• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do you not know the definition of "infinite power"?
I really shouldn't indulge but...

"Infinite power" is too vague a concept that literally has no meaning, and means something different depending on the series in question.

The amount of games I've played/shows I've watched where it is at some point stated that a main villain or main character has "infinite power" only for them to be defeated by just hitting them enough times or hitting them in the right spot is probably in the hundreds.

In Kirby's case, all the "infinite power" thing means is that his Copy Ability allows him to copy any element or talent. It's probably more accurate to say Kirby has an "infinite repertoire of powers", but that just doesn't sound as catchy, so they went with "infinite power". However, as has been proven time and time again in both gameplay and cinematic content, Kirby's Copy Ability does NOT grant him mastery of the power he copies. At best, he gets a very basic handle of it, just enough for it to be useful. Notice how in the various Kirby games where you can play as other characters, their moveset is ALWAYS a Kirby copy ability, but with more moves or enhanced properties. Meta Knight is a better Sword Kirby. Dedede is a better Hammer Kirby. Bandanna Dee is a better Spear Kirby.

Basically, the "infinite power"/"unlimited potential" line that games like to drop about Kirby is just a cute, poetic way of referencing his Copy Ability.

People just latched onto this "infinite power" thing so they could run with the meme that an adorable pink puffball is the most powerful character in all of fiction.

Which would be funny, only it's gotten to a point where people actually genuinely believe the meme now and seriously try to argue that Kirby is the most powerful thing since sliced bread.

D

Deleted member

Shiny, in the future when you get into VS. arguments, there's a term you might want to get familiar with:

No Limits Fallacy

And if any character in existence exemplifies this fallacy the most, it is Kirby. Essentially, extrapolating certain examples and stretching them out to infinity. Also known as "proof by example"

I've made this mistake before. We all have
OOoooh, All right.
No one can really be the strongest, because it is not proven?
Got it.
R.O.B.

He's real and, with the right positioning of his arms and a gyro, he can turn off the game console.
*GASPS*
That menas he can turn off the computer, which has One Punch Man and Dragon Ball in it.

R.O.B is the most powerful thing in all of gaming.

I jest, of course.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
OOoooh, All right.
No one can really be the strongest, because it is not proven?
Got it.
No, someone can.

But using "infinite power" as a legit argument is ludicrous because it never puts into consideration what other franchises have done.

I'd personally say Ganondorf is a potential contender for most powerful character because in canon, only holy weaponry like light arrows or the Master Sword can actually hurt him. Anything else is like a tickle to him.

Is he powerful enough to defeat everyone? Maybe not, but he can certainly tank most of the roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really shouldn't indulge but...

"Infinite power" is too vague a concept that literally has no meaning, and means something different depending on the series in question.

The amount of games I've played/shows I've watched where it is at some point stated that a main villain or main character has "infinite power" only for them to be defeated by just hitting them enough times or hitting them in the right spot is probably in the hundreds.

In Kirby's case, all the "infinite power" thing means is that his Copy Ability allows him to copy any element or talent. It's probably more accurate to say Kirby has an "infinite repertoire of powers", but that just doesn't sound as catchy, so they went with "infinite power". However, as has been proven time and time again in both gameplay and cinematic content, Kirby's Copy Ability does NOT grant him mastery of the power he copies. At best, he gets a very basic handle of it, just enough for it to be useful. Notice how in the various Kirby games where you can play as other characters, their moveset is ALWAYS a Kirby copy ability, but with more moves or enhanced properties. Meta Knight is a better Sword Kirby. Dedede is a better Hammer Kirby. Bandanna Dee is a better Spear Kirby.

Basically, the "infinite power"/"unlimited potential" line that games like to drop about Kirby is just a cute, poetic way of referencing his Copy Ability.

People just latched onto this "infinite power" thing so they could run with the meme that an adorable pink puffball is the most powerful character in all of fiction.

Which would be funny, only it's gotten to a point where people actually genuinely believe the meme now and seriously try to argue that Kirby is the most powerful thing since sliced bread.
Ahh you are right.
The thing is, Kirby did beat Magalor who had the Master Crown, but so did... Bandanna Dee.

Kirby can still die, but it did not look like that it refereneced his coby ability too much....

Ahh whatever. Stuff like "The Most Powerful Character in Smash" or "Goku vs Saitama" get my brain going.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, someone can.

But using "infinite power" as a legit argument is ludicrous because it never puts into consideration what other franchises have done.

I'd personally say Ganondorf is a potential contender for most powerful character because in canon, only holy weaponry like light arrows or the Master Sword can actually hurt him. Anything else is like a tickle to him.

Is he powerful enough to defeat everyone? Maybe not, but he can certainly tank most of the roster.
If we extend it to holy weapons and not just the Master Sword or Light Arrows, then all the Fire Emblem characters (save Robin), Kid Icarus characters, Simon, Richter, and potentially Meta Knight (I'm not super familiar with Kirby lore...is Galaxia a holy weapon?) could take him out. :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If we extend it to holy weapons and not just the Master Sword or Light Arrows, then all the Fire Emblem characters (save Robin), Kid Icarus characters, Simon, Richter, and potentially Meta Knight (I'm not super familiar with Kirby lore...is Galaxia a holy weapon?) could take him out. :p
There's also Shulk.

But yeah, whoever is the strongest has to be one of those.

Ganondorf is basically the gatekeeper that prevents things like "KIRBY CAN WIN BECAUSE INFINITE POWER"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't engage in VS. debates for the reasons I explained earlier. I only do it for Yoshi occasionally NOT because I take his power ranking seriously but because he gets ganged up on and someone has to stick up for him...

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
(I'm not super familiar with Kirby lore...is Galaxia a holy weapon?)
According to the anime, Galaxia was forged “when the universe was young” and had a “mind of it’s own,” and it also could communicate telepathically. Also, in many official artworks, it’s depicted as a flaming sword.

Not exactly holy, but it’s pretty damn special.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Full xeno spoilers but nobody cares anymore yada, yada.

Endgame Shulk wins by default purely on the premise that if someone is stronger, smarter, faster, or whatever, they simply are written out of reality. Period. They simply don't exist anymore. Deus Ex Machina'd.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."

Last edited:

Chrono.

So I just noticed Roy has a new dash animation.

Meanwhile, Chrom has Roy's old dash animation.

I wonder if that's something they'll change later on.

Chrono.

I’d say Ike is. He killed a god.
That's not too impressive honestly.

Especially with other characters that've done similar things like Shulk and Pit, or characters who are gods themselves like... Again, Shulk and/or Palutena.

D

Deleted member

Kirby kills a god every other week and makes it back to Dreamland in time for lunch.
Didn't one of the recent games imply Kirby is a God of some sort too?
See? This is why Kirby is the strongest out of everyone else.
There's also Shulk.

But yeah, whoever is the strongest has to be one of those.

Ganondorf is basically the gatekeeper that prevents things like "KIRBY CAN WIN BECAUSE INFINITE POWER"
He has infinite abilities and power ups that can probably counter anyone's strategy.
If Link, Zelda and Young Link were dead, than Ganondorf can probably cause havoc on the roster.
Sorry but probably only Light Arrows and Master Swords work.

I would say that Shulk is second. First is Kirby.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
They say that he has unlimited power a couple of times, but that isn’t really backed up by much.

I mean, he can hit a meteor with a baseball bat over 9999 light-years away in around 30 seconds, and he can pick up a frying pan 20 times his size and toss it to the sun and back, but that isn’t exactly unlimited. Unlimited is incredibly hard to define.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Kirby kills a god every other week and makes it back to Dreamland in time for lunch.
I hate it when I'm right:
Shiny, in the future when you get into VS. arguments, there's a term you might want to get familiar with:

No Limits Fallacy

And if any character in existence exemplifies this fallacy the most, it is Kirby. Essentially, extrapolating certain examples and stretching them out to infinity. Also known as "proof by example"

I've made this mistake before. We all have

D

Deleted member

ChikoLad ChikoLad
While you did imply that Kirby's "Infinite Power" probably does not mean that and he has infinite possiblities with copy abilites, he has beaten foes that had have infinite power.

Like Magalor with the Master Crown, Meta Knight, Galacta Knight ( The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy ).

I am sure Kirby can beat Shulk and potentially gain his power.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The "Ganondorf can't be killed by anything other holy weapons" is a poor defense because it's only applicable within the Zelda universe. Nothing in the Zelda universe exists, besides holy weapons, that can kill Ganondorf. But all that means is that holy weapons are the most powerful weapons in the Zelda universe. And if you look at the history of the series...yeah, they kinda are. Holy weapons and magic are always at least among the most powerful or damaging tools in Zelda games, not just against Ganondorf, but against anything.

I don't buy that Ganondorf is literally immune to everything BUT holy weapons, merely that he hasn't encountered anything equal to or more powerful than that in his own universe. He's never gone up against a giant plasma canon from like, Gundam or something (not really saying that's more powerful than a holy weapon, just saying it as a random example). There are probably a multitude of weapon types and powers that are higher up on the power scale that has never dealt with, that would obliterate him.

But OK, let's say for argument's sake, he is immune to anything that isn't a holy weapon, at least, he can't be killed by it. Well....defeat =/= death. There are characters that could throw him into a pocket universe he can't escape from. Or just have Itachi Uchiha from Naruto throw him into an Izanami loop. Things like that are things that would prevent Ganondorf from chasing world domination (in the case of Izanami, it might actually make him a good guy).

So yeah like the Kirby thing, that one is blown way outta proportion.

Full xeno spoilers but nobody cares anymore yada, yada.

Endgame Shulk wins by default purely on the premise that if someone is stronger, smarter, faster, or whatever, they simply are written out of reality. Period. They simply don't exist anymore. Deus Ex Machina'd.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
Shulk wished for a world ruled not by gods, but by Homs.

That doesn't imply that any other gods even were wiped out. At most, it just made them indifferent to the affairs of Homs.

To not even speak of characters that are as powerful or more powerful than proclaimed gods, but don't claim themselves to be one or are already indifferent to the affairs of others.

Also it's Alvis that does the work here anyway.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I’d say Ike is. He killed a god.
Robin killed a god who also happened to be himself because only he could had the power to kill himself.

Forget Ganondorf, Robin is Smash's ultimate tank. :happysheep:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
ChikoLad ChikoLad
While you did imply that Kirby's "Infinite Power" probably does not mean that and he has infinite possiblities with copy abilites, he has beaten foes that had have infinite power.

Like Magalor with the Master Crown, Meta Knight, Galacta Knight ( The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy ).

I am sure Kirby can beat Shulk and potentially gain his power.
Gravity Falls spoiler:

Stan Pines defeated a being who is stated to have infinite power. Does that give Stan infinite power?

D

Deleted member

No, someone can.

I really don't like the "can only be defeated by X" fallacy. Ganondorf can only be killed by the Master Sword and holy arrows, yes, but that's within the Zelda universe. They have no way of knowing what other weaponry or power would also be able to defeat him.
The only time "can only be defeated by X" applies is when it's worded the opposite way: "X cannot be defeated by Y". So if a character is immune to lightning, then it's immune to all lightning, regardless of the universe or how powerful it is.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
He has infinite abilities and power ups that can probably counter anyone's strategy.
If Link, Zelda and Young Link were dead, than Ganondorf can probably cause havoc on the roster.
Sorry but probably only Light Arrows and Master Swords work.

I would say that Shulk is second. First is Kirby.
For the sake of giving everyone a chance, anyone with holy weaponry is fair game for Ganondorf.

This means the following are the people who can harm Ganon.

:ultcorrin::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:

We'll also add Bayonetta due to her ability to summon a character capable of killing gods.

:ultbayonetta:

And because why not? Mewtwo because the **** he can do with his psychicness can be bonkers sometimes.

:ultmewtwo:

The strongest has to be one of those.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
all you need to know about me is that looking at the piracy argument from 15 pages ago and the power level argument from this page made me equally mad

D

Deleted member

You all are forgetting Rosalina literally resetted the Mario Universe.
She may be a Mario character, but do not underestimate her.

Here is the top two:
1. :ultkirby:
2. :ultshulk:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The "Ganondorf can't be killed by anything other holy weapons" is a poor defense because it's only applicable within the Zelda universe. Nothing in the Zelda universe exists, besides holy weapons, that can kill Ganondorf. But all that means is that holy weapons are the most powerful weapons in the Zelda universe. And if you look at the history of the series...yeah, they kinda are. Holy weapons and magic are always at least among the most powerful or damaging tools in Zelda games, not just against Ganondorf, but against anything.

I don't buy that Ganondorf is literally immune to everything BUT holy weapons, merely that he hasn't encountered anything equal to or more powerful than that in his own universe. He's never gone up against a giant plasma canon from like, Gundam or something (not really saying that's more powerful than a holy weapon, just saying it as a random example). There are probably a multitude of weapon types and powers that are higher up on the power scale that has never dealt with, that would obliterate him.

But OK, let's say for argument's sake, he is immune to anything that isn't a holy weapon, at least, he can't be killed by it. Well....defeat =/= death. There are characters that could throw him into a pocket universe he can't escape from. Or just have Itachi Uchiha from Naruto throw him into an Izanami loop. Things like that are things that would prevent Ganondorf from chasing world domination (in the case of Izanami, it might actually make him a good guy).

So yeah like the Kirby thing, that one is blown way outta proportion.

Shulk wished for a world ruled not by gods, but by Homs.

That doesn't imply that any other gods even were wiped out. At most, it just made them indifferent to the affairs of Homs.

To not even speak of characters that are as powerful or more powerful than proclaimed gods, but don't claim themselves to be one or are already indifferent to the affairs of others.

Also it's Alvis that does the work here anyway.
Oh riiiiiight.

I almost completely forgot about Alvis.
Welp, in that case, Shulk, in Shulk's world, would win.
Course, that expands outwards to the condition of the "VS battle" so screw it, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom