• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Should have just named this game "ALL THE WARRIORS!"

Damn, if even ****ing Roll and Shadow are echoes clones I'm done. It's too strong. We didn't wait long enough after EVO, I'm still shook after Cooler showing up earlier than I thought.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Meanwhile, Serenesforest is a never-ending fountain of salt because of Chrom.

I swear the only people more upset about FE representation in Smash than the Smash fanbase is the FE fanbase.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Personally though, I'm hoping it's a stage. It being a stage means that Monster Hunter is bound to get some music, and I'd love to hear Lagiacrus', Gore/Shagaru Magala's, Zinogre's, the Ancestral Steppes theme, and all of the other tracks in Smash.

I was talking about the Great Maccao.
Oh, I misread the post you replied to. :facepalm: I can't read. :psycho:

But yeah, I'm definitely all for a Monster Hunter stage, just for that sweet Monster Hunter music. And it'd be especially amazing if they add music from the Frontier series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUkRNJJIOTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmgoVQrXHvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Towgw7gzvus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw0TSFIOH2s

And if a stage is in, please please please have Valstrax's theme in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOlPIHIe2rM

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Meanwhile, Serenesforest is a never-ending fountain of salt because of Chrom.

I swear the only people more upset about FE representation in Smash than the Smash fanbase is the FE fanbase.
I can guarantee you the Sonic fandom will have the same reaction if Shadow is an echo/any Sonic characters get in.

It's a good way to identify which fandoms are more preoccupied with eating themselves alive than actually being a fandom.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m gonna laugh if we get another Smash direct in like October and they reveal a couple more Echo Fighters and one of them is the Black Knight.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't even understand how FF can only get two songs. You can say "Square is being difficult" but like, they'll license Cloud, both his classic and AC designs, they'll license his stage, they'll license all the summons that appear on that stage, they'll license the series logo, they'll license the mii costumes from Smash 4, they'll license the two songs that are there (plus his victory theme), but then they call it done at that? What kind of logic is that

D

Deleted member

I can't believe I predicted the number of unique newcomers and Echo Fighters lol

Loved the Simon trailer, my only knowledge of Castlevania is the Netflix series and what Alucard tells me but Simon looks extremely fun with his whip. They even gave him Sheik's old Side-B lmao
Richter was completely unexpected but this confirms 3rd Party Echoes are a thing. Shadow and Ken are basically in now.
Holy **** that stage looks dope, Death and Dracula especially.
Alucard as an Assist is pretty cool but it just makes me want a playable AT mode even more
Also rip in pepperoni Luigi

Chrom was expected but I like that he's more of a Roy Echo with Ike's Aether.
Dark Samus just means I'm never playing Samus again, that idle animation is so extra.
"If you care about slots so much ***** just turn them off"

N'S CASTLE N'S CASTLE N'S CASTLE N'S CASTLE N'S CA

Rip my boy Mimikyu, at least it looks pretty good. Oricorio is still on the table though so let's go!
Wait what you can't just show Shovel Knight so casually what the hell Sakurai???
Why make the Moon a separate AT from Skull Kid? They could have just made him summon the moon instead of the **** he does in Smash 4. Unless...
Sakurai why do you keep dropping 3rd Party content so casually. Though I think this means the Hunter is deconfirmed.

"Oh they're heavy, I wonder who it is?"
"Ok it's K. Rool"
"Oh no it's just DDD lol"
"Do you want me to believe you'd actually do a fake out like this?"
"I saw this coming when the Klapptrap Assist was shown, you ain't slick!"

So yeah, this Direct was a 10/10, Simon looks super fun, Richter and Chrom are nice additions, Dark Samus is dope and King K.Rool looks fun too even if I don't care much about him.
Man, it's weird to think we went from having two Metroid characters to 4. Also, damn, I'm loving all these villains, please keep 'em coming!
Ummm, guys...

I can't believe Chrom is a furry

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
heeeey just watched the direct 2 hous late then when it aired

but holy ****ing **** that awesome~

i mean katt doesn't really care about newcomers personally at all, i was happy with the roster already :V

but hey the belmonts look cool, was more meh at the echos but hey their echos might as well be extra skins, who complains at extra content?

and that rool was awesome (konnie watched it before i did and he was pretty damn happy to have a dk newcomer) I never really cared much for him myself but in game he looks pretty damn neat, plus all those fans must be crying with happiness...**** any dk fan of the old games is probably crying in happiness for his return god damn

with the big two in the game pretty god damn certain to say literally everyone is here :V

though really wanna know what katt is most hype for?

ALL THAT MOTHER****ING MUSIC i love the remakes and styles smash has, and always carries great music, now add in some sweet castlevania jams some beautiful stuff with ****ing over 800 tracks, ****ing awesome, and it works as a music player which is even better!

modes and stuff is also all pretty damn cool, also like how the assit trophies don't feel like...assist trophies, i mean how they show them off and how they move they feel more like traditional fighters (or well...most that damn moon no lol)

so hey pretty damn good direct, was cool and good to go through and i can see opossum crying in god damn happiness lol and definite shoutout to those rool dkc fans they probably love k. rool being back than more than smash

also ddd was super precious there lol

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't even understand how FF can only get two songs. You can say "Square is being difficult" but like, they'll license Cloud, both his classic and AC designs, they'll license his stage, they'll license all the summons that appear on that stage, they'll license the series logo, they'll license the mii costumes from Smash 4, they'll license the two songs that are there (plus his victory theme), but then they call it done at that? What kind of logic is that
I wonder if it's something to do with FFVII's original song composer, Nobuo Uematsu. I mean, I don't think that is the case considering he still works with them even if he's not part of Square anymore, as last time I checked, he did work solo on the FFXIV soundtrack. But I don't know, music rights are weird.

Anyway, has anyone else noted the fact that Sakurai voices Dedede still and that Sakurai recorded himself to do all that Dedede laughing in the K Rool trailer? I wonder if he was aware of how fans see him when their favorite character doesn't get in and he decided to troll them himself.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, the fact that currently, Konami out of all the 3rd party companies has the most characters. *waiting for that image involving the two boys and hot dogs, but with the commentary, "Gee Konami, how come Nintendo lets you have 3 characters?"*

Anyway, now I'm just wondering if Simon has a alternate outfit based on his Red Hair look, whether it's just the colors or the actual outfit.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Also, the fact that currently, Konami out of all the 3rd party companies has the most characters. *waiting for that image involving the two boys and hot dogs, but with the commentary, "Gee Konami, how come Nintendo lets you have 3 characters?"*

Anyway, now I'm just wondering if Simon has a alternate outfit based on his Red Hair look, whether it's just the colors or the actual outfit.
I was about to say that Capcom has the same but I forgot about Richter for a second lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
K. Rool finally got confirmed as a newcomer, his first real appearance in over a decade.

I thought he was more likely since E3, but now that he's actually confirmed I'm almost in disbelief.

That's my second most wanted newcomer confirmed! My favorite crocodile pirate's in the game now. Meanwhile, no sign of the pirate princess at all yet. I don't have nearly as much hope for her, but we'll see what happens.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's even better when you consider that Konami went from nothing in the previous game to 3 characters, 2 great fanservicey stages, 3 ATs and a boatload of excellent music in this one.

D

Deleted member

Also, K.Rool basically solidifies they're 100% focusing on popular requests. Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K.Rool from the unique ones and Daisy, Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus from the clones. Like, this is literally a fan roster that you'd see being thrown around as a prediction back in Smash 4.
Also also, besides Chrom's Up B, Dark Samus also has a completely different idle animation from Samus so I think this is something to take in mind when considering Echoes(as I remember seeing arguments that "X character wouldn't work with this idle animation" and such). Echoes don't really need to be 1:1

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
whelp thats all for katt, literally just showed up to read on up on the direct and share my own thoughts late on the party :V gotta start the busy day now ya know?

seeya later fam~

and also, yellowlord and uni i get ya two full permission to annoy the hell out of my brother, he also watched the direct and stuff, so go nuts messing with him or dragging him around, katt loves to screw with him :V

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Now that I've recovered a bit from the initial hype(and the site seems to be somewhat more stable), I may as well post my full thoughts on the Direct.

-Simon was kind of expected due to leaks, but even as someone who's not familiar with Castlevania, his inclusion was still pretty cool.
-Richter, on the other hand, was quite unexpected, which pleasantly surprised me.
-R.I.P. Luigi though.
-Dracula's Castle seems to be quite a cool stage.
-Holy crap 34 music tracks for Castlevania.
-Cool to see Alucard as an Assist trophy as well.
-Richter being an Echo of Simon makes me believe that there could potentially be echo fighters of more 3rd Party characters, even ones not yet represented in Smash.
-I can only imagine how happy Opossum must be to see Chrom get in the game. Personally, I would prefer having a FE character with a weapon type not currently in Smash (Hector with Axes, Ephiraim with Lances, etc.), but I am happy for Chrom's fans.
-I'm very glad that Dark Samus ended up being in the game, as she was one of my most wanted (And I bet she's going to be the only one of my most wanted to get in the game).
-It's great to see many of these returning stages back, but in particular, the new FD is awesome, New Donk City looks like an interesting stage, and Fountain of Dreams looks beautiful.
-Holy crap 103 stages.
-Stage morph looks like a lot of fun.
-Nice that tracks are sorted by series rather than stage this time.
-900 tracks holy crap. I just hope that FF will have more than 2 songs in the final game.
-Stamina stock seems really cool.
-Very glad to see that there's a way to use Final Smashes without playing with items. Final Smashes are one of my favorite parts of the series, and seeing a way to potentially make them work in competitive play pleases me (not to mention is similar to super moves in other fighting games).
-Squad strike seems like a nice addition when playing with a lot of people.
-The new tournament mode seems cool.
-Smashdown looks like it will be a very fun mode.
-The new training mode looks great.
-Classic mode seems to be returning to how it was in 64, Melee, and Brawl, which is nice and seems like it will be better than Smash 4's classic mode.
-FE finally has an item!
-Ditto seems like a cool Pokeball Pokemon.
-R.I.P. Shovel Knight and Ashley.
-Never played Monster Hunter, but the dragon that's a boss and an assist trophy seems quite cool.
-So far the menu looks amazing, although I do wonder what the lower left icon represents (I hope it's an adventure mode of some sort, whether it's like Melee's Adventure mode or SSE).
-I don't personally care that much for King K. Rool(As I've only played the newer DKC games), but I'm happy for his fans.

Overall I feel like the Direct was quite great and I can't wait until the game finally comes out.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder if it's something to do with FFVII's original song composer, Nobuo Uematsu. I mean, I don't think that is the case considering he still works with them even if he's not part of Square anymore, as last time I checked, he did work solo on the FFXIV soundtrack. But I don't know, music rights are weird.

Anyway, has anyone else noted the fact that Sakurai voices Dedede still and that Sakurai recorded himself to do all that Dedede laughing in the K Rool trailer? I wonder if he was aware of how fans see him when their favorite character doesn't get in and he decided to troll them himself.
what? Sakurai voices Dedede? when this happen?

D

Deleted member

Loved the Simon trailer, my only knowledge of Castlevania is the Netflix series and what Alucard tells me
Alucard isn't real you dummy, stop tripping.

Richter was completely unexpected but this confirms 3rd Party Echoes are a thing. Shadow and Ken are basically in now.
Ib4 Akuma. LMAO, that'd be funny if he got in before Ken.

Holy **** that stage looks dope, Death and Dracula especially.
Alucard as an Assist is pretty cool but it just makes me want a playable AT mode even more
Yeah, the stage is pretty badass. Love the soundtrack especially, can't wait to hear Tragic Prince again.

Also, I swear I'm going to have to either change my username because everyone's trying to poke at me for being an assist. Or stick to it since now that he's an assist he's more likely in the future than ever TBH. I don't care what anyone says, he's basically mini Dracula, and the Arbiter/Meta Knight/Zero to his series.

'S CASTLE N'S CASTLE N'S CASTLE N'S CA

Rip my boy Mimikyu, at least it looks pretty good. Oricorio is still on the table though so let's go!
Wait what you can't just show Shovel Knight so casually what the hell Sakurai???
Why make the Moon a separate AT from Skull Kid? They could have just made him summon the moon instead of the **** he does in Smash 4. Unless...
Sakurai why do you keep dropping 3rd Party content so casually. Though I think this means the Hunter is deconfirmed.
Hah, now I get to laugh at your wanted characters not making it.

I can't believe Chrom is a furry
Says the guy who thinks that the Beast from Beauty and the Beast in Beast form is hot. SMH

D

Deleted member

I am going to head off to play Realms with my siblings.
I am feeling really good right now.
:ultkrool:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What I love about Richter is that he killed off some stupid fan rules as well. Particularly the "Only one character from a third party series"
What is it with Smash fans and arbitrary limitations like that?

Akuma would be cooler than Ken honestly
Yeah Akuma would be way cooler.
But Ken's the original Ryu clone so eh, he'd be fine. Akuma's a long shot tbh.

Chrono.

Ken feels way more plausible now that 3rd party echoes are a thing and we know they don't have to be 1:1.

Gimme crazy legs Masters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom