• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like her just because of her design... is there something wrong with that?
Like Lampy said, a good design doesn't equal a good character. (Or else, we will be in a heaven of good stories now those days)

Don't get me wrong, I think Pyra is a good character. Not the best (that goes to the ZEKENATOR) but she is one of my favourite. My avatar is here for a reason after all.:p

And yes, you can like her design. But be more precise in your post, or else, you will give the wrong impression. And that, that's noooo good.

D

Deleted member

Nothing wrong, but don't go ahead and say that a character is good just because they look good.

Appearances can be very misleading.
Oh I guess I can see what you mean. I should really learn more about the character than liking them I guess.
"cough cough Anime traps cough cough"

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh I guess I can see what you mean. I should really learn more about the character than liking them I guess.
Didn't necessarily mean traps.

Just that a character's design isn't always synonymous with what kind of character they are.

You're still allowed to like the design, just don't say you think they're a good character when you know nothing beyond their design. Just say they look good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't necessarily mean traps.

Just that a character's design isn't always synonymous with what kind of character they are.

You're still allowed to like the design, just don't say you think they're a good character when you know nothing beyond their design. Just say they look good.
Okay.
+Someone told me Pyra is a good character before all of you did.
I just think Pyra has a nice design because that tight clothing though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay.
...You know that, me saying that Pyra is a good character doesn't make her a good character for you. You could very well play the game and not like her personality. You can't just take peoples words and go on with it.

D

Deleted member

...You know that, me saying that Pyra is a good character doesn't make her a good character for you. You could very well play the game and not like her personality. You can't just take peoples words and go on with it.
Not you! Swamp told me she is a good character.
To fully believe she is a good character, I checked cutscenes of her.
She is supportive and nice, which makes me like her.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They played the game, so they have a good idea of who the character is.

You didn't, and saying someone's a good character just because someone else did is some high-level bandwagoning.

Basically this.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member

I found Ryoma's design to be ****ing awesome, but I'd be lying if I said I cared about him as a character.

\(°|°)/

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Question:
What is more unsettling?
Don't Hug Me I am Scared or Doki Doki Literature Club?
That is honestly a tricky one, because both do not unsettle me in any way.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, you watched one cutscene with her and that was it?

I mean, I guess she have some great personality, if you know what I mean...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah, you can't just say she is a good character based off one person telling you she is good. And watching one out of context cutscene that show her being nice and all.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't get me wrong, I think Pyra is a good character. Not the best (that goes to the ZEKENATOR) but she is one of my favourite. My avatar is here for a reason after all.:p
Yeah, that being said... You can still like a character's design but dislike the character's characteristic.

Zeke's initial introduction was too cliché ... It wasn't until chapter 6 where man... He's a totally a different person.
Okay.
Tight clothing?
You ain't seeing anything yet.....
Hey, there some anime trap character that are good characters as well.

Floren... Eh... I haven't do his Quest so... Not sure.
Example :Maruruk from Made In Abyss

Ivander

Smash Legend
Bandwagoning. A.K.A. "A Man chooses. A Slave obeys." in 1 word form.

Also, I'm angry at the Legendary Ephraim Banner. Not a single 5-star still(give me a Blue 5-star already!) and I'm at 11.00% on 5-star.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I said I watched multiple, more than five. I like her a lot. I do like Mythra a lot as well.

I still wanted to point that out.
In order of chapter? Out of orders? To the first chapter to chapter 2? In a sidequest?

I don't know man, on a RPG of Xenoblade 2 scale. 5 cutscene seem to be too little to have a full opinion on like, the main character of the story.

But I guess if you like her...tight outfit I'm not going to judge.:4diddy:
Yeah, that being said... You can still like a character's design but dislike the character's characteristic.

Zeke's initial introduction was too cliché ... It wasn't until chapter 6 where man... He's a totally a different person.

Tight clothing?
You ain't seeing anything yet.....

Hey, there some anime trap character that are good characters as well.

Floren... Eh... I haven't do his Quest so... Not sure.
Example :Maruruk from Made In Abyss
Zeke introduction is perfect, fight me.:4ryu:

D

Deleted member

I just remembered the most shining example of why you shouldn't be judging something based on design (to me at least)

I remember how I much I loved this thing pre release and wanted to use it so badly. Then I found out it had a base speed of ****ing 45
Not the exact same situation, but... you get my point.

\(°|°)/

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just... Go and play the game.... Or watch some gameplay video if you don't mind spoilers.
Or you can chat with me on PM.
I also have to say this too
Bad design =/= bad characters as well.
There are plenty in XC2 when it comes to blades....
I never like Boreas design but man he's hilarious.
Also Godfrey, a bit, but hey I like his characteristic.
Zeke introduction is perfect, fight me.:4ryu:
Ok
Zeke facing off against Rex ... But just being an idiot and having a turtle as a mascot? I mean we knew he wasn't a real antagonist thanks to the trailers.... But how he wasn't serious and he always end up with messing himself up... Just so cliché ... And it's not even funny tbh .

2nd time in Mor Ardain was even more awkward... This nearly made me concern when it comes to Zeke...

It would be nice it he was really trying to stop Rex and not screwing up (which means he should be similar to Morag) , it can happen and hell, even make Zeke more awesome character like this.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just remembered the most shining example of why you shouldn't be judging something based on design (to me at least)

I remember how I much I loved this thing pre release and wanted to use it so badly. Then I found out it had a base speed of ****ing 45

\(°|°)/
Hey, at least Vikavolt is great for Trick Room teams. And you can't go wrong with it's Special Attack, Levitate ability and it's decent movepool, like Roost and Energy Ball.

D

Deleted member

Have you even watched enough DDLC to warrant such a statement?

Because no goddamn game gets a "Psychological Horror" tag without being unsettling.
I played through the entire game, I know what happens.
Yes Yuri kills herself with a knife and the game gets weird when Sayori is pulled out of the picture and you have to surf the files, and there are multiple endings until you have to delete your save file. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, PLEASE. Yet I am not scared.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yes Yuri kills herself with a knife and the game gets weird when Sayori is pulled out of the picture and you have to surf the files, and there are multiple endings until you have to delete your save file. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, PLEASE. Yet I am not scared.
You don't need to be scared to be unsettled. Unsettled is far from being scared. And considering you talk about having issues that are also prominent in DDLC, I find it hard to believe you would not be unsettled.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You don't need to be scared for something to be unsettling...

EDIT: I think I got ninja'd...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, at least Vikavolt is great for Trick Room teams. And you can't go wrong with it's Special Attack, Levitate ability and it's decent movepool, like Roost and Energy Ball.
Eh I guess. I don't really play competitively.
Mostly talking playthrough wise. And being an electric type WITH WINGS, I expected it to be super fast so that was my main source of diappointment. Decidueye's speed was also disappointing but it's not that far from what I expected.

\(°|°)/

D

Deleted member

You don't need to be scared to be unsettled. Unsettled is far from being scared. And considering you talk about having issues that are also prominent in DDLC, I find it hard to believe you would not be unsettled.
Trust me, I am good at not being unsettled by fiction in general. I played the game before the issues arrived.

\(°|°)/
Vikavolt is bad.
Only dangerous when in Trick Room to be honest.
sigh.PNG

You don't need to be scared for something to be unsettling...

EDIT: I think I got ninja'd...
Oh okay. Still it did not unsettle me, and I did play the game before my depression.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Eh I guess. I don't really play competitively.
Mostly talking playthrough wise. And being an electric type WITH WINGS, I expected it to be super fast so that was my main source of diappointment. Decidueye's speed was also disappointing but it's not that far from what I expected.

\(°|°)/
Hey, we don't always get what we want. But the players dedicated to their favourites or the ones they like will always find a way to make them work. And it's something that can be admired about players, even if at some points, they can be a bit obsessive. And that knowledge can help other players who want to use something they like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, we don't always get what we want. But the players dedicated to their favourites or the ones they like will always find a way to make them work. And it's something that can be admired about players, even if at some points, they can be a bit obsessive. And that knowledge can help other players who want to use something they like.
I never said others can't use Vikavolt properly. I just said that I don't like it myself because i don't like what they did with its stats.

\(°|°)/

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just... Go and play the game.... Or watch some gameplay video if you don't mind spoilers.
Or you can chat with me on PM.

I also have to say this too
Bad design =/= bad characters as well.
There are plenty in XC2 when it comes to blades....
I never like Boreas design but man he's hilarious.
Also Godfrey, a bit, but hey I like his characteristic.

Ok
Zeke facing off against Rex ... But just being an idiot and having a turtle as a mascot? I mean we knew he wasn't a real antagonist thanks to the trailers.... But how he wasn't serious and he always end up with messing himself up... Just so cliché ... And it's not even funny tbh .

2nd time in Mor Ardain was even more awkward... This nearly made me concern when it comes to Zeke...

It would be nice it he was really trying to stop Rex and not screwing up (which means he should be similar to Morag) , it can happen and hell, even make Zeke more awesome character like this.
I don't know man, I don't see many peoples with a turtle as a mascot (plus that kinda make sense when you know from what place Zeke came from). Plus

Zeke goal was just to spy and test out the party to see if they were worthy of the aegis (fro him & the praetor). The whole "I'm taking the aegis for myself" was just for Rex to go all out on him so that he wouldn't hold back (since this is Rex we are talking about). If he wasn't for his bad luck, he would have already stopped fighting the group after the first fight. But since he was so unlucky, twice, he decided to go all out on the third encounter and go serious mode. (Like, why didn't you mentino the final encounter?)

Zeke shouldn't be similar to Morag, in contrary, Zeke is interesting because he is the opposite of Morag. He is a goofball with horrible luck and look like a third rate driver, but if he take things seriously, he can be as dangerous as the Flamebringer if not more (he is not called Thunderbolt for nothing!) Plus, he can be really serious if he want to. If he was serious from the start, then his latter, more serious moment would be not suprising, he be just a less interesting TG Morag. And as great Morag is, having two Morag in the party would be just dull.

In any case, you have the right to say that Zeke shenanigan isn't funny to you. But don't say he should be like Morag.

D

Deleted member

He's one of the best wallbreakers in NU. He's far from bad.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-nu-viability-rankings.3622107/
It is in B+ of the NU tier list, which is not bad.
Vikavolt is still bad though. I would say OU, BL and UU pokemon are fine for competitive battling. Considering Vikavolt is in NU, that does make it good overall.
I never said others can't use Vikavolt properly. I just said that I don't like it myself because i don't like what they did with its stats.

\(°|°)/
If Vikavolt had a speed of 145 like its special attack stat and still had that 145 special attack stat than it would be at the top tier of OU or even potentially sent to Ubers. That typing is really good, only weak to Fire and Rock. The speed does really hinder it, and its defenses could be better as well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You guys need to stop talking smack about this dude...

He'll take your life!

Ivander

Smash Legend
He's one of the best wallbreakers in NU. He's far from bad.
Anything other than OU or Ubers is bad......according to most players and their inanimate Tier list masters.

As I said before, "A Man chooses. A Slave obeys."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks a lot, friend. :)
No problem my fellow friend, as a creator who-really-didn't-created-alot-lately-please-understand-Xenoblade-2-is-stealing-my-life, I always try to support creators I like as best as I can. So, no problemo!^^ Also, the sprite in my avi wasn't made by me, don't let the comment under my avi fool you.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
D

Deleted member

You just proved he's not bad and still state he's bad. Shiny please.

Not if you're playing RU and below, where they are banned.
To clarify, here is what I mean.
Vikavolt is not bad in NU, but bad in the above tears.
Especially if you want to do competitive OU battling.
Vikavolt is not that good in RU either.
I would say RU are Pokemon that are just not good enough for the competitive OU place overall. Albiet there are some PU Pokemon who can be noteworthy in OU ( Qwilfish ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom