• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Caeda would like a word with you. As would Julius Caesar, the Caesar Salad, and the Caesarean section.
That would go more in line with her original name, Sheeda. But while Caeda sounds cooler due to the semblance to Caesar, do remember in Classical Latin around the time of Rome, the C was a hard K and the ae bit was pronounced like "eye", so Caesar was pronounced similar to it's German successor, Kaiser, with the "sar" bit sounding like it's Russian successor, Czar. So Caeda in Classical Latin would be something along the lines of "Ka-id-a." or "Kai-da".

Also, since there's an argument of name pronunciations going on, I have one thing to say......

Altria

D

Deleted member

That would go more in line with her original name, Sheeda. But while Caeda sounds cooler due to the semblance to Caesar, do remember in Classical Latin around the time of Rome, the C was a hard K and the ae bit was pronounced like "eye", so Caesar was pronounced similar to it's German successor, Kaiser, with the "sar" bit sounding like it's Russian successor, Czar. So Caeda in Classical Latin would be something along the lines of "Ka-id-a." or "Kai-da".

Also, since there's an argument of name pronunciations going on, I have one thing to say......

Altria
OUT. NOW.
Fire Emblem fans getting spicier than before.
Uhh...

....can we go back to the nipple talk?
Sure! ~nipples glow~
So, who wants to make the puns again?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How does one pronounce Cherche, Virion, Vaike, Panne, Kjelle, Neimi, Innes,L'Arachel, Duessel, Ismaire, Gatrie, Bartre, Canas, Geitz, and Vaida?

If I'm gonna ask questions on Fire Emblem pronunciations. I'm gonna ask about all the ones I doubt.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So...

How does one pronounce Cherche, Virion, Vaike, Panne, Kjelle, Neimi, Innes,L'Arachel, Duessel, Ismaire, Gatrie, Bartre, Canas, Geitz, and Vaida?

If I'm gonna ask questions on Fire Emblem pronunciations. I'm gonna ask about all the ones I doubt.
Cher-shay, Veer-eon, Vay-k, Pan, Nee-me, In-is, Ar-uh-shell, Do-sul, is-mare, Gay-tree, Bart-er, Can-is, Gates, Vy-duh.

Edit: Forgot Kjelle.. I pronounce her name K-yell.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Atalante. :p
In Greek, Atalante is her original pronunciation, so it's not wrong unlike Altria, who the translators were forced to write as rather than what her name is supposed to be.

Also, in terms of other famous questionable pronunciations, Tidus.

D

Deleted member

Dragons are just bigger swallows. :p
Savior of France, Sasaki Kojiro
Sword Infantry
Monohoshi Zao: 16 Mt. Special Cooldown -1. Effective against Dragons.
Assist: N/A
Special: Tsubame Gaeshi(Grants +150% to damage dealt. 3 CD)
---
A: Swift Stance 3(Grants +6 Spd when unit is attacked.)
B: Wrath 3
C: N/A

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So...

I've personally thought that their name's were pronounced Cher-Chey, Veer-ion, Vay-k, Pan, Key-Yell (or K-Yell, I'm not quite sure), Nye-yu-me, In-nes, La-rah-chel, Do-sell, Is-myre, Gah-Tree, Bart-er, Can-is, Gey-tz, Veye-duh.

A few of these are likely wrong, but that's how I've pronounced them.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So...

Can't say i know for 100% sure how to says these, but here's roughly how I'd pronounce each:
Cherche: Sher-sh
Virion: Veer-eon
Vaike: not sure how to spell it out, but rhymes with "bike"
Panne: I basically say it just like "Pan"
Kjelle: Kuh-Jel
Neimi: Ney-me
Innes: idk, I just say it like it's spelled. In-es
L'Arachel: La-ra-shelle
Duessel: Doo-es-el
Ismaire: Is-ma-eer
Gatrie: Ga-tree
Bartre: Bar-trey
Canas: Ca-nas(last syllable rhymes with "Tomas")
Geitz: Guy-tz
Vaida: vie - da
not like any of these are real people so in the end it doesn't matter

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I used this post from you to make a joke.

Get it? Atlantic Ocean, Atalante.
View attachment 137635
Yes, I have no idea what you guys talk about when you talk about FE.... Oh well. :p
First off, you'd find more connection to Atlantic with Atlantis more than Atalante, who would have more connection to Atlanta Georgia.
Two, we weren't talking about Fire Emblem when talking about Altria and Atalante.

Anyway,
Why didn't we get Risen King Chrom for the Fallen Banner? Either way, seeing all the fanart of Risen King Chrom in response to the Fallen Heroes Banner is a real treat. There's a full body version here.
http://ikeimen.tumblr.com/tagged/fire-emblem
Opossum Opossum Tagging cause he wants more for his Chrom image folder obviously. Also Erureido Erureido due to heartwarming Takumi fanart in the link.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So...

Cherche = Share with a sh at the end. Like Cher, the singer, and an actual French word.
Virion = Veer-ee-in if you go by the actual word, though you can make a case for Veer-ee-on.
Vaike = Vayk. He says it in Awakening with his "Enter the Vaike" voice line.
Panne = I've always just said "Pan," but it's an actual type of fabric so it probably has an actual pronunciation.
Kjelle = Shell. No, seriously, that's how you pronounce it. Not Kyell, but Shell.
Neimi = I've always said Name-y.
Innes = Heroes goes with In-is. Like if you said "Died in his sleep" without pronouncing the H in his, but the "is" is more like in the word hiss.
L'Arachel = Heroes confirms it as Lara-Shell.
Duessel = Doosel.
Ismaire = I've always said Is (as in hiss) - Mare.
Gatrie = Gat as in Gatling Gun, followed by Tree.
Bartre = I've always said it like the word Barter.
Canas = I say it as the Ka in Kaboom, followed by the Nos of Nostril.
Geitz = Geets
Vaida = Like Darth Vader, but non-rhotic.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Me when listening to your FE discussions:

Exactly! I just want to release my inner happiness!

How are you doing my friendly users?
Fire Emblem is so much easier to understand if you just ignore the bizarre stat based (and in this case language-based) discussions that crop up.

A giant evil dragon is about to destroy the world. Only a guy with a magical sword can defeat said dragon. They do.

There's exceptions to that description, but that's pretty much your average FE right there.

Obviously a lot more happens than that, but not usually stuff that's so difficult to grasp that even someone who's played a couple FE like myself can barely follow like what these guys get into.

D

Deleted member

You guys seem to know FE quite well.
One thing I am good like how you guys are good at FE is school.
Never got a detention in my life and all A+'s. :)
Fire Emblem is so much easier to understand if you just ignore the bizarre stat based (and in this case language-based) discussions that crop up.

A giant evil dragon is about to destroy the world. Only a guy with a magical sword can defeat said dragon. They do.

There's exceptions to that description, but that's pretty much your average FE right there.

Obviously a lot more happens than that, but not usually stuff that's so difficult to grasp that even someone who's played a couple FE like myself can barely follow like what these guys get into.
I see what you mean.
I see some users who do not get caught on with the FE discussion, but the most active ones are into FE.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Cherche = Share with a sh at the end. Like Cher, the singer, and an actual French word.
Virion = Veer-ee-in if you go by the actual word, though you can make a case for Veer-ee-on.
Vaike = Vayk. He says it in Awakening with his "Enter the Vaike" voice line.
Panne = I've always just said "Pan," but it's an actual type of fabric so it probably has an actual pronunciation.
Kjelle = Shell. No, seriously, that's how you pronounce it. Not Kyell, but Shell.
Neimi = I've always said Name-y.
Innes = Heroes goes with In-is. Like if you said "Died in his sleep" without pronouncing the H in his, but the "is" is more like in the word hiss.
L'Arachel = Heroes confirms it as Lara-Shell.
Duessel = Doosel.
Ismaire = I've always said Is (as in hiss) - Mare.
Gatrie = Gat as in Gatling Gun, followed by Tree.
Bartre = I've always said it like the word Barter.
Canas = I say it as the Ka in Kaboom, followed by the Nos of Nostril.
Geitz = Geets
Vaida = Like Darth Vader, but non-rhotic.
Kjelle being pronounced shell makes no sense.

Also Duessel I think is supposed to be pronounced like d-weasel but idk if I wanna say it like that.

D

Deleted member

Watched Nairo play For Glory and I have a footage of him destroying this Diddy Kong player by a quick zero-to-death:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
:joyful:
I really want to pronounce it "KUH-jelly". Anyone else?
I wish I understood FE more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Also Duessel I think is supposed to be pronounced like d-weasel but idk if I wanna say it like that.
Kjell is an actual Swedish name though, and it's pronounced as Shell.

Adding a silent E at the end wouldn't change that.

D

Deleted member

Mfw Eirika finally gets a refine but her brother powercreeps her again
I can skip on this banner, good

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm more concerned with the current Voting Gauntlet banner to bother too much. I'll probably put a few orbs toward Performing Arts Olivia if I end up getting Celica soon enough though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Watched Nairo play For Glory and I have a footage of him destroying this Diddy Kong player by a quick zero-to-death:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
:joyful:

I really want to pronounce it "KUH-jelly". Anyone else?
I wish I understood FE more.
Well, let's start with the Smash characters.

:4marth:A prince. His dad died in a war, his sister got kidnapped by a butt-ugly old wizard, and he had to run away from home to live on an island where the princess there basically became his girlfriend. One day pirates attack, so that's pretty much his cue to save the world or something IDK.

:4feroy: Uhhh I know the least about Roy. Sword can seal a fire dragon or something. Almost everyone from the generation before him died horribly.

:4myfriends:Mercenary. Beat the tar out of a goddess instead of a dragon for a change. His dad used to run his mercenary crew before dying. Parents die a lot in this series.

:4lucina:Chrom's daughter from the future. . .of an alternate timeline probably. Everyone died from a zombie apocalypse caused by dragon-satan, so she decided instead of giving up she'd go back and stop it from happening. Is seriously emotionally repressed.

:4robinf:Was bred as part of a eugenics program to serve as the vessel for aforementioned dragon-satan. Mother decided to smuggle them away from the cult that did it instead. Dragon-satan got ticked off at taking an L from Lucina trying to save the world and went back in time themselves to stop it, but while trying to brainwash Robin they only wiped Robin's memory instead. Robin's dad is actually not dead at the start of the game for once, but they will most likely kill him and he will deserve it.

Also Robin's dad is pretty much a wussier Jafar.

:4corrin:Is half dragon, has two royal families that aren't related to them desperately begging them to be their family, will most likely end up marrying their actual cousin instead. Lived locked in a castle for most of their life, has no idea what they're doing as a result but the fandom seems to expect them to anyway.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Aether-eye
no long i...

Ay-ther-ee. Emphasis on the middle syllable. Different emphasis than the word Aether due to the I at the end, but same general pronunciation.
Close...

Aether-e.
This is too ambiguous considering how many ways I've heard people pronounce Aether...

Anyways...

Aetheri: 'ee-ther-ee'
emphasis on 'ther' as Opo stated...

Aether (whether you like it or not) is pronounced 'ee-ther', just like the word Ether...also similarly to the word Aegis 'ee-gis'...

That's right folks you've been saying 'Aether Foundation' wrong this whole time :p

and probably Aegislash too...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Will be pulling Blues in this Banner. I have none of the Blues, so any 5* Blues I get will be new. I'm hoping for Summer Corrin since I was trying to pull for her before and didn't get her. But Shiro and Ephraim would also be nice. I might also pull from Red too, as I have none of the Reds as well, besides Ike when he comes out on the Xenologue.

But anyone notice that all 3 New Banners introduced a variation of the CYL2 Top winners? First we got Hector on Valentines, than we got Celica on the Fallen Banner, now we're getting Ephraim on the Legendary Banner. Will next month be the month we get Veronica?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's taking me forever to load a page on Smashboards.

Good ol' Crashboards...

Ephraim got his legendary variant already? So I guess we can expect Hector, Celica, and Veronica to quickly suit in future Legendary Hero banners.

I might try to pull for him, and if Shiro ruins my luck, it won't matter since I can just merge the new Shiro with my old Shiro to make him even more of monstrous tank than he already is.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
no long i...

Close...

This is too ambiguous considering how many ways I've heard people pronounce Aether...

Anyways...

Aetheri: 'ee-ther-ee'
emphasis on 'ther' as Opo stated...

Aether (whether you like it or not) is pronounced 'ee-ther', just like the word Ether...also similarly to the word Aegis 'ee-gis'...

That's right folks you've been saying 'Aether Foundation' wrong this whole time :p

and probably Aegislash too...
I don’t even remember putting that post. lol

I pronounce it ee-ther-ee

Also holy ****ing **** did Smashboards **** itself? It took 20 minutes to load this page.

D

Deleted member

CRASHBOARDS HAS RETURNED.
I CAN BARELY DO ANYTHING. HELP ME.
So how are you all doing? Thanks for the FE advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom