• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I do think that Isabelle was the right character to reveal at the end of today's direct. As her trailer is obviously going to really hype the fans of AC than the non-fans, at least coming from a non-fan anyway. I feel like bias aside, the other character trailers did a much better job at hyping up the community in general. Just from how the trailers were directed alone really. I mean, in those trailers you had that anticipation and hype bait going on. An example being the fake out in K. Rool's trailer that some people actually fell for, for some reason.

So yeah, a smaller, non-smash direct, after two directs where we had very big reveals. It seems pretty fair and it ties in with the animal crossing game they announced too. It all checks out. People just got spoiled by the last direct.

It's also good to see another AT character become, well, a character. IDK why people think its a death sentence. It certainly brings you a lot closer to being a character than not being one from what I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Back from replaying Pokemon Platinum in celebration of its 10th anniversary today. Man, the nostalgia trip was really fun!

As for the Nintendo Direct, I found it rather underwhelming to be honest. Not much excited me other than Luigi's Mansion 3 and the Bowser's Inside Story remake. Luigi's Mansion 3 was a surprise to me, but the fact it'll be taking in a tower-like mansion should be interesting. This could be the biggest game yet in terms of exploration!

The Bowser Jr. quest in the BiS remake is looking cool. I like how Bowser Jr. will have some more interactions with the Koopalings. They've barely interacted with each other throughout the series, but now we're finally seeing that happen. This could be pretty good!

I didn't care for any of the other news presented. Kirby's Epic Yarn getting a 3DS port was a bit surprising to me, and Yoshi's Crafted World looks like a fun multiplayer, but I don't plan on buying either game.

Isabelle's Smash reveal was fun, but she isn't a character I particularly care for (I'm not an Animal Crossing fan after all). Still, it's nice to see she made it into Smash. She really deserved it, and I'm happy for her fans! She's looking to be a semi-Echo of Villager from what her trailer showed of her.

Animal Crossing coming in 2019 is cool too. With that, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Luigi's Mansion 3, that's two more games added to the lineup of anticipated Switch titles for 2019 alongside Generation 8 of Pokemon, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and *probably* Metroid Prime 3.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So, is there any particular reason why they skipped Partners in Time and went straight to remaking Bowser's Inside Story? I'm curious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cooled off all my Isabelle salt.
Now I'm gonna complain about why the **** isn't there a better AC stage, why can't I fight in The Roost? That's like the best place in the whole series.

So, is there any particular reason why they skipped Partners in Time and went straight to remaking Bowser's Inside Story? I'm curious.
they saved time by developing the better game first

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Starlink: Battle for Atlas content looks great. Funny that the trailer forgot the most important thing about Starlink: The actual Starlink cast and plot Ubisoft worked their asses off in the first place or there wouldn't even be Star Fox stuff, lol.

But seeing Wolf was so hype! Curious what he's up to. :ultwolf:

Chrono.

Cause it was terrible.

Well, tbh, it was the worst of the initial 3. But that alone should make it better suited for a remake, maybe it'll be the last one they do because they gotta fix so much stuff about it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do you think it was Ubisoft's plan to suddenly kick back the good game engines by working with Nintendo IPs?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My guess is that they wanted to release the remake of Bowser's Inside Story just in time for the 10th anniversary of the game, which is next year.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Anither question I have is where is Ark and PixArk. both are advertised as 2018 but with no release date.

D

Deleted member

Temptation to join in on this trend rising......
What makes it funny though is that all our text is the same shade of red and has been for awhile. So that always made things confusing. Even before I did that, I always confused Z25 and Shisho. LMAO. I mean, now I can't because well, Shisho.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think this is the first actual kiss animated in a KH game.

A sign of things to come for Sora in KH3?

Screenshot_20180914-021740.png

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gonna go out on a limb and say there's only 2 characters left to be revealed. 3 if we're very lucky and there's a special reveal in October.

And those characters are most likely Isaac, Skull Kid, and Geno.

Last edited:

Chrono.

JOIN THE ISABELLE HAMMER ARMY TODAY
What makes it funny though is that all our text is the same shade of red and has been for awhile. So that always made things confusing. Even before I did that, I always confused Z25 and Shisho. LMAO. I mean, now I can't because well, Shisho.
This is a ploy to get me to actually read usernames instead of just looking at icons smh.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Direct Thoughts:
-Luigi's Mansion 3 was a pleasant surprise, at first I thought it was the 3DS remake, but once they got to the new ghosts it was apparent that it was a different entry. I look forward to seeing more of it.
-I didn't get the chance to talk about it before, but I'm really looking forward to Civilization VI on the Switch. I loved III and IV back in the day and I put so many hours into each, so the game will be a perfect fit for on-the-go play.
-Seeing four of the PS FF games finally on a Nintendo system is so sweet. I've been wanting to play all of them for quite some time, so the fact that I'll finally have the opportunity is a real treat. The only point I'm down on is the lack of a FFVIII, but that can come later.
-Starlinks is looking good, still can't say I'd pick up the game, but it definitely feels like they're giving a lot of love to Star Fox in its inclusion. Also, can I say that Ja Green is my favorite interpretation of Wolf? That cutscene at the end with him was great.
-Nice to see Isabelle as a playable fighter.

All in all, a mixed, but still pretty decent direct. I can't say I left it feeling like I got nothing of interest as we had some pretty nice surprises like FF, Civilization VI (though spoiled), and Luigi's Mansion 3, but it was pretty straightforward otherwise.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>This thread is getting hammered with Isabelle.

Remember to get a designated driver after the party :V

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't help but wonder if Isabelle's gotten get memetic treatment that portrays her as a murderous, dangerous, unstoppable psychopath like how Villager was after his reveal in Smash 4.

I honestly hope not, because that meme got old pretty quickly....

D

Deleted member

I can't help but wonder if Isabelle's gotten get memetic treatment that portrays her as a murderous, dangerous, unstoppable psychopath like how Villager was after his reveal in Smash 4.

I expect something more alomg these lines actually

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm conflicted on Isabelle being in Smash.

It's cool that her fans can play as her, but I think she's too precious to beat up.

She's like Sayori. Wholesome and just wants to help you.

And hopefully without the crippling depression.

There's a Game Theory for ya.
It's a fighting game. I'd kick everyone else in the face no problem. Run those hands.

Everyone is Here? More like Everyone gets B-B-B-Bodied.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Overall I thought that Direct was pretty cool, but I won't post my full thoughts until tomorrow at the soonest.

Hey, I guess I'm not the only one who's having dreams about Smash character reveals lol. I've been wanting to bring up the subject since I've been having a couple of those lately and I wanted to share that somehow, though I don't know how interesting will be these dreams.

So yeah, lately I've been dreaming about different characters getting revealed for Smash. The first one for some reason was Rayman, and I didn't remember it that well, it just struck to me that he had the same face expresion from the Rayman 3 boxart in his render. I guess it was that way since Rayman 3 is my favourite Rayman game so my brain defaulted to that. The next one was really meme, and while dreaming I knew it wasn't real lol. For some reason Ness and Mario appeared fighting Viewtiful Joe and Wonder Red. I haven't even played the Wonderful 101, so I don't know why the hell would he be in my dreams. The two get bodied, and while on the ground, Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins save them. Then everything went stupid as Morrigan and Dante appeared to join the fray in place of Joe and Wonder Red. It was on that part I realized I was dreaming and woke up the next instant. This one I guess was for my desire of the stupid Nintendo VS Capcom more than anything, but why the hell was Wonder Red there lmao.

But the reason I wanted to bring the topic was because of the last one I had a couple of days ago, because it was one of the most livid dreams I've ever had, and it was about a Smash reveal of all things! I remember the dream was me browsing the internet and getting into the Smash page to see a brand new trailer, and Elma was revealed as a character in that trailer. I was so damn hyped... And as I woke up, my feelings were "I can't believe Elma got into Smash, I can't wait to play her". Then I slowly realized it was just a dream. IT FELT SO REAL, I NEVER EXPERIENCED SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I remembered it perfectly too, I wrote down everything I saw on her reveal. Don't know if you guys care about the details, so I'll leave it at that.

That brings the question, have any of you guys had a dream so real you had to stop and go back to finally realize it was just a dream? It was pretty much the first time it happened to me, so I'm interested in other's experiences. I tried asking my family but for some reason they say they don't dream lol.
I don't think I've necessarily had a dream that felt "real", but on the topic of dreams about smash reveals, while I haven't had a dream about an actual playable character, I did have a dream once where it was confirmed that you could play as assist trophies, with Mega Man X and Squall Leonhart being shown off and that they were shown on Orbital Gate Assault, even though that stage doesn't seem to be returning. Honestly, now that I've had that dream, I kind of want there to be a mode involving assist trophies. I'm not sure how likely that would be, but it would be nice to see.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

There's a high chance of it happening and I think it already did. People are already asking of a counter to that one comic someone did of Ridley blasting her with his plasma beam way before she was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom