• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Azama got some FE Cipher cards drawn by Ippei.

I will always post Ippei.

We get Ippei Azama and we also get the HD version of Exalt Lucina. All in all, we all win.
And now, HD Summer Lucina and Ryoma when?
Also there's a Chibi Chrom and Chibi Ike card.
But....I posted those already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That new Lucina alt says one thing, we are getting a new Lucina alt in FEH.

D

Deleted member

its not in the best of conditons, really don't think they were made to last that long, but ya it still props on up
Still, that is impressive.

Speaking of Playstation, my Playstation 4 Pro is just collecting dust because of a lack of great games that I have.

Thankfully I plan on getting Spiderman PS4. But when?

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
All right, let me take a listen at your favorite Chrono. song please.
Favorites is a thing I very rarely do, and I can't decide from this OST.

A few come to mind - Chronopolis, Dreamwatch of Time, Another Termina, Edge of Death, Dragon God - but I'm going to forget a dozen good ones easy.

Best thing I can do is pass the playlist.

You’ll need a ps1. I don’t know what else it’s on.
Not a damn thing.

To my chagrin, as somehow I managed to forget about it before EmuParadise went offline, and I lack both a CD drive that can dump my copy and the knowhow to repair my PS1.

D

Deleted member

THEN ENLIGHTEN ME BECAUSE I DIDN'T BUY A CRAPPY GAME THAT SERVED ONLY TO GO "OH NO LUSAMINE ISN'T ACTUALLY EVIL" AND HOW DO THEY EXPLAIN THAT THE GIANT ****ING ROCK WITH MULTIPLE ROCK MOVES AND ROCK POLISH ISN'T A ROCK TYPE
NEITHER DID I BUT AT LEAST I READ THE ****ING PLOT SYNOPSIS ALL THE WAY THROUGH
Really? @Shishœ Natz never played your favourite video game
HOW CAN A GAME THAT DOESN'T EXIST BE MY FAVORITE!?!?

*ahem*
My problems with Chrono Cross are simple: its plot throws everything from Chrono Trigger in the garbage. The main trio is killed off, their land is invaded and conquered by ****ing Dalton(aka a joke boss in the original game), the Masamune, a sword made to rip straight through magic was "corrupted" and made "evil", Magus has his memories wiped alongside all his development and killing Lavos only made it stronger. It's bull****. It's complete bull**** and a huge middle finger to any Chronot Trigger fan. "Everything you did is pointless", this is what I heard when I read the plot synopsis.
And thing is that CC really isn't a sequel to CT. It feels too much like it started as its own thing but Chrono was slapped in front of it to attract fans to it, this is confirmed by the fact a whole new ending had to be made for CT for the games to connect and it still had plotholes so they added a bonus boss in the DS.
The only things from Trigger in the game are some names, the world isn't even recognizable and I wouldn't be surprised if things like the ghost kids and the Masamune were added late in development. Not to mention how bad the whole Schala deal was resolved.
Even the plot on its own feels empty. There isn't really anything to it and it's nothing special.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I haven't actually been able to play it, but I know a ****ton of party members killed character depth and development alongside double and triple techs(aka the best part of CT's battle system). 40+ playable characters don't make for a good RPG, it never has, CT's 7 was always a perfect balance.
Also, time travel is never used. Ever. Time is not relevant at all, it's dimension hopping. The game is called CHRONO Cross for ****'s sake. Also, all the character designs suck ass and the game's artstyle make it look like a FFVIII protoype.

When I finished CT, my first thought was "man, this game should have a sequel"
Then I found out there WAS one.
Then I wished it never had one.

Tl;dr Cross is not an actual CT sequel, instead of paying respect to a great game, it ****s on it at every opportunity. It's not a good game to CT fans and it's not a good game for non-fans.

If you think on playing it, stop and go play Chrono Trigger. If you've already played CT, do it again.

D

Deleted member

I have some weird stuff in my room. Some months ago, I found two discs that I never seen in my life.

One of them was a Ratatouille disc that I never knew even existed that just was in my other drawer for some reason.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Is the fantastic version on the PS4 Pro?
The fantastic version is on the SNES.

Or the DS.

The PC port is apparently being addressed, but there's no contest with the originals.

Tl;dr Cross is not an actual CT sequel, instead of paying respect to a great game, it ****s on it at every opportunity. It's not a good game to CT fans and it's not a good game for non-fans.

If you think on playing it, stop and go play Chrono Trigger. If you've already played CT, do it again.
People got booty blasted over some mix of it killing off the Trigger cast and not being Trigger 2.0.

D

Deleted member

The fantastic version is on the SNES.

Or the DS.

The PC port is apparently being addressed, but there's no contest with the originals.
Oh, I have a 3DS that I only use for Pokemon.

Also I have some other game that I thought was missing for a year right on my shelf. Probably not going to play it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Though I will admit the game should if it ever got remade remove atleast 35 playable characters.
**** that, let's add a few.

What ****twist gave us Funguy but didn't let Solt and Peppor make it in?

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
As a massive fan of Chrono Trigger (I've played it 20 times, own it CIB, followed Chrono Crisis incessantly and the second fan project that resulted from that) I feel obligated to say how much I enjoyed Chrono Cross. That is to say, at least as much as, if not more than, Trigger. It's a great game, and a pretty good sequel, with enjoyable systems and a surprisingly memorable cast considering how large it is.

Do yourself a real favour and try out Radical Dreamers, though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Do yourself a real favour and try out Radical Dreamers, though.
In fact I did.

Had no idea what a visual novel was at the time and it looks like they didn't quite either, which let them tell the story but incorporate some interesting things like a basic battle system. Wouldn't mind borrowing that mechanical inspiration for a project of my own.

Story-wise it didn't wow me the same way the other Chrono titles did, but it was still pretty neat.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Be me
>Fell ****ing asleep
>Dream takes me to a house in a ranch
>House fancy af
>Crush from highschool appears
>Oh_no_no_no_no.mp3
>I pretend I don't see her
>She hugs me from behind anyway
>Kawaii af
>She says she wants to play Smash with me
>I pull out my... ancient GameCube controller
>(what else did you expect?, pervert!)
>Turns out the Smash is ****ing Ultimate
>She kicks my butt with Link
>They really nerfed Corrin fml
>At this point I realize Im dreaming, but lets see what the **** happens.
>A challenger approaching screen appears
>Lmao the screen looks like Sonic Forces
>It's ****in Celica
>I lose my **** and wake up.

mfw I got blue balled by my own subconscious
s44skp21feo11.png

D

Deleted member

>Be me
>Fell ****ing asleep
>Dream takes me to a house in a ranch
>House fancy af
>Crush from highschool appears
>Oh_no_no_no_no.mp3
>I pretend I don't see her
>She hugs me from behind anyway
>Kawaii af
>She says she wants to play Smash with me
>I pull out my... ancient GameCube controller
>(what else did you expect?, pervert!)
>Turns out the Smash is ****ing Ultimate
>She kicks my butt with Link
>They really nerfed Corrin fml
>At this point I realize Im dreaming, but lets see what the **** happens.
>A challenger approaching screen appears
>Lmao the screen looks like Sonic Forces
>It's ****in Celica
>I lose my **** and wake up.

mfw I got blue balled by my own subconscious
View attachment 166781
The dream really wanted to state your dreams.

My dreams are super weird.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm pretty sure someone almost got arrested today because they put ice cream salt in tiny baggies and kept saying "you want some meth" to people. I saw security pretty much yeet them away last time I saw them.

today was a wild ride

D

Deleted member

Everyone knows someday Mythra will get married to a great crush.

When that wedding happens, I will probably be doing nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Went to a pawn shop with some guys and got to the records section minutes too late, two people made off with a whole stack including Fleetwood Mac and Yes.

Looks like it wasn't my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom