• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So can we address the fact that Peach may have born from a Toadette?

What was that even about.
All I know is if someone doesn't make meme version of Peach and "Peach"ette in that Sonic Adventure 2 Faker cutscene, I'mm a be disappointed.

Or at least the two Spider-Men pointing at each other.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
So um 2019 is looking amazing for switch owners. Just wondering is Metroid Prime 4 looking more like a 2020 game since 2019 is already full

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
2019 isn't really all that full yet. Mostly Spring titles... :yoshi:
Animal Crossing an pokemon together almost = smash's weight for holiday 2019
Daemon x machina, Yoshis crafted world, FE 3 houses fulfil big pillars for 2019
just my thoughts (not including 3rd parties and smaller Nintendo games (game freaks Town e.g.))

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly don't care who's important so to speak. To me it comes down to personal taste. But trust me when I say although I'm unfamiliar with AC, I would still rather have Isabelle than yet another Pokémon or FE character. And I'm actually familiar with those two. But man I feel like they're just going to keep stacking and stacking because there's various gens that people expect to see represented. IDK, it just gets pretty unsurprising. Like the smash 4 characters from those franchises while unique, where just eh, not exciting to me.

Though I will say it would be cool if they revealed an older character for FE in particular, same for Pokémon. Though I feel like Inceniroar I'd be fine with. I also saw Blaziken suggested as an Echo today and eh, I would prefer Blood Falcon if we were to get a Falcon echo. As we have yet to see echoes of various series, as that'd be weird on the roster I'd imagine. Maybe I'm wrong.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Animal Crossing an pokemon together almost = smash's weight for holiday 2019
Daemon x machina, Yoshis crafted world, FE 3 houses fulfil big pillars for 2019
just my thoughts (not including 3rd parties and smaller Nintendo games (game freaks Town e.g.))
I could see them publishing around 20 games next year. There's still a lot more...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sakurai's reaction when people get antsy about their favourites not being in Smash yet, but they're in the pipeline and just haven't been announced yet.

Screenshot_20180914-012734.png

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So can we address the fact that Peach may have born from a Toadette?

What was that even about.
Peach is a Toad that crossed the bishonen line and transformed into her ultimate humanoid form as the most powerful Toad in existence (which is not a high bar, mind you, but it is what it is). She doesn't have the hots for Mario or Bowser because since she's actually a mushroom Peach is only attracted to other mushrooms.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This particular artwork of the Capcom Beat Em Up Collection is sick. I hope it's used as a cover or something.

Capcom Beat Em Up Collection.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man some of the salt in the character threads really show how little some people pay attention to what characters Nintendo's pushing.

Like god damn you're in the Shantae thread and you're calling Isabelle unimportant?
-The Shantae thread:

I'm sorry to any Shante fans, but (this goes to a lot of fanbases), let's face it, Isabelle had way more merit than most of the characters on the roster now do. She's pushed so hard and has been everywhere since her first appearance.

It was happening one way or another.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't have a Nintendo Switch yet, so I might end up getting the Smash Special Edition one. Depends if the scalpers didn't get to it first.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This year and next year are pretty strong for video games.

Now all I gotta shill for is Prime 4 and for Battle Network to finally get a ****ing collection since it's the largest MM series to not get one.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Man some of the salt in the character threads really show how little some people pay attention to what characters Nintendo are pushing.

Like god damn you're in the Shantae thread and you're calling Isabelle unimportant?
The salt is getting rather excessive....(though if lot of people were whining about it the moment she was revealed, which they apparently were, it was probably already excessive to start with).

It should seriously gs without saying that you're entitled to like or dislike whatever, everyone's got their own opinions and that's more than okay. But comments like those are just excuses made up because people are upset because they're seeing a character they didn't want and are trying to make them sound bad, often in comparison to a character they think is objectively better. I've been here long enough to expect to see these varieties of negativity from newcomer reveals, but that doesn't make it any less irritating.

Calm the heck down, people.

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
-The Shantae thread:

I'm sorry to any Shante fans, but (this goes to a lot of fanbases), let's face it, Isabelle had way more merit than most of the characters on the roster now do. She's pushed so hard and has been everywhere since her first appearance.

They could of done better with her reveal imo, who knows I may have been less salty. She pretty much has villager's mail reveal with less hype behind it.
The good thing for speculation is that most rumours died with her opening up a chance for everyone. I just hope Verge gets something wrong to kill of smash leaks (probs not gonna happen).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
-The Shantae thread:

I mean Shantae has no chance of being playable. I don’t know what they’re thinking.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Anyways, some misconceptions the Isabelle trailer killed:
- The death/spirits theme in trailers.
This probably means NOTHING, but the trailers with the Smash Transition Logo had deaths and Isabelle's trailer didn't start with one.

Maybe it's a sign of impending death? ...Probably not.

Also, Gamexplain might've called this one. New Poltergeist design = new game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just watched the Direct. Not 100% sold on the Capcom Beat Em Up collection (the other collections that I've got are solid, and Final Fight arcade edition is appealing, but I haven't heard of any of the other games outside of Captain Commando), though I'll definitely pick up one of the Final Fantasy games when they come out. (probably 10, though maybe I'd be more likely to play through 7 if I had it on handheld)

As for Isabelle in Smash, I figured she'd be an echo if she got in, so a semi-clone is more interesting. From what I've seen in the character discussion threads, I feel like people are more 'doom and gloom' about this announcement than they really should be - it's not like they've confirmed that this is the final roster or anything.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice Direct. Had a feeling Izzy was going to join the fray. Can't say I was mind blown about her, but after Inkling & King K. Rool good luck with that.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna point out if Munchkin is on the based board game version not the card game it'll be extremely fun. Munchkin is hype for me.

Dan

Smash Lord
Overall, the Direct was lit; Isabelle is a meh character that was the most likely character at this point (imo). I hope the fact she's more than an Echo (and potentially completely unique) didn't take away from a requested character; of course people wanted her, but look at the polls. Her support page was like 3 pages.

Chrono.

This probably means NOTHING, but the trailers with the Smash Transition Logo had deaths and Isabelle's trailer didn't start with one.

Maybe it's a sign of impending death? ...Probably not.

Also, Gamexplain might've called this one. New Poltergeist design = new game.

K.Rool's did not either and most argue Dedede died aswell.

But also, Isabelle's trailer got the logo added in the standalone version.

D

Deleted member

Let's see....

-You're both using crops of the same gameplay shot of Isabelle
-You both use red text

You might as well be internet twins lol
Yeah look at that.
Godsamnit Z25 Z25 we're really gonna confuse people now, aren't we?
-The Shantae thread:

My sisters, we are now growing more. The more the merrier!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm conflicted on Isabelle being in Smash.

It's cool that her fans can play as her, but I think she's too precious to beat up.

She's like Sayori. Wholesome and just wants to help you.

And hopefully without the crippling depression.

There's a Game Theory for ya.

D

Deleted member

I'm conflicted on Isabelle being in Smash.

It's cool that her fans can play as her, but I think she's too precious to beat up.

She's like Sayori. Wholesome and just wants to help you.

And hopefully without the crippling depression.

There's a Game Theory for ya.
It is Smash. They come in fine after the battle. Just beat her up and care about having fun and winning.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm very glad that Isabelle turned out to not be an 'Echo' clone. I never denied the chances of that occurring, but always felt she was worth so much more. Happy one of my more wanted characters made it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom