• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Who has the best avatar here you think?
I don't know about frightened, myself, but I feel. . .unsettled. As though some kind of alien parasite has wormed itself into a cinnamon roll and laid maggots.

But frightened works too.
View attachment 137624
I think you are right, that Pit image I saw unsettles me. Yours is something.

D

Deleted member

Okay so I looked at Zeraora for the first time.
I find it really ugly

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And the winner of the bowl was the luchador star Hawlucha (Should had been in Pokken). Aegislash did prove to have a sizable fandom in the long run. While it was Goodra and Tyrantrum who were left in the dust.

Next up is the last Gen 6 poll before we are up to date with Gen 7. Your choices are Pangoro, Diancie, Trevenant, and Meowstic.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Are you are excited for the inevitable Decidueye vs Incineroar?

It's the opposite for me.

I love it.
I've seen people compare it to a DeviantArt OC.

But it at least has more originality than the typical OC.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

The "e" thingy added after other vowels is actually denoting it's pronounced with an acute tone, so an "æ" is more like an "ah". It's basically an accent but I don't expect you 'muricans to get that

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
From serebii.net
The movie is now called Pokémon: Everyone's Story (みんなの物語) In the trailer, it shows a large city and Lugia flying over. It showcases the new girl, Lisa and her Eevee, a performer called Kagachi and his Sudowoodo, a weak researcher called Torito and his Chansey, an elderly trainer called Hisui with a Togepi, Totodile, Smoochum & Marill and a mysterious girl called Rarugo before it pans to Ash with Lugia flying over and meeting all the other trainers.
-The rainbow waifu is called Lisa
-There's a loli

-Torito means "little bull" in spanish.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The "e" thingy added after other vowels is actually denoting it's pronounced with an acute tone, so an "æ" is more like an "ah". It's basically an accent but I don't expect you 'muricans to get that
So she’s Log-yarn.

Also eww I’m not American.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well this is interesting.

While Zeraora wasn't in the trailer, we got wind of a new merchandise listing for June of this year and it has a couple interesting tidbits:

According to this, alongside Pikachu and Lugia there are three unknown listings (apparently titled "on-screen Pokémon A/B/C) for Pokémon for release. Zeraora would likely account for one, but the other two we have no indication of who they are outside of speculation. So it seems like we may start hearing about some of the new roster for the game before or during June if this is any indication.

Edit: Also, according to Desdar300 on Bulbapedia, the new girl's name is Lisa, she made a promise to Lugia at one point, and the town has a connection to the wind. Not too much, but at least we got a bit more on her.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well this is interesting.

While Zeraora wasn't in the trailer, we got wind of a new merchandise listing for June of this year and it has a couple interesting tidbits:

According to this, alongside Pikachu and Lugia there are three unknown listings for Pokémon for release. Zeraora would likely account for one, but the other two we have no indication of who they are outside of speculation. So it seems like we may start hearing about some of the new roster for the game before or during June if this is any indication.
I'll make a guess about the unknown merch:

03. Zeraora
04. Rainbowfu & Eevee
05. New Eeevelution

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, what? It's more like "lag". How is an "a" gonna make an "o" sound anyways?
Æ makes that sound in the IPA, yes, but it's also used for the "ay" sound in some languages, including Norse ones. It's definitely Lay-vuh-tayn and Layg-yarn.

Plus it helps that Heroes itself pronounces it that way. And it's not an Ephraim/Lyon/Yune/Archanea situation either, because Laevatein and Laegjarn both pronounce the former's name that way in both English and Japanese.

D

Deleted member

Ah makes the same sound as an o in log. >>
Uhm, no, it doesn't?
Æ makes that sound in the IPA, yes, but it's also used for the "ay" sound in some languages, including Norse ones. It's definitely Lay-vuh-tayn and Layg-yarn.

Plus it helps that Heroes itself pronounces it that way. And it's not an Ephraim/Lyon/Yune/Archanea situation either, because Laevatein and Laegjarn both pronounce the former's name that way in both English and Japanese.
Wait, there are voiced lines of them calling the other's name? Must have missed that then lol

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People pronounce Fjorm with the j as a y sound right?

Why do they have trouble with Tharja then...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uhm, no, it doesn't?

Wait, there are voiced lines of them calling the other's name? Must have missed that then lol
Yes, they do.
All the voice clips get uploaded to YouTube pretty quickly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People pronounce Fjorm with the j as a y sound right?

Why do they have trouble with Tharja then...
Because it's entirely ambiguous whether Tharja's name has origins in Norse or Sanskrit. Fjorm's name is obviously Norse since basically everything in Zenith, whether Askr, Embla, Nifl, or Muspell, is Norse inspired.

Tharja, meanwhile, is a lot more ambiguous. Thar-ya for Norse, Thar-zha (like in "vision" or "Taj Mahal") for Sanskrit.

Personally I go for the latter for Tharja because of Rhajat's name taking the Sanskrit pronunciation.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because it's entirely ambiguous whether Tharja's name has origins in Norse or Sanskrit. Fjorm's name is obviously Norse since basically everything in Zenith, whether Askr, Embla, Nifl, or Muspell, is Norse inspired.

Tharja, meanwhile, is a lot more ambiguous. Thar-ya for Norse, Thar-zha (like in "vision" or "Taj Mahal") for Sanskrit.

Personally I go for the latter for Tharja because of Rhajat's name taking the Sanskrit pronunciation.
It sounds much better if the j is pronounced like a y.

I’ll be so pissed it’s not.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It sounds much better if the j is pronounced like a y.

I’ll be so pissed it’s not.
I feel the opposite. The Sanskrit pronunciation rolls off the tongue a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom