• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey @Shishœ , just wanted to say that, sadly, I probably won't be able to post and talk about my progress in the PM. It's getting late here, I'm really tired, and due to other stuff during the day that needed my attention, I wasn't able to focus on the summary I showed you before.

So yeah, sorry for that, I hope to be able to work on it tomorrow. If I have anything new to say, I post it in the PM, on those words, I hope you have a good day, see ya next time.

D

Deleted member

Hey @Shishœ , just wanted to say that, sadly, I probably won't be able to post and talk about my progress in the PM. It's getting late here, I'm really tired, and due to other stuff during the day that needed my attention, I wasn't able to focus on the summary I showed you before.

So yeah, sorry for that, I hope to be able to work on it tomorrow. If I have anything new to say, I post it in the PM, on those words, I hope you have a good day, see ya next time.
Don't worry about it and just take your time with it

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Surprise announcement. I am announcing a hiatus.

I will be back in October 26th.

Some of you will be happy, because no more NintenZone drama, right? Also I want to experiment with more things and to do more stuff. I do not know, I feel pretty... Annoying lately. Also I will try to interact with a friend more.

If you do want to talk to me stuff, well friend me on Discord ( ShinyLegendary#3700 ) and my twitter ( @ShinyLegendary ) and we can have a discussion.
Tagging those who may be interested.
Yellowlord Yellowlord @Swamp Sensei praline praline @Coricus Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo redfeatherraven redfeatherraven ( There are more, but I do not want this to be more of a mass tag fest than it already is. )
Before you get mad at me for the mass tagging, I will not be back for two weeks and a half. Just read my message and hear me out, okay? Plus, no more tagging for two weeks and a half.

I am going to ask an administrator to ban me so I can not come back here.

The only exception when I am back is during a Smash Announcement or Direct.

Either way, goodbye!
Enjoy your break, Shiny; hope you feel less stressed out and better overall!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hmm, the file size for Starlink on the PS4 is 17 GB but 12 GB on Switch.

This is interesting since the Switch version has the most content (I'm guess they did some compression)
The Switch version just has lower quality assets, such as less detailed models and lower resolution textures.

If the game uses pre-rendered cutscenes, those are also likely rendered in a lower resolution than the other versions of the game, and that's probably the most major cause in the file size difference if that is the case. The PS4 version might also have multiple copies of certain textures or cutscenes, one for base PS4 and another for PS4 Pro.

Nothing really unusual about it. File size isn't really an indicator of actual game content. I've seen some games that are somewhere over 12 GB, but then 10 GB of that is just the pre-rendered cutscenes. Switch versions of games often do have lower file sizes precisely because they use lower resolution textures and movie files, because the Switch is gonna display the game at a lower resolution anyway so the higher resolution versions take up unnecessary space. Those higher resolution textures would also cause a performance hit.

Luig

Confused
The Switch version just has lower quality assets, such as less detailed models and lower resolution textures.

If the game uses pre-rendered cutscenes, those are also likely rendered in a lower resolution than the other versions of the game, and that's probably the most major cause in the file size difference if that is the case. The PS4 version might also have multiple copies of certain textures or cutscenes, one for base PS4 and another for PS4 Pro.

Nothing really unusual about it. File size isn't really an indicator of actual game content. I've seen some games that are somewhere over 12 GB, but then 10 GB of that is just the pre-rendered cutscenes. Switch versions of games often do have lower file sizes precisely because they use lower resolution textures and movie files, because the Switch is gonna display the game at a lower resolution anyway so the higher resolution versions take up unnecessary space. Those higher resolution textures would also cause a performance hit.
The best example of file size are SEGA CD games. Sonic CD is less than 20mb game and over 450mb redbook audio.
It's the same for a lot of PC games that used redbook too.
You've also got most ISO games that have to use the whole disc image, like luigi's Mansion being about 150mb in all but the ISO still being the 1.35 GB miniDVD standard.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not a fan of O.K. K.O., but I've been considering trying to get into it at some point. It seems like a show that would really be a hit or miss for me from what I know about it so far.

Then I heard the news of a certain Halloween-oriented crossover it's got and now my interest in watching the show has increased.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I used to watch it often when it premiered, but it snuck up on me, and now there are dozens of episodes I haven't watched.

It's currently on my list of cartoons to watch and catch up on, along with Craig of the Creek, Bojack Horseman, Bob's Burgers, and We Bare Bears.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not a fan of O.K. K.O., but I've been considering trying to get into it at some point. It seems like a show that would really be a hit or miss for me from what I know about it so far.

Then I heard the news of a certain Halloween-oriented crossover it's got and now my interest in watching the show has increased.
That crossover was such a crazy but fun idea.
My fav character is Prof Venomous
He’s a great character. Reminds me a bit of tofee from star vs.

D

Deleted member

So turns out Goblin Slayer is just an edgy piece of trash.
I remember seeing some manga panels of it and thinking it was some sort of comedic fantasy story about a guy in armor being weirdly obsessive about slaying goblins but nope. It's just a tryhard "dark and edgy" story with implications of racism.
121e42f4-d048-469c-96ba-c5a10c9331d2.gif

For anyone that might be interested
https://youtu.be/S56UGEgZiHY
Obligatory content warning: **** and adult language

Chrono.

So turns out Goblin Slayer is just an edgy piece of trash.
I remember seeing some manga panels of it and thinking it was some sort of comedic fantasy story about a guy in armor being weirdly obsessive about slaying goblins but nope. It's just a tryhard "dark and edgy" story with implications of racism.
View attachment 168961
For anyone that might be interested
https://youtu.be/S56UGEgZiHY
Obligatory content warning: **** and adult language
So basically Berserk but ****.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Disney: *Fires Gunn* We dont want you anymore.
*Gunn gets offered for other stuff*
Disney: oops
Disney shouldn’t have fired him honestly. Now he’s gonna help DC make another good movie unrelated to Wonder Woman

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My fav character is Prof Venomous
I hear that character's pretty popular. And that he's slick evil scientist who's pretty much a dad to his minion.

He certainly sounds like a fun character and antagonist, lol.

I used to watch it often when it premiered, but it snuck up on me, and now there are dozens of episodes I haven't watched.

It's currently on my list of cartoons to watch and catch up on, along with Craig of the Creek, Bojack Horseman, Bob's Burgers, and We Bare Bears.
I can understand that. I've been a similar way with more than a few shows that I like, falling behind on them dramatically..... and also taking way longer than I should to catch up with them.

That crossover was such a crazy but fun idea.

He’s a great character. Reminds me a bit of tofee from star vs.
I used to watch Scooby Doo movies like Ghoul School, the Boo Brothers, and the darker ones like Zombie Island and Alien Invaders all the time as a kid. I didn't think I'd ever see any characters from those movies ever again. The fact that the the Ghoul School girls made it into a crossover with a modern show unrelated to SD is just nuts, putting it lightly. Seeing them make a comeback period is already one of the last things I expected to see during my lifetime.

When I first saw the guy's design, something about him reminded me of Toffee as well. Still does, actually. I'd ask if his actual characterization was at all similar to Toffee as well, but then again, that's probably gonna risk hearing some spoilers, so I won't. :p

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t even use my xboz one for video games anymore.

I use it exclusively for youtube, twitch, spotify and crunchyroll lol

I’d use it for Netflix if I could remember my password.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Breh, I was supposed to be immune to this kind of tropical ****
imagen.jpeg

The direct better not be on friday if there's one lol.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
While we are discussing ok ko:
Literally everyone is here
I'll believe it when I see Robot Jo-

"He's the first one who shows up in that sequence at the beginning after Ben 10."

OKAY I BELIEVE IT

AND GOOD, FINN IS IN THERE TOO

I was planning to watch this crossover out of sheer curiosity (mostly thanks to Garnet; sorry, TTG and Ben 10 Reboot)) even if I couldn't get into K.O. as a whole, but now I'm actually excited to watch this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Time to finish up school for the day only to wish I was playing Smash Ultimate

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Never watched a proper episode of OK K.O. but I did watch that Cartoon Network crossover episode out of curiosity.

It was really enjoyable, especially as a huge fan of Cartoon Network’s golden days. Never thought I would see the day where Robot Jones makes another appearance, let alone acknowleged in any form.

The city the episode takes place in is even from the CN City ads that played in the mid 2000s, and the part where Ben turns into various CN characters with the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays theme playing was pure, unadulterated fan service.

My only wish was that it was at least 22 minutes long. Being 11 minutes did make it feel rushed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Never watched a proper episode of OK K.O. but I did watch that Cartoon Network crossover episode out of curiosity.

It was really enjoyable, especially as a huge fan of Cartoon Network’s golden days. Never thought I would see the day where Robot Jones makes another appearance, let alone acknowleged in any form.

The city the episode takes place in is even from the CN City ads that played in the mid 2000s, and the part where Ben turns into various CN characters with the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays theme playing was pure, unadulterated fan service.

My only wish was that it was at least 22 minutes long. Being 11 minutes did make it feel rushed.
This.

If it was half hour I think it should have included more of a buildup to everything, maybe throw a song in there because Steven universe is involved and ok ko has had some songs too.

And then maybe in the end they explore the city a bit before going home and meet some of the older characters in a little montage.

Overall it was still great and it’s amazing to see what they accomplishe for 11 minuets. I hope this leads to another crossover in future

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>The last time Shiny went on hiatus we had a direct a few days later
>Today he entered hiatus again.
20180928_130527.jpg

Looking foward for the next Smash reveal this week.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I just watched Memento for the first time and
tumblr_inline_ocwbbknmTc1r0jqkf_540-1.jpg

What the ****
No movie has ****ed me up this badly in a long time. This is the kind of mind****ery films should strive for.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Today I will watch Venom...on bootleg...while also playing WWE 2K19 cause why the **** not?

Also, whatever happened to loz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom