• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And the Overwatch Halloween update is out.
I like the effort they put into the trailer. Also, Soldier's skin is pretty good and very detailed. It ranks up there with Moira and Pharah IMO. Sombra's skin is cheesy and goofy, but in a good way much like Zarya's skin. On the other hand, did Mei need to get an Epic skin? Like this is surprisingly the 3rd year in a row without a Tracer skin. I was expecting Tracer to get at least an Epic, but that's out with Widow, McCree and Mei having the Epics.

That being said, looking at the new Legendary skins, they are much better than Summer Games 2018 skins. Halloween once again delivers with a great set of skins IMO. Also, what's also cool is that the regular Junkenstein's Revenge has added the Junk Endless characters and there are two more characters to play as, Brigitte and Tracer. Definitely nice to have all the available characters from Endless for the original mode.
What's even cooler is that there are new voiced lines for the Junk Endless characters and the new characters for regular Junkenstein Mode. Even if the Event is still mostly the same as last year, at least it's nice to know that effort was still put into this year with the new voiced lines in the mode.

Also, after buying Symmetra's skin, I got my first 3rd Year Halloween skin shortly after from my 4th lootbox(which rocks cause my 3rd box had a Legendary, but it was a regular skin). It was Hammond's Jack O'Lantern skin. Off to a nice start.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Does anybody know how to fix the joysticks for Joycons? I find that my Switch's left Joycon has been sticking or not registering direction inputs lately, even in handheld mode.

I wouldn't want to risk taking it apart, and new Joycons cost about $100 Canadian, so that's more of a last resort.
This sounds a bit like the Joy Con drift that happens to me before...
Now it is the button input unable to input "quickly" , for example, when holding the directional button on the left... instead of going right or left quickly through the Switch menu, it just go very slowly... not sure why...
The Switch version just has lower quality assets, such as less detailed models and lower resolution textures.

If the game uses pre-rendered cutscenes, those are also likely rendered in a lower resolution than the other versions of the game, and that's probably the most major cause in the file size difference if that is the case. The PS4 version might also have multiple copies of certain textures or cutscenes, one for base PS4 and another for PS4 Pro.

Nothing really unusual about it. File size isn't really an indicator of actual game content. I've seen some games that are somewhere over 12 GB, but then 10 GB of that is just the pre-rendered cutscenes. Switch versions of games often do have lower file sizes precisely because they use lower resolution textures and movie files, because the Switch is gonna display the game at a lower resolution anyway so the higher resolution versions take up unnecessary space. Those higher resolution textures would also cause a performance hit.
Ok, yeah.... it is obvious that Switch will be a more weaker version compare to other version... like how our resolution discussion before (Which unfortunately didn't end well), this isn't something that's very surprising thus I personally don't care much if Starlink is gonna have low quality assets as long as it doesn't heavily affect my gameplay experience. Hopefully the framerate will be okay though.

However, I agree that file size doesn't indicate the actual game content, we have already seen many third party games porting to Switch often have a significant storage shrink, which is actually a good thing obviously because Switch only has 32 GB of storage and the biggest capacity of Switch cartridges that is available at this point is only 32 GB as well. And not sure if that's the case if small file size will cause a performance hit in a significant way, because again, some games will, and some other games not much.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like the effort they put into the trailer. Also, Soldier's skin is pretty good and very detailed. It ranks up there with Moira and Pharah IMO. Sombra's skin is cheesy and goofy, but in a good way much like Zarya's skin. On the other hand, did Mei need to get an Epic skin? Like this is surprisingly the 3rd year in a row without a Tracer skin. I was expecting Tracer to get at least an Epic, but that's out with Widow, McCree and Mei having the Epics.

That being said, looking at the new Legendary skins, they are much better than Summer Games 2018 skins. Halloween once again delivers with a great set of skins IMO. Also, what's also cool is that the regular Junkenstein's Revenge has added the Junk Endless characters and there are two more characters to play as, Brigitte and Tracer. Definitely nice to have all the available characters from Endless for the original mode.
What's even cooler is that there are new voiced lines for the Junk Endless characters and the new characters for regular Junkenstein Mode. Even if the Event is still mostly the same as last year, at least it's nice to know that effort was still put into this year with the new voiced lines in the mode.

Also, after buying Symmetra's skin, I got my first 3rd Year Halloween skin shortly after from my 4th lootbox(which rocks cause my 3rd box had a Legendary, but it was a regular skin). It was Hammond's Jack O'Lantern skin. Off to a nice start.
Tracer not getting a skin? That’s surprising

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Whoa it's almost a year since I played Overwatch... I guess this is the best time for me to return to play. Hopefully my friend has the time to play today because I have a day off.

And hm... to me Soldier 76's skin has never been that good ever that good... but I will try my best to get it anyway.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you're looking for a Metroidvania, y'all need to get Guacamelee!: Super Turbo Championship Edition

Last edited:

Chrono.

I fell into hole that is Alex Jones meme comps on Youtube.

Everything this man says is garbage and only appeals to demented old people but he's also ****ing hilarious.

Luig

Confused
Maybe I'll finally get Overwatch this month.

I've procrastinated on doing so for too long.
My friend gave me it for free, which was really nice of him.
I played it for a day, and then got bored and uninstalled it. It just really isn't for me. I can see the appeal but I mainly didn't like the levels I played.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Maybe I'll finally get Overwatch this month.

I've procrastinated on doing so for too long.
DO IT! BUY IT!
There's a halloween costume event going on right now which you'd like, and then we can finally play it together. :) Of course, to play together, you need the PC version.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My friend gave me it for free, which was really nice of him.
I played it for a day, and then got bored and uninstalled it. It just really isn't for me. I can see the appeal but I mainly didn't like the levels I played.
Eh, I get that. If you don't like most of the maps you're playing then it's hard to enjoy the gameplay as a whole.

DO IT! BUY IT!
There's a halloween costume event going on right now which you'd like, and then we can finally play it together. :) Of course, to play together, you need the PC version.
Would be nice to enjoy the spookiness it's got to offer.

And I'm fully intent on getting the PC version, so yeah. :p

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Guess the new music
It's Fire Emblem again

Music Theory is ****ing dead
Again

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tracer not getting a skin? That’s surprising
Well, the first year, she got a skin for every event except Halloween. And she didn't get one because she had already got one for Summer Games back when they were the first Seasonal costumes. Everybody complained Tracer got too many skins, so after the first Anniversary event, Tracer didn't get any skins until the next Anniversary, which was an Epic. Everybody was expecting Tracer to get one for Halloween since it was the only event where she didn't have a skin from and people didn't expect Blizzard to skip the 3rd year.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, the first year, she got a skin for every event except Halloween. And she didn't get one because she had already got one for Summer Games back when they were the first Seasonal costumes. Everybody complained Tracer got too many skins, so after the first Anniversary event, Tracer didn't get any skins until the next Anniversary, which was an Epic. Everybody was expecting Tracer to get one for Halloween since it was the only event where she didn't have a skin from and people didn't expect Blizzard to skip the 3rd year.
I haven’t played in over a year. I just remembered Tracer getting too many skins.

I don’t like Tracer I think she has a pretty bland design for the series mascot.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I haven’t played in over a year. I just remembered Tracer getting too many skins.

I don’t like Tracer I think she has a pretty bland design for the series mascot.
She is pretty straightforward unsurprisingly. That being said, her Graffiti skin is easily my favourite skin. Reminds me alot of Jet Set Radio.

But yeah, the times that I would suggest people to play Overwatch are when the PvE Events are on during Halloween and Archives. The PvE events are very fun to play. Seriously, they would benefit greatly from making the PvE events a mainstay.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
She is pretty straightforward unsurprisingly. That being said, her Graffiti skin is easily my favourite skin. Reminds me alot of Jet Set Radio.

But yeah, the times that I would suggest people to play Overwatch are when the PvE Events are on during Halloween and Archives. The PvE events are very fun to play. Seriously, they would benefit greatly from making the PvE events a mainstay.
Her graffiti skin is my fave too... cause it’s the only good one. lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
And hm... to me Soldier 76's skin has never been that good ever that good... but I will try my best to get it anyway.
I think the best details about his new skin are his mask, as you can actually still see his red eyes blinking and his weapon. His weapon is designed to look like a chainsaw. It even has part of the chain dangling at the front.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It would be Fire Emblem of all franchises to make such a big impact like that again.
It loves taking all of that flak and it just keeps trucking on like Kenshiro casually walking through collapsing skyscrapers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Loz18?

He disappeared and deleted his accounts after Isabelle was revealed and got exposed as a hackfraud.
Well that’s weird. Explains why he never tried talking to me about Punching Out Roman Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom