• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Anyone else playing The Messenger, I'm really enjoying it right now, The Shopkeeper in the game is quite humorous too.
I might get it but I got my hands full with Hollow Knight and Okami.

Looks great though. I'm a sucker for NES Ninja Gaiden and I'm glad one of these Retro throwbacks is finally taking it's main inspiration from that rather than Mega Man, Castlevania or Metroid.

Last edited:

Chrono.

You ever been in that situation where it's raining but the skies are clear?
Weirdest **** man
In my country there's an old joke/proverb that goes "if it rains when the sun is out,, it means a witch is getting married."

D

Deleted member

Been playing pokemon battle revolution. I'm surprised how smol Arceus is. I'd Dialga's like, 3 times his size.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In my country there's an old joke/proverb that goes "if it rains when the sun is out,, it means a witch is getting married."
I heard about that too. Though I thought that was only from Puerto Rico.

A few weeks ago, it was raining when the sun was out and I immediately thought of that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I see the FE logo but I have no idea what I'm actually supposed to be looking at.
Closest description yet, lol.

I'm getting the Fire Emblem Echoes HD Movie Collection Blu-Ray that came with the FE Echoes Special Edition in Japan.

It contains the original HD versions of all the CGI cinematics for Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and SoV.

One of my long term projects for my upcoming YouTube channel that I am preparing is a series of 4K60 playthroughs of every Fire Emblem game (many of which I will be playing for the first time) via emulation. Since I knew this movie collection exists, I wanted to buy for myself so I can either extract or screen record the movies onto my PC, and use them in place of the highly compressed cutscenes from the games in my playthroughs, giving a more consistent sense of visual quality.

It's a lot of money to pay for something like this but I really want to put my all into these playthroughs and anything else I make for the channel. I obsess over visual quality and consistency like this and will do whatever I can to make everything look sharp and crisp.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Been playing pokemon battle revolution. I'm surprised how smol Arceus is. I'd Dialga's like, 3 times his size.
Yeah, PBR did keep their actual sizes in mind based on their Pokedex information.

Arceus is only 10 feet 6 inches tall, while Dialga is 17 feet 9 inches tall (it's even the tallest out of all the Creation Trio not counting Giratina's Origin Forme, being 3 feet taller than Giratina's Altered Forme and 4 feet taller than Palkia).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
And that being?
Basically, modding games or hacking the system in general will be harder if you have the new update. So if you use custom content in games like Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8 you would have to prevent updates, or at least wait until wii u modders find an alternative.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Basically, modding games or hacking the system in general will be harder if you have the new update. So if you use custom content in games like Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8 you would have to prevent updates, or at least wait until wii u modders find an alternative.
Dang bruh it's essentially a dead console why are they gonna keep doing stuff to it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Means I hope people disabled DNS as usual.
Well there's more to it than that.

The last firmware update for the 3DS saw Nintendo update the security system for the eShop so apps like freeShop and Wii U USB Helper could no longer download first party Nintendo stuff anymore. You have to manually dump first party 3DS games now if you want to get them on your PC for emulation and stuff.

It's possible they may be doing the same with the Wii U now, meaning Wii U USB Helper will not be so useful for downloading first party games, updates and DLCs directly from the eShop to your PC.

It makes getting your games and especially updates and DLCs for CEMU a bit more painstaking, assuming this update does what I think it does. It will be even worse if they also botch up how custom firmware works.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I've now managed to write up my full thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

As many people know, I am a very big fan of the original Xenoblade Chronicles. It’s one of my favorite games of all time, if not my absolute favorite, so naturally, when they announced Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I was quite excited. Now that I’ve actually beaten the game, I can say that I was not disappointed.

While I don’t think that the story is quite as good as that of the first game, I still really enjoyed the plot of the game. In particular, the later plot twists of the game manage to be quite interesting, but I won’t get into spoilers until a bit later here.

One area that I feel sort of mixed on is the character designs. When it comes to the main characters, on one hand, I’m not a huge fan of Rex or Pyra’s designs. On the other hand, I like almost all of the other designs of the major characters, especially Morag, Zeke, Vandham, Nia, and the Torna characters. I do feel like the rare blade designs can be kind of hit-or-miss, though. On one hand, there are a lot of designs that I think are really cool, like Wulfric, Percival, and Adenine, but there are also a fair number of designs that I’m not a huge fan of.

As for the characters themselves, while I don’t think I like the cast quite as much as I like the first games cast, I still ended up quite enjoying them. I particularly liked Morag, Zeke, and Nia, with both Jin and Malos being quite memorable antagonists.

Of course, since it’s Xenoblade, the soundtrack is quite amazing. I do find it a bit hard to narrow down my absolute favorite tracks in the game, a few of my favorites are The Empire of Mor Ardain, You Will Recall Our Names, Death Match with Torna, Drifting Soul, and Still, Move Forward! The world of this game was also really cool. I think my favorites might have been Mor Ardain and Uraya.

Onto the gameplay itself, I have quite a lot of things to talk about.

To start off, I’m not a huge fan of how the movement of the game is in battle. I don’t like that you have to stand still in order to auto attack, as well as how slow your movement speed is in battle, compared to how it was in the original and X. It does feel like it manages to make the combat feel slower than it needs to be. Healing is something that I’m kind of mixed on as well. Namely, the fact the HP potions spawn all over where you’re fighting. Granted, I feel it isn’t too big of a problem in most regular fights, and there are arts that heal on hit and some that just heal (I think they heal more but I’m not so sure), but in certain boss fights, since you also move slower than you did in previous games, it can be quite annoying.

Aside from that stuff though, I don’t really have many other problems with the battle system. Really, the only other thing that I don’t like about it is something that I don’t really understand, and that’s that sometimes when I’m playing as a tank character, they don’t seem to be drawing the aggro properly, and instead Nia gets targeted. It’s something that I don’t really know the cause for, but I guess there’s probably a way to avoid it.

As for what I enjoy about the battle system, there is quite a lot. In general, I really liked the amount of depth the combat had, with auto attacks leading into drver arts, which lead into blade specials, which lead into blade combos, which fill up the party gauge and lead to chain attacks. Your blade combos do feel a little bit limited early on (for most of chapters 3 and 4 I just stuck with Water → Earth → Wind), but once you start to gain access to more blades and more party members, you get a lot more options for more and more different blade combos.

I think I might also prefer the way that chain attacks work in this game. It feels like extending them is less luck-based, as long as you can build up elemental orbs before then. It’s also quite satisfying to overkill a boss and get better rewards from them (although, I only know that it gives you more experience. I don’t know the other benefits), especially if you can do a Full Burst.

Break → Topple → Launch → Smash → felt a little weird. Mostly because I didn’t have anyone who could use Launch for quite a while. I like it, and feels quite satisfying when you can pull off a full Driver combo, but I kind of prefer Break → Topple → Daze from the first game, since it was more consistent.

I’m not a huge fan of the whole blade summoning aspect. While I did manage to get quite a few blades I liked (Boreas was one of the first Blades I pulled, and I managed to get Percival a decent way through the game), I don’t like how you can possibly screw yourself over if you don’t get certain Blades on the “correct” character, as well as the fact that you need an Overdrive Protocol if that’s the case, and those are quite rare. Although, I only used an Overdrive Protocol twice in the game: Moving Percival from Zeke to Morag, and moving Adenine from Morag to Nia. Last time I checked, I had 8 Overdrive Protocols, and I might have received more before finishing up the game.

I did enjoy that Sidequests gave optional exp. It makes it easier to not be overleveled, sicne I never wanted to use all of my bonus exp. at once.

And now for nothing but spoilers:
  • I kind of wish Vandham had been able to survive longer in the story or somehow come back. I still enjoyed his final moments though.
  • I do wish Roc and Aegeon had gotten more screen time in the story, since they were pretty cool blades. I guess not everyone is going to use them though, even if I used them from the moment I got them all the way to the end of the game.
  • Blade Nia seemed like a pretty cool blade to use, but since doing so not only has you lose your dedicated healer, but also reduces the amount of blades you can have out at a time, I never used her. I know she’s one of the best healers, but I kind of wish you could just have her engaged to herself, like how the Torna characters did in some of their fights.
  • While I’m not a huge fan of his regular design, I love the redesign Rex gets from late chapter 7 onwards.
  • I don’t know where Malos got his Monado from, but the fact that he has one at all is really cool. Malos in Smash as a Shulk Echo when? :p
  • Pneuma is so overpowered lol. And that’s what I like about using her. She makes Full Bursts so much easier to achieve.
  • Being able to actually control Jin for the beginning of chapter 8 was so cool. I just wish you could use him more. But I guess Torna: The Golden Country exists, so . . .
  • I kind of wish we had actually gotten the names of the Titans that sank beneath the clouds. Hopefully we find that out in the Torna DLC.
  • I love so much of what happens in the plot from Chapter 6 onwards on to the endgame. I mean, I quite liked the story before then, everything from that point onwards is just . . . wow.
  • After Amalthus showed his true colors, part of me was expecting him to be the last fight in the game. I guess I was only one chapter off though. :p
  • And now, I want to talk about the end of the game. As mentioned before, I absolutely love the second half of the story, but chapter 10 might just have been my favorite chapter in the entire game, as far as story goes. Finding about the origin of the world, learning about The Architect, learning about how both Alrest and the world from the first game are connected, etc. Given how both XC1 and XC2 are occurring at the same time, part of me is thinking that the world created at the end of the original Xenoblade Chronicles and the new Elysium created at the end of XC2 are one and the same. I could be wrong, but I want to think that’s the case. I also think that “Ontos” might actually be Alvis from the first game. But those are just theories.
Overall, I loved the game and it’s definitely one of my favorite Switch games, if not my absolute favorite game on the Switch. It was one of my most anticipated games of last year, so I was not disappointed. I don’t think I liked it quite as much as the original Xenoblade Chronicles, but it was an experience that I won’t forget any time soon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've now managed to write up my full thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

As many people know, I am a very big fan of the original Xenoblade Chronicles. It’s one of my favorite games of all time, if not my absolute favorite, so naturally, when they announced Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I was quite excited. Now that I’ve actually beaten the game, I can say that I was not disappointed.

While I don’t think that the story is quite as good as that of the first game, I still really enjoyed the plot of the game. In particular, the later plot twists of the game manage to be quite interesting, but I won’t get into spoilers until a bit later here.

One area that I feel sort of mixed on is the character designs. When it comes to the main characters, on one hand, I’m not a huge fan of Rex or Pyra’s designs. On the other hand, I like almost all of the other designs of the major characters, especially Morag, Zeke, Vandham, Nia, and the Torna characters. I do feel like the rare blade designs can be kind of hit-or-miss, though. On one hand, there are a lot of designs that I think are really cool, like Wulfric, Percival, and Adenine, but there are also a fair number of designs that I’m not a huge fan of.

As for the characters themselves, while I don’t think I like the cast quite as much as I like the first games cast, I still ended up quite enjoying them. I particularly liked Morag, Zeke, and Nia, with both Jin and Malos being quite memorable antagonists.

Of course, since it’s Xenoblade, the soundtrack is quite amazing. I do find it a bit hard to narrow down my absolute favorite tracks in the game, a few of my favorites are The Empire of Mor Ardain, You Will Recall Our Names, Death Match with Torna, Drifting Soul, and Still, Move Forward! The world of this game was also really cool. I think my favorites might have been Mor Ardain and Uraya.

Onto the gameplay itself, I have quite a lot of things to talk about.

To start off, I’m not a huge fan of how the movement of the game is in battle. I don’t like that you have to stand still in order to auto attack, as well as how slow your movement speed is in battle, compared to how it was in the original and X. It does feel like it manages to make the combat feel slower than it needs to be. Healing is something that I’m kind of mixed on as well. Namely, the fact the HP potions spawn all over where you’re fighting. Granted, I feel it isn’t too big of a problem in most regular fights, and there are arts that heal on hit and some that just heal (I think they heal more but I’m not so sure), but in certain boss fights, since you also move slower than you did in previous games, it can be quite annoying.

Aside from that stuff though, I don’t really have many other problems with the battle system. Really, the only other thing that I don’t like about it is something that I don’t really understand, and that’s that sometimes when I’m playing as a tank character, they don’t seem to be drawing the aggro properly, and instead Nia gets targeted. It’s something that I don’t really know the cause for, but I guess there’s probably a way to avoid it.

As for what I enjoy about the battle system, there is quite a lot. In general, I really liked the amount of depth the combat had, with auto attacks leading into drver arts, which lead into blade specials, which lead into blade combos, which fill up the party gauge and lead to chain attacks. Your blade combos do feel a little bit limited early on (for most of chapters 3 and 4 I just stuck with Water → Earth → Wind), but once you start to gain access to more blades and more party members, you get a lot more options for more and more different blade combos.

I think I might also prefer the way that chain attacks work in this game. It feels like extending them is less luck-based, as long as you can build up elemental orbs before then. It’s also quite satisfying to overkill a boss and get better rewards from them (although, I only know that it gives you more experience. I don’t know the other benefits), especially if you can do a Full Burst.

Break → Topple → Launch → Smash → felt a little weird. Mostly because I didn’t have anyone who could use Launch for quite a while. I like it, and feels quite satisfying when you can pull off a full Driver combo, but I kind of prefer Break → Topple → Daze from the first game, since it was more consistent.

I’m not a huge fan of the whole blade summoning aspect. While I did manage to get quite a few blades I liked (Boreas was one of the first Blades I pulled, and I managed to get Percival a decent way through the game), I don’t like how you can possibly screw yourself over if you don’t get certain Blades on the “correct” character, as well as the fact that you need an Overdrive Protocol if that’s the case, and those are quite rare. Although, I only used an Overdrive Protocol twice in the game: Moving Percival from Zeke to Morag, and moving Adenine from Morag to Nia. Last time I checked, I had 8 Overdrive Protocols, and I might have received more before finishing up the game.

I did enjoy that Sidequests gave optional exp. It makes it easier to not be overleveled, sicne I never wanted to use all of my bonus exp. at once.

And now for nothing but spoilers:
  • I kind of wish Vandham had been able to survive longer in the story or somehow come back. I still enjoyed his final moments though.
  • I do wish Roc and Aegeon had gotten more screen time in the story, since they were pretty cool blades. I guess not everyone is going to use them though, even if I used them from the moment I got them all the way to the end of the game.
  • Blade Nia seemed like a pretty cool blade to use, but since doing so not only has you lose your dedicated healer, but also reduces the amount of blades you can have out at a time, I never used her. I know she’s one of the best healers, but I kind of wish you could just have her engaged to herself, like how the Torna characters did in some of their fights.
  • While I’m not a huge fan of his regular design, I love the redesign Rex gets from late chapter 7 onwards.
  • I don’t know where Malos got his Monado from, but the fact that he has one at all is really cool. Malos in Smash as a Shulk Echo when? :p
  • Pneuma is so overpowered lol. And that’s what I like about using her. She makes Full Bursts so much easier to achieve.
  • Being able to actually control Jin for the beginning of chapter 8 was so cool. I just wish you could use him more. But I guess Torna: The Golden Country exists, so . . .
  • I kind of wish we had actually gotten the names of the Titans that sank beneath the clouds. Hopefully we find that out in the Torna DLC.
  • I love so much of what happens in the plot from Chapter 6 onwards on to the endgame. I mean, I quite liked the story before then, everything from that point onwards is just . . . wow.
  • After Amalthus showed his true colors, part of me was expecting him to be the last fight in the game. I guess I was only one chapter off though. :p
  • And now, I want to talk about the end of the game. As mentioned before, I absolutely love the second half of the story, but chapter 10 might just have been my favorite chapter in the entire game, as far as story goes. Finding about the origin of the world, learning about The Architect, learning about how both Alrest and the world from the first game are connected, etc. Given how both XC1 and XC2 are occurring at the same time, part of me is thinking that the world created at the end of the original Xenoblade Chronicles and the new Elysium created at the end of XC2 are one and the same. I could be wrong, but I want to think that’s the case. I also think that “Ontos” might actually be Alvis from the first game. But those are just theories.
Overall, I loved the game and it’s definitely one of my favorite Switch games, if not my absolute favorite game on the Switch. It was one of my most anticipated games of last year, so I was not disappointed. I don’t think I liked it quite as much as the original Xenoblade Chronicles, but it was an experience that I won’t forget any time soon.

Now tell me about your opinion on Mythra and why she's
B E S T E S T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom