• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m actually curious what the grand total f echo fighters is for this game. Honestly I’m not against having lots.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
MY THOUGHTS!
Aw yeah Simon Time-on.
Holy **** Medusa
HOLY **** DEATH LOOKS SO COOL AND HE JUST REUNITED LUIGI WITH HIS BROTHER
HOLY **** THAT RANGE ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING
GRAND CROOOOOSS
DRACULA LOOKS AWESOME AND HE LOOKS LIKE AN ACTUAL ****ING BOSS
RICHTERRRR
HE SAID THE LINE AAAAA
LMAO THE HYDRO STORM GAG
HOLY **** THE SLIDE AND THE SLIDE JUMP
ALUCARD
THE CLOCK TOWER!
The candle thing was a necessity tbh
ALL THESE ASSHOLE BOSSES YES
WHAT TUE **** KID DRACULA
ALL THIS MUSIC AND WE HAVE WICKED ****ING CHILD AND SIMON'S THEME YESSSS
HE THREW THE WINE GLASS!
THAT ASSHOLE HAS HIS FINAL FORM I STILL HATE YOU DRACULA
ofc they show Alucard backdashing
Goddamn they did it the absolute madmen they added another FE character
Chrom has some Ike stuff but is Roy. This means I need to learn Chrom so I can beat Roy at his own game
Dark Samus... I wanted her to be unique. She doesn't even have a scattershot blast smh. Oh well
Nice to know Dark Samus was a popular request at least
They want to reveal every character before the game launches? BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 we have a deadline
BRINSTAR DEPTHS HOLY **** KRAID MY BIG BOY HAS RETURNED IT'S BEEN TOO LONG
New Donk looks sweeeeeet
Fountain of Dream looks hype
103 ****ING STAGES
IF ALL THE STAGES ARE AVAILABLE WHY IS THERE NO PACMAZE
Stage Morphing better be allowed in competitive
The My Music change is great
800 ****ING SONGS
Parasite Queen remix? Oh nice. But... Why no Dark Samus theme?
NO NEW ****ING FINAL FANTASY SONGS WTF
The playlist stuff is neat
Oh right Bloody Tears IT SOUNDS GODLY MMMMM
Default settings! Nice
Stamina and stock! Good for funsies!
FINAL SMASH METER BETTER BE ****ING LEGAL OR THE COMPETITIVE SCENE IS DEAD TO ME
Lmao less powerful Critical Hit is still an OHKO
SQUAD STRIKE HOLY **** MAKE THAT LEGAL THIS IS GOING TO BE ****ING HYPE
Smashdown looks quirky but fun
Training mode looks useful
THEY FIXED CLASSIC MODE
Me and my friends thought DK goofing off with the Banana Gun was gonna summon K.Rool or Dixie
KILLING EDGE FINALLY FIRE EMBLEM GETS AN ITEM AND IT HAS THE CRIT SOUND
Death Scythe holy ****
Alolan Exeggutor is ****ing wild
Mmmm this SM Battle theme remix is goood
Awww rip Mimikyu
MY ADORABLE SON PYUKUMUKU
awwww rip Marshadow
Oh wow they actually put Ditto in
ZERO HOLY ****
CENTRAL HIGHWAAAY
Oh hey, Klaptrap! That's well deserved
Kapp'n the Kidnapp'r
Oh my god Kawasaki! Wait that means Bandana Dee might not be an AT
Oh hey Nikki
BUTT BUTT?!?! HOLY **** BUTT BUTT'S IN THE GAME I CAN'T EVEN BE MAD
OH MY GOOOOOD THE MOOOON
RIP Ashley
RATHALOS GODDAMN
THE SINGLE PLAYER MODE IS BLURRED I'M CALLING IT
ALSO THIS UI IS CLEEEAAAN
Goddamn that Dedede fakeout was hilarious
HOLY **** DIDDY'S FACE
Blunderbuss looks dumb lol
This dude has an armoured dash attack
Oh hey the DKC3 Jetpack!
Kirby echo confirmed, he just stole his up throw
lmao the banana gag
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY GAVE HIM A COUNTER K.ROOL FANS ARE LEGALLY NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANIME SWORDSMEN WITH COUNTERS ANYMORE
Oh hey 64 boxing gloves
Goddamn that final Smash is dope
That clash with DK and K.Rool running is honestly the most hype part of the trailer
That was just Bowser's taunt lmao

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Let it be known if the 1% chance of getting Protoman as a Mega Man Echo happens, I'm going to be a very happy man.

I'd be cool with either Ken or Akuma. Any other Shoto, not so much.
I've still got my conspiracy theory that Proto Man was added to Mega's Final Smash so that he can just use the same one when he's an echo

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well I don’t think Boshi is gonna happen, no offense.
I've come to terms with that, but it concerns me how Yoshi content is being foregone this entry. No items, no AT (with Klaptrap confirmed, that makes Yoshi the only Smash 64 series rep without one), no new stages...

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
The normal items look good, though many of them look overpowered. Specifically Killing Edge, Death's Scythe, and the Staff.
Items being broken aren't anything new. Fan and Gust Bellows existed. These are at least better than those because those just locked you into dumb hitstun, or unrecoverable situations. These are more akin to Homerun Bat, Ore Club, or Hammer.

On a side note, the Killing edge has the sound effect from the GBA Fire Emblem games. It's a nice detail.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
IDK about y'all, IDK if I'm in the minority here, but I still want an Echo Raichu LOL

EDIT: And an echo Mew!!!! Though the size difference between him and Mewtwo might not allow for that.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, I'm just gonna make a note of this real quick:

-Direct gets announced, website performs like garbage for about three days, complete with very slow loading times and frequent 502 Bad Gateway errors.

-Direct airs and finishes, website has no errors and performs like a dream.

What the hell, Smashboards.

D

Deleted member

I am honestly fine with Orbital Gate Assault not in Ultimate.
It was a boring and not fun to play in type of stage.
It was fine in Omega mode though.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm also half wanting Gardevoir as a Zelda Echo, nothing's saying that Echos have to stay within their series and Gardevoir in Smash would be LIT

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was pretty consistently hyped.

With Snake, I hadn't played any Metal Gear games at the time, but I recognized him from Nintendo Power issues about the Twin Snakes and the Game Boy Colour game. I was more excited for the fact that third party characters could be included, but his addition encouraged me to get the Twin Snakes, and he became one of my favourite Smash characters.

Sonic kind of goes without saying - I watched that trailer regularly, and even watching it now gets me excited.

Mega Man was huge - I figured that Capcom had practically abandoned the character given everything that was going on with his franchise, so seeing him make a Smash appearance with a really accurate portrayal was incredible.

I think everyone expected Pac-Man when it was revealed that Bandai-Namco was working on the game. I wasn't too thrilled about his potential inclusion going into the reveal, but making him a Namco arcade museum of sorts made him much more interesting.

My excitement about Ryu was dampened due to the leak, but seeing him in action made up for that. Between the light/medium/heavy attacks and the directional inputs for his specials, he felt really unique while staying true to his series.

I haven't set aside the time to play Final Fantasy VII yet, but Cloud was one of those pipe dream characters that people would want even though it seemed like it would never happen. He was a huge surprise, and it got me really excited for the final Smash direct. If Cloud was just the build-up to it, then it had to be good.

As for Bayonetta, I voted for her in the Smash Ballot, and Bayonetta 2 was a big reason why I bought a Wii U. While I voted for her, I figured she stood no chance and mainly wanted to support a character who I thought would transition well into Smash. Maybe enough support on the Smash Ballot could make them consider her for Smash 5, I thought. The Corrin reveal was disappointing at the time, and the start of Bayonetta's trailer made me think that a fourth Kid Icarus character was being added and treated as the ballot winner, so finding out that Bayonetta was actually going to be included, with a moveset that was incredibly similar to her source material, was something that a complete shock for me, and something that made me overjoyed.
Guess it couldn't hurt to update this, in light of the latest Direct.

With Simon, I'm more excited due to the historical impact of Castlevania than anything else. He looks cool, but I'm not as excited because I've tried several times to get into Castlevania through three different games (1, 4, Symphony), and I just haven't been able to pull it off. The stage, Dracula, and Alucard are all cool.

No idea who Richter is outside of the Belmont from the "what is a man?" segment at the start of Symphony of the Night. I've heard that he's from Rondo of Blood and Dracula X; I can't get the former since the Wii's Shop Channel closed, but I can look into the latter once I've started Symphony of the Night from the beginning (I'll use a walkthrough this time, at least until I have decent equipment).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh did anyone else have some weird glitches for the Smash stream? Multiple times the stream just repeated a bit twice.

D

Deleted member

I'm also half wanting Gardevoir as a Zelda Echo, nothing's saying that Echos have to stay within their series and Gardevoir in Smash would be LIT
Ehh... I think Gardevoir is better off as a Pokeball Pokemon, but I would be happy with its fans if it got in.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Also, I'm just gonna make a note of this real quick:

-Direct gets announced, website performs like garbage for about three days, complete with very slow loading times and frequent 502 Bad Gateway errors.

-Direct airs and finishes, website has no errors and performs like a dream.

What the hell, Smashboards.
xD I mean, yesterday was HORRENDOUS and so the previous days to the Direct..and with all of those dream like reveals (I mean, the important one for me already passed, but SEEING Ridley's digital painting/artwork was GLORIOUS more than anything else), everyone is happy, and whatnot? That is why this site went back to being usable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Hey I wish they'd put Rosalina or Sonic in a CGI trailer, Rosalina's CGI model from the last game looked great and they could borrow a Sonic model from Ma-"

*thinks of what happened to all veterans sans Samus in Ultimate's CGI trailers*

Actually no don't ruin Rosalina for me.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I’m actually curious what the grand total f echo fighters is for this game. Honestly I’m not against having lots.
Well, so far we have 6. We have Dark Samus, Daisy, Lucina, Chrom, Dark Pit and Richter. For potential Echoes:
-Ken is a no-brainer for Ryu and as Chrom and Dark Pit confirm, you can have different Final Smashes, so they can easily give Ken one of his own Specials from Street Fighter for his Final Smash.
-Shadow is a potential one for Sonic.
-Proto Man, Bass and Roll have potential as Mega Man Echoes.
-I have been seeing people talk about the possibility of Jeanne from Bayonetta as an Echo of Bayonetta.
-Impa has potential as a Sheik Echo.

Those are the notable ones I can think of. I almost thought of Paula for Lucas, as you could replace Lucas' stick with a Frying Pan for Paula and her Final Smash animation can be Ness and Poo joining her to use Starstorm. But one key difference that Lucas does have is the Rope Snake, which Paula doesn't have. Admittingly, because Chrom confirms that you can have at least one difference from the character you're echoing, Paula could use Ness' Grab animations for her Grab rather than Lucas's grab.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, so far we have 6. We have Dark Samus, Daisy, Lucina, Chrom, Dark Pit and Richter. For potential Echoes:
-Ken is a no-brainer for Ryu and as Chrom and Dark Pit confirm, you can have different Final Smashes, so they can easily give Ken one of his own Specials from Street Fighter for his Final Smash.
-Shadow is a potential one for Sonic.
-Proto Man, Bass and Roll have potential as Mega Man Echoes.
-I have been seeing people talk about the possibility of Jeanne from Bayonetta as an Echo of Bayonetta.
-Impa has potential as a Sheik Echo.

Those are the notable ones I can think of. I almost thought of Paula for Lucas, as you could replace Lucas' stick with a Frying Pan for Paula and her Final Smash animation can be Ness and Poo joining her to use Starstorm. But one key difference that Lucas does have is the Rope Snake, which Paula doesn't have. Admittingly, because Chrom confirms that you can have at least one difference from the character you're echoing, Paula could use Ness' Grab animations for her Grab rather than Lucas's grab.
Hector or the Black Knight would be good echo fighters for Ike.

D

Deleted member

If we get no Fire Emblem characters, I will not care at all because we got Chrom.
Chrom is a good daddy and hero.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys I know what robins new final smash is.

When Chrom is fighting Alfonso takes his place!

Alfonso: “Leave it to me!”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys I know what robins new final smash is.

When robin is fighting Alfonso takes his place!

Alfonso: “Leave it to me!”
I am dying right now.
I mean that in the laughing way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Paula is for Ness, because they're both from Earthbound. Kumatora would be the echo fighter for Lucas. It'd make a lot of sense, Since Kumatora is the one with all the PSI moves anyway. Lucas just borrows them from her for his moveset (Same thing goes for Paula and Ness).

Kumatora could have the rope snake, since Lucas, Kumatora, and Duster all use it together in Mother 3. Primarily Duster, but they've already taken creative liberties with the movesets of Mother characters, so I don't see any harm in it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What if I said Kill them all?
collateral damage, oops:emptysheep:
I don't care bout the other two- you leave Yink out of it or I'll make a pumpkaboo pie out of you. >:v
Leave Toon Link outta this, too. He's the one I care about.

Watch now because I said this Toon Link is gonna die in the next newcomer trailer, whoever the newcomer actually is.

"Hey I wish they'd put Rosalina or Sonic in a CGI trailer, Rosalina's CGI model from the last game looked great and the could borrow a Sonic model from Ma-"

*thinks of what happened to all veterans sans Samus in Ultimate's CGI trailers*

Actually no don't ruin Rosalina for me.
If the trend continues, this will summarize Ultimate's newcomer trailers rather nicely.

D

Deleted member

LMAO, I just realized that Kid Dracula is one of the bosses.
Good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well with captain toad down.

I feel Geno gets even better chances. He could rep mario and square and is supper requested. He also wasn’t an assist trophy and mii costumes seem to be gone so I think it’s Geno’s Time

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well with captain toad down.

I feel Geno gets even better chances. He could rep mario and square and is supper requested. He also wasn’t an assist trophy and mii costumes seem to be gone so I think it’s Geno’s Time
That would be ****ing incredible if he got revealed as playable.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Reminder that the Castlevania official twitter is dank.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ivander

Smash Legend
Paula is for Ness, because they're both from Earthbound. Kumatora would be the echo fighter for Lucas. It'd make a lot of sense, Since Kumatora is the one with all the PSI moves anyway. Lucas just borrows them from her for his moveset (Same thing goes for Paula and Ness).

Kumatora could have the rope snake, since Lucas, Kumatora, and Duster all use it together in Mother 3. Primarily Duster, but they've already taken creative liberties with the movesets of Mother characters, so I don't see any harm in it.
The problem with Paula as Ness is that besides the bat, which can be replaced, Ness has the Yo-yos. And so far, besides Final Smashes, we've only seen one move changed on an Echo fighter, which is Chrom with Ike's Up-B. Paula would require changing 2 moves, which would be Up Smash and Down Smash. As Lukas, the only thing that would be needed to change is the Rope Snake. And plus, considering Lukas' uses PSI power in his normal moves, wouldn't Lukas be a better fit for Paula, as Paula is the offensive PSI user in her game?
And Kumatora....isn't she a fist fighter? Does she have anything that can be used to replace Lukas' stick in his forward smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom