• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah shout out to Digi on Twitter too.

So heads up for those of you who watch YouTube on mobile or without Adblock on PC.

There is an ad for a horror movie called The Nun that comes up before YouTube videos. There's multiple variations but the main one seems to start off with a black screen with a white volume sign (like the one you see when changing the volume on a Mac, but it's mirrored). Then after three seconds or so you get jumpscared. Another has the nun walking down a hallway before turning around for the scare or something. Since YouTube only lets you skip the ad after 5 seconds, and the scare happens at 3 seconds, you will be forced to sit through it every time it comes up.

It's pretty crappy of YouTube to allow such an ad when some people could get an anxiety attack from it, not to mention younger kids. But I've also heard it's very loud so if you use headphones it could be a problem.

So yeah just watch out for that.
Ah... That...

I saw it's ad poster at the subway station everytime I went to work. ( I may take the time to take a pic of it tomorrow...)

The poster was simply just a white Nun looking at front and having a bit of that creepy Nun showing on the right corner.

For someone like me who is from a University found by Catholic (Where I often see Nuns after school), this film... Is pretty interesting, you don't see a horror film often that is completely built on a huge and notable religion.

Also this film reminds of a school urban legend that was originated from the girl's dorm in the same University I told earlier, not knowing too many detailed and no there's no actual murder or death. Just that people in the dorm have said the basement rooms are haunted and even the nuns acknowledged this.
You're looking at it from the wrong angle.

His wife didn't force him into it, he chose to do so in order to save her from the hassle of having to deal with rumours. It's not about him not having restraint, it's about other people (such as his non-adult, immature fanbase) spreading rumours that would cause his wife stress. Which would happen regardless of whether or not she believes the rumours.

Being a big streamer obviously comes with rumours and such being spread about you. It comes with the territory. That's all fine and good when it's just you that you have to worry about. But when you have other people in your life that can be effected, you have to think about them too.

There are real relationships that have been ruined by exactly these kinds of rumours, so if he feels like this will help kill them before they happen, then I don't really see the point in hounding him about it. This was obviously something he discussed with his wife and she's OK with it.

Once again, it's not a decision I would make personally. And I actually do think he'll relapse anyway. But I don't think it's worth all of the hounding I've seen.
tl;drhow
Some people just prefer playing it very safe, and that's not wrong. I mean yeah, from the surface Ninja not wanting to stream with women is a bit odd, but it's understandable.

Also even him take shots at Sony not allowing cross play, Sony and any video game company can be greedy, but they became greedy on the wrong side.

I also tried out Valkyria Chronicles 4 and here are my initial thoughts
Let me just mention the two (Or actually three) elephant in the room...
The battle system sounds interesting at first but a bit annoying when first tried, but this is just my first impression though, things can change.
The music in this game, is Marvel-level forgettable for me... don't get me wrong not all JRPGs needs to have great music to be good but... with a game like this I do hope SEGA can kick it up a notch when it comes to the music for this game
The world building of VC4 obviously somewhat screams Europe battlefield of WWII and combine the Cold war a bit... but then again from what the Prologue Introduction at least, the World Build sounds a bit too simple... all you have is just the Atlantic Federal Nations defending from the invasion of the Imperial Alliance... hopefully there will be some neutral nations appear in the story and reveal why Imperial wants to invade the Atlantic Federation later down the line. I don't want the Imperial Nations to just invade for the sake of invading... and also because they have the Valkyria... I also think with a world building like this they could went with similar how FE Fates did, hopefully we get another VCs game where you have to pick which nations to fight with, the Atlantic Federation or the Imperial Alliance.
Since this game is taken place in a fiction Europe and most member from Squad E are from the United Kingdom of Edinburgh... it's a huge shame the VA didn't went with British or any west European country accents similar with how Xenoblade did (Um, yeah, sorry I have to pull XC for comparison again...lol). Hell, VC4 VA so far despite not bad, but aren't memorable either.
The main character Claude so far while looking generic as frick like Rex, his personality is pretty good imo, other main characters like Raz and Kia were just meh for now. (Just me, Raz reminds me of Zeke and Reyn combined and Kia.. style wise... she's literally a sniper class Morag...)
I will further and finish Chapter 1 whenever I can, while I'm not fond to tactical non-grinding focus JRPGs like this, I will give this game a bit of time.
And graphics? The Canvas Engine they use is super dope, way better than XC2.

Last edited:

Sleepy_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarrKnight
3DS FC
4639-9220-1156
I sleep late only to wake up early because my body refuses to go back to sleep. Every. Single. Day. :halfsheep:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
whelp guys, our colony in rimworld its do or die
Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

as soon as morning came, shishoe woke up from his plague coma and androobie just now got the plague (no picture) the pirates came back and this time they aren't playing around, they have heavy weaponry 6 explosive mortars and 6 incendiary mortars, they are prepared to level our home to the ground and siege us, and not only that they came in well armed (well most of them, some are still in rags but the majority are well equipped and armored) with plenty of smoke pellets and armor to sustain damage

this is obviously bad, because were gonna go blow up, if not our buildings but us ourselves are gonna blow the **** up

so we have two options here, either we try to force them to retreat, meaning we have to go up against their defenses and weaponry they put outside our home, they have 9 men there so we just have to bring down 5 to force a retreat

or the second, we have to brace ourselves and wait out a siege, they aren't built to sustain, like about 10-20 meals for 9 people and only 12 shells to fire, only enough or a single day really, it'll cause some serious damage to our base and possibly ourselves but as long as one of us don't get directly hit by a mortar it should end without to much harm? i mean i don't care about rebuilding and we have our strong walls and plenty of land around, as long as we all live, but were putting it up to lady luck there

gonna hold this off and put this up to community vote
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn praline praline @ShinyLegendary redfeatherraven redfeatherraven Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily @Shishœ Coricus Coricus Yellowlord Yellowlord Androobie Androobie

ya guys decide what we should do as a community, hope to try and assault their defense and weaponry and break the siege before the bombs happen? or do we try to pray to lady luck and hope for the best waiting it out?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
View attachment 157752
View attachment 157753
as soon as morning came, shishoe woke up from his plague coma and androobie just now got the plague (no picture) the pirates came back and this time they aren't playing around, they have heavy weaponry 6 explosive mortars and 6 incendiary mortars, they are prepared to level our home to the ground and siege us, and not only that they came in well armed (well most of them, some are still in rags but the majority are well equipped and armored) with plenty of smoke pellets and armor to sustain damage

this is obviously bad, because were gonna go blow up, if not our buildings but us ourselves are gonna blow the **** up

so we have two options here, either we try to force them to retreat, meaning we have to go up against their defenses and weaponry they put outside our home, they have 9 men there so we just have to bring down 5 to force a retreat

or the second, we have to brace ourselves and wait out a siege, they aren't built to sustain, like about 10-20 meals for 9 people and only 12 shells to fire, only enough or a single day really, it'll cause some serious damage to our base and possibly ourselves but as long as one of us don't get directly hit by a mortar it should end without to much harm? i mean i don't care about rebuilding and we have our strong walls and plenty of land around, as long as we all live, but were putting it up to lady luck there

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn praline praline @ShinyLegendary redfeatherraven redfeatherraven Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily @Shishœ Coricus Coricus Yellowlord Yellowlord Androobie Androobie

ya guys decide what we should do as a community, hope to try and assault their defense and weaponry and break the siege before the bombs happen? or do we try to pray to lady luck and hope for the best waiting it out?
I'd say we fight back and get them to retreat: at the very least, we'll live for much longer and reduce their numbers at the same time. Compared to losing our home that we've held up for so long, I'd say it's a good idea that we fight back.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
View attachment 157752
View attachment 157753

You know I always pick the most chaotic one, right?

... But not this time. Let's make them run away like little ******* :V

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
so a good day around, decided to do some planning, planning to turn the left walls and openings into a designed killing grounds, so if we get assualted from the north west or south we can bottleneck them down, also so we can direct people into traps and guns, anything to help neck them down and still grant us good access

also making an hospital and armony right above and below the killing grounds so we can get some immediate help and support along with fire power when we need to, still upgrading a new kitchen and labatory/workshop as well, lotta work to get underway will only show when we getting closer to being done
View attachment 157658
oh thats neat, they ran into a weapon merchant, they were carrying a ton of below average quality fire arms despite being tribals? couldn't really do anything with them and don't want any of their items so just moved on
View attachment 157659
....god damn it shishoe, and yes unlike the previous ones where it came in waves against half our community its only shishoe that got sick, and hes still a whole bloody day away, with the plague growing fast shishoe won't bloody make it back home in time, if he wanna live i have to get meds and a doctor to him to tidy down
View attachment 157660
so i forcibly position androobie for the duty, have some meds gotta rendezvous with shish and uni so he can med work shishoe to at least not going to die walking time
View attachment 157661
bloody hell what is with all the infections lately? i mean i know we live in a rainforest but this is insane!
well...she battled a tortoise that was eating our crops that we had no use for and the sucker got a few bad bites on her, they were nearly healed though when the infection started so its incredibly weak, i'm not even sure if she needs meds to fight it off but healed her on up anyway cause we restocked a lot

anyway while that bloody crisis is going on continuation on the homefront, we ffinally got all the carpeting in place which took long enough and now were on our way to implementing some more roads and walk ways for us
View attachment 157663
well androobie successfully made it, and gave him a quick heal, not the besst, not even that good but its enough to keeping him not dying while walking
so after making a camp i got them to prepare on up and leave on out
View attachment 157664
oh ya forgot to take a picture of the pop up so here it is, we now have electric smelting, not the most interesting thing in the world but something we were researching while the laboratory was being set up, so we can now have an electric then wood powered smith and can now do some smelters to smelt slag and other things to useful materials, no more selling useless guns for **** prices, we just turn them into stuff

now on our way to getting a moisture pump so we can make use of more off the land thats marsh here thats limiting some expansion operations, and then after that to get some geothermal power :V

also i just learned something new today, turns out if ya have injuried or someone who needs meds when on a caravan trip, the person with the highest medical skill will treat them instantly on the road, so making that tiny camp was kinda pointless, but huh neato

in anycase they made it
View attachment 157667
and as you can bloody see, shishoe is ****ing dying and moving at a literal snails pace, but we can't do anything about it while he slowly walks over to get healed in a improved hospital, its honestly not looking good for shishoe and when he finally reached the bed he blacked out in extreme pain from the plague, and the immunity is trying to catch up
View attachment 157669
and i interrupt the middle of shishoes battle for life to bring this, buckos legacy lives! the child of the drunk snake is also ****ing drunk and blacked out from it, he dind't even vomit he just straight on up got in a coma from a beer, helps its basically a teenage snake but lol, buckos only surviving child got flat out drunk, like mother like son

and now back to shishoe, just going to straight on up say it
View attachment 157673
thats an 100% plague, meaning he was literally seconds away from death when the thing ffinally built a ****ing immunity

@Shishœ was literally seconds away from bloody death, not even uni cut it this ****ing close god damn it, at this rate our lucks going to fricken run out!

though then again he needed two medworks to even make it back home so androobie literaly gave shishoe a fighting chance, one he made by bloody millimeters, what is with all of us making ****ing close calls?

anyway long story short, shishoe nearly died to plague, everone still lives, katt is irritated for bloody worrying so much, end of log
Man, we really are following in Uni's footstep as a leader.

View attachment 157752
View attachment 157753

I say we wait it out, they have nothing on our waiting game stats. :v

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 157752
View attachment 157753

I say **** em’ up until they run.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
0c3.png

Let's break some mother****ers.

D

Deleted member

Senpai Koko wishes LetsGo and Smash were here already...

There's not much I'm looking forward to on Switch until then.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 157752
View attachment 157753

I will not yield to a bunch of pirates who dare threaten us, nor will I have mercy on them. I vote for the third option: leave no survivors
get ready for DnD because this is exactly how I'm gonna play

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
View attachment 157752
View attachment 157753

Make them retreat. I'd rather die fighting.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I will not yield to a bunch of pirates who dare threaten us, nor will I have mercy on them. I vote for the third option: leave no survivors
oh don't worry about that, i always attempt to kill all ******** lol

whelp thats 5, were going out there swinging folks
were gonna have a very fun time me and you

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
the fact he isn't dead proves hes not lying his community :V
I meant don't lie to us, about him inspiring us. :V

You know kill everyone goes against being a Paladin, right?

D

Deleted member

NES roms are cool but I'm not looking forward to paying for the service we already have. Nintendo being tight lipped on it does not have me confident that they will improve things.

Never forget having to leave your phone online, hooked to a headset and use a phone and a switch just to play multiplayer with a specific setting for voice chat.

Thanks for draining my phone battery.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I'm pissed. Was playing Minecraft and it crashed (wut) and I lost two new villager houses I built.

So I'm putting my switch down for now.

I'm also starting to get to that point where I'm playing too much Minecraft. And Brawlout is... Yeah I'm done with that for now.

I'm thinking of getting Stardew Valley and Terraria. Might as well. They don't cost too much.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'm pissed. Was playing Minecraft and it crashed (wut) and I lost two new villager houses I built.

So I'm putting my switch down for now.

I'm also starting to get to that point where I'm playing too much Minecraft. And Brawlout is... Yeah I'm done with that for now.

I'm thinking of getting Stardew Valley and Terraria. Might as well. They don't cost too much.
Get a real game.:troll:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's interesting how Nintendo makes amazing quality games like Ultimate... but when it comes to anything related to social media or online stuff, they are so hesitant and vague about their features on this that it just makes them look bad.

It seems like a complete 180 from the Wii U era where while the games were still great and they had actual social media features (Miiverse being the most prominent) and the Virtual Console, the Wii U just didn't sell well enough on its own to make much of an impact.

What happened, Nintendo? You're doing so great with the Switch right now except when it comes to online features that it boggles my mind. And yeah: I plan on buying the online service, but only for the ability to be able to actually play Splatoon 2 and Ultimate for the most part and nothing else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's interesting how Nintendo makes amazing quality games like Ultimate... but when it comes to anything related to social media or online stuff, they are so hesitant and vague about their features on this that it just makes them look bad.

It seems like a complete 180 from the Wii U era where while the games were still great and they had actual social media features (Miiverse being the most prominent) and the Virtual Console, the Wii U just didn't sell well enough on its own.

What happened, Nintendo? You're doing so great with the Switch right now except when it comes to online features that it boggles my mind. And yeah: I plan on buying it, but only for the ability to be able to actually play Splatoon 2 and Ultimate for the most part and nothing else.
As good as the Switch is, it's a pretty rushed system. Also, I can't really explain why they downgraded from Wii U from NNIDs back to friendcodes and all these other social features, sometimes Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

The voice chat thing is very weird too, like it's 2018 let people chat with however they want.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
As good as the Switch is, it's a pretty rushed system. Also, I can't really explain why they downgraded from Wii U from NNIDs back to friendcodes and all these other social features, sometimes Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

The voice chat thing is very weird too, like it's 2018 let people chat with however they want.
Pretty much, yeah: why bother with the friend codes and needing a phone to do voice chat? It just seems silly, even coming from someone who's simply been observing this.

Nintendo needs to get their act together on this at some point, especially when it seems like they put in cloud saves to avoid this service being a complete controversy...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually maybe not Stardew Valley. I have a huge farm and a family on my friend's PS4. I don't think I have the patience to get that far again.

For Terraria though, I haven't played that in about two years.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ill need online for BBCTB, And possiblely Monster Hunter so hell yeah I want it.

Ive almost all but almost stopoed playing Splatoon 2 and smash doesnt intrest me but MH and Cross Tag are well worth getting online for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom