• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It sounds much better if the j is pronounced like a y.

I’ll be so pissed it’s not.
My life would be a lie if it was pronounced with a y.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yep.
1519686493082.gif

lol The box art for the Naruto trilogy.

There was an attempt.

But hey, on the bright side all 3 games don't require an extra download.
You can slap the New Funky Mode label on that box and it would look fitting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Are... Are you implying it's pronounced "Tharya"?

That'd mean something if I actually cared about those characters to look for their voice clips
First of all how dare you imply that Hardin is anything short of perfection.

Second of all, though, Thar-ya is a very popular alternate pronunciation, mainly due to it being closer to her Japanese name (Sallya) than the alternative. On the other hand, though, Linde's Japanese name is Rinda, meaning Linde should be pronounced like Linda. Warriors, however, shows that it's actually Lyn'd, so that method isn't foolproof.

Basically we just need to wait until the Awakening DLC for Warriors drops in March to know for sure. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Last call for my DBZ Mafia. I dont like advertising my own thing, but I like unhappy players even less

https://smashboards.com/threads/dragon-ball-mafia-sign-up-phase.453213/

Open to veterans and newcomers alike.

That's not fair. You can slap New Funky Mode on anything and it will fit.
:061:
If you guys need some extra convincing to tag along, I've started a Mafia wiki:

http://nintenzone-social-mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Nintenzone_Social_Mafia_Wiki

A little small and missing some bells and whistles, but I think it gets the point across.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just hate the "for Nintendo Switch" subtitle. It looks tacky and kinda cheapens the game or at least gives the idea that it's a "cheap" port.
i hope they pretend "for " and "nintendo" from the old versions dont exist and they just go with Super Smash Bros Switch. Just like with FE Echoes slap that switch on there and don't add anything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also speaking of controversial Fire Emblem pronunciations...

Camus isn't pronounced like Samus. It's French, a la Albert Camus, so it's Cam-Yoo.

D

Deleted member

First of all how dare you imply that Hardin is anything short of perfection.

Second of all, though, Thar-ya is a very popular alternate pronunciation, mainly due to it being closer to her Japanese name (Sallya) than the alternative. On the other hand, though, Linde's Japanese name is Rinda, meaning Linde should be pronounced like Linda. Warriors, however, shows that it's actually Lyn'd, so that method isn't foolproof.

Basically we just need to wait until the Awakening DLC for Warriors drops in March to know for sure. :p
I don't know what's worse, the fact people honestly think "Thar-ya" actually makes sense or the fact her name has somehow never been pronounced in a game yet.

Camus isn't pronounced like Samus. It's French, a la Albert Camus, so it's Cam-Yoo.
WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST PRONOUNCE IT LIKE IT'S WRITTEN WHO WOULD CALL HIM SAMUS THIS IS WHY WE NEED FULL VOICE ACTING DAMNIT
We just need 3 people for Zeb’s dbz mafia.
We already have 15, that's plenty enough, but you know what they say, the more the merrier

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

what the hell no-so-intelligent systems. errr I mean localisation team. They can keep that Camyoo for france while english regions get camus.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I knew I had a bad habit of pronouncing things wrong in my head, but GEEZ.

This topic hurts my head and my pride.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For the record, it's Lægjarn.
The "e" thingy added after other vowels is actually denoting it's pronounced with an acute tone, so an "æ" is more like an "ah". It's basically an accent but I don't expect you 'muricans to get that
So she’s Log-yarn.

Also eww I’m not American.
No, what? It's more like "lag". How is an "a" gonna make an "o" sound anyways?
People pronounce Fjorm with the j as a y sound right?

Why do they have trouble with Tharja then...
Because it's entirely ambiguous whether Tharja's name has origins in Norse or Sanskrit. Fjorm's name is obviously Norse since basically everything in Zenith, whether Askr, Embla, Nifl, or Muspell, is Norse inspired.

Tharja, meanwhile, is a lot more ambiguous. Thar-ya for Norse, Thar-zha (like in "vision" or "Taj Mahal") for Sanskrit.

Personally I go for the latter for Tharja because of Rhajat's name taking the Sanskrit pronunciation.
My life would be a lie if it was pronounced with a y.

Uhh...
....can we go back to the nipple talk?

Last edited:
This is the worst thing i've ever read. It sounds so silly to me.

I'm pronouncing it like Campus, and nothing can stop me.
Uhh...

That's why wer were discussing Tharya
hey you have a DB sig. You would be interested in DB mafia righttttttttttttt :troll:
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope I don't see anyone here pronouncing Joshua as "Yoshua" or else we'll have people "leaving" the thread "permanently"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uhh...

I don't get to do linguistics discussions often; let me have this.

I don't know what's worse, the fact people honestly think "Thar-ya" actually makes sense or the fact her name has somehow never been pronounced in a game yet.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST PRONOUNCE IT LIKE IT'S WRITTEN WHO WOULD CALL HIM SAMUS THIS IS WHY WE NEED FULL VOICE ACTING DAMNIT

We already have 15, that's plenty enough, but you know what they say, the more the merrier
I meant that most people pronounce his name as if it rhymed with Samus, not that they literally said Samus. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I got the Szechuan Sauce and it doesn't taste that bad.

Quite sweet actually. Nice
that there were no riots nor Rick & Morty fans around compared to the last time.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't get to do linguistics discussions often; let me have this.

I meant that most people pronounce his name as if it rhymed with Samus, not that they literally said Samus. :p
Well sometimes C can be pronounced like an s so it isn’t that unbelievable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And The Stoopid Unikorn was never seen again...

Oh okay, that makes sense and that's actually how I pronounce it so it's definitely the right way to do it.
You have lost your right to complain about Croy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You have lost your right to complain about Croy.
I'LL PRONOUNCE CAMUS AS "CAM-YOO" WHEN THEY DECIDE TO ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEONE SPEAK IT LIKE CROIX UNTIL THEN I'LL PRONOUNCE IT AS "CAM-US" WITH EVERY INCH OF MY LIFE
Caeda would like a word with you. As would Julius Caesar, the Caesar Salad, and the Caesarean section.
That's on you English speakers for keeping the stupid "a" because you don't like consistency.
And Caeda is "Kay-dah" fight me

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
tfw Monolith pulls a sneaky spoiler with that USB
There's spoiler with the USB? Maybe it's better for me to not know what it is....
Ok, that's not a core crystal guys, that's just a Zohar from Xenosaga... and that lifehold from Xenobladae X....

Chrono.

There's spoiler with the USB? Maybe it's better for me to not know what it is....
Ok, that's not a core crystal guys, that's just a Zohar from Xenosaga... and that lifehold from Xenobladae X....
Which shares it's shape with Pyra/Mythra's core crystal.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since this was brought up I'm curious how people pronounce my username...
Ay-ther-ee. Emphasis on the middle syllable. Different emphasis than the word Aether due to the I at the end, but same general pronunciation.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well this is interesting.

While Zeraora wasn't in the trailer, we got wind of a new merchandise listing for June of this year and it has a couple interesting tidbits:

According to this, alongside Pikachu and Lugia there are three unknown listings (apparently titled "on-screen Pokémon A/B/C) for Pokémon for release. Zeraora would likely account for one, but the other two we have no indication of who they are outside of speculation. So it seems like we may start hearing about some of the new roster for the game before or during June if this is any indication.

Edit: Also, according to Desdar300 on Bulbapedia, the new girl's name is Lisa, she made a promise to Lugia at one point, and the town has a connection to the wind. Not too much, but at least we got a bit more on her.
I hope it really is gen 8 Pokemon. That be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom