• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
**** you, **** all of you

+Res/-HP
At least he beats my current Hector in everything but HP

Now I just need Vantage fodder because they seem to have disappeared from my summons
May your future be blessed with more Lon'qu summons.
It's been so long since I've pulled Lon'qu but I don't want to get rid of my last one because he's my favorite myrmidon unless you count Saber but you shouldn't since he's a mercenary and Gaiden was weird and put them in the same class line.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just realized that I've been talking a lot of **** about Opossum Opossum lately.

Lol sorry bud.

EDIT: THAT OPISSUM THING WAS PURELY ACCIDENTAL OPO IM SORRY

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

May your future be blessed with more Lon'qu summons.
It's been so long since I've pulled Lon'qu but I don't want to get rid of my last one because he's my favorite myrmidon unless you count Saber but you shouldn't since he's a mercenary and Gaiden was weird and put them in the same class line.
I have a 4* Gordin for the worst case scenario, thankfully. I already promoted a Frederick to 5* just for WoM once and I haven't got a single Cain since the game launched(at this point, I'm convinced he doesn't exist) so I'm ready to spend 20k feathers for a skill again.
Hopefully, Lon'Qu is in the next 4* Heroes banner, can't remember if he was in the first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a 4* Gordin for the worst case scenario, thankfully. I already promoted a Frederick to 5* just for WoM once and I haven't got a single Cain since the game launched(at this point, I'm convinced he doesn't exist) so I'm ready to spend 20k feathers for a skill again.
Hopefully, Lon'Qu is in the next 4* Heroes banner, can't remember if he was in the first.
I only got my first Cain somewhat recently despite pulling red all the time. Got my second Cain in the same summon.

He went from not existing to existing twice. Weird stuff, man. Never saw him again after that either.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
OH MY GOD THE ODD EGG HATCHED INTO A SHINY SMOOCHUM!!!

but I wanted a Cleffa, hence why I waited so long before I got the odd egg...

BUT TWO SHINIES IN ONE DAY IN CRYSTAL??? HOLY ****!!

EDIT: TFW Smoochum can't learn lovely kiss, evolves at level 30, which is way past the level Jynx learns it. :(

Sing it is, then.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The Odd Egg's chances for a shiny are 50/50 if I remember right.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And the winner of the last poll was Infernape, people are definitely drawn to their fighting types. Empoleon was second place with Roserade right behind it. Torterra was left in the dust for being too slow.

Next up we have a a poll full of Gen 4 Pokken fan favorites so far, which will be fun. Your picks are Croagunk, Weavile, Garchomp, and Abomasnow.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 Garchomp stomps

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I'll gladly draw Layton and family! I might do it next even as a warm up given the next one I'm gonna tackle /(from Gwen) will be a toughie.

@Mythra

Here's an update. I should be done on this by Sunday.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
redfeatherraven redfeatherraven did you beat DQB on PS4? Can you tell me what the Builders Workbench in Terra Incognita replaces so I know what to get rid up. I have building station scattered all around the ground and im getting confused
Still haven't fired it up, honestly.

P5 got first round on the PS4, and it's been fallow since. Lotta ****'s gone down, haven't been able to do much more than fiddle with Starbound and mobile stuff.

We were asking you guys a question.
You gotta give me context here.

Prior questions noted, I don't generally nickname my mons these days, with rare exceptions, and I'm not sure who the most Venom-like mon is.

****ing Muricans,
I mean if you're into that we're not bad I guess.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So...
Actually let me list all the pending drawing requests

Layton Family - Prof Pumpkaboo
Rabbit Tank - Gwen
Fedora Penguin - Shiny Legendary
Dahlia (Xenoblade 2) - Aussie
Kat (Gravity Rush) - SegaUbi
Brash the Bear (DKC3) - Azure
Satsuki, Yui - Mandala

No estimates on how long it will take.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*sigh* alright I've calmed down...

So, I got two (three counting the red gyarados) shinies. After some research, I've come to realize these two will be problematic if I choose to use them (and obviously, I will).

The first was Weedle, who's evolution, Beedrill, is a tad needy on TMs, I think. Also its Beedrill, so using it legitimately is going to be interesting, even if its just in game. The second shiny is Smoochum, who loses out on what makes Jynx good in the first place- Lovely Kiss. Instead, I will have to use Sing- a lower ACC alternative.

So here's my planned move sets for both of them.

Beedrill: Twineedle, Poison Sting, Agility, Pursuit

Yeah, even if its a shiny, I'm not wasting a TM on it. Especially Sludge Bomb. Poison Sting is there for the chance Poison, Twineedle is Beedrill's best attack, Agility for haste, and Pursuit to catch enemies in the switch (which never happens). Yikes... Forgot how bad Bee was.

Jynx: Ice Beam, Psychic, Sing, Nightmare

This, I can work with. Smoochum is gonna have to hold the ever stone until it learns Psychic (Lv. 37), then I'll have to get it Ice Beam from the move tutor. Until then, it'll use Icy Wind. Nightmare for damage over time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So...
Actually let me list all the pending drawing requests

Layton Family - Prof Pumpkaboo
Rabbit Tank - Gwen
Fedora Penguin - Shiny Legendary
Dahlia (Xenoblade 2) - Aussie
Kat (Gravity Rush) - SegaUbi
Brash the Bear (DKC3) - Azure
Satsuki, Yui - Mandala

No estimates on how long it will take.
Was this because I used my meme powers to make Build nearly win your poll?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Are we seriously going to have to wait 3 months or so between every Nintendo Arcade Arcade???

It's been 5 months now and only 2 have been released with no word of when/what the other 9 announced games will come out.

Come on, Nintendo/Hamster, I want to give you my money but you clearly don't want it. :glare:

D

Deleted member

Just caught a shiny Weedle in Crystal! :4villager:
Congratulations man! I am trying to get a shiny starter in Heart Gold.
That truly is a legendary moment....

EDIT: TFW Smoochum can't learn lovely kiss, evolves at level 30, which is way past the level Jynx learns it. :(

Sing it is, then.
Dude, you are so lucky. My sister has like a million shinies that are legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah. I'll forget that poll lol.

That rise was nothing short of meteoric.

Poor Kat
For those who don't know, Fal had a poll for the order of his drawings and Build had zero votes so Fal tagged me out of pity. I had gained a **** ton of followers by gushing about weeb **** suits and sent a chunk of them to vote. Meaning Build went from last place to BARELY missing out on first place iirc

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey, guys I've come to a possibly sad realisation, for when it comes to N64/Saturn/PS1 era of gaming, which is that a number of gaming companies have screwed up their archives. And the way I came to this conclusion, is that Sega hasn't really ported or re-released their old Saturn games, plus I'm sure it was stated they lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon, and the fact the Komami lost their source code to one of their Silent Hill games, can't remember which one, believe it was the original Silent Hill, has just reaffirmed this reality for me, I really hope I'm wrong. But I just can't help but get this sinking feeling that not a lot of game stuidos have been archiving their stuff properly.

Seems people learned nothing of the mistakes, that BBC made, during the early years of TV.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, guys I've come to a possibly sad realisation, for when it comes to N64/Saturn/PS1 era of gaming, which is that a number of gaming companies have screwed up their archives. And the way I came to this conclusion, is that Sega hasn't really ported or re-released their old Saturn games, plus I'm sure it was stated they lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon, and the fact the Komami lost their source code to one of their Silent Hill games, can't remember which one, believe it was the original Silent Hill, has just reaffirmed this reality for me, I really hope I'm wrong. But I just can't help but get this sinking feeling that not a lot of game stuidos have been archiving their stuff properly.

Seems people learned nothing of the mistakes, that BBC made, during the early years of TV.
Aren't there still like 100 or so episodes of Doctor Who that still haven't been tracked down just for that reason?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Aren't there still like 100 or so episodes of Doctor Who that still haven't been tracked down just for that reason?
Yes, there are also a number of cultural milestones lost as well, since the BBC was one of the first British tv channels. Pretty sure this stuff also applies to stuff in the USA as well, with their early TV stuff. Hell there are whole companies dedicated to going into Africa, and going through their stuff, so as to find that countries cultural milestones so they can archive them and fix them up, which then allows those the countries to have a back up, so as you can see we have a huge archiving problem.

And remember how a few years, major gaming companies like THQ, went bankrupt, well, just think for a second, what happened to their archive? Chances are it hasn't exactly been well looked after, so who know how many hard drives with a games source code on it, ended up in a land fill.

This actually why I'm really compassionate about archiving video-games, you know since the industry is still going through growing pains, we can possibly avoid losing a good number games, that had show the different ways game devs have done to create their games, unlike how TV, movies, music and other mediums have lost a good number of their early techniques cause of what they had to go through.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Believe me, they have not. Kind of understand why, though.

Similar to the BBC's situation, archiving all that takes time, space, and money - and while data storage may be close to trivial now for that kind of stuff, it wasn't at all then. Since you can only know if you have a hit on your hands in hindsight, new stuff that kept the lights on was prioritized.

Plus you have to hope that whatever format the code's written in doesn't get straight up obsoleted and lost, which is especially true the more tricks you pull to try to push more out of the hardware. That's one of the (many, many) things that gives emulation grief.

And a lot of the early game studios were shoestring, small-team affairs to begin with. We talk about the **** indie developers pull now, but back in the day that's the kind of conditions almost everyone ran with.

That all said:

Yes, there are also a number of cultural milestones lost as well, since the BBC was one of the first British tv channels. Pretty sure this stuff also applies to stuff in the USA as well, with their early TV stuff. Hell there are whole companies dedicated to going into Africa, and going through their stuff, so as to remove that countries cultural milestones, to archive them and fix them up, so that the country has a back up, see we have a huge archiving problem.

And remember how a few years, major gaming companies like THQ, went bankrupt, well, just think for a second, what happened to their archive? Chances are it hasn't exactly been well looked after, so who know how many hard drives with a games source code on it, ended up in a land fill.

This actually why I'm really compassionate about archiving video-games, you know since the industry is still going through growing pains, we can possibly avoid losing a good number games, that had show the different ways game devs have done to create their games, unlike how TV, movies, music and other mediums have lost a good number of their early techniques cause of what they had to go through.
It's a noble cause.

Spread the word, my friend.

I'm guessing by your Avatars you guys are a bunch of Weebs.
You ain't wrong.

Puff avi, puff reference in the username - you fit right in, chum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am going to say it, but anime fans =/= weebs
I am not a weeb myself although I dream of going to Japan. Same with France.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom