• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
I was very calm. I didn't say anything offensive until my last post, after he had already fired many shots. I don't deserve to be compared to Androobie, who was the one who, in my honest opinion, got upset over nothing.
i dont want a further response. he let out his emotions and he will most likely isolate himself for a while to calm down, no need to try to anger him further. just give him an hour or two to chill and he will come back and beg you for forgiveness, guarantee it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You wouldn't really want that.

Mexico has its pros and cons, but the cons surpass everything else, even funny situations as the one he just told.
oh trust me, I know fully that every place has a rotton apple in its apple grove. Half of his stories are funny but sadly, that all involve some sorta bad stuff or a death

Speaking of death, How is that dude with the tigers and Lion doing?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sadly it's the only way Nintendo will ever give him a game lol.

After all these years and he still hasn't appeared in a Wario Land or a WarioWare. Talk about an injustice.
With all the games that have duos/teams or sidekicks in platformers, you'd think this'd be done by now. Mario and Luigi? Yoshi and Baby Mario? Sonic and Tails? Mega Man and Rush? Cuphead and Mugman? Mega Man X and Zero? Diddy and Dixie? Banjo and Kazooie? Ratchet and Clank? Samus and The Baby?

Nah, when's Wario Land: Wario & Waluigi?

Chrono.

With all the games that have duos/teams or sidekicks in platformers, you'd think this'd be done by now. Mario and Luigi? Yoshi and Baby Mario? Sonic and Tails? Mega Man and Rush? Cuphead and Mugman? Mega Man X and Zero? Diddy and Dixie? Banjo and Kazooie? Ratchet and Clank? Samus and The Baby?

Nah, when's Wario Land: Wario & Waluigi?
You left out the most important duo.

250px-Drake_&_Josh_Coverart.png

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Samus and The Baby?
The second I read this, I had horrible Other M flashbacks...I mean, why wouldn't I have them considering the amount of times she says "The baby" there. I know you are referring to something else...but still. o-o

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a lot of spin-off potential in Mario games, at least when it comes to giving other characters a chance to shine, but it's almost never used. Like Luigi has 5 games to his name, one of them is an "Edu-tainment" title, and another is DLC for NSMBU. Peach has one, count 'em, ONE game of her own. So expanding that further with guys like Waluigi or Rosalina is unfortunately into pipe dream territory.

Wario and Yoshi got the most success out of it though. With plenty of their own games, platformers even, with different mechanics and physics that simply wouldn't gel too well with Mario's style of 2D platforming. I mean, it'd be cool if Knuckles or Tails got to headline a different game where the platforming is based more on their strengths rather than just speed, for example.

Some other platformer series handle this in a different way. Like Mega Man, instead of giving certain characters their own game, most of them feature a different cast altogether, with a new Mega Man as the lead. Except the Zero series, where Mega Man X acts like Dr.Light/Zero in X1-X3, strictly as a support character. Outside of that, the closest we got was Mega Man and Bass and that one T. Bonne game.

The real reason a spin-off should exist is to make use of mechanics that the main hero might be able without alienating the fans of the normal games. Mega Man is too weird with wall-jumping and upgrading health? Go make Mega Man X instead. Mario ranking you by coin count and not clearing the level or only dying by time out too weird? Go make Wario Land instead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The second I read this, I had horrible Other M flashbacks...I mean, why wouldn't I have them considering the amount of times she says "The baby" there. I know you are referring to something else...but still. o-o
I mean, yeah. But I was mostly thinking Metroid 2 and Super Metroid in terms of mechanics.

I do wonder how a fully co-op/two character Metroid game would even work like. Federation Force was way more combat focused than the Metroid Prime games, which worked like the 2D games more or less. Castlevania had those games with Jonathan and Charlotte, so a 2D Metroid with two characters could work like that, one projectile character and a melee character or something. But Metroid's all about isolation as it is, so while mechanically sound, it'd be thematically looked down on.

The Samus/Ridley shippers come out of the rock they've been hiding.
And that's when we pelt them with sharper, but smaller rocks right?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The reason they sucked is because their skillset was incredibly limited, even ignoring the fact skills are exvlusive to certain stances. They had, like, 3 skills for the activation of each Stance, 3 skills for each one and the Peerless Stance and damage Skill. And, like, two misc skills. Basically, they had 10 usable skills that always needed prep time and couldn't even be used in conjunction. And their damage output wasn't even good enough to justify it, Alchemist outdamages Ronin even before Compression shenanigans.
Harbinger is a good example of how to do it right, as they have one "Stance" and that only grants secondary effects instead of outright locking the skill(not that they're useful without Miasma Armor though).

So they need skill variety, and either better damage or ability to switch Stances at will.

Also, their Force Boost and Breaks were sad. Almost made me cry once.
Oh, hey, this exists:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/236401-etrian-odyssey-nexus/faqs/76142/skills#ronin-ron

So looking at this, their skills are no longer restricted to only being usable when in a certain stance, instead they just become critical hits if used with the right stance (plus a few skills that get boosted if any stance at all is in effect). A few skills still have being in a stance (but not a specific one) as a requirement, but overall it looks like an improvement. They've got a lot more attack skills to throw out, they don't have to be in a particular stance to use them, and they get a few skills for inflicting ailments too.

Their Force skills are still kind of eh, though, and they still need to use a skill to activate each stance instead of being able to switch between them as long as the stance time is active. Haven't looked too much at others yet to compare damage numbers.

Also, unsurprisingly Ailing Slash ate the nerf hammer; it maxes out at level 6 now, so compared to a level 20 Ailing Slash from EO2U it's doing just over half the damage it used to in this game (650%, down from 1100%).

Chrono.

I signed up for the JUMP FORCE beta literally a minute after it opened up and I still didn't get in.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I signed up for the JUMP FORCE beta literally a minute after it opened up and I still didn't get in.
Same here, purely because it showed up on my timeline on Twitter as soon as it went up.

I'm not too bummed about it because I'm not as crazy hyped for it as I was when Dissidia NT's Closed Beta was happening. I guess this makes it clear that they truly do pick names out of a hat, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please remember that when posting opinions, that you can get criticized for them. In addition, don't be rude if a person is rude either. If someone is rude, report it instead.

Likewise, respect other opinions(you are still free to call out stuff as long as you do so civilly).

Ivander

Smash Legend
What if in a future title, Samus rescued a Little Birdie and a fully grown Ridley rescues her?

In all honesty, I wouldn't exactly mind the idea of Samus teaming up with a Space Pirate in general, especially as Samus needs more allies in her life. But it should not be a Ridley clone nor another one of Ridley's species.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
Please remember that when posting opinions, that you can get criticized for them. In addition, don't be rude if a person is rude either. If someone is rude, report it instead.

Likewise, respect other opinions(you are still free to call out stuff as long as you do so civilly).
well said moderator man

D

Deleted member

Thanks for reminding me that's a thing, I hate it
Too soon, Shish. Too soon.
It's been 30 years
Oh, hey, this exists:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/236401-etrian-odyssey-nexus/faqs/76142/skills#ronin-ron

So looking at this, their skills are no longer restricted to only being usable when in a certain stance, instead they just become critical hits if used with the right stance (plus a few skills that get boosted if any stance at all is in effect). A few skills still have being in a stance (but not a specific one) as a requirement, but overall it looks like an improvement. They've got a lot more attack skills to throw out, they don't have to be in a particular stance to use them, and they get a few skills for inflicting ailments too.

Their Force skills are still kind of eh, though, and they still need to use a skill to activate each stance instead of being able to switch between them as long as the stance time is active. Haven't looked too much at others yet to compare damage numbers.

Also, unsurprisingly Ailing Slash ate the nerf hammer; it maxes out at level 6 now, so compared to a level 20 Ailing Slash from EO2U it's doing just over half the damage it used to in this game (650%, down from 1100%).
>Guaranteed auto activation at the start of battle
>New cool skills
>Binds and ailment infliction
>Requirements turn into Critical hits
>Upper Stance and Clear Stance are actually useful
vwauging8kyz.jpg

Though this...
>Frigid Slash only hits one enemy
>175% damage
****ing rip

rip the ailisng slash dream too

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Very eloquently, and gracefully said, Legendary Spirit Tamer!

And, I'm sorry. :( I've always been under the impression that you were a man...
The avatar doesn't help. I change names and avvies all the time. It's hard to tell, really. It's all good. I'll just correct people as it comes up if they don't know. :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
>Guaranteed auto activation at the start of battle
>New cool skills
>Binds and ailment infliction
>Requirements turn into Critical hits
>Upper Stance and Clear Stance are actually useful
View attachment 169147
You see? I told you they had fixed all the problems with Ronins in this game. Next time you should actually listen to me. :p

Though this...
>Frigid Slash only hits one enemy
>175% damage
****ing rip
...well, they fixed most things, I guess? Suppose there had to be some kind of catch to it.

Besides, they can't do Point Blank and Compression together in this game anyway, so it had already lost some of its value. At least they get other good stuff in return.

Chrono.

Oh yeah, EO Nexus is a thing.

Is it out in Japan yet? I need to know how soon I can indulge in another godly Yuzo Koshiro OST.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh yeah, EO Nexus is a thing.

Is it out in Japan yet? I need to know how soon I can indulge in another godly Yuzo Koshiro OST.
Yes, yes it is, but I'm avoiding the soundtrack until I've actually played the game (like I always do with games like this that I'm looking forward to). It's up on Youtube anyway so it can't be that hard to find.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Eh... Rock is generous. I mean that's a really bad ship. :laugh:
That and they haven't really been hiding. I pay attention to the Metroid fandom even less than most other Nintendo fandoms and I still know that's a thing.

Compatibility be darned, time for fanart of postcoital discussions and unholy lovechildren, ahoy!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Make a post about an annoying bug in a game that's literally preventing you from playing it
>Get downvoted immediately

I don't know what I expected from reddit.

Chrono.

You know, it's always kinda bothered me that Samus is a bounty hunter but she rarely ever does that. She's mostly seen and used as a "hero for hire" of sorts instead of a straight up bounty hunter.

I'm not saying they should make an EDGY Metroid game, but I hope a future entry shows the ""darker"" side of being a bounty hunter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, it's always kinda bothered me that Samus is a bounty hunter but she rarely ever does that. She's mostly seen and used as a "hero for hire" of sorts instead of a straight up bounty hunter.

I'm not saying they should make an EDGY Metroid game, but I hope a future entry shows the ""darker"" side of being a bounty hunter.
Yeah I always found that weird too.

She's much more like a mercenary for hire than a bounty hunter. They should just straight up rebrand her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom