• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, gave it a good run, but no dice.

Slopped through both Lunatics with Dragon Squad ft. Veronica, but I couldn't tailor any of the Infernal solutions I saw to my units in time (stats were always just slightly this way or that and it threw the AI off, it sucked) so I didn't even unlock Abyssal.

Sigh.

Suppose I have a Reinhardt now. That's nice I guess.

[EDIT]: Bright side, that same Dragon Squad ft. Veronica team carried me to Arena 19 and mopped every level of Jamke up in under 10 min.

[EDIT 2]: Sorry did I say Arena 19?

View attachment 161768

Let's see if this holds.

Oof

At least you have a Veronica *cue me glaring at my 4.50% pity rate*

For the Infernals I used Cavs on Marth and Fliers on Grima, but the Abyssals forced me to use The Quadhardt ft. Dancers ft. Bownoka ft. Micaiah ft. Pitbull
Saw some clears with similar units to give me an idea, but also the difference in IVs forced me to rework almost all of the movements, my head ****ing hurt but at least the golden stuff is fancy.

Shoutout to HF!Micaiah for working her *** off by shaking that booty and nuking those armors.

Meanwhile I dropped to 17 as my squad lacks merges :'V

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Apparently I forgot to do Marth's Abyssal map before it ended. Whoops. :p Probably wasn't missing out on much anyway. The gold accessories are pretty gaudy anyway and I'd never actually use them.

Jamke's map is pretty ordinary. Beat Infernal at the first attempt. I like his art and he was kind of decent in FE4, so I might use him, but I'm not sure what he'll do for me that Leon doesn't already do. But I suppose having more handsome archer dudes around the place doesn't hurt.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
At least you have a Veronica *cue me glaring at my 4.50% pity rate*
Shoulda took the freebie, man.

I pulled two more off the banner, but neither came better than the Neutral IV freebie, so that's who I've been merging them into. She's been pulling a lot of weight. Team's unfortunately a lot less mobile since I had to bench F!Grima for the duration (I like to think she's taking the downtime to harass my crap IV Hero-King backwards and forwards about the castle).

I tried a handful of strats for the hero battles, including a crack at Quadhart, but in the end the trouble was I either didn't have the Sacred Seals prepped, or my units' IVs or merges got in the way, and even with my reserves I couldn't futz around with SI enough to patch things up. If I'd begun taking it seriously yesterday or the day before we might both be in the golden snorkel club, but as it is in three hours I just couldn't swing it.

Is what it is though. I'll just stick Feh on Veronica's head and keep at it.

I suppose having more handsome archer dudes around the place doesn't hurt.
Speaking of:
Screenshot_20180904-050200.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I couldn't even beat Infernal Grima or Marth. Came up just short.

I'd have been able to do Infernal Grima easily if I got Death Blow 4 for Delthea in time but I still haven't gotten it.

I could have also experimented with more units but I don't want end up spending all day on the game.

I just beat Infernal Jamke though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't manage to beat the Abyssal difficulties either. Maybe a map without reinforcements but when it's just unit after unit with bloated stats that you couldn't possibly deal with, it's just impossible.
Jamke was a joke though lol. Heavy Blade/Cancel Affinity fodder though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Tsk. You lot need more Brave Bow archers in your lives. Maybe Jamke has arrived at just the right time to save you all. He's no Leon, but he's an acceptable substitute.

Not that it makes the idea of the Abyssal difficulty any less dumb, though. Feels like it's just meant to push people to pull more on legendary banners to get more merges and premium fodder, and draw in more money as a result.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man, Grand Order really killing the memes lately. First with the Arthuria Instinct upgrade and Stheno NP Upgrade, now Saber Diarmuid is actually a thing for the Fate/Zero rerun after his appearance in the America preview commercial 894 days ago.
Pretty exciting for those who waited so long for him. Also, Iskander gets an animation update.

That aside, I actually did beat the Abyssal difficulties for both Robin and Marth. It was frickin' difficult and in the case for Robin, alot of wasted time.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Good morning Natz, my dear. How are you?
exhausted :V past few days been pretty damn harsh on me

but hey todays a day off and i slept from 6 pm to 2 am, so i'm feeling great right now -3- gonna go down to the game store with kyler and spend a few hours in there chilling~

ya?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
exhausted :V past few days been pretty damn harsh on me

but hey todays a day off and i slept from 6 pm to 2 am, so i'm feeling great right now -3- gonna go down to the game store with kyler and spend a few hours in there chilling~

ya?
I’m pretty good too. I also have today off. Not much really planned today... maybe go grocery shopping in a bit.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What’s up? Why do you feel wasted?

That’s the plan. This week is even better cause I get a third day off~
Heh, thinking too much about everything as per usual, it really waste you after awhile.

Sleeping help deal with this, but you don't do much as a result, which can be a con if you want to advance project or just do something.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Heh, thinking too much about everything as per usual, it really waste you after awhile.

Sleeping help deal with this, but you don't do much as a result, which can be a con if you want to advance project or just do something.
Yeah I guess that makes sense.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah I guess that makes sense.
Really, I like one day where I can just think about a few thing that aren't going to make me feel horrible or sad. Sometime your mind can't help but think about subject you just want to say "**** off" after the 150 times it got in your days while you are working at your job.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jamke was super easy on infernal. I beat it with almost a free to play team.

I used fyrom to kill both mages turn one, I had veronica, bride cordelia and axzura.

Note that cordellia only killed the flier and could be subbed for any archer. And axzura was just the dancer her stat buff didn’t matter.

I used Veronica next turn to kill jamke.

After that space he enemies out and take them out one at a time.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I checked AmericanDJ AmericanDJ 's XC2 review, well... as usual I'm gonna be once again a "nitpicker" and give out my two cents:

While I don’t think that the story is quite as good as that of the first game, I still really enjoyed the plot of the game. In particular, the later plot twists of the game manage to be quite interesting, but I won’t get into spoilers until a bit later here.
I can definitely agree that XC2 story isn't as good as XC1, but that's understandable to some degree because you will somewhat notice the later chapters felt a bit rushed.

I also don't enjoy the ending to much, it isn't a cliff hanger but then it is a bit of cliff hanger...

One area that I feel sort of mixed on is the character designs. When it comes to the main characters, on one hand, I’m not a huge fan of Rex or Pyra’s designs. On the other hand, I like almost all of the other designs of the major characters, especially Morag, Zeke, Vandham, Nia, and the Torna characters. I do feel like the rare blade designs can be kind of hit-or-miss, though. On one hand, there are a lot of designs that I think are really cool, like Wulfric, Percival, and Adenine, but there are also a fair number of designs that I’m not a huge fan of.
You should aware that when it comes to character design it will always be a subjective thing to talk about, so I will let your opinion pass lol.

I know you aren't talking about this but what I won't pass though is saying that anime designs are bad, which isn't a proper why to say since as sales shows that people prefer JRPGs being anime. Second is complaining many Blades wearing very few cloths and most are being females (Like how some users in this thread who don't even like XC2 in the first place), which are legit complaints but not something that worth pointing out as a flaw in my own opinion.

As for the characters themselves, while I don’t think I like the cast quite as much as I like the first games cast, I still ended up quite enjoying them. I particularly liked Morag, Zeke, and Nia, with both Jin and Malos being quite memorable antagonists.
Let's just say that XC2 characters takes more time to like compare to XC1 (Except Riki), like I really DISLIKE Zeke during his initial appearance to before reaching to Tantal. After that scene in chapter 6 man Zeke was an awesome character. I also like his HtH with Morag too.

And tbh, there isn't any real antagonists... you can say that Amalthus is... but that's because he has a very horrible past... sure Jin and Malos are at first but then once you understand their motives, well... yeah...that somewhat made me felt that XC2 is slightly hollow when it comes to actual antagonists.

Of course, since it’s Xenoblade, the soundtrack is quite amazing. I do find it a bit hard to narrow down my absolute favorite tracks in the game, a few of my favorites are The Empire of Mor Ardain, You Will Recall Our Names, Death Match with Torna, Drifting Soul, and Still, Move Forward! The world of this game was also really cool. I think my favorites might have been Mor Ardain and Uraya.
I'm gonna go tl;dr when it comes to soundtracks compare to other three games. And there will be some hot takes.
My fav overall:
XCX>XC1=XC2

Battle theme (Regular):
XCX>XC2>XC1
Exception: Mechanical Rhythm and Still, Move Forward are my most fav.

Battle theme (Unique)
XC1>XCX>XC2

World themes:
XC1=XC2>XCX

To start off, I’m not a huge fan of how the movement of the game is in battle. I don’t like that you have to stand still in order to auto attack, as well as how slow your movement speed is in battle, compared to how it was in the original and X. It does feel like it manages to make the combat feel slower than it needs to be. Healing is something that I’m kind of mixed on as well. Namely, the fact the HP potions spawn all over where you’re fighting. Granted, I feel it isn’t too big of a problem in most regular fights, and there are arts that heal on hit and some that just heal (I think they heal more but I’m not so sure), but in certain boss fights, since you also move slower than you did in previous games, it can be quite annoying.
I have heard many say that unable to auto attack while moving sucks, I somewhat I have to disagree and defend on this. XC2 auto attack focus on timing even more compare to XC1 and XCX where you can just press one art and then press another art without syncing with the auto attack.

Healing potion though, I gonna admit it's super annoying especially when battling in narrow places and terrains.

Really, the only other thing that I don’t like about it is something that I don’t really understand, and that’s that sometimes when I’m playing as a tank character, they don’t seem to be drawing the aggro properly, and instead Nia gets targeted. It’s something that I don’t really know the cause for, but I guess there’s probably a way to avoid it.
Accessories that levels up attracting aggro are your friend, or if you are keep using arts to do critical attack... that can happen. So try to diminish critical attacks when your Nia has aggro

Also you might be referring to Tank Blades not characters, next time try to give Nia all healer Blades and characters like Morag as a prime tank.

As for what I enjoy about the battle system, there is quite a lot. In general, I really liked the amount of depth the combat had, with auto attacks leading into drver arts, which lead into blade specials, which lead into blade combos, which fill up the party gauge and lead to chain attacks. Your blade combos do feel a little bit limited early on (for most of chapters 3 and 4 I just stuck with Water → Earth → Wind), but once you start to gain access to more blades and more party members, you get a lot more options for more and more different blade combos.
I mean once you get enough element of Blades, you can get a lot eventually...

I think I might also prefer the way that chain attacks work in this game. It feels like extending them is less luck-based, as long as you can build up elemental orbs before then. It’s also quite satisfying to overkill a boss and get better rewards from them (although, I only know that it gives you more experience. I don’t know the other benefits), especially if you can do a Full Burst.
Yeah, I like how you can make some Blades break orbs in one hit if they hit the right element by equipping Element Orb Ender Aux Core. Like I give it to Dahlia and she can not only break but also break at most three in one hit, which can really help you get to full burst by only five orbs.

Break → Topple → Launch → Smash → felt a little weird. Mostly because I didn’t have anyone who could use Launch for quite a while. I like it, and feels quite satisfying when you can pull off a full Driver combo, but I kind of prefer Break → Topple → Daze from the first game, since it was more consistent.
I disagree on this one and a bit of yikes to me that you don't know that Zeke with Pandoria, Nia with Knuckles, Rex with Axe Blades, Tora with Poppi QT Pi etc... can do launch? Doing launch is pretty easy and this combo chain is way more awarding than XC1's in my opinion.

Pro tip: Equipping Beta Scope can help you perform break better on high level monsters.

I’m not a huge fan of the whole blade summoning aspect. While I did manage to get quite a few blades I liked (Boreas was one of the first Blades I pulled, and I managed to get Percival a decent way through the game), I don’t like how you can possibly screw yourself over if you don’t get certain Blades on the “correct” character, as well as the fact that you need an Overdrive Protocol if that’s the case, and those are quite rare. Although, I only used an Overdrive Protocol twice in the game: Moving Percival from Zeke to Morag, and moving Adenine from Morag to Nia. Last time I checked, I had 8 Overdrive Protocols, and I might have received more before finishing up the game.
Well... you can get Overdrive Protocol in many ways such as completing a driver skill chart, releasing four crown common blade with finished affinity chart, and via Expansion Pass...

But then again, yeah... RNG Blades are annoying to get... but on the other hand you still have one or two rare Blades you can get by just completing their quest, while I not too fond with how some of their quest goes.. I'll talk about the Blade's story roles problem/complaint later.

I did enjoy that Sidequests gave optional exp. It makes it easier to not be overleveled, sicne I never wanted to use all of my bonus exp. at once.
What? I don't remember you can do that with Sidequests, you are talking about sleeping in inn right?

And spoilers...
I kind of wish Vandham had been able to survive longer in the story or somehow come back. I still enjoyed his final moments though
I did somewhat aware he's gonna die... after I saw Rex using Roc in one of the gameplay in XC2 direct... and even before I saw Vandham explaining what will happen to blades when driver dies... it made it that those who has rare Blade = Death Flag... which is a bit of my complaint again later...

I do wish Roc and Aegeon had gotten more screen time in the story, since they were pretty cool blades. I guess not everyone is going to use them though, even if I used them from the moment I got them all the way to the end of the game.
Same with Wulfric in my own opinion... since he's the only rare Blade you get in story without encountering Blade quests.

Okay, yeah, that's one of the complaints, now back to the rare Blade= death flag point... This is what bothers me slightly bit. Once you know more about Blade and Driver... when you saw that Nial had Aegeon... Vandham had Roc, Vess was with her own old driver, Praxis and Theory were with their forgettable Core Crystal Hunter Drivers, were mostly noticeable death flags being raised (It can be bothersome when there's that much). I did somewhat expect that Nial is definitely gonna die, but Nia played a bit of a foul trick there lol (Which my sis complained that why didn't Nia did that when Rex was stabbed by Jin back then lol.)

Blade Nia seemed like a pretty cool blade to use, but since doing so not only has you lose your dedicated healer, but also reduces the amount of blades you can have out at a time, I never used her. I know she’s one of the best healers, but I kind of wish you could just have her engaged to herself, like how the Torna characters did in some of their fights.
Yeah, they could have just let her Blade available for Rex to use... yeah when Nia becomes a Blade her Blades are basically gone... Not even post chapter 7 Rex can use them... you have to switch her back to driver and then let Rex equip them.

Also Rex's post chapter 7 design, to me it's meh...
I don’t know where Malos got his Monado from, but the fact that he has one at all is really cool. Malos in Smash as a Shulk Echo when? :p
There are some reasonable explanation from fans but so far, it's probably just a reference lol.

I love so much of what happens in the plot from Chapter 6 onwards on to the endgame. I mean, I quite liked the story before then, everything from that point onwards is just . . . wow.
Like I said, after chapter 8 it felt rushed to me... but still interesting nonetheless.

And now, I want to talk about the end of the game. As mentioned before, I absolutely love the second half of the story, but chapter 10 might just have been my favorite chapter in the entire game, as far as story goes. Finding about the origin of the world, learning about The Architect, learning about how both Alrest and the world from the first game are connected, etc. Given how both XC1 and XC2 are occurring at the same time, part of me is thinking that the world created at the end of the original Xenoblade Chronicles and the new Elysium created at the end of XC2 are one and the same. I could be wrong, but I want to think that’s the case. I also think that “Ontos” might actually be Alvis from the first game. But those are just theories.
Nope it pretty much given that Ontos is Alvis... there's no other people can be Ontos lol.

What's more worth discussing, is that... Is Pyra and Mythra still have their past memories with Rex and their memories 500 years ago? Or like Blades, once they resonated by Rex simultaneously their personality are now influenced by Rex but this means they forgot everything after the fall of The World Tree?

I personally think Team Forget is a better option in my opinion, I mean... what's the point of them still having their memories 500 years ago? Also you might remember that Pyra did said that she could have hope that she can forget her past like how Blades do once they got Wulfric. So yeah that's why I think them forgetting really fulfills Pyra's wish.

Now my complaints... on Quests obtain Blades, don't get me wrong, quest obtain rare Blades are good for those who don't want to RNG rare Blades. But then like what I said I was bothered on how Blades are instant death flags... thus makes their quests pretty predictable. Also Vess, Praxis and Theory's aren't really that good... I can put Praxis and Theory's #2 quest where you get Theory... Vess... was so weird and predictable... nobody just watch an old man die and not doing anything (Especially you Nia!)

Praxis and Theory, oh my... they were one of the most favorite Blades design wise but their Blade quests (Especially #1 and #3) somewhat ruins their character, first off the death flag complaint (We know their drivers will die sooner or later, whether they are good or bad), and their original drivers were core crystal hunters... which unlike Jin he has legit motives to steal the core crystals... but them? The really have no reason but just stealing core crystals and resonate them... and no legit motives...and once they got Praxis and Theory (Which I hope to Architect that they were the only rare Blades they get) I know Blades will have their personality being effected from their driver but it seems that Praxis and Theory have no remorse or questioning why they are stealing and robbing core crystals... even go without their driver. Also how we got Praxis also weird... she didn't have her driver on her side (When they should realized they were being targeted) and we never know how exactly who her driver was and her driver died in the battle...

Their #2 did get better but I still have to complaint a bit, first off, not sure why #1 and #2 have a long available gap (#1 is available like after you reached to Mor Ardain and got Morag I think, and #2 is only available after you finish enough of Praxis chart... and finish chapter 6... ) here are the possibility complaint too, what happens if Rex and others decides to not resonate Praxis? I mean anyone on the team will be a bit cautious one they got Praxis (Especially Morag and Nia)... and why would't the core crystal hunters just go and rob/steal them? (This also means core crystal hunters are really a "Steppen Wolf Level" antagonist... not too brilliant and have a very weak motive...) and Theory kill her driver by herself... while still expected (Because there was a quest that a Blade kill his driver too) but I bit don't make sense either, unless this can explain that Theory does turn a bit good after seeing Praxis hanging around with Rex and others...

Okay... you may ask me: "Oh, then what do you want it to be?" Well... for Blade obtain quests, I do have some good plot examples:
Instead of "Just kill them personally and get their rare Blade", how about let Theory's driver turn good and join the mercenary croup for a while and then you have a quest where Theory and her driver are going to a mission but they haven't return for weeks, hat's when you go and find them and found out they have been attacked by a monster. And Theory is still there but she doesn't remember the team and tries to attack you because she was resonated by that monster who killed her driver, and you with Praxis have to kill the monster to "save" Theory... I mean yeah this will make it more annoying but... moving goalpost here
We haven't really see what happens when a rare Blade is resonated by a monster? Will the rare Blade be hostile and attack anyone? Or will the Blade ssek for help? I really want a Blade obtain quest someday where a rare Blade suddenly appears at the mercenaries camp and ask you to kill the monster.

I know I am super nitpicky here but I would prefer these kind of Blade quests having a better plot and antagonists despite they will always be predictable.
Overall, I loved the game and it’s definitely one of my favorite Switch games, if not my absolute favorite game on the Switch. It was one of my most anticipated games of last year, so I was not disappointed. I don’t think I liked it quite as much as the original Xenoblade Chronicles, but it was an experience that I won’t forget any time soon.
XC2 was the game that made me bought Switch lol. And mys sis bought the game just because it's well... anime...

And I still think this game overall is way better than XC1.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kiran being Kiran as usual.
Not so much a sum-up of players and Auto-battle, but gotta love how the comic is comparing Kiran to the other tacticians and just plainly showing his dumb luck.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The new CEMU build released today and Bayonetta 2 has seen big improvements. The game is now playable and won't crash anymore as long as you use the new XAudio2 sound API, though the game isn't 100% yet.

The main issue left is that cutscenes tend to bug out. They'll lock up CEMU for a few seconds (if you're in fullscreen you also can't exit fullscreen during this time), audio will eventually cut off, and then after a few seconds, it will start to run smoothly but audio will be de-synced. This happens in both pre-rendered and in-engine scenes, and it's kinda random. So I recommend just skipping cutscenes whenever possible.

Other than that there are a few minor graphical issues like occasional texture flickering and character shadows not showing up (the latter is a common issue in a lot of non-first party games), but those should be cleaned up once the texture cache rewrite is finished in the near future.

Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard used to have similar crashing issues like Bayonetta 2 but those have been fixed with the new sound API too.

Here's some pretty 4K screenshots of Bayonetta 2.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just beat Jamke's GHB on Infernal with my solo Summer Takumi team.

It took several tries. The main issue was the Pegasus Knight with Guidance that could easily bring Jamke over on Turn 1 or bring any other unit in the following turn to kill any of my units, so the first turn involved retreating away from the enemy lines to avoid being hit by Jamke. On the next turn, Takumi managed to kill Jamke, the Guidance Pegasus Knight, and the Blue Mage Cavalier. This left only the Axe Knight, the Red Mage, and the Sword Cavalier. Flying Olivia tanked the Axe Knight, while Normal Azura tanked both the Red Mage and the Sword Cavalier. Takumi was able to follow up with the necessary kills from there.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Back with more polls. Took a break since I was on a fishing trip. But yeah, the winner of the last Namco poll was Valkyrie. Don-Chan and Rick Taylor had a decent following while few seem to care about Wonder Momo.

Moving on to another big Namco series, is the famous arena fighter Tekken. There are loads of characters to choose from, but I’ll go with the most popular for now. Your choices are Heihachi Mishima, Jin Kazama, King, and Yoshimitsu.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom