killed, A.D.A.M. likely won't remain an ally for long if the GFD has anything to say, and I doubt they are going to bring back Anthony from Other M. A Luminoth could help, but Nintendo seems to have some dividing thoughts on the Prime series. But really, Samus doesn't really have any allies that don't have an affiliation to the GFD.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Loz18 sent me a lewd too.
It was of Catalyst from XC2 and was legit one of the better fanart I've seen of her, lewd or not. So I can't say I was complaining.
View attachment 169085
Strikes again
Damn, now I feel like I REALLY missed out. :(
One day you’ll spend time with him
I misread as "I don't think Shrek is a princess"

He's best Dreamworks princess ofc
There isn’t much competition

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-Playing Pokemon Reborn

-Fight the poison gym leader

-Jigglypuff bodies half his team.

Jigglypuff gives two ****s about that poison weakness.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys

guys

I'm having a moment.

Look at that FPS.

It's beautiful.

But yeah. Xenia, the Xbox 360 emulator, is open source, and one programmer recently managed to add support for the DirectX12 API. This has fixed issues in tons of games, and a lot more games are rendering close to perfection, even Halo 3.

But my big target of course is Sonic Unleashed. And yeah, it's...really close to perfect.

Anyone who's played the Xbox 360 version knows that it was capped to 30 FPS on the actual hardware. However, by giving Xenia a shortcut and giving that shortcut a "-vsync=false" prompt to disable vsync, it seems to ignore the FPS cap of at least Sonic Unleashed, meaning you can get up to or even beyond 60 FPS. This won't work in all games since some games have physics tied to frame rate, but since Sonic Unleashed is built for PS3 first and foremost with an unlocked frame rate, unlocking the frame rate in the Xbox 360 version does not cause issues and it does not require any changes to the game code itself.

The Werehog plays beautifully in 60 FPS.

There are still a few issues. Some stages have a random chance of crashing. Some areas of the game have vertex explosion issues. The lighting has a few issues. And you cannot create save data, you need to have save data taken from an Xbox 360 console to boot into game. There are also random cases of stutter (this is not an issue specific to this game though and is a bug being ironed out in the emulator). But these are all relatively minor issues and should be fixed in due time (the lighting issue might actually be fixed by tomorrow).

Also it's not in 4K since Xenia currently does not support resolution scaling.

But still, I'm super excited to see the game being emulated so well, and so close to it's tenth anniversary too!

I'll put together a video on this tomorrow. I was actually requested by a commenter on one of my FE Heroes videos to check it out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys

guys

I'm having a moment.

Look at that FPS.

It's beautiful.

But yeah. Xenia, the Xbox 360 emulator, is open source, and one programmer recently managed to add support for the DirectX12 API. This has fixed issues in tons of games, and a lot more games are rendering close to perfection, even Halo 3.

But my big target of course is Sonic Unleashed. And yeah, it's...really close to perfect.

Anyone who's played the Xbox 360 version knows that it was capped to 30 FPS on the actual hardware. However, by giving Xenia a shortcut and giving that shortcut a "-vsync=false" prompt to disable vsync, it seems to ignore the FPS cap of at least Sonic Unleashed, meaning you can get up to or even beyond 60 FPS. This won't work in all games since some games have physics tied to frame rate, but since Sonic Unleashed is built for PS3 first and foremost with an unlocked frame rate, unlocking the frame rate in the Xbox 360 version does not cause issues and it does not require any changes to the game code itself.

The Werehog plays beautifully in 60 FPS.

There are still a few issues. Some stages have a random chance of crashing. Some areas of the game have vertex explosion issues. The lighting has a few issues. And you cannot create save data, you need to have save data taken from an Xbox 360 console to boot into game. There are also random cases of stutter (this is not an issue specific to this game though and is a bug being ironed out in the emulator). But these are all relatively minor issues and should be fixed in due time (the lighting issue might actually be fixed by tomorrow).

Also it's not in 4K since Xenia currently does not support resolution scaling.

But still, I'm super excited to see the game being emulated so well, and so close to it's tenth anniversary too!

I'll put together a video on this tomorrow. I was actually requested by a commenter on one of my FE Heroes videos to check it out.
Ew Werehog Sonic (normal Sonic levels were awesome...but werehog were mehoof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom