• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Jesus I just got jebaited ****ing hard by the Soul Master in Hollow Knight.

Thought I beat him, picked my power up to go on my way.

Turns out SIKE

HE'S STILL ALIVE AND MUCH MORE VICIOUS THAN BEFORE

CUE PANICKING AND DYING
Soul Masters do not mess around. They are the masters of souls.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I recorded some 4K 60FPS gameplay of Dissidia Opera Omnia.

This was a pain to get working, as I had to leave my computer on overnight to finish the Batch Download and after it finished, it turned out Nox can't boot this game into an actual battle for some reason, likely just an arbitrary restriction in the game itself.

However, I downloaded Bluestacks and that works for this game. I wasn't too hot on using that again because last time I used Bluestacks, it got pretty annoying and intrusive after a while, and it wasn't that fast. However, I must say, that the new Bluestacks 4.0 is actually really good. Other than ads occasionally being a thing unless you subscribe, it works really well.

Opera Omnia really benefits from being in 4K and on PC, as it's an actual 3D rendered game and not just using sprites like FE Heroes and KHUx. While those games do look nicer in 4K, they are mostly upsclaed as most of the assets are built for a 1440p resolution at most. 3D graphics scale to your native resolution that you set though, so Opera Omnia takes full advantage of that.

The game's interface works really well for PC, to the point where I think Square Enix should release this game on the Windows Store or on Steam, and give it cross-compatibility with the mobile version.

It's been a while since I played the game but I might get back into it. I might even start a second account to do a playthrough of it, like with FE Heroes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I recorded some 4K 60FPS gameplay of Dissidia Opera Omnia.

This was a pain to get working, as I had to leave my computer on overnight to finish the Batch Download and after it finished, it turned out Nox can't boot this game into an actual battle for some reason, likely just an arbitrary restriction in the game itself.

However, I downloaded Bluestacks and that works for this game. I wasn't to hot on using that again because last time I used Bluestacks, it got pretty annoying and intrusive after a while, and it wasn't that fast. However, I must say, that the new Bluestacks 4.0 is actually really good. Other than ads occasionally being a thing unless you subscribe, it works really well.

Opera Omnia really benefits from being in 4K and on PC, as it's an actual 3D rendered game and not just using sprites like FE Heroes and KHUx. While those games do look nicer in 4K, they are mostly upsclaed as most of the assets are built for a 1440p resolution at most. 3D graphics scale to your native resolution that you set though, so Opera Omnia takes full advantage of that.

The game's interface works really well for PC, to the point where I think Square Enix should release this game on the Windows Store or on Steam, and give it cross-compatibility with the mobile version.

It's been a while since I played the game but I might get back into it. I might even start a second account to do a playthrough of it, like with FE Heroes.
Those graphics are fantastic for a game like that.

D

Deleted member

Hello. How is everyone doing?
Relaxed.

I am making plans for language learning ( Currently in Spanish classes and then after that French classes. I want to learn French, but learning two languages at once is practically impossible. ).

I hope you are having a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

FEH Builders is Wack.
no.png
235236263.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
but learning two languages at once is practically impossible.
You'd hate to have had to go to school in Ireland, then, over here in secondary school you have to learn both Irish and a foreign language. Granted, you start learning Irish from primary school, but still. I didn't mind it since I like studying languages and linguistics, but it's not popular with most people.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I’m good. My hand hurts a bit but otherwise I’m alright.

How about you?
:) Not so bad, trying to find ways to make my Ridley comics a little bit easier.

:> And you? How have been things going at your end?
Glad to hear you all are doing well (and @ShinyLegendary too)

Not feeling well tbh. My stomach is sore and I feel tired. Keeping up with the hockey game and watching Mad Men is nice though. Right now the Maple Leafs are up against the Chicago Blackhawks 4-3, which is good.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Not feeling well tbh. My stomach is sore and I feel tired. Keeping up with the hockey game and watching Mad Men is nice though. Right now the Maple Leafs are up against the Chicago Blackhawks 4-3, which is good.
Oh my, I hope you feel better soon! D: And it is great you are having a nice time watching sports and series! Anything so you can distract yourself from the bothersome feeling!

D

Deleted member

Would you like some chicken soup? Also thank you. :)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh my, I hope you feel better soon! D: And it is great you are having a nice time watching sports and series! Anything so you can distract yourself from the bothersome feeling!
Would you like some chicken soup? Also thank you. :)
Thanks haha. I love my Toronto Maple Leafs (despite being American and living in the States...)
I don't want food right now tbh. I'm bloated. Then again, I'm used to this feeling since my stomach is sensitive so eh.

D

Deleted member

I am actually really attached to this avatar. It kind of fits my mood sometimes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
With how NES games are Online-exclusive, I wonder what they'll do with other generations. I mean sure SNES Classic is already a thing, and that would imply that the N64 and maybe even the goddamn Gamecube is gonna get the same treatment, but it still feels lacking that Virtual Console is now just its own peripheral at this pace. I'm surprised we didn't get a Gameboy Classic yet, that's actually pretty weird with how large the good library of games there are.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Took a while, but Overwatch finally revealed a new skin today.
Well, can't say nobody called this after the PTR Leak. But that being said, how can you not like it? It's a little gremlin in a pumpkin mech. What's not to love? Sure, it's going to be hit or miss with some people due to it being Wrecking Ball/Hammond in general. But it's a good skin in it's own right. I wouldn't say it's as strong as Moira's or Pharah's, but it's certainly not a weak skin.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I am actually really attached to this avatar. It kind of fits my mood sometimes.
You mean a chipper-arse cinnamon roll pouting in moderate frustration because of people poking fun at him?

Yeah I guess that works.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Hello. How is everyone doing?
I'm doing pretty good, but I'm somewhat bored at the moment. I haven't been too busy lately. I've had quite a lot of free time in the past week, which feels very strange compared to last year (at least, December and the second semester of last year), where I would usually only have about an hour or two of free time before I go to bed. I'm not complaining though, as I do prefer to have a lot of free time.

Chrono.

With how NES games are Online-exclusive, I wonder what they'll do with other generations. I mean sure SNES Classic is already a thing, and that would imply that the N64 and maybe even the goddamn Gamecube is gonna get the same treatment, but it still feels lacking that Virtual Console is now just its own peripheral at this pace. I'm surprised we didn't get a Gameboy Classic yet, that's actually pretty weird with how large the good library of games there are.
N64 is pretty likely happening.

Question is when and if it's getting an extra goodie like Star Fox 2 for the SNES.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You'd hate to have had to go to school in Ireland, then, over here in secondary school you have to learn both Irish and a foreign language. Granted, you start learning Irish from primary school, but still. I didn't mind it since I like studying languages and linguistics, but it's not popular with most people.
Not necessarily, I think the third language is only forced upon you for first year in secondary school. At least that was my experience.

In primary school, it was just English and Irish. Then in first year in secondary school, I learned French. I continued French until third year but I did have the choice to drop it.

The other language subject at my school was Latin, but it wasn't mandatory to do the three languages IIRC. There were a few elective subjects and French and Latin were among them. But you only had to pick two or three elective subjects, and there was more than five in total. Woodwork, Music, and Tech Graphics were some of the others. I think Art was elective as well.

Transition Year was transition year. Completely optional in general and it's only language classes were English and Irish.

Then for the Leaving Cert, I dropped French, leaving English and Irish as my only languages. There were a lot of electives for the Leaving Cert, but IIRC you only needed to do 7 subjects total. English, Irish, and Maths were mandatory. It was also mandatory to do one of the science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics). The remaining three were up to you and there were a lot of options. I went with Biology for the science subject, and my electives were Economics, Geography, and Art. I also did the I.T course though that was considered separate from the Leaving Cert itself, and I did non-examination Religion (optional class you didn't get examined on, it was more of a general mental health class though. Actual Examination Religion was an elective though).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
About 1/5th of the way through Madrigal's Guide to Spanish. Been an excellent book so far, but I'm hoping to have time to speaking Spanish with someone haha

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dang it! The Super Mario Cereal with amiibo are still low prices on eBay despite the fact they've been now selling the cereal in stores without the amiibo for months.

The reason I got two boxes last year was to sell one of them on eBay later on for easy money.

Probably never going to happen at this rate.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dang it! The Super Mario Cereal with amiibo are still low prices on eBay despite the fact they've been now selling the cereal in stores without the amiibo for months.

The reason I got two boxes last year was to sell one of them on eBay later on for easy money.

Probably never going to happen at this rate.
That’s pretty ****ty.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Not necessarily, I think the third language is only forced upon you for first year in secondary school. At least that was my experience.

In primary school, it was just English and Irish. Then in first year in secondary school, I learned French. I continued French until third year but I did have the choice to drop it.

The other language subject at my school was Latin, but it wasn't mandatory to do the three languages IIRC. There were a few elective subjects and French and Latin were among them. But you only had to pick two or three elective subjects, and there was more than five in total. Woodwork, Music, and Tech Graphics were some of the others. I think Art was elective as well.

Transition Year was transition year. Completely optional in general and it's only language classes were English and Irish.

Then for the Leaving Cert, I dropped French, leaving English and Irish as my only languages. There were a lot of electives for the Leaving Cert, but IIRC you only needed to do 7 subjects total. English, Irish, and Maths were mandatory. It was also mandatory to do one of the science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics). The remaining three were up to you and there were a lot of options. I went with Biology for the science subject, and my electives were Economics, Geography, and Art. I also did the I.T course though that was considered separate from the Leaving Cert itself, and I did non-examination Religion (optional class you didn't get examined on, it was more of a general mental health class though. Actual Examination Religion was an elective though).
In my school the foreign language was compulsory (so I had all three languages right up to the Leaving Cert), and based on what I've heard from other schools at least in this area, it's the same for them too. So I figured it was the same almost everywhere.

I went to a pretty small school in a rural area (about 150 students in total across all five years), so things like transition year and computer classes just didn't exist there even as options, and we probably didn't have as many optional subjects as other schools would have. We had French or German as language options, Biology, Physics, and Agricultural Science for the science subjects (they used to offer chemistry, but dropped it due to lack of interest), and then common stuff like construction, engineering, home economics, business studies, and so on. We also had religion, but we didn't have the option to take it as an exam subject. Myself, I ended up doing French, Physics, tech graphics, business, and accounting (I had one extra subject).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In my school the foreign language was compulsory (so I had all three languages right up to the Leaving Cert), and based on what I've heard from other schools at least in this area, it's the same for them too. So I figured it was the same almost everywhere.

I went to a pretty small school in a rural area (about 150 students in total across all five years), so things like transition year and computer classes just didn't exist there even as options, and we probably didn't have as many optional subjects as other schools would have. We had French or German as language options, Biology, Physics, and Agricultural Science for the science subjects (they used to offer chemistry, but dropped it due to lack of interest), and then common stuff like construction, engineering, home economics, business studies, and so on. We also had religion, but we didn't have the option to take it as an exam subject. Myself, I ended up doing French, Physics, tech graphics, business, and accounting (I had one extra subject).
That would explain it. My secondary school was in a large, still growing town. There were over 750 students, maybe even 800 at one point. It was also an all-boys secondary school that was set up by the church originally, so the subject choices were geared towards that demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom