• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember one time on holidays I bought a pepperoni pizza. At first I thought they got my order wrong because it looked like a cheese pizza. Underneath the cheese, was an entire layer of pepperoni. It completely covered the base to the point where it wasn't visible underneath all the pepperoni.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I remember one time on holidays I bought a pepperoni pizza. At first I thought they got my order wrong because it looked like a cheese pizza. Underneath the cheese, was an entire layer of pepperoni. It completely covered the base to the point where it wasn't visible underneath all the pepperoni.
Sounds heavenly.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm convinced the problem with olives is a mix of an utterly unlikable texture and the fact that some [REDACTED] thought it'd be funny to pickle them.

Green olives were my first food arch nemesis as a child, to the point that the mere idea of olives on a pizza would most likely have gotten me kicking and screaming despite the fact that I'd never had it on pizza. As I got older I found olive oil actually works nicely as a base for dippings and stuff. It brought me to realize what the real issue must have been.
Usually black olives go on a pizza. Least that's what they're talking about if they don't specify.

Green olives are unripe - pickling's about the only way to make them edible.

Onions on Pizza? Eh I guess if it's grilled it'll be alright then.
I wish. Grilled or caramelized onions would be excellent.

Usually these are just baked with the pizza. Come out about the same as they go in.

See spinach is alright on pizza.
Full disclosure.

Chicken/bacon/spinach is a common enough combo for me that the whole spinach thing was hypocritical from the start.

Or make it obvious that you bought either the pizza itself or the ingredients at Wal-Mart during a half-off sale.
shrug.png

Well that pretty much rules out my pizza.

Like my bro is the biggest pizza sinner ever. He likes to get pineapple and olives with like a white sauce.
Even if you wanted to put pineapple on a pizza, why would you ever pair it with white sauce?

I can't even fathom that thought process.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Please tell me you're talking about ranch. Please.

Sounds like I'd probably vomit, TBH.

It'd be like trying to bite through a layer of human flesh.
Ranch would be even worse. Also maybe he had regular pizza sauce I can’t remember.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mam emprhaim is going to destroy with Aether. Might try pulling for him.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
They dipped pineapple slices in white sauce. They were killing themselves.
If they were eating that, how'd you not die from eating them?

...or is this how we explain the skeleton?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly I'm convinced that the most fervent haters of Hawaiian pizza have never actually had Hawaiian pizza.
I would definitely believe some, as hating pineapple pizza appears to be a meme at some points. Some, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. Others I don't think hate pineapple pizza, but do not like pineapples and could care less whether pineapple pizza tasted good or not as they wouldn't try it in the first place due to not liking pineapples.
I don't necessarily hate pineapple, although it is a bit too sour and pulpy for me to eat regularly. I have had smoothies that had pineapple in them and while I didn't mind some of them, once again, some had too much pulp. And I really despise pulp, especially in my drinks. So pineapple is a mixed bag for me. However, my main deal is that I really dislike cooked/heated veggies and fruits that aren't corn or peas. So I wouldn't try pineapple pizza in the first place as I really dislike heated veggies, fruits and whatnot.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ranch would be even worse. Also maybe he had regular pizza sauce I can’t remember.
Regular pizza sauce is just redundant. I don't even understand why they bundle that with pizza.

Do people really like the sauce that much? I like mine to be subtle.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mam emprhaim is going to destroy with Aether. Might try pulling for him.
This post comes off as such a non sequitur amidst the pizza topic I find it kinda funny.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Salt and pepper.

I became a skeleton after the Undertale fandom ripped the flesh from my bones.

Adult conversations.
I'm pretty sure this is only an adult conversation if you're from Greek mythology on some kind of illegal substance.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Serious question here, when you guys go to make yourself a bowl of cereal, do you pour the milk first?
I may have done it once as a kid on accident forgetting what order it went.

I'm pretty sure I immediately learned why it's cereal first from that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally beat the London Singularity in Fate/Grand Order.

It was good story-wise. I liked the whole mystery-thing going on with the demon fog and trying to uncover the servants that were responsible for creating, those being Charles Babbage, Paracelsus, and Jack the Ripper. I also feel like Jack the Ripper was better handled here than she was in Fate/Apocrypha. Her role was decent in introducing the dangers of the Demon Fog and how she played the role of expanding it in London. Basically, she felt more relevant to the story compared to what Fate/Apocrypha did to her (that show made her more like filler, especially in that later arc).

Character-wise, I absolutely loved Mordred here. She was the main ally servant in this route similar to Drake in Okeanos and Jeanne in France, and just like Fate/Apocrypha, yet again she proved to be the best servant in the story. Still as spunky as ever just like her F/A self, but here, we also see a more sincere and kind side to her. I really liked her dialogue with Mash around the second half of the story where she consoles the latter regarding how she shouldn't worry about not utilizing her Noble Phantasm to the fullest while telling her it's times like that she should turn to her master. Honestly, after seeing her in both Fate/Apocrypha and the London singularity, Mordred is already on her way to becoming one of my servants in the Fate series.

The other supporting cast were a fun bunch too. Dr. Jekyll was the brains of the task force and brought up some good input on the developing situations, Hans was entertaining, and so was Shakespeare (the banter he had with Hans was memorable too). Sakata Kintoki and Tamamo no Mae were a fun duo towards the end of the story with some great dialogue (loved the way how they intervened against Tesla). The only one I didn't really feel for was Frankenstein. She didn't really do much other than do the usual grunts, and you couldn't even use her in any battle. She later has some relevance when everyone finally confronts Charles Babbage (since he knew Victor and thus knew about Frakenstein), but I couldn't help but feel they could've done more with her character.

I was very surprised to see Zouken Matou show up and reveal himself to be among the leaders responsible for the creation of the Demon Fog. Zouken, shouldn't you be in Japan? How did you end up in London? Anyway, he mainly shows up just to reveal that he was among the masterminds, and then he turns into the Demon God for you to fight. Wow, the Demon God fight isn't at the end? Surprising. I kinda wish we got to see more of Zouken here. The fact he ends up in London and ends up aligning on Lev's team is just intriguing and begs a lot of questions.

And shortly after Zouken is eliminated, the demon fog summons Nikola Tesla, who ascends onto the London surface in the hopes of reaching the sky with the intention of using his lightning powers to expand the fog so that it engulfs all of England, and eventually, the entire world, thus initiating the apocalypse. I was reminded of the ending of Septem where Altera was summoned, kills Lev, and then sets off to Rome to destroy it. The problem with the execution of that scene was it happened right at the very end, and thus felt incredibly rush. Here, I think the London singularity handled it better. While Zouken could've benefitted from more screentime, Nikola Tesla had more scenes compared to Altera. Thus, we got to see how much of a threat Tesla was, as well as understand what was at stake if he ascended to the sky and expanded the fog.

After Tesla and Altria Lancer are stopped, everyone heads back to the London Underground to recover the Grail... only to meet the main antagonist of Fate/Grand Order and the one responsible for all the singularities thus far: King Solomon. Damn, what an introduction that guy had. Quite the sinister dude, and misanthropic too. The battle with him wasn't too hard, but damn did I feel a pain in my chest when Solomon annihilated Kintoki, Tamamo, Shakespeare, and Hans afterward. I was surprised that he didn't go for the kill on Mash, Mordred, and myself despite how sinister he was during that entire scene, and the analogy he makes of how he only showed up in the London singularity was something similar to (paraphrased) "temporarily going to the bathroom while playing a video game." He leaves afterward while laughing like a maniac. I'm hoping he's a misanthrope villain done right.

Perhaps my biggest issue with this story was how they handled Kintoki, Tamamo, and Altria Lancer. Kintoki and Tamamo pretty much show up only during the part when Nikola Tesla was climbing up the steps to reach the London skies, then they appear again when confronting Solomon... only to be killed off by him shortly afterward. Not gonna lie, but I really wish they had more appearances throughout the story considering how enjoyable both were as characters. Seriously, Kintoki's chill and bro-like attitude, his banter with Tamamo, and Tamamo calling out London's mess were among my highlights. They could've been foreshadowed about earlier in the story, and maybe they'd descend down to London to investigate what was going on, and during that time, they'd run into our heroes to discuss the situation. This could happen a few times during the story, and their moment with Tesla would've served as their climax. Perhaps I may just be biased and wishing unnecessarily for more since I'm a Tamamo fan, but still, I couldn't help but feel Kintoki and Tamamo were underutilized.

Speaking of underutilized, holy cow was Altria Lancer wasted potential. First and only time she shows up is towards the very end, specifically after beating Tesla for the final time and before the battle with Solomon. Her battle is treated as a big moment for Mordred. After all, Mordred had a deep resentment for her father growing up. I couldn't help but think Altria Lancer's role should've been to be among the people that created the Demon Fog, or at the very least some kind of major antagonist role to give Mordred someone to measure up to throughout the story. This would've helped make the connection between the two feel much more personal, with their final battle before facing Solomon serving as a great culmination of the bittered relationship. Alas, we never got that with Altria Lancer.

In all, this was a good Singularity story-wise. There were some solid characters (special shoutouts again to Mordred, Kintoki, and Tamamo), and interactions throughout, and even the villains were an interesting bunch. The main issue was how they threw a few servants in at the last minute rather than introducing them earlier.

Ranking the Singularities in terms of story thus-far:

Orleans > Okeanos >> London >>>>>>>>>> Fuyuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Septem

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
upload_2018-2-27_2-19-52.png

Every time we discuss pizza.

Every time.

Y'all bringing back fat pikachu.

I hate that meme.
Give me some credit.

Keeping calm is optional.

Serious question here, when you guys go to make yourself a bowl of cereal, do you pour the milk first?
No.

That's a terrible plan.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Why is it terrible?
Cereal floats.

Pouring over cereal, the cereal at the bottom is held under by the cereal on top. Lets you fill the bowl full of cereal, then add milk till you've got a comfortable ratio.

's my thoughts. But 's your bowl, do what you want.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But heard people do it so it must be true.

So why is it cereal first?

Oh Ok.

Why is it terrible?
Because you have to guess how much milk to use if you poor it in before the cereal. Put in too much, then you just make a mess when yo add the cereal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, here's my prediction for Pokemon Day
Junichi Masuda comes and says "Hello everyone! We'll only focus on Gen I now. Never ask me for anything ever again" before he does a dance which involves pelvic thrusting the camera to Devilman no Uta

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Watched Nairo play For Glory and I have a footage of him destroying this Diddy Kong player by a quick zero-to-death:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
:joyful:

I really want to pronounce it "KUH-jelly". Anyone else?
I wish I understood FE more.
Didn't know you have Twitter, followed you.
So all this talk about Pizza makes me wonder, what do you guys usually get on you Pizza?

Sausage and Mushrooms for me.
Hm, I remember we have discussed about pizza topping back in the last thread....
Every time we discuss pizza.

Every time.
I knew some users know that we discussed about pizza before...

And just a few days later it will be 1st anniversary of Switch launch, this has to be celebrated when back it was launched, it got plenty of mixed reviews, even more mixed than the Wii U (and a lot of users still loves to compare Switch to Wii U for whatever reason) ... So did anybody got their Switch at launch?

I also remember when I saw Nintendo switch for the first time, despite some accuse me of being a Nintendo fanboy (which I am not). I wasn't too blown away with the console at first, in fact, I was a bit confused. I know it is a hybrid already but the console felt complicated to some extent.
I also didn't like the name of Nintendo Switch, I used to think the name sounds dumb.

One more thing, I really can't forget probably Rerez's most idiotic thing he have ever mentioned about Nintendo Switch. He argued that nobody didn't look at him when he was playing Nintendo switch... And he concluded that most consumers will think Switch is just an Android tablet... Yikes...

I mean hey, just today I play my Switch in my school restaurant at noon where there will be lots of students like me. Guess what?
No one looked at me either... So yeah... Switch is still gonna fail I guess, according to Rerez...

Also back his prediction on Switch total sales was both pessimistic and vague...
He thinks it will outsell Wii U by the END of 2018 (already did, but way earlier than he predicted) but he dosen't think it will outsell 3ds...

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
my last mintue pokemon day rpediticiton we will get a reveal but youll not be satisfied

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Outlast just stealth released on some region's eshops.

Even the release is trying to jump out and scare you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay I know there is Anime Awards, but I didn't know there was live stream ceremony.

I kind of forget if The Land of the Lustrous won any awards or not...if not then man...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom