• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait I just got out of work. You for real right now??
The datamine mentioned Daroach and Dark Meta Knight, both of which were already revealed. Also...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This seems pretty convincing to me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wait.

Wait guys.

I get it now.

This is how Pokechu managed his terrifying Inkbrush skills.

He's min-maxed.

Taste is his dump stat.
Min-maxing.

Pokechu's true fetish.
The datamine mentioned Daroach and Dark Meta Knight, both of which were already revealed. Also...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This seems pretty convincing to me.
I know about the datamine. Its just...

This is too good to be true...

I'm gonna have to wait until we see her. But dude, I'm super pumped. First Young Link and now Adeleine's return. This is truly the best timeline.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So this is the new Mega Man Robot Master, Blast Man.

View attachment 151284

And this is Bakugou Katsuki.

View attachment 151285
I bet Blast Man is still less of a little **** stain.

I am a little interested in DBZ now.
Which series is the best one?
DBZ is so confusing.
A lot of people who grew up when I did followed it since DBZ, and it's not that hard.

Though if you really want the whole story, go with Dragon Ball, then watch Dragon Ball Z Kai(it's DBZ with less filler and better voice acting).

DBS was pretty 50/50 for me as a huge Dragon Ball fan, so I can only say to watch it if you like the series.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’ve been thinking more about the NintenZone fighting game, and I got the basic idea for the plot.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I’ve been thinking more about the NintenZone fighting game, and I got the basic idea for the plot.
There's not a single fighting game franchise out there whose plot I'd define as "basic." lol. If that ****'s not sixteen different layers of crazy, it's not a proper fighting game plot.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We start critizicing our respective fetishes resulting in a full scale war?

Chrono.

There's not a single fighting game franchise out there whose plot I'd define as "basic." lol. If that ****'s not sixteen different layers of crazy, it's not a proper fighting game plot.
Now that you mention it

Does Virtua Fighter have a plot at all?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wait, who exactly would be playable in it? :p
You should be able to guess most of them. There’s 23 characters.

It’s not a basic plot. It’s just the general idea. I’ll flesh it out obviously.

Tell us more.
Well in short the plot is about 22 mercenaries hunting the world for an ancient gods lost gift. Spoiler alerts but it’s Psycho Incarnate’s prison cell.

We start critizicing our respective fetishes resulting in a full scale war?
lol no.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ooo, is that a good way to start DBZ?
Jokes aside, no. Some characters act very differently from the source material, it's a parody. Watch it after getting into DBZ, you'll appreciate it more, honestly.

The question is which lore has the most bull**** in it? Tekken, Street Fighter, MK, KI, or KoF?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Now that you mention it

Does Virtua Fighter have a plot at all?
Ancient Mystical Form of Martial Arts passed down through thousands of years? Check.

Globe-spanning Martial Arts Tournament hosted by a shadowy syndicate with nefarious goals? Check

An Evil Android built specifically for combat, who also happens to be the main character's mother? Check

Chrono.

Jokes aside, no. Some characters act very differently from the source material, it's a parody. Watch it after getting into DBZ, you'll appreciate it more, honestly.

The question is which lore has the most bull**** in it? Tekken, Street Fighter, MK, KI, or KoF?
I feel this is a trick question because, on Tekken's terms, SF and KoF all share the same world as it, as well as Final Fantasy 15 because why not.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Tekken is the franchise I know the best, and up until Tekken 4, it had a reasonably coherent, if needlessly melodramatic and overly-complicated, plot. But starting with Tekken 5, it just became retcon after retcon after retcon and I honestly couldn't tell you what the actual plot is supposed to be anymore.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel this is a trick question because, on Tekken's terms, SF and KoF all share the same world as it, as well as Final Fantasy 15 because why not.
I mean, I guess, but even without Akuma and Geese, Tekken's plot is pretty crazy. As is Street Fighter's.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I’m going to be the Game & Watch of this game. Put in too late because I was easy to make, but ended up sucking because I was rushed and mechanically broken.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tekken is the franchise I know the best, and up until Tekken 4, it had a reasonably coherent, if needlessly melodramatic and overly-complicated, plot. But starting with Tekken 5, it just became retcon after retcon after retcon and I honestly couldn't tell you what the actual plot is supposed to be anymore.
The biggest retcon was in Tekken 4 though. The Devil "Gene" thing. Originally, Kazuya, when getting chucked off that cliff sold his soul to get revenge on Heihachi right? Okay so this would imply that the series has supernatural stuff in it. When Kazuya "dies" in Tekken 2, the Devil spirit then moves on to Jin.

But then it's revealed that the Devil power is a bloodline thing after that(with eventually Kazumi being shown to have those powers too). Except Jinpachi, who's actually a pissed off ghost.

One thing led to another and somehow we got stuck with Lars and Alisa.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, Tekken 5 might still be the best Tekken in terms of content. Tekken 7 in terms of character balance.

Never forget the Ogre's in Tekken TAG or Jin and Steve being top tier compared to everyone in Tekken 4.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
XD I dunno, would it be a fighting game full of waifus and stuff? I mean, that's what this place is mostly about, as far as I'm concerned!
Nah the characters woukd be us...or atleast my idea of what everyone looks like. lol

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The biggest retcon was in Tekken 4 though. The Devil "Gene" thing. Originally, Kazuya, when getting chucked off that cliff sold his soul to get revenge on Heihachi right? Okay so this would imply that the series has supernatural stuff in it. When Kazuya "dies" in Tekken 2, the Devil spirit then moves on to Jin.

But then it's revealed that the Devil power is a bloodline thing after that(with eventually Kazumi being shown to have those powers too). Except Jinpachi, who's actually a pissed off ghost.

One thing led to another and somehow we got stuck with Lars and Alisa.
In Tekken 1, the plot is straight forward, Kazuya was thrown off a cliff by his dad, Heihachi, when he was a kid because he was a weakling, but he survived the fall, and spent his life training to become strong so he could take revenge.

In Tekken 2, however, we learn the Kazuya survived his fall only because he made a literal deal with the devil on death's doorstep. It turns him evil, but luckily Jun has like, anti-devil powers so whenever she's near him, he's normal.

In Tekken 3, we jump forward in time a bit and learn that Kazuya has died, but not before he and Jun had a kid, Jin. It turns out, Kazuya passed on his curse to Jin, but because Jin was always near his mother, there was no sign of it until he was an adult. So far so good.

In Tekken 4, things start to get extra wonky. We learn that Kazuya and Jin possess the Devil Gene, a literal genetic predisposition to becoming the devil. It wasn't a deal with the devil that allowed Kazuya to survive being thrown from a cliff, but an actual innate characteristic of his own DNA. Heihachi didn't throw Kazuya off a cliff because he was weak, but instead did it specifically to awaken Kazuya's latent powers. Unlike his son and grandson, however, Heihachi doesn't possess the Devil Gene and therefore has no access to those latent powers. This causes drama. Oh, and also Kazuya is still alive.

In Tekken 5, we're introduced to Jinpachi Mishima, Heihachi's dad, who Heihachi literally imprisoned under the family home because Heihachi is a **** to family members. After he dies of starvation he unlocks his own Devil Gene and becomes a raging monster. We're also introduced to Asuka, Jin's cousin, though neither of them know they're related. Asuka also possess Jun's latent anti-devil powers, though she's unaware of it. Jin, meanwhile, has gone full crazy demon by this point, unable to control his power the way his father can.

In Tekken 6, Jin has taken over the Mishima Zaibatasu and intentionally starts a world war. He's gone full villain, right? Wrong. He's actually still a good guy, and the world war was a huge gambit to awaken Azazel, an ancient evil being who also happens to be the origin of the Devil Gene, somehow, and destroying him will apparently end the curse. Oh, and also it turns out Jinpachi doesn't possess the Devil Gene, he just turned into a powerful monster for completely unrelated reasons. And Heihachi had an illegitimate son with a Swedish woman.

Finally, there's Tekken 7, where we're finally introduced to Kazuya's mother Kazumi. Who also has the Devil Gene. See, she's the origin of the Devil Gene in the Mishima family, and she specifically married into the Mishima family to ruin the Mishima bloodline, for... reasons. Oh, and also killing Azazel accomplished nothing whatsoever in ending the curse and Jin is actually a bad guy after all, I think?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well in short the plot is about 22 mercenaries hunting the world for an ancient gods lost gift. Spoiler alerts but it’s Psycho Incarnate’s prison cell.
Is there any stories of love or romance in this story, praline? Even fighting games tend to have stories like that. :o

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
xD For example? What would you take as reference for that?
Well an example would be Red. He looks like a rat with sunglasses and like a kinda bardy outfit. His super would involve him ripping off his shirt and growing double in size and getting ripped as hell.

Everyone has a super move btw.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's a reach.

But it's a good reach. Sup Crusher.

DBZ Abridged.

I can't find any of my bait reactions in an acceptable timeframe, so here's a bear Frederick:

View attachment 151310

Skirting that rule is admittedly something of a hobby of mine. :awesome:

But I know why it's in place and I'd rather obey it than envision the thread without it.

I'll at least try to use properly contrasting text next round.
Though I make no guarantees hidden text won't show up elsewhere.
Possibly may do a 3rd or 4th run for the game just to get what I have left lmao

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is there any stories of love or romance in this story, praline? Even fighting games tend to have stories like that. :o
XD You know, Smash may not be like that, but aside from getting to play as my favorite dragon and villain of all time, I can finally make my ship a reality:
RXR.png

The wait was worth it. :p
Well an example would be Red. He looks like a rat with sunglasses and like a kinda bardy outfit. His super would involve him ripping off his shirt and growing double in size and getting ripped as hell.

Everyone has a super move btw.
XD Now I would like to see that in an animation just for laughs!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Our avatars?
You know me, if it has a playable Yoshi I'll buy it!!!
Yoshi wouldn’t be playable. If there was a guest it’d be someone cooler.

I guess?

Aww, if you already have the fighters in mind, then I guess I'm not one of them...
Yeah sorry the characters were decided like a full year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom