• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guys, it's FFIV and VI that are on Wii VC, not II and III.

SNES II in NA = IV in Japan
SNES III in NA = VI in Japan

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hardin is -Atk +HP. -ATK kind of sucks, but hey, I got Hardin, and he still hits hard. Plus it's better than him losing bulk. When in doubt buffs will help too.

Along the way I got five stars of Athena and Peri, plus a five star Marth that I can merge into my current one. Also got my first L'Arachel. I think I'll stop for now on this banner and save the rest of the orbs. Sorry, Grima and Celica (but hey, at least the
latter might drop).

D

Deleted member

Why can people get their crazy husbandos but I can't get a single LA Hector? I'll take a -Def/+Spd at this point

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Personally I'm kinda satisfied with what I've got from the Valentines' Banner for now - Valentine's Roy, Eliwood and Hector but I was hoping to get Lilina eventually. Hoping I can at least get Grima from the Fallen Heroes Banner, and I should be able to get enough Orbs for a decent summoning... Sadly I rarely see my Orb count in the double digits, but maybe I'll be able to get Grima before the banner closes...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Of course people thinks Pokémon's Twitter celebrating Pokémon Day this Tuesday is hinting at a reveal of some sort. :rolleyes:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So...

I want to play the old Final Fantasy games...

Should I buy Final Fantasy I,II and III on Wii VC? Is that my best option?
Late but the best version of FF1 is, IMO, the PSX version, which is on PSN. It keeps the core gameplay the same as the original(such as keeping the charge system), while also updating the interface to be more enjoyable. Adding stuff like a run button and quicksave. Plus it comes bundled with a version of FFII that has many of the same benefits.

As for FFII - assuming you mean the one properly known as FF4 - I've never played the SNES version, but apparently the SNES translation is pretty bad. I've seen more people recommend the GBA version if you want a more traditional take on the game, or the DS remake for a more updated one.

The SNES version of FFIII/6 is fine, from what I've heard.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Of course people thinks Pokémon's Twitter celebrating Pokémon Day this Tuesday is hinting at a reveal of some sort. :rolleyes:
Obviously when Nintendo or Nintendo related twitter accounts mention anything it’s really just a tease to an upcoming game,

D

Deleted member

As for FFII - assuming you mean the one properly known as FF4 - I've never played the SNES version, but apparently the SNES translation is pretty bad. I've seen more people recommend the GBA version if you want a more traditional take on the game, or the DS remake for a more updated one.
And to my understanding, the PSP version (which is the one I own) is similar to the GBA one. Plus it includes The After Years (also on WiiWare) and the exclusive Interlude game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And to my understanding, the PSP version (which is the one I own) is similar to the GBA one. Plus it includes The After Years (also on WiiWare) and the exclusive Interlude game.
The psp versions of 1,2 and 4 are great.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well this is something.
Pikachu sounds like a man and it seems more live-action. Also Mewtwo!
I think Mewtwo is the villain and apparently, a protagonist named Tim has a father who was missing for two months. It looks more realistic instead of anime so this is going to be a while for me to get used to.
I think the game looks pretty good.

Which is saying a lot because I haven't been impressed with any of the Pokemon spinoffs since the N64/Gamecube ones.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And all Nintendo Fans care is Mario, right? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
More like Pokemon. Or Smash Bros.
Hardin is -Atk +HP. -ATK kind of sucks, but hey, I got Hardin, and he still hits hard. Plus it's better than him losing bulk. When in doubt buffs will help too.
I don't think -ATK means anything when you have a character capable of attacking twice on both player and enemy phase. Yeah, Hardin has Gradivus, which gives him DC AND he can use Steady/Warding Breath, Bold Fighter AND Quick Riposte Seal. He's going to be proccing an Bonfire/Ignis anytime he attacks or gets attacked.
Why can people get their crazy husbandos but I can't get a single LA Hector? I'll take a -Def/+Spd at this point
*insert image of "When everybody gets their husbandos, but you keep getting your husbandos' daughter" here*
Was just thinking of getting a Breath skill for Grima lol

All I need is a Hard Bold Fighter and I got my monster :p
You may want to keep that Ike for when that new thing that requires Legendary Heroes comes out. Cause trust me, I'm sure there's going to be plenty of moments of people going, "Why didn't I keep Ike for this stupid thing?" and whatnot.
How the hell did Hector drop so much though?
Well, guess it's Def Tactics fodder then

Why would you put a Breath skill on something with Vengeful Fighter?
I think people just wanted to tick off people with Bikini Tharja and whatnot. Even if she's actually a powerful character gameplay-wise. And like I said, probably best to keep that Ike for when that new thing that requires Legendary Heroes comes out.

And read my post about Hardin with Steady/Warding Breath, Bold Fighter AND Quick Riposte Seal. The same build can apply for Black Knight and Grima, as they have DC on their weapons.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh Jesus I thought people liked Ike. But the comments here are just salt.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And so, I have all of the Badges of Johto.

Typhlosion Lv. 36
Slowbro Lv. 38
Marowak Lv. 36
Eevee Lv. 36 (will you ****ing evolve already)

Shutout to Slowbro for complete wrecking Clair. Before fighting the Gym, I went back to Goldenrod City and earned enough coins to obtain Blizzard. With this move in tow, I challenged Clair with Slowbro, who OHKO'd all three Dragonairs and tanked everything Kingdra threw at him like a champ.

"There must be some mistake." - Clair :080:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You may want to keep that Ike for when that new thing that requires Legendary Heroes comes out. Cause trust me, I'm sure there's going to be plenty of moments of people going, "Why didn't I keep Ike for this stupid thing?" and whatnot.
... I'll do it later then.

Besides. I still need a Bold Fighter before doing it anyway :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How dare they ***** about the husbando. :/

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think the salty ones are the ones who tried to get Tharja on Christmas, they didn't get her, they saw this chance, they tried to vote for her, they failed to get her high enough to beat Ike, they're salty cause they still couldn't get her and now have to wait for another chance to get her. Also, potential Vengeful Fighter/Close Counter fodder.

Chrono.

I think the salty ones are the ones who tried to get Tharja on Christmas, they didn't get her, they saw this chance, they tried to vote for her, they failed to get her high enough to beat Ike, they're salty cause they still couldn't get her and now have to wait for another chance to get her. Also, potential Vengeful Fighter/Close Counter fodder.
Yeah most of the comments I've seen are mostly from an utility standpoint.

Also general saltiness at sword units.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, I can kind of understand the salt, but for a reason that may not seem as obvious.

They made the voting drag on for far too long when they basically guaranteed Ike winning from the start. The whole "you can vote for Legendary Ike, too" immediately after he got announced likely swayed things massively. It was a forgone conclusion.

Chrono.

I mean, I can kind of understand the salt, but for a reason that may not seem as obvious.

They made the voting drag on for far too long when they basically guaranteed Ike winning from the start. The whole "you can vote for Legendary Ike, too" immediately after he got announced likely swayed things massively. It was a forgone conclusion.
For what it's worth, Tharja did get pretty dang close.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For what it's worth, Tharja did get pretty dang close.
Honestly just HOW close she got surprises me a bit. I knew she'd be the second most wanted, but I thought Ike would have had the bigger lead. Then again, she's a popular character for fodder reasons, meta reasons, and waifu reasons, so she kinda hits a high-vote trifecta pretty well.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
And so, I have all of the Badges of Johto.

Typhlosion Lv. 36
Slowbro Lv. 38
Marowak Lv. 36
Eevee Lv. 36 (will you ****ing evolve already)

Shutout to Slowbro for complete wrecking Clair. Before fighting the Gym, I went back to Goldenrod City and earned enough coins to obtain Blizzard. With this move in tow, I challenged Clair with Slowbro, who OHKO'd all three Dragonairs and tanked everything Kingdra threw at him like a champ.

"There must be some mistake." - Clair :080:
Loved how salty Clair gates when your beat her, just gives more to her character, kinda like Whitney but yeah how did you get though the game so fast yo?

Also i'm pretty if you let you Eevee fight more it'll evolve.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly just HOW close she got surprises me a bit. I knew she'd be the second most wanted, but I thought Ike would have had the bigger lead. Then again, she's a popular character for fodder reasons, meta reasons, and waifu reasons, so she kinda hits a high-vote trifecta pretty well.
You forgot fanservice design reasons :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Marvel's getting some comic shake up soon I think. I hope Spider-Man gets a new writer on the main book. Spectacular Spider-Man has gotten better recently. Chip Zdarksy tried too hard to be funny at first, but the series improved with him at the helm eventually.

His run also made the idea of Spider-Man and Black Panther being bros really cool to me. In one of BP's books, he fought Kraven a bunch, given that he's also an animal based hero. There ought to have them work together to fight him someday. If that hasn't been a full story arc of that yet.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Marvel's getting some comic shake up soon I think. I hope Spider-Man gets a new writer on the main book. Spectacular Spider-Man has gotten better recently. Chip Zdarksy tried too hard to be funny at first, but the series improved with him at the helm eventually.

His run also made the idea of Spider-Man and Black Panther being bros really cool to me. In one of BP's books, he fought Kraven a bunch, given that he's also an animal based hero. There ought to have them work together to fight him someday. If that hasn't been a full story arc of that yet.
Well that's nice to hear, I hope they use Kraven for the next Spider-Man movie, BTW have you seen Black Panther yet?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well that's nice to hear, I hope they use Kraven for the next Spider-Man movie, BTW have you seen Black Panther yet?
Not yet, though at some point I will. I do like the character, I think he's a cooler version of the "Namor/Aquaman" Royal Hero type. On top of him being the first major Black superhero in mainstream comics. I mean it isn't the most important part of his character(being a King is, which could fit into other cultures if need be, again like Aquaman), but it is a part of his background. Same with Storm I guess, and being the "big sister" of the X-Men since the 80's when she first led the X-Men.

For Spider-Man, I really want a well done Venom in live action having cool fights with Spider-Man. Though Kraven would a really good choice, I always did like him too. Then there's Mysterio, who should work well with today's CGI.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Slott is leaving Amazing Spider-Man after #801 iirc, but I don't know who's replacing him. Nick Spencer was rumoured to take over at one point, but I don't know how legit said rumour is.

I've also been Spectacular more as of late. Started out weak, but it's gotten pretty strong now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom