• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Hey, he did say Disney Star Wars movie. Still, TFA is a little bit better than Rogue One.
Rogue One is better than Last Jedi.

I do not hate Last Jedi, but it could of been better.

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars Movie.
The Force Awakens is a modern day classic completely worthy of being held up to the original three and nothing Disney has produced since even comes close, least of all Rogue One. That film was joyless. Even Empire Strikes Back had comic relief to break the tension.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yusuke Murata, the guy who does the art for One-Punch Man and Eye Shield 21 drew a picture for Mega Man's 30th's Anniversary.

Fun Fact: When he was younger he won two the Robot Master design contests. The first one was in Mega Man 4 with Dust Man. And the other was Crystal Man in Mega Man 5.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Congrats on defeating the Aliens with the help of the Prince of Bel-Air, guys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marth lost. Sad times.

Joining up with Team Hardin now. Maybe if he wins Intelligent Systems will push up the release of his Shadow Dragon self. I mean come on, it's the alt that arguably makes the most sense to be in the game after the two versions of each avatar.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Campbell's "rules" are ingrained in Western storytelling, you'll be hard-pressed to actually find an example that doesn't fit it.
Tell me how it fits in Norbit.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Jar Jar Binks is my favorite Star Wars Character.

And I am being serious.

Best. Page. Topper. Ever.
This is the time where you have to do a "TOPS *****!" type of post :p

Almost done with getting all my Personas. The problem is there's a few I have to cave and wait until the third run to do due to two people not having max confidants (Yusuke and Haru) during this run :(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is the time where you have to do a "TOPS *****!" type of post :p

Almost done with getting all my Personas. The problem is there's a few I have to cave and wait until the third run to do due to two people not having max confidants (Yusuke and Haru) during this run :(
I'm almost never a page-topper, so why not~

And hope your gaming goes well.

D

Deleted member

The Force Awakens is a modern day classic completely worthy of being held up to the original three and nothing Disney has produced since even comes close, least of all Rogue One. That film was joyless. Even Empire Strikes Back had comic relief to break the tension.
Empire Strikes Back had some comedy, but it did not have a lot of comedy.
It was more focused on the serious side.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Eh?

What about the snarky droid?

I remember a lot of banter in Rogue One.
Alan Tudyk is a national treasure, but he's barely in the movie. He's also basically the only character in the film allowed to have a personality, other than Krennic, who was great.

Empire Strikes Back had some comedy, but it did not have a lot of comedy.
It was more focused on the serious side.
You wanna question my knowledge of Empire? Do you know me at all? I've seen that movie more times than you've seen movies, period, lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alan Tudyk is a national treasure, but he's barely in the movie. He's also basically the only character in the film allowed to have a personality, other than Krennic, who was great.

You wanna question my knowledge of Empire? Do you know me at all? I've seen that movie more times than you've seen movies, period, lol.
Vaan I love ya but this is dodging so hard you're doing Matrix flippy **** at a leaf possibly falling on you

D

Deleted member

Vaan I love ya but this is dodging so hard you're doing Matrix flippy **** at a leaf possibly falling on you
Says the woman who thought some Kamen Rider guy can beat Goku and Saitama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ah yes, america day
where we pride in explosives and eating way too much, but that's mostly every other day for us anyway isnt it :b:

D

Deleted member

Soon I will watch DBZ original.
That is three anime I have binged watched that means.
One Punch Man months ago, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood just two days ago and now DBZ Original. :p

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
No not that. I know you like Star Wars.
It is just you sound like you can take my head and dunk so hard my face explodes.
Lol, I was just trying to emphasize that I know full well how much comedy there is in Empire Strikes Back, it wasn't meant as an attack or anything.

To give you some perspective on my love for this dumb space muppet movie, I own
- The 1984 pan-and-scan VHS release
- The 1989 Laserdisc (despite not even owning a laserdisc player, lol)
- The 1992 pan-and-scan VHS release
- The 1995 widescreen VHS release
- The 1997 Special Edition VHS release
- The 2004 DVD Box Set
- The 2006 individual release DVD
- And the 2011 Blu-Ray release

And I'm not happy enough with ANY of them, because not one single version is an accurate representation of the original theatrical release of the film, so I've also got two different unofficial fan restorations of the film, one of the original 35 mm print, and one of the extended 70 mm print. Most people are aware the Dvds and Blu-rays changed the movie, but almost nobody realizes there were two different versions of the film released in theaters at the same time.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Oh my god do NOT watch the original DBZ they made an episode based off of 8 manga panels just watch Kai
If you're a weeb who likes Japanese voices, watch the original. Japanese Kai is inferior.

If you're a normal human being who likes Goku speaking English, watch Kai. English Kai is so far above the original English dub of the full series it's not even fair to compare them.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
*concern*
You can gimme that look. I ain't offended.

I don't see a lot of movies, generally speaking. Usually sink time into games instead.

And my ability to clear a backlog of things I'd like to experience - be it game, movie or otherwise - is notoriously poor.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You can gimme that look. I ain't offended.

I don't see a lot of movies, generally speaking. Usually sink time into games instead.

And my ability to clear a backlog of things I'd like to experience - be it game, movie or otherwise - is notoriously poor.
It's not judging.

Well, maybe a little.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Needs Darth Binks.
But of course. Robot Chicken legit made the character even more likable.

Besides that, the various cartoons made him a crouching moron, hidden badass. Lego Star Wars helped too at times, as he wasn't useless. He was the first notable double jumper, and it mattered.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Besides that, the various cartoons made him a crouching moron, hidden badass. Lego Star Wars helped too at times, as he wasn't useless. He was the first notable double jumper, and it mattered.
Jar Jar is the scapegoat. He's, well, he's not great. But he's the least of that film's problems and is one of the only characters to have an actual arc. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Padme, they're all incredibly static characters that undergo no character development whatsoever, but Jar Jar does. It's not a great arc by any means, but it's there, and it makes him feel like an actual character.

But most people can't verbalize their issues with the movie because the movie is well made on a technical level. It's problems aren't huge, glaringly immediately obvious flaws anyone can point out, so when people try to explain why they didn't like it, they don't really have much to say other than surface level complaints, of which "Jar Jar sucks" became the big sticking point for most people.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jar Jar is the scapegoat. He's, well, he's not great. But he's the least of that film's problems and is one of the only characters to have an actual arc. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Padme, they're all incredibly static characters that undergo no character development whatsoever, but Jar Jar does. It's not a great arc by any means, but it's there, and it makes him feel like an actual character.

But most people can't verbalize their issues with the movie because the movie is well made on a technical level. It's problems aren't huge, glaringly immediately obvious flaws anyone can point out, so when people try to explain why they didn't like it, they don't really have much to say other than surface level complaints, of which "Jar Jar sucks" became the big sticking point for most people.
Indeed. And quite true. Like, to be fair, he did actually cause Sidious to rise to power... but that's more or less a quick scapegoat explanation they created to make him hated anyway. Jar Jar never intentionally did bad things. He's just the black sheep of his race. Big deal. He still gets development. And that's awesome~

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's not judging.

Well, maybe a little.
Judge as you feel you must.

All I can be is me.

In this case I'm referring to the fan theory that Jar Jar was designed to be a dark side user in league with Palpatine.

Makes the character's existence a great deal more tolerable, and the hate a great deal more earned.

It also somewhat counteracts the problem of him being a scapegoat for Palpatine's rise to power by giving him agency in the matter - agency he uses in Sidious' service.

But he's the least of that film's problems
That is the sound of a thousand terrible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom