• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I never imagined you as obese. I always figured you looked like Andy. :p
Well even when I was obese I wasn't like really overly fat the way some obese people are but it was still noticeable.

Me looking like Andy? Well maybe if I shrunk from 6'4 to 5'0, dyed my hair brown, wore red overalls, and carried wrenches everywhere I went to lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is that an HD texture pack for the UI?
Nope, I'm running Wind Waker HD at 4K in CEMU. So the UI would already be HD (WWHD ran at native 1080p on Wii U so it was already pretty sharp there).

Haven't tried OG Wind Waker in Dolphin yet, I know there is a HD texture pack for it though.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Looking at the past couple of pages, it's probably a good thing that I had gone to bed instead of watching the rest of Smash 4's finals.
Today officially marks 23 years since my launch date.

...and also 7 years away from turning 30. Ugh.
Happy Birthday. I hope that you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
>posts a post that is not a ****post
>lacks context and is an accidental ****post
Gonna repost this from the Smash Ultimate Discussion board.
Image ->

Pro-tip: If you have trouble posting off-site images to SmashBoards (as in, you get a broken image instead), take the "s" off of the https://.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How dare people not watch an incredibly boring Grand Finals! How dare they!

The smash fandom sicks lower and lower each day. Sink any lower and they would be in Hell
Because GGXrd is 3d and BBCTB relies on heavy asset reuse of 2d fighters.
Oh, you right

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I have a question for you all.

If hypothetically Sakurai came up to you and let you decide one new character for Ultimate and they were in regardless who you picked. Who would you choose? Only rule is no characters already deconfirmed. My answer would be

Prof Layton. Any character I want has a much better chance and you know who would be very happy with him added.

Luig

Confused

If hypothetically Sakurai came up to you and let you decide one new character for Ultimate and they were in regardless who you picked. Who would you choose? Only rule is no characters already deconfirmed. My answer would be

Prof Layton. Any character I want has a much better chance and you know who would be very happy with him added.
Shrek, clearly. He's not deconfirmed.

Okay, probably bandana dee.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Easy. Papyrus.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

image.png
as a fully unique character.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Honestly, I'd probably either do Isaac or Andy since both of these guys are extremely underrated and need more love then they are getting now.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

If hypothetically Sakurai came up to you and let you decide one new character for Ultimate and they were in regardless who you picked. Who would you choose? Only rule is no characters already deconfirmed.
Incineroar so I can win my bet against Ura :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Layton, duh, who else would I pick :denzel:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

My most wanted since forever: Balloon Fighter.

Even if Waluigi wasn't disconfirmed, it would still be Balloon Fighter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Blah blah SMT is a good game blah blah if you're a fan of JRPGs, play it, blah blah Nintendo associated blah Kazuya for Smash blah support thread in sig.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me, having to decide between my little blondies: "why do you hate me so, Sakurai?"
Jk it would be the Etrian Odyssey Protector because I need EO music[/s}

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

How could you expect me to say anything other than Andy? If I could only pick one character for the rest of my life it would be him. Gotta smack some fools with wrenches and of course artillery/tank funsies.
Honestly, I'd probably either do Isaac or Andy since both of these guys are extremely underrated and need more love then they are getting now.
A wise man right here.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Well, since Krystal isn't allowed, Slippy Toad 100%. I see Slippy having a moveset based entirely off Star Fox: Assault, Star Fox Zero, and Star Fox Guard. He'd be a defensive engineer, able to put down automated cameras that act as sentry turrets. I made a moveset for him a while pack, if anyone's interested.

Name: Slippy Toad
Series: Star Fox
First Appearance: Star Fox (1993)
Archetype: Defensive Engineer
Gimmick: Cameras

Overview

Slippy’s moveset is inspired primarily out of Star Fox: Assault, Star Fox Zero, and Star Fox Guard. Star Fox Assault is what gives him a majority of his attacks, using various different weapons from that game. Almost all of his moves revolve around the use of gadgets, weapons, or tools. Slippy’s moveset was also designed to keep his quirky personality intact, such as when he looks back while stabbing opponents with a screwdriver.

The moves Slippy uses are mostly long-range attacks with high power, but also come with high lag. Moves where he uses weapons are his strongest options, as they’re used to keep opponents away. Slippy does have a few close-combat moves using his tools, but since Slippy isn’t the strongest physically, close-quarters are usually a last resort for him.

Slippy’s moveset gimmick brings something new to the table for Smash. Slippy is able to place down the cameras from Star Fox Guard, which acts as a stationary sentry gun. This is another effective tool for Slippy, as the camera can be used in a variety of ways. The amount of cameras Slippy has active really depends on hardware capabilities, though.

Attributes

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 106

Jump Height
  • Ground: 45
  • Short: 20
  • Midair: 45
Air Speed: 0.9

Fall Speed
  • Normal Fall: 1.75
  • Fast-Fall: 2.8
Movement Speed
  • Walk: 0.75

• Dash: 1.25
Normals

Neutral: Slippy swings his screwdriver twice in an ‘X’ shape, then looks away and covers his eyes as he rapidly stabs forward with it. The flurry of stabs ends with a final, mid-level thrust.

Dash: As he’s dashing forward, Slippy performs a shoulder-bash. If it connects, it has high knockback and quick recovery. If it misses, then Slippy trips and falls, slightly extending the move, but adding more recovery time.

Tilts

Side Tilt: Slippy takes out his wrench and swings it across with one hand. Rapid inputs will have Slippy alternate which side he swings from, making a back-and-forth motion.

Up Tilt: Slippy performs a small hop and sticks his hands above his head, holding a screwdriver in one and a wrench in the other. Short range but it’s a very quick move that's useful for follow-ups.

Down Tilt: Slippy kneels down and drives an active drill into the opponent’s feet. Quick animation, and hits multiple times. Excellent primer for follow-ups, and can even knock off opponents holding onto a ledge.

Smashes

Side Smash: Slippy takes a kneeling position as he pulls out the sniper rifle from Star Fox: Assault, and lines up a shot. Quick Side Smash inputs will lead to an inaccurate shot, leading to unintentional upward or downward angles. The longer the attack is charged, the more powerful and accurate the shot is. Would have the longest range of any Side Smash, and would be one of the strongest in the series. For balance though, the shot would leave Slippy on his butt, leading to a long recovery time.

Up Smash: Slippy pulls out the gatling gun from Star Fox: Assault, and fires full-auto into the air. However, Slippy can’t handle the recoil, so the gatling gun sprays side to side. This creates a very long-range attack in a 45° radius above.

Down Smash: Slippy pulls out two grenades from Star Fox: Assault, one in each hand. For the attack, Slippy takes a step forward while bending over, then casts them to his sides. This creates a disjointed hitbox, and the explosions occur just far enough away that Slippy doesn’t blow himself up. Great knock-out potential.

Aerials

Neutral Air: True to the series’ signature barrel roll, Slippy turns to the side, sticks hit arms and legs out, and performs a cartwheel-like motion in air. Each limb does damage, and hits on both sides of him. A good ‘get off me’ move.

Forward Air: Slippy whips out the machine gun from Star Fox: Assault and fires a full-auto burst forward. Has long range, and auto-cancels upon landing.

Back Air: Once again, Slippy’s got a bogey on his tail. Since other teammates are already in Smash, Slippy gets a bit of help from Peppy. Slippy leans forward, as Peppy fires three lasers behind him. First laser is right behind Slippy, the second laser is a little bit further out, and the last a bit further than the second. Very strong knockout move.

Up Air: Slippy takes out his wrench and does a wide arcing swing over his head. Makes for an excellent juggling move.

Down Air: Slippy takes out the homing launcher from Star Fox: Assault, aims down, and fires. The rocket travels fast, and only explodes when it comes into contact with an opponent or a platform. Explosion has high damage and knockback, even meteor smashing midair opponents. For balance, the move has long start-up and end-lag, and if timed right, Slippy can hurt or even knock himself out if he fires the rocket too close to the ground.

Throws
Grab: Slippy takes a step, leans forward, and reaches out with both hands.

Pummel: Once Slippy has his hands on an opponent, his pummel involves him turning his head to the side and slamming it into the opponent’s.

Forward Throw: Slippy, while still holding onto the opponent, jumps up and places his feet on his opponent’s chest. He then performs a strong drop-kick. Strong knockback.

Back Throw: Slippy performs a leap-frog like motion, jumping over the opponent’s head. As he’s landing, Slippy slams a sensor bomb onto the opponent’s back, and it detonates as soon as Slippy lands. Another throw with strong knock back.

Up Throw: Slippy crouches down and rolls onto his back while placing his feet onto the opponent’s chest. He then performs an upward kick with both legs. Good for follow-ups.

Down Throw: Slippy performs a small hop as he throws his opponent onto the ground, then performs a body slam onto them. Deals high percent damage, but low knockback.

Get-Ups

Front Get-Up: Slippy shoots his arms and legs out, then gets himself back up with a push-up like motion.

Back Get-Up: Slippy shoots his arms and legs out, then gets himself back up by rolling over into a kneeling position, then stands.

Trip Get-Up: Slippy kicks hit legs out in front of him and he leans back and shoots hit arms out, then stands.

Ledge Attack: As Slippy is trying to climb back onto the ledge, he sticks his long, stretchy tongue outward.

Specials

Neutral Special: Blaster - Slippy pulls out the standard blaster from Star Fox: Assault and charges it up. The longer the blaster is charged, the further the distance it travels as well as the more damage and knockback it has. Just like in the game its from, the color of the charged shot will change depending on how much power it has. Long range and disjointed with a fast recovery.

Side Special: Direct-i - Slippy sends forward Direct-i from Star Fox Zero. Direct-i travels horizontally across the stage, and when he comes into contact with an opponent, he grabs them. Once Direct-i has grabbed onto an opponent, he sends a consistent electrical shock through them. After three seconds, Direct-i legs go and disappears.

Up Special: Booster Pack - Slippy’s puts on the Booster Pack from Star Fox: Assault and takes flight. The Booster Pack runs on a fuel system, which lasts about four seconds. This grants Slippy impressive vertical and horizontal recovery, and does not leave Slippy in a helpless state after use.

Down Special: AegisCam - Slippy places down an AegisCam from Star Fox Guard. The AegisCam acts as a stationary sentry gun, automatically targeting enemies within range and firing lasers at them. Lasers deal decent percent damage, but do not stun. The AegisCam has a set amount of health, and can be destroyed if it takes enough damage. As for how many Slippy places down, it depends on what the system can handle. 3 would be ideal, 2 would be more balanced, but 1 is more realistic with hardware limits.

Final Smash: Gyrowing - Slippy hops in the Gyrowing from Star Fox Zero and takes to the top of the stage. From here, Slippy can fly left and right across the top, and drop up to three large bombs upon the stage. These bombs have a very large explosive radius, and deal massive damage, often instantly knocking-out opponents. Lasts fifteen seconds total, or until all three bombs are dropped.

Defenses

Shield: Slippy hunkers down with his hands over his eyes.

Sidestep Dodge: Slippy pivots on one foot off to the side, and waves his arms around as if he’s about to lose his balance.

Forward Roll: Slippy performs a somersault forward, and turns around once it’s over.

Backward Roll: Slippy performs a backwards somersault.

Extras

Entrance: Slippy flies in on his Arwing and jumps out. Rather than landing gracefully like Fox and Falco, he lands on his butt. He then stands up and rubs the pain away just before the fight begins.

Stance: Slippy stands facing forward, with his arms angled at his sides.

Idle Animations
  • Animation 1: Slippy puts his hands on his belt and readjusts it.
  • Animation 2: Slippy puts his hands on his hat and repositions it.
Taunts
  • Up Taunt: Slippy covers his eyes, and then quickly move his hands in a peek-a-boo like motion as he says “Ha! Thought you could hide from me, eh?”
  • Side Taunt: Slippy tries to spin his blaster with one hand. As the blaster loops back around, it hits him in the face.
  • Down Taunt: Slippy puts his hand on the side of his headset and briefly leans forward before standing back up straight and says “Shield analysis complete!”
Victory Animations
  • Animation 1: Slippy jumps up and down while sticking his arms up and shouts “I won! Returning to base!”
  • Animation 2: Slippy performs his victory animation from Star Fox: Assault. He clicks his heels to the left, then the right, and performs a ‘sinking’ dance. After the freeze frame, Slippy will stick his arms out in front of him, move them side to side, and perform the ‘sinking’ dance again on repeat.
  • Animation 3: Slippy holds out his wrench towards the camera and says “Mess with the best, go down like the rest!”

Special Victory Dialogue
  • Victory vs. Fox: “This won’t get me kicked off the team, right?” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Fox: “You did fine, Slip” - Fox
  • Victory vs. Falco: “You’re all talk, bird-brain!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Falco: “Stick to the pond, frog-boy!” - Falco
  • Victory vs. Krystal: “That staff can’t beat my tech!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Krystal: “Hurts when Fox isn’t here to watch your back, huh?” - Krystal
  • Victory vs. Wolf: “Maybe next time you’ll think twice!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Wolf: “I hate that frog…” - Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom