• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sometimes you got to call a spade a spade. You don't owe it to anybody to put up with their never-ending baggage.
After you joined a group game without checking the requirements and then immediately left on the basis of "screw you guys," I'm not sure how much I trust your empathy or judgement.

I mean, I don't feel comfy getting this harsh, but if that's how you say it works. . .

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What is this strange movie and why is it bad?
Essentially "Japanese Public Baths are amazing the movie" part 2. A guy travels in time from Rome using the power of public baths in order to improve the Roman public baths. All the Romans are played by Japanese people and the humor is just not there.

D

Deleted member

Look. I'm pretty sure I have some kind of trauma from the Sonic hatedom/"fandom." I'm pretty sure they do too. Once that gets ingrained, telling them to "suck it up" is BAD advice. Because there are HORRID places on the internet, and once you've seen enough of it ANY negativity can be a reminder. Regardless of subject, regardless of seriousness.

If you can't account for that, you haven't seen what I have and felt what I've felt. Plain and simple. And you DEFINITELY don't have the qualifications to advise the puff.
I have trauma from the Sonic fandom too. Someone in VRChat read a Sonic fan fiction and....
One part was somehow this "rebirth" thing happened, and Knuckle's mother was Rouge the Bat. Do not even ask me why.

Sorry for overreacting in here.
To end it on a positive note, puppies and kittens!
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Essentially "Japanese Public Baths are amazing the movie" part 2. A guy travels in time from Rome using the power of public baths in order to improve the Roman public baths. All the Romans are played by Japanese people and the humor is just not there.
So I take it the first one isn’t nearly as bad?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Literally the only questions I have are how did you find this and why did you watch it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But...

But why?

Wait, what was the first one about?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Someone tried to remake Hot Tub Time Machine for the Japanese market?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That actually sounds pretty cool; imagine taking a **** and suddenly hear the lions of the Colosseum from behind the door.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have trauma from the Sonic fandom too. Someone in VRChat read a Sonic fan fiction and....
One part was somehow this "rebirth" thing happened, and Knuckle's mother was Rouge the Bat. Do not even ask me why.

Sorry for overreacting in here.
To end it on a positive note, puppies and kittens!

:D
Rebirth. . .?

Ah shucks, did someone on there play Sonic Dreams Collection?

Anyway, Sonic fanfic always struck me as trashy, but I'd assume it follows the same rule as fanart to where the nasty stuff only comes out in the open either if you're deliberately looking for it or if someone does what the VRChat guy did and drags it out into the open.

Unless you're on DA or reading crackfic, in which case EVERY fandom is a minefield.

Basically it's usually the fault of the idiots making fun of the fandom in this kind of situation rather than the fandom itself.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
But...

But why?

Wait, what was the first one about?
Same idea. Roman travels in time to check out Japanese public baths, and uses those ideas to improve Roman ones.

There's also a love story in these movies.

So.

Someone tried to remake Hot Tub Time Machine for the Japanese market?
It's actually based on a Manga I think.

Is it also about japanese bath rooms?
Yes, yes it is.

I should mention I saw this movie on an airplane and I turned it off 30 minutes in.

A lot of Japanese movies are pretty bad. Stories don't make sense, the acting isn't good, special effects aren't there.

If anyone has seen Death Note: L Change the World, that's a good representation of Japanese movies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That actually sounds pretty cool; imagine taking a **** and suddenly hear the lions of the Colosseum from behind the door.
I'm pretty sure you have that sequence of events backwards.

D

Deleted member

I feel sick in my stomach for being a bad person... I really do feel regret. I am also lacking sleep time.
....or having your clock talk!
day.gif

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A lot of Japanese movies are pretty bad. Stories don't make sense, the acting isn't good, special effects aren't there.

If anyone has seen Death Note: L Change the World, that's a good representation of Japanese movies.
Could you maybe expand on why Japanese movies are bad?

Are they at least appealing to the native culture?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Okay then, my bad for talking when I'm not supposed to... Guess it was a bad time to post.
Look. I'm pretty sure I have some kind of trauma from the Sonic hatedom/"fandom." I'm pretty sure they do too. Once that gets ingrained, telling them to "suck it up" is BAD advice. Because there are HORRID places on the internet, and once you've seen enough of it ANY negativity can be a reminder. Regardless of subject, regardless of seriousness.

If you can't account for that, you haven't seen what I have and felt what I've felt. Plain and simple. And you DEFINITELY don't have the qualifications to advise the puff
I... don't know what to say about that honestly. Guess I've never gotten so invested in a fandom. I apologize if what I said made anyone uncomfortable...

Now I'm the one that feels bad hahaha. I shall take my leave for today...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Could you maybe expand on why Japanese movies are bad?

Are they at least appealing to the native culture?
I've touched upon this in the post you quoted but essentially there is funding for Japanese movies, but it's not on the same level as Hollywood.

A lot of Japanese actors aren't that good. The performance just isn't believable half the time, and a lot of times characters are written to be single dimensional. If there's a character that's going to be a love interest, THATS their ONLY role. Showing personal conflict doesn't happen a lot.

A lot of movies are based on novels/ manga or dramas. There is a focus on yearly releases for a lot of anime movies (Doraemon, Shin-chan, Pokemon, etc). I'm not too interested in those so I can't comment too much.

Representation of foreigners or the West is also pretty bad. They tend to lump foreigners into the comedy role. Foreigners will be played by Japanese. Remember, black face is still a thing in Japan. Lots of "Japan is the best!!!" moments on TV and in movies.

Special effects just aren't on the same level as America. It might be budget constraints or just experience.

There are some good Japanese movies.

Kurosawa and Beat Takeshi are two of my favorite directors. They've also pushed their genres considerably.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also pretty sure bathhouses are giant communal bathtubs and not toilets, guys.

Like, with actual bathing. And in the case of the Japanese, ones that run off hot springs and sell ice cream.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've touched upon this in the post you quoted but essentially there is funding for Japanese movies, but it's not on the same level as Hollywood.

A lot of Japanese actors aren't that good. The performance just isn't believable half the time, and a lot of times characters are written to be single dimensional. If there's a character that's going to be a love interest, THATS their ONLY role. Showing personal conflict doesn't happen a lot.

A lot of movies are based on novels/ manga or dramas. There is a focus on yearly releases for a lot of anime movies (Doraemon, Shin-chan, Pokemon, etc). I'm not too interested in those so I can't comment too much.

Representation of foreigners or the West is also pretty bad. They tend to lump foreigners into the comedy role. Foreigners will be played by Japanese. Remember, black face is still a thing in Japan. Lots of "Japan is the best!!!" moments on TV and in movies.

Special effects just aren't on the same level as America. It might be budget constraints or just experience.

There are some good Japanese movies.

Kurosawa and Beat Takeshi are two of my favorite directors. They've also pushed their genres considerably.
What are your thoughts on the Godzilla movies?

Are they typical quality of Japanese movies?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Also pretty sure bathhouses are giant communal bathtubs and not toilets, guys.

Like, with actual bathing. And in the case of the Japanese, ones that run off hot springs and sell ice cream.
....well if someone ****s on the bath they deserve to be sent to the Colosseum with the lions anyway.

Damn, I should sell my dumb*** ideas and make them movies in Japan to make sum money.

D

Deleted member

I am sorry for acting like a jerk. I will end the negativity.
To be positive, I hope everyone has a good day. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IS really wants money. The falchion banner apparently has a really low appearance rate as opposed to it being the Most common like on every other banner. I did a free pull and there was one green. I was like “ let’s pull this maybe I’ll get good fodder or even a Sonya” and then:
I actuallly got my first ******* Sonya! I really wanted her for a long time and I can’t believe that I actually got her when thinking about it. She’s plus speed minus res which is relatively good! Now I have something to do in heroes before the update!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What are your thoughts on the Godzilla movies?

Are they typical quality of Japanese movies?
I've only seen the really old one, so I can't comment on them too much.

If you've ever seen Japanese dramas like Hanayori Dango, or Densha Otoko that's more typical (and popular) within Japan.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I had to find other things to do for 30 minutes.

It was horrifying.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I do not post in socials often so I do not know the unspoken rules of when to change a subject.

But I will forever be upset that :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: are still the wrong stock icons.

D

Deleted member

@Flight
this is amazing. it combines a lot of things and exiting theories together.
Also you get to see how bayo is drawn.

Im watching all his bayo vids now.
His drawing kind of looks like something Mari Shimazaki would draw. Kind of nailed her style. Looks good!
About that, I need to draw more. I haven't done that in all of February.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I took the other thirty minute downtime to make myself some soup.

It wasn't as horrifying as earlier, but it did come from a can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom