• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bloody hell, Chapter 7 is long despite hauling ***

Spoilerless:
-Went to an Inn to pick up 8 bonus levels
-Opened all my cores and got Zenobia on Nia... from a Common.
-Zeke does the Roblox death sound when he falls from high heights

Part 1: The Miracle And The Spoiler:
It happened in a flash
My life took an awful crash

When you needed me the most
I took a step back and all hope was lost

Broken Sword lies on the battleground
My friends defeated all around

Who will protect me from the scary dark?
Who will give my life a happy spark?

My soul is trapped in an eternal night
I most wake up and recover the Light

Ahead lies an uncertain tomorrow
Time to walk this path of sorrow

I swear to The Architect that rests high above
That I will find you my dear Love

-The Third Aegis Sword reminds me a lot of Monado III
-Mfw Spirit Crucible Elpys is a pseudo-maze

-Found the dude that keeps re-releasing Skyrim
-RIP Pandoria's cool glasses
-Muh Field Skills
-An Urchon Driver, well ****.
-Oh, a small spider, oh, two spiders, oh, a big spider, oh, A GIANT UNIQUE MONSTER SPIDER.
-Got stuck here long enough to do all of Zenobia's Merc Missions kek.

-Eat a Titan's Turd Addam for forcing me to fight the entire Assassin's Creed series.
-#NiaIsFree

-"I love you, Rex"
"Nia, I love you too... I love all of you guys"

Holy ****, man.
-Rex: "I fight for my friends" :4myfriends:

-Nice Aegis Sword of dust, bro.
-Malos takin' out the garbage to regain his full core.
-*turns the volume down while Pyra screams*

-On to the Cliffs of Morytha.

To be continued...

D

Deleted member

I have a question, what is better?
Final Fantasy or Xenoblade Chronicles?

Chrono.

Bloody hell, Chapter 7 is long despite hauling ***

Spoilerless:
-Went to an Inn to pick up 8 bonus levels
-Opened all my cores and got Zenobia on Nia... from a Common.
-Zeke does the Roblox death sound when he falls from high heights

Part 1: The Miracle And The Spoiler:
-The Third Aegis Sword reminds me a lot of Monado III
-Mfw Spirit Crucible Elpys is a pseudo-maze

-Found the dude that keeps re-releasing Skyrim
-RIP Pandoria's cool glasses
-Muh Field Skills
-An Urchon Driver, well ****.
-Oh, a small spider, oh, two spiders, oh, a big spider, oh, A GIANT UNIQUE MONSTER SPIDER.
-Got stuck here long enough to do all of Zenobia's Merc Missions kek.

-Eat a Titan's Turd Addam for forcing me to fight the entire Assassin's Creed series.
-#NiaIsFree

-"I love you, Rex"
"Nia, I love you too... I love all of you guys"

Holy ****, man.

-Rex: "I fight for my friends" :4myfriends:

-Nice Aegis Sword of dust, bro.
-Malos takin' out the garbage to regain his full core.
-*turns the volume down while Pyra screams*

-On to the Cliffs of Morytha.

To be continued...
**** Elpys, man.

Even after getting the Aegis back the dumb Blade power sap is still active, so UMs there are already even more obnoxious.
I wanted to go back and ****ing murder the super huge large spider near the end.

D

Deleted member

I tried VR chat and it was either grown men talking about anime or the Uganda Knuckles.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I still don’t understand the Ugandan Knuckles meme and I’m really happy about that

Chrono.

Man, the front page of the Xenoblade sub is just mourning the death of the Ardanian Soldier meme.

I guess, in the end, they got what they wanted the most.

To not be forgotten.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I still don’t understand the Ugandan Knuckles meme and I’m really happy about that
It seems you haven't been show da way.

I don't know either. Last year Knuckles was singing now there's a million of them, all Ugandan and all searching for da way.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Man, the front page of the Xenoblade sub is just mourning the death of the Ardanian Soldier meme.

I guess, in the end, they got what they wanted the most.

To not be forgotten.
Guess I'm never updating XC2, I refuse to let the meme die.

Funny to see memes of a meme getting killed, I'm actually having a lot of fun reading all this people complain about the removal of those lines. I do wonder, what made Monolith remove these lines? Are they actually taking feedback, and they were fully aware of the situation?

EDIT: just realised, they did also change the original meme of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Does anyone still remember Rex's "TAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!"?. We also made fun of that line a lot, and in the end they changed it. I guess they truly are aware of this matter. Shame, I also liked the take this...

I still want those lines as Rex's taunts if he ever gets in Smash

Last edited:

Chrono.

Guess I'm never updating XC2, I refuse to let the meme die.

Funny to see memes of a meme getting killed, I'm actually having a lot of fun reading all this people complain about the removal of those lines. I do wonder, what made Monolith remove these lines? Are they actually taking feedback, and they were fully aware of the situation?
I still want those lines as Rex's taunts if he ever gets in Smash
Memes aside a lot of people were annoyed at the repetitive chatter, so I guess they just wanted to make things less annoying. At the price of memes.
EDIT: just realised, they did also change the original meme of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Does anyone still remember Rex's "TAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!"?. We also made fun of that line a lot, and in the end they changed it. I guess they truly are aware of this matter. Shame, I also liked the take this...
I half wish they had recasted Rex at some point because Jesus.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I half wish they had recasted Rex at some point because Jesus.
Nah dude, that "EASYYYYYYYYYY Peasyyyy!" wouldn't be the same without his voice and tone. It make Rex butchered line in the first half of the story worth it imo. His perfomance does get better though starting Chapter 5.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Nah dude, that "EASYYYYYYYYYY Peasyyyy!" wouldn't be the same without his voice and tone. It make Rex butchered line in the first half of the story worth it imo. His perfomance does get better though starting Chapter 5.
Real talk, Rex has so many "memey" quotes, and the delivery on those is hilarious. Examples:

-"Let's show em a thing or three"
-"We'll beat ya, with the powah of friendship!"
-Mythra: Good job, maybe we're not dead. Rex: "I LIKE YER ATTITUDE!"

Special shoutout to Zeke for also bringing back everyone's favourite quote from the franchise, the all mighty "I'm really feeling it!". Now it's been in all three games, I wonder if it will keep coming back whenever the next Xenoblade comes out. I'm overall happy with the battle quotes of Xeno 2, doesn't reach the level of the original, but I enjoyed them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Real talk, Rex has so many "memey" quotes, and the delivery on those is hilarious. Examples:

-"Let's show em a thing or three"
-"We'll beat ya, with the powah of friendship!"
-Mythra: Good job, maybe we're not dead. Rex: "I LIKE YER ATTITUDE!"

Special shoutout to Zeke for also bringing back everyone's favourite quote from the franchise, the all mighty "I'm really feeling it!". Now it's been in all three games, I wonder if it will keep coming back whenever the next Xenoblade comes out. I'm overall happy with the battle quotes of Xeno 2, doesn't reach the level of the original, but I enjoyed them.
I generally love the line delivery, it just make anything they say more funnier. Zeke lines are just pure gold in general. My favourite being (it doesn't say it exactly like that, but close enough)

"Nopons have a really funny way to speak. Tora do this! Tora do that!"
"Tora is actually considered quit poetic in Nopon stantard!"

Again, it's not 100% like that in-game, but dang, Zeke just kill me every time I hear him in battle, before it or after it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

His battle lines did end up growing on me, it's mostly his screams (especially during emotional scenes) that bother me.

Admittedly though I haven't heard the dub in the later chapters

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
His battle lines did end up growing on me, it's mostly his screams (especially during emotional scenes) that bother me.

Admittedly though I haven't heard the dub in the later chapters
I say wait until Chapter 5. His screams and perfomance in general get better from that point. They are maybe still some heh here and there. But I really feel like that Rex's voice acting get better starting chapter 5.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So. The XV1 Beef Saga has concluded. Beef McLargehuge can now comfortably retire.

And it looks like he's gonna retire harder than anyone has retired before.

upload_2018-1-20_4-50-45.png

XV2 can't find the XV1 save - despite making every effort, following every guide, clearing every potential chokepoint.

**** that's disheartening.

Well Beef, never fear. Your disciple will carry on in your honor.

This is Bubblegum.

upload_2018-1-20_5-54-38.png

After some 6 or 7 Alt-Tab crashes and the whole "where's the Beef" thing I'm so furious I'm all out of jokes.

So she's here to throw ki blasts and take exactly zero **** from anyone or anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, I need help and fast: Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate or Samurai Warriors 4 Empire? Which one is better?

D

Deleted member

Oh, really?
I see a lot of people saying this is the "top meme of 2018", but we will have to wait. Ugandan Knuckles is definitely a weird one. They even have their own world dedicated to them and there is usually a thousand or more people on it.

D

Deleted member

All I know about Ugandan Knuckles is that it's based on an animation Gregzilla made, like, a year ago but I have no idea why it suddenly exploded.
WO3U easily. There's not much you can do in SW4E.
Thanks for the serious answer
Of course Jeanne would choose the game she's in. I call bias.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know people like the "small nose and mouth" and large eyes in anime, but it discomforts me a little. At the same time, I kind of like it.
It depends on the style and scale for me.

Today went to a job interview in our town... seems that my job is going to clean the car on our country's High Speed Railway... imagine it similar to Japan Shinkansen... but with a smaller train size...

After that I go and play XC2 and resonate those core crystals I got from the update...
Got no rare Blades.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
By what I heard, the Ugandan knuckles thing didn't even start like that. The Knuckles thing first started as being part of an animation Gregzilla made while the Uganda talk started as a thing on PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds where people were quoting the movie "Who killed Captain Alex?" in African accents. Meanwhile, the Gregzilla Knuckles avatar was made by a DeviantArtist.
The Ugandan Knuckles started when one youtuber made a video with a bunch of blue tiny Knuckles trolling people. Than a bunch of other Youtubers did the same and eventually, one video reached Reddit where it apparently got positive reception.
Naturally, because of the meme's overuse, the creator of the model isn't too happy that his model is being used to troll or bug people and now feels like he helped dig a grave for VRChat. So in other words, Ugandan Knuckles, while cute at first, has definitely degenerated into a not-so-fun meme, as even if some aren't trying to deliberately bug people, there are ones that deliberately are much like the first Youtuber vid.

Anyway, as I said, I found it okay at first. But it's definitely been run to the ground and it's sad to see a meme being over-abused and it's sad seeing the creator of the model, who simply thought, "Why not? It could be funny." when they made the model, feel at fault for something they aren't responsible for.

Although admittingly, I have seen a couple who tried to be more creative with the meme than others and one even got a chuckle from me. I wouldn't say they are that much creative, but I give them props for trying and at the very least props for not bugging or trolling people.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have a question, what is better?
Final Fantasy or Xenoblade Chronicles?
Are you talking about the series as a whole or just compare certain games? I aware the former is probably the case but I'm just asking...

I really can say it myself because of two reasons...
- I have never play or even finish any Final Fantasy game
- Final Fantasy is an old JRPG veteran series while Xenoblade is a young series (Without including Square and BandaiNamco's own Xeno titles.), so it's a pretty unfair comparison...

I can see why people like to compare those two since Xenoblade's original game Xenogears was planning to be FF VII...
But if you want to talk about the recent development track record and direction on the two games, I have to say I prefer Xenoblade than Final Fantasy recently because, I am okay with Final Fantasy's realistic style with FF XV, but I prefer XC2's anime style. Also you don't see Monoltihsoft or Nintendo announce a new Xenoblade project and took over a decade to develop, whereas FF XV it took a decade, and the upcoming FF VII remake, who knows when will it be finished.

That being said
You're going to have to be more specific.
Exactly...
Even so, like I said, I can say anything about that since I have never play any Final Fantasy game...
Also I remember Final Fantasy was more widely known for it's character class and turn based battle system... whereas Xenoblade is known for real time action battle system and the open world map.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade Chronicles is not Star Wars.
Final Fantasy IV is Star Wars.
Star Wars is good ****.
Ergo, FFIV is good **** while XC is not good ****.
Thus, we can conclude that FF>XC.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Star Wars is good ****.
I'm pretty sure FFXII is more Star Wars than FFIV. All FFIV has going for it is the plot twist. Therefore, FFXII>FFIV.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Star Wars is good ****.
I thought Xenoblade Chronicles X was more like Star Wars...
Or like Mass Effect...
But hey, Star Wars there's light saber, Xenoblade X you got skells.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
There's no Empire, so it's not Star Wars
And there's no aliens to have fun with, so it's not Mass Effect.

:p
There are blue aliens in Mass Effect and there are blue aliens in X. Also, I haven't reached that quest yet, but IIRC, you can get an alien "wife".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
pecial shoutout to Zeke for also bringing back everyone's favourite quote from the franchise, the all mighty "I'm really feeling it!". Now it's been in all three games, I wonder if it will keep coming back whenever the next Xenoblade comes out. I'm overall happy with the battle quotes of Xeno 2, doesn't reach the level of the original, but I enjoyed them.
Also for those that may not be well knwon but were still in the game...here are some of those I can think of...

Nia: Not bad... Not bad at all! (When you raise her affinity chart)> a quote from Dunban
Floren: It's only a matter of time now. > a quote from Sharla

I also like some unexpected dialogue between rare Blades...

When switch Dahlia to Agate

Agate:Dahlia may have the elegance, but I have the courage!

Wen switch from Electra to Gorg
Gorg: Thanks for taking the heat Electra.
Heat? Gorg is Reyn confimred! LOL
Reyn used to say: Yeah! I'm turning up the heat.
There's no Empire, so it's not Star Wars
And there's no aliens to have fun with, so it's not Mass Effect.

:p
Eh, I was talking about the world building and story setting at least...

I still need to finish Episode II, III and IV...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom