• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly now I'm even more convinced Isabelle is a full fledged unique fighter and not an echo.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is gonna be the best Smash Bros game, period. Don't even debate lol.

Curious why some of the modes were censored lol.

And every time after huge news appears:

And urgh... this website crash after Smash Direct.. I'm not even surprised.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can we talk about how they just straight up added a toggable Super meter?

****ing madman went and did it.
They did better than PSASBR, deal with it lol.
WHY DOES CHROM HAVE IKE UP-B IF HE IS A ECHO OF ROY?!

SAKURAI I NEED ANSWER.
Because he's actually an echo fight of Ike I think? I may be wrong though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Holy ****les! Final Smash meter (something I've wanted forever), Simon is bad ass (oh yeah, those echos are a thing), and too thnings my to list.

AND KING "MUTHA ****ING" K. ROOL BAYBEE!

I'M STILL SHAKING, MAN!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'll post my full thoughts on the direct a little later (either when the site is more stable or when I've written them all up), but for now I'll just say that was very pleased with what was shown.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*Mario and Mega Man get killed by a space dragon*
"Can't get more brutal than that"

*Luigi gets killed by Death himself*
"YO"

Ivander

Smash Legend
Before Direct: "Topic hasn't changed much from yesterday. I'll just wait until the Direct happens. That'll cheer me up."
After Direct:

-Simon AND Richter Belmont confirmed!
-Dracula's Castle confirmed with many recurring bosses AND Dracula AND THE FRICKIN' CLOCKTOWER!
-34 CASTLEVANIA TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
-Staff confirmed great taste in music! :shades:
-Chrom confirmed!
-Dark Samus confirmed!
-More than 100 Stages!
-Music is now across series stages!
-More than 800-900 songs!
-Rulesets!
-Stamina with stocks!
-New battle modes like Smashdown and Squad Strike, which was the best part of Smash Tour!
-Ditto confirmed as Pokeball pokemon!
-Zero and Shovel Knight confirmed as Assist Trophies!
-Rathalos confirmed as Boss AND Assist Trophy!
-KING K ROOL CONFIRMED!

Yeah, I don't remember yesterday at all.

But my gosh, as a fan of Castlevania, Konami actually rules for once, for not only letting them bring back Snake and use Bomberman as an Assist Trophy, but for letting the Smash team add so much Castlevania content! It's a frickin' Castlevania fan's dream come true. And Rathalos being in as both a Boss and Assist Trophy is so awesome! And that fake out for the K Rool trailer was just great and K Rool himself looks awesome! And Chrom is an amalgamation of the different Fire Emblem characters! That's awesome! And yeah, it's a great blow for Shovel Knight fans. But even if I'm a fan of Shovel Knight, just seeing him in the game is enough for me.

But yeah, I feel so happy that I don't care about what happened yesterday.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly now I'm even more convinced Isabelle is a full fledged unique fighter and not an echo.
She has different proportions from Villager, so would be a clone, semi-clone, or unique if she's playable. I always argued she couldn't be an Echo anyway.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*Mario and Mega Man get killed by a space dragon*
"Can't get more brutal than that"

*Luigi gets killed by Death himself*
"YO"
Luigi's lucky Simon was on the job, was straight up in hand about to be soul harvested there, and all of the afterlives I'm aware of in Smash franchises are uhhhhhhh

Don't worry, Luigi's fine, though. Again, he almost had it fixed just in the trailer, just needs to chill out again after the spook face LOL.

Chrono.

So GameXplain posted the music portion of the Direct and I wanted to check something out.

This may not be definitive but

Final Fantasy seems to just have two songs still.

On the flip side, Street Fighter...

Has a whopping 36 tracks to choose from now.

D

Deleted member

WTF, Ritcher too? That legimately caught,me off guard. But I guess it makes sense because his moveset is the best fit for smash IMO. And you'll have 3 headband dudes fighting.

And I was hoping Alucard was at least an assist. One because an appearence is better than none at all. Secondly assists can seem to be upgraded as characters in the future anyway. Thirdly and most importantly is that Waluigi is still an assist, so it's only fair. Yay for Dark Samus though.

In fact ALL of the new characters and even assists got me pretty hyped from this direct. Along with Alucard, you got Ratholos and Shovel Knight too.

Only thing I'm still holding out for his an alt for Simon or even Ritcher. If not, I'm going to prefer Ritcher.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Welp, that was fun! None of my most wanted are in yet, but I still have hope (pls Elma come home). The announcements were awesome overall.

-I don't care that much about Simon (and I still don't know who the hell Richter is lol) but CASTELVANIA MUSIC LET'S GOOO! I screamed so hard on that part, 34 tracks hot damn. You better give other third parties that number of songs too Sakurai.
-Chrom looks pretty damn good, he seems to take things from both Marth and Ike, which was the reason he didn't make it in Smash 4, but at least he's looking as one of the most unique echoes since he has moves from various fighters. I do wonder what Robin's final Smash will be. Don't care much for Dark Samus but congrats to the fans. Now, give me Shadow, it has to happen now lol.
-Always good to see stages, Fountain of Dreams being back is great, new Final Destination looks great, and the Odyssey stage is awesome. And morphing stages? That's crazy! How does he come up with that kind of ideas?
-STAMINA BATTLES WITH STOCKS. That **** is actually great for me, we used to play stamina battles with my friends to give that "fighting game feel" to the gameplay, but they ended early since no stocks were there. Now I'm going to play that a lot.
-SUPER BAR LET'S GO! I love it, I hate the randomness of the Smash Ball, but having Final Smashes like this, I might play with them more.
-We e-sports now, the training room looks pretty insane.
-SLAYING EDGE BOYS.
-DITTO IS THE COOLEST POKÉMON, I LOVE THAT.
-RIP all the souls that were murdered during the assists reveal. But I'M HYPE. FREAKING ZERO IS IN AT LEAST. AN INDIE CHARACTER IS IN.
-THE RATHALOS IS IN AAAAAAAAAA I'M SO HYPED!! I screamed a lot when I saw it. Which means new Monster Hunter stage for him, with MONSTER HUNTER MUSIC YES. Now I really want the Monster Hunter to be a playable character.
-Time to speculate about the mysterious mode on the menu, what would it be? My bets go to Smash Tour :troll:
-Don't care that much about K.Rool either, but congrats on the fans that wanted him in, I know there are a lot of you out there.

So, Smash Ultimate is the GOTY easy right? I'm glad Sakurai confirmed more info on the following months, but he really has outdone himself with the game so far. Hopefully he still takes care of his health, I could see his eyes were really tired, don't want him going past his limits...

THANKS SAKURAI I LOVE YOU! GUILE THEME HERE WE GO!!!

D

Deleted member

That Direct was a lot better than I thought it would be.
I am so proud.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How come?

Now for my reactions;

The castlevania trailer was ****ing brilliant. I never thought of them using Luigi but that was hilarious. and then he got ****ing murderer.

Richet was so left field that I was actually hyped as I knew they were going in this direct and that someone was ending the direct.

34 tracks for the series is pretty cool.

Chrom and dark Samus were expected but I loved seeing them.

New modes look cool.

Ashley being deconfirmed kind of surprised me.

Shovel knight being in as an assist stings a little bit it’s also great he’s in at all.

Kappn as an assist is pretty funny and I am full confident Isabelle is an echo now as well as shadow.

Rathlos is crazy but cool. I wonder does this deconfirm monster hunter? They did say it was a special guest.

Lastly holy ****ing **** the madman man did it again. He added the second biggest villain and one of the best characters possible. Honestly the roster this game is amazing and truly fan service based so I can’t wait for future reveals.

I have even higher hope for Geno now after this direct.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Remember when I said Richter would be cool because we would have a full angry headband guys club?
:ultryu::ultroy::ultsnake::ultike:

Well :denzel:

D

Deleted member

So GameXplain posted the music portion of the Direct and I wanted to check something out.

This may not be definitive but

Final Fantasy seems to just have two songs still.

If Rashid's theme isn't one of them I'm going to riot.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pros:
-The Belmonts and the Castlevania fan service were amazing, and I'm not even a Castlevania fan. He looks fun to play too. Richter as an echo was a nice surprise too.

-Chrom was on my wanted list so I'm happy to have him, even if he's on the lower end of my personal hype scale. I might try to put real time into him. Also even more happy for Opossum Opossum . Congrats man, you deserve it for how dedicated you've been to the character. Also this means he gets another amiibo too. :p

-Stage list is huge.

-Music selection might just be the biggest in gaming history and will be hard to top.

-I'm glad they brought back the "play music in sleep mode" thing from Smash 3DS, I actually used that for a while and likely will again.

-SQUAD BATTLES

-FINAL SMASH METERS

-STAGE MORPHING

-KILLING EDGE IS AN ITEM, FINALLY A FIRE EMBLEM ITEM

-The Showdown mode or whatever it was called looks interesting though I'm not sure if I would really get use out of it.

-The K. Rool fakeout with Dedede genuinely made me laugh.

-The menu looks genuinely clean this time, one of the better Smash menus.

Cons:
-I don't have any problems with the specific characters that were revealed but I'm disappointed that none of the additions aside from Richter were even remotely surprising. It's looking to be an ongoing trend that none of the additions will remotely surprise anyone and outside of Chrom and Shadow, none of the expected characters are on my hype list. Then again I kinda expected it.

-...And it's looking to be that a lot of more surprising and personally hypeworthy additions for me are going to be Assists. My heart sank a bit at seeing Zero and Shovel Knight. They look AMAZING, so much so that I'd think they were playable if I wasn't explicitly told otherwise. I'm not gonna rage or anything, it just saddens me a little. I really hope that one of the singleplayer modes does something more substantial with KO-able Assist Trophies or something, like making them mini-bosses or having them as permanent A.I partners. Hell, the latter would be an amazing multiplayer mode. Could work with some Pokémon too.

-Still basically no word on more single-player content, though they may have given us a teaser, so hopefully I can look forward to that.

-No word on how many of these great new multiplayer modes and options are available online. It means MUCH less to me if they aren't available online, as I don't have anyone to play with locally on the regular. The game would become one of my favourite online multiplayer games if they make that stuff available online, even if just With Friends.

-They still haven't fixed the My Music menu, the slider system is too vague.

-They killed Luigi. He did nothing wrong.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I would be disappointed if the title of the thread doesn't change to: "Time to Chromgratulate me"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm glad for all the fans that got what they wanted...
*sigh*
yeah man..

Im getting dead dream after dead dream with broken heart after broken heart with layton being ignored more and more. Parden my language but it ****ing sucks ass. Each direct is surely going to be a disappointment for me

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
My favorite character request was deconfirmed at E3, (Krystal), but there's always Smash 6, if Ridley and Rool have proved anything, it's that persistence gets a character playable in Smash. And I do think we will get another Smash game

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Actually I’m not leaving.

Sakurai said we would have all the new characters revealed so I think in October we will get another direct that will show off Subspace Emissary 2 and probably the rest of the newcomers and Echo Fighters.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
happy you all got what you wanted..
I'm glad for all the fans that got what they wanted...
*sigh*
No y'all ain't.

This is basically code for "Why the hell should the rest of you be happy when I didn't get what I want!"

I'm happy for the fans that got what they wanted. I don't have a personal attachment to any of these guys but it makes me happy to see the hype from people through my computer.

And then there you guys are slumped in a corner flipping everyone else the bird.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Shout-out to Chrom having the player tag of "Santa" in the tournament mode section.
I declare that 8/8 be called Chromsmas Day.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-I don't care that much about Simon (and I still don't know who the hell Richter is lol) but CASTELVANIA MUSIC LET'S GOOO! I screamed so hard on that part, 34 tracks hot damn. You better give other third parties that number of songs too Sakurai.
Richter is from Rondo of Blood/Dracula X Chronicles/Symphony of the Night. He's basically the 2nd most popular Belmont after Simon. So pretty dang cool to see him. And yes, 34 Castlevania tracks is awesome! And i practically was screaming at some of them.
-Iron Blue Intention, Pitch Black Incursion, Twilight Stigmata(An Empty Tome), Jet Black Wings(Ebony Wings)
YES! YES! :love:
-Awake!
OMG! They acknowledged Circle of the Moon and the best song from that game! :eek::love::crazy:
-Go Getsu Fuma!
They acknowledged Getsu Fuma too?! OMG! :bluejump:

-THE RATHALOS IS IN AAAAAAAAAA I'M SO HYPED!! I screamed a lot when I saw it. Which means new Monster Hunter stage for him, with MONSTER HUNTER MUSIC YES. Now I really want the Monster Hunter to be a playable character.
I certainly hope the Monster Hunter stage happens, especially if it brings that delicious Monster Hunter music. I don't think a Monster Hunter character may be playable, as I think they would've shown the Monster Hunter first before Rathalos, but hey, if they still happen, I'll be pretty frickin' excited! Just seeing Monster Hunter get any acknowledgement in Smash is a win in my book.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No y'all ain't.

This is basically code for "Why the hell should the rest of you be happy when I didn't get what I want!"

I'm happy for the fans that got what they wanted. I don't have a personal attachment to any of these guys but it makes me happy to see the hype from people through my computer.

And then there you guys are slumped in a corner flipping everyone else the bird.
I am happy you all got what yall wanted. Dont you do that.

Im sorry, step down a bit. Im more sad for myself then mad at everyone else so dont play that with me. If I was mad at everyine else, Id stright up say "Why the hell did k rool get in over layton" But I aint and trust me, I would of if I was pissed at his inclusion but im more sad that my dream was broken again

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm gonna need this game to come out. It's too clean. It's got everything you would need.

Though I do wonder if Elecman is still an assist now that Zero's around.

I'm still a Mega Man Main, but Richter's winpose makes for a good avi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom