• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the funniest thing to me is im fully expecting bayo to be top tier for all of ultimate not as dominant to be sure but were still probobly gonna see 3 grandfinals with bayo dittos

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MVD vs Raito. Best match of the whole tournament. It's exactly the kind of match that shows what the game can and should be. Two players that are in each other's heads the whole match, dead close the entire time.
'just looked at the match on Youtube.

I have to say, while the match was great, seeing it make me even more sad because, EVO 2018, or even Smash 4 in general won't be remembered for good match-up like this one. Instead, what will be remember when talking about Smash 4 for a long time will be things like the GF Bayo Ditto, or the Hoo-Haa, or Cloud ridiculous easy to use moveset, and so forth.

And that's just sad. I'm not saying Smash 4 is perfect, far from it, there is alot of problems in it and I want Ultimate to fix those problems, but I believe heavily that you need to see both the good and bad side of what you play/read/watch/etc... to improve yourself and the community you are a part from. But now...things are just looking bleak as ever for Smash 4, and Ultimate will have to face alot of expectation to not be another mess like this GF was.

And that, in my opinion, that just blow.:drsad:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Simple.
People don't like Smash 4's mechanics.
People don't like Smash 4's remainimg top players.
People don't like Smash 4's horrible balancing
People don't like Smash 4. Period.
Correction:

The people who don't like it are much, much louder than those who like or at least tolerate it.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
the funniest thing to me is im fully expecting bayo to be top tier for all of ultimate not as dominant to be sure but were still probobly gonna see 3 grandfinals with bayo dittos
I want to believe most people won't mind a top tier Bayo if she's not as overwhelmingly dominant. I know I won't. People have softened on Diddy and Sheik as they got nerfed, even though they remain top tier.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, since you are here.

Hey Delzethin Delzethin , just wanted to say that, as someone who follow your videos. Your video Lycanroc Dusk made me wayyyyy more interested in the character, you really did a good job explaining what a character like Lycanroc could bring up to the table, and as someone who think his design is a bit too....simple, I really think now there is more to it than just the look. And for that, I just wanted to thank you for making such awesome content. :)

KMDP

Smash Legend
'just looked at the match on Youtube.

I have to say, while the match was great, seeing it make me even more sad because, EVO 2018, or even Smash 4 in general won't be remembered for good match-up like this one. Instead, what will be remember when talking about Smash 4 for a long time will be things like the GF Bayo Ditto, or the Hoo-Haa, or Cloud ridiculous easy to use moveset, and so forth.

And that's just sad. I'm not saying Smash 4 is perfect, far from it, there is alot of problems in it and I want Ultimate to fix those problems, but I believe heavily that you need to see both the good and bad side of what you play/read/watch/etc... to improve yourself and the community you are a part from. But now...things are just looking bleak as ever for Smash 4, and Ultimate will have to face alot of expectation to not be another mess like this GF was.

And that, in my opinion, that just blow.:drsad:
Reminds me of part of a stand-up act by Jimmy Carr, where he explains that people only really remember the first and last bits of an act.

I won't link to the video itself, not only because I don't think I could find it, but also, even if I could find it, it's deliberately offensive.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I see then.

The problem with this kind of advice, or anything in general that people tell me, is that I need to be reminded of said advice constantly until it get put in my brain for good.

If not, then I can just forget what I been told at any time, and be back to case 1. Which is something I had to deal my whole life, and is still causing problem to this day.

Trust me, I try to put advice I been told in place I can remember them. But sometime, even this doesn't work.

And I say that, because you are right. I can't improve by looking at a blank, white page, I need to write, I need to drawn, I need to do SOMETHING before I can get better. But motivation is just hard to get, and when it does, it come at the worst time possible (like at work or somethin')

But...if I can say something nice about my work. Is that, as of now, you guys have reacted positively to it, it sure ain't the best, but I haven't heard peoples saying that what I do is too weird or bad or such. And honestly, this motivate me, alot, and if I could just stop thinking and thinking and just do it. I feel like I be much better that I am now, but still, I am decent, not the best, but decent still, there is worse, and frankly, I should be happy I can do something that people like.

So yeah, thank you for your advice.
A blank page is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God.
avi_thirsty.png

Good artists copy, great artists steal. I'm going to assume this is a mugging where I beat James Scott Bell with a cheap HP All-In-One.

Anyway if I've been of any help, you're welcome. We're all in this together.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My thoughts on this Smash drama:

Considering how Bayonetta keeps getting booed no matter what whenever there are people, those people deserve every **** they get for having the nerve to disrespect people like that. It's like when Zero won and the crowd started chanting "Melee! Melee!". You just don'g deserve an ounce of respect if you do that and while it's a shame Smash 4's final EVO had this as the grand finals, the fact people still keep booing a character all the time is unacceptable

KMDP

Smash Legend
A blank page is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God.
View attachment 155752

Good artists copy, great artists steal. I'm going to assume this is a mugging where I beat James Scott Bell with a cheap HP All-In-One.

Anyway if I've been of any help, you're welcome. We're all in this together.
Actually, your point earlier of "things can be redone" has inspired/encouraged me to post something.
Around two weeks ago, I wanted to draw a picture of Tifa, and had a pose in mind for it.
TifaArt-Drafts.png

Unfortunately, I ended up not liking how I drew it, even after drawing it twice.
So I ended up drawing an entirely new image which was completely different.
Final Image
This image was drawn back in November 2015. The program I was using crashed midway through the first image, which allowed me to step back and realise how... just... awful it looked. :laugh:

FailedTailsStock.png

SSB4TailsStock.png

Not sure what I was thinking with the first one. Needless to say the second one is much, much more on-model.
Hopefully this encourages people who create art not to give up just because the work doesn't look right the first time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyone in particular you're excited about from the 9 new characters?

I'm looking forward to Mika and Merkava personally.
Merkava because he looks crazy, and Mika because I just really like her character theme:
Akihiko for sure. He looks super fun

Tho Im scared for Merkava, him and his noodle arms but they really should of added Adachi

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Actually, your point earlier of "things can be redone" has inspired/encouraged me to post something.
Around two weeks ago, I wanted to draw a picture of Tifa, and had a pose in mind for it.
View attachment 155753
Unfortunately, I ended up not liking how I drew it, even after drawing it twice.
So I ended up drawing an entirely new image which was completely different.
Final Image
This image was drawn back in November 2015. The program I was using crashed midway through the first image, which allowed me to step back and realise how... just... awful it looked. :laugh:

View attachment 155754

View attachment 155755
Not sure what I was thinking with the first one. Needless to say the second one is much, much more on-model.
Hopefully this encourages people who create art not to give up just because the work doesn't look right the first time.
Honored that I could inspire you, fam.

And to good **** besides. I dig it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Might as well comment on Smash 4's Grand Finals.

I honestly feel weary for Smash Ultimate's competitive scene, now. I really hope someone at Nintendo caught on to the crowd's dissatisfaction with the Grand Finals and it somehow gets to Sakurai. People in the crowd leaving in droves before and during Grand Finals is never a good thing, and I can't blame them for doing so. That Grand Finals was a joke, and an embarrassment to Smash's competitive scene and community. What worries me is if Bayonetta remains largely unchanged in Smash Ultimate, I can see the same thing happening all over again.

Hopefully things will be much better with Smash Ultimate, but with Bayonetta back, I'm honestly unsure if it will.

Otherwise, I'm excited for Melee's Grand Finals today, and I plan on tuning in the the grand finals of some other games as well. Even if they don't strike me as a game I'd enjoy playing, Grand Finals are always fun to watch. Or at least, usually fun to watch.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Honored that I could inspire you, fam.

And to good **** besides. I dig it.
To be honest, I think Artists showing their initial drafts (basically, the bad stuff) is something that probably doesn't happen often enough.

It fosters the notion that artists are just naturally talented, and the work they do is effortless (which, admittedly, might be what you want :laugh:), but it's not really conducive to fostering new talent.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still we have more stupidity going on in the competive scene again. It’s always something...

Moving on:

I got more orbs and did pulls today in heroes and...
I got legendary Lucina!

She’s plus res minus hp which leaves her with low hp but she has her main stats in tact so she should still do pretty good.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It doesn't matter how Smash Ultimate's competitive balance plays out. People are still going to whine about characters they don't like watching/fighting against.

Smash is a game that covers a wide variety of play styles. But the competitive community only care about one, and that's unga-bunga rushdowns. Everything else gets booed.

Be it speculation or e-Sports, the Smash community always has and always will be incredibly petty.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
All this EVO salt and I'm sitting over here like what's EVOs, precious?

Ain't watched ****.

By the sound of it that wasn't a bad move.

Oh **** off another person that I'm double the age of?
1533474157187.png

I'm one to talk.

To be honest, I think Artists showing their initial drafts (basically, the bad stuff) is something that probably doesn't happen often enough.

It fosters the notion that artists are just naturally talented, and the work they do is effortless (which, admittedly, might be what you want :laugh:), but it's not really conducive to fostering new talent.
True dat.

It's why I haven't been shy about throwing my words out there recently.

Doesn't help when I still lack words, but y'know.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People wonder why Smash has an awful reputation in the FGC.
The **** audience last night is a prime example.

That audience didn't deserve a good showing at all.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
and I did, for a whole 18 years and I still only had the drawing skill of how I was in elementary and middle school
It took me more than 20 years to improve to the point I have, though I'm mostly self-taught; and I know I can still improve.

I'm sure you must have improved after 18 years. If you were stagnating, it might have been time for a different approach, not giving up altogether.
True dat.

It's why I haven't been shy about throwing my words out there recently.

Doesn't help when I still lack words, but y'know.
Ironically, I don't know what to say in response to this, other than general agreement. :laugh:(All that time I've spent improving my vocabulary)

Some words: Always look back to where you came from, because it shows you how far you've come.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i
I'm sure you must have improved after 18 years. If you were stagnating, it might have been time for a different approach, not giving up altogether
Well I gave up because it was disheartening to see how ****ty my stuff was so I just lost motivation and havent been motivated to get back to it since

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well I gave up because it was disheartening to see how ****ty my stuff was so I just lost motivation and havent been motivated to get back to it since
Well, there's nothing I can really say to that. Seeing as I can't see your stuff.

What I will say is that you might be over-critical of yourself.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
How dare people not watch an incredibly boring Grand Finals! How dare they!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is the one time in the year when I get to shove Donuts down my throat.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How dare people not watch an incredibly boring Grand Finals! How dare they!

See, leaving the crowd is actually sensible instead of hate-watching and booing.
There's no obligation to watch at all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How come you can only do it now? Is it a diet problem or something?
Um... mind if I ask why?
Well basically I don't usually eat those kinds of foods regularly anymore due to strict diet changes I made a year or two ago. I was obese before so making these changes helped me become a lot healthier and now i'm at a healthy weight.

Of course I gotta snack on em' donuts at least once a year tho lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well basically I don't usually eat those kinds of foods regularly anymore due to strict diet changes I made a year or two ago. I was obese before so making these changes helped me become a lot healthier and now i'm at a healthy weight.

Of course I gotta snack on em' donuts at least once a year tho lol.
Ahh, I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom