• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think this is the problem; I think he's being too nice.

Parents gotta strike a balance between being nice to their family and being stern whenever the kids really do some bad ****.
He has said he needs to discipline more lately... He has did a better job with discipline lately.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Yeah, I get complained at for the smallest/dumbest of mistakes.

Meanwhile, my sister gets financial support after lying to everyone (family included) and being a literal *****.

One has Asperger's, the other is a spoiler brat.

Life's fair, ain't it?
pretty much :V

lifes a ***** and so is other people

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's something to lighten the mood.

So Smash attacks can be charged for three times as long as normal right? Well here's something of note.
You know what that indirectly nerfs? Counters. You should on paper be able to wait out counters trying to punish your smash attack, this may be up to Shulk's long-ass counter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Folks.

Gf's at a real treacherous spot in her health saga. I'll try to summarize.

She hasn't been out of the hospital longer than a few days since Feb, and yet they still haven't gotten her strong enough to do chemo. In the last couple of days her doctors have been rushing to start chemo immediately. They haven't disclosed full details to us (her family or me) at this time, but they started pushing it fervently after they completed an MRI, which is enough to suggest something pretty terrible.

Today we learned she's also apparently got autoimmune hepatitis, and what's left of her liver is attacking itself. They can treat this with a course of steroids.

But those same steroids could bolster the cancer, which has already been allowed to run rampant since March, and the course would run for months - by the way they're talking, wouldn't expect less than seven - giving it plenty of time to strengthen the thing that's already killing her.

Meanwhile if they don't treat it at all, she may not be able to process the chemo, which will destroy the remainder of her liver, which would also kill her.

So now the docs are trying to figure out how to not kill her with steroids and/or not kill her with chemo, and the clock's running out.

For my part, I'm going to soldier on as I can. I can't do much else, a fact I detest.

But I apologize in advance if I seem perhaps a tad off and/or quiet these next few days.
Nothing I could say could really make this better, but you have my sincere condolences. That's a really, really ****ty hand of cards ye have been dealt.

Really, just take all the time you need, you have no obligation to visit here or fulfill writing challenges and such. Spend as much time with your girlfriend as you can (though I'm sure you already are). I'm sure she'd deeply appreciate your support more than anything else in the world right now. Be that light of hope she needs, nothing is worse than going through something like that and feeling nothing but despair.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Folks.

Gf's at a real treacherous spot in her health saga. I'll try to summarize.

She hasn't been out of the hospital longer than a few days since Feb, and yet they still haven't gotten her strong enough to do chemo. In the last couple of days her doctors have been rushing to start chemo immediately. They haven't disclosed full details to us (her family or me) at this time, but they started pushing it fervently after they completed an MRI, which is enough to suggest something pretty terrible.

Today we learned she's also apparently got autoimmune hepatitis, and what's left of her liver is attacking itself. They can treat this with a course of steroids.

But those same steroids could bolster the cancer, which has already been allowed to run rampant since March, and the course would run for months - by the way they're talking, wouldn't expect less than seven - giving it plenty of time to strengthen the thing that's already killing her.

Meanwhile if they don't treat it at all, she may not be able to process the chemo, which will destroy the remainder of her liver, which would also kill her.

So now the docs are trying to figure out how to not kill her with steroids and/or not kill her with chemo, and the clock's running out.

For my part, I'm going to soldier on as I can. I can't do much else, a fact I detest.

But I apologize in advance if I seem perhaps a tad off and/or quiet these next few days.
Sorry to hear about this, mate. There isn't any need to apologize, take whatever time you need and keep your strength for what is more important.

There's not much advice I can offer because this sort of feeling of helplessness is something that is very hard to deal with, but do the best that you can, and in whatever way you can.

And more importantly, never give up!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's not so much that it makes me feel uncomfortable, it just looks a bit obsessive on your part
Obsessive? Lol, I don't see how that even makes sense. I mean you used to say that about Crash porting to Switch, when the game really comes, it's pretty normal for me to remember your past statement, but hey it is what it is.
I mean the last time you did this, I was taking a hiatus from the website due to the overly fanboyish nature of a lot of Switch fans here at the time as well as general toxic behaviour. You digging up old posts from me when I wasn't active didn't make me come back any sooner, lol.
I don't ever recall I have ever did this before, if I did I should remember.
And well, I aware this thread can be a bit toxic sometime but as your later say you were bothered by fanboys, my thought is, just because when people have different opinions (or saying good stuff about Switch) when it comes to Nintendo Switch doesn't automatically make them a fanboy. Fanboy is more often than not an empty term, so you shouldn't use fanboy to downplay their opinions.
I would disagree on most Switch ports being fairly good, it has straight up been a mixed bag. Some, like Crash, have been fantastic ports, others are highly compromised experiences.
It's fine to disagree but the problem with your statement here Chiko, is that when you try say Nintendo Switch ports has been a straight mixed bag, you have mention the games lol. Not saying that you are entirely wrong but you need to mention some games to prove your statement is true. I already point out games like WWE 2K18 and FIFA 18 are bad ports, but those are developer and publisher slacking off, not because of the console.
And if you are just talking about there are a lot of ports having fps downgrade (Where games were 60fps drop to 30 fps), for me personally I don't think you should draw the line of any ports that aren't 60 fps on Switch a bad or mixed port. You should also put into consider on how well it runs, are there any feature missing, are the controls good etc... and yes, I would prefer games be 60 fps, especially FPS games, but you can't draw a line of a good port and a mixed/bad port just base on the fps and the graphics.

. And no, it's not always the developer's fault. Often times, developers don't want to port games to underpowered systems because they know that system can't handle their game.
If developers think that Switch can't handle their game... then normally they shouldn't even port their game in the first place. If they want to make games on the Switch then of course they have to make sure the game runs well on the system, this isn't a rocket science and not really the Switch to be blamed if it runs bad. However, yes, with Switch being underpowered does mean we won't every big highly graphic games come to Switch but that's okay imo.

But the publisher forces the developer to develop a port for that system because it will make money. This is one of the biggest causes of bad ports.
Okay, but, any examples? This was indeed a concern back in Switch launch days, but now when you say this it felt lofty since we haven't really see many games that are bad ports.
Only ports that are bad were FIFA 18, and that's not a surprises since it's EA, EA loves to force developer to rush the game. Look at Mass Effect Andromeda... it was bad because it was rushed.

Hell, it wasn't a port, but Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric ended up as it did because of it being forced onto the Wii U. They were developing the game for PS4 and Xbox One and then were forced to release it on Wii U instead, even though the Wii U can barely handle CryEngine.
Yeah... but that's the Wii U you are talking about, Wii U's developing environment for third party were worse than on Switch, it wasn't simply because the Wii U was underpowered, it was because of its weird CPU at the time. So not sure why you even mention Wii U here...

The Switch is great and all but people shouldn't kid themselves - it doesn't have the same specs as other systems, and as a result, some games would just be very compromised if ported to the system.
Those who understand moderate of tech stuff know Switch doesn't have the same specs Chiko, but get this, Nintendo Switch is a hybrid system thus while as a home console yeah it is an underpowered cosnole, but as a handheld it is a beast. And the Tegra chip with Switch makes it more less power cosuming but still managed to run some AAA third party games like DOOM fairly well, and I think that's an achievement already.

So, if being real here, you can't really say some games would be very compromised because that technically only the developer themselves knows and that are bland assumption and will easily be wrong. It is safe to day that we shouldn't expect all games on PS4 and Xbox One coming to Switch.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Here's a funny story about my brother when he was in the hospital 10 years ago with pneumonia to lighten the mood (don't worry he survived that and he's been 100% perfectly healthy ever since):

My brother used to sleepwalk a tiny bit when he was younger, and he was never aware of actually doing it until we told him the next morning. This is the story according to my dad: One night in the hospital, my dad was with him, sitting in one of the chairs next to his bed. He started sleepwalking, apparently needing to go use the toilet. He apparently walked up to one of the chairs next to the bed, lifted the cushion, did his business, and put the cushion back down, and went back to bed while my dad watched. My dad didn't stop him because it was probably already too late to move him to the actual toilet since the chair was next to the bed.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Here's a funny story about my brother when he was in the hospital 10 years ago with pneumonia to lighten the mood (don't worry he survived that and he's been 100% perfectly healthy ever since):

My brother used to sleepwalk a tiny bit when he was younger, and he was never aware of actually doing it until we told him the next morning. This is the story according to my dad: One night in the hospital, my dad was with him, sitting in one of the chairs next to his bed. He started sleepwalking, apparently needing to go use the toilet. He apparently walked up to one of the chairs next to the bed, lifted the cushion, did his business, and put the cushion back down, and went back to bed while my dad watched. My dad didn't stop him because it was probably already too late to move him to the actual toilet since the chair was next to the bed.
Must've been a real ****ty situation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Something weird in FEH happened.
For some reason my Brave Ike disappeared when I got my other Brave Ike.
Same thing happened when I took away a V. Ike's skill.

Why are they disappearing? Is this a glitch?

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna pull an all-nighter.
Or at least stay awake until I end up falling asleep on my own. I can function during daytime even if I only sleep for an hour.
One thing's for sure though: I am never, ever going to oversleep again. It completely ****s up my day.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Jesus, Crash looks so good on PC.

IIRC, the cutscenes were pre-rendered on PS4, but now they're in-engine and because of that, they could run even the cutscenes at 60 FPS. It makes the cartoony animations really pop.

I'll record some gameplay of the opening cutscene and first level of each game in a bit.

Yeah... of course Crash will look good on PC, this is PC we are seeing lol.
I'm just curious how does Crash runs compare from Switch to PC, I would be shocked if there is just only a minor difference.
Might check Digital Foundry then...
BORN IN A WORLD OF RAILWAYS

AGAINST THE TRACKS

Thomas the Train is from England right? I'm not that surprised lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Obsessive? Lol, I don't see how that even makes sense. I mean you used to say that about Crash porting to Switch, when the game really comes, it's pretty normal for me to remember your past statement, but hey it is what it is.

I don't ever recall I have ever did this before, if I did I should remember.
And well, I aware this thread can be a bit toxic sometime but as your later say you were bothered by fanboys, my thought is, just because when people have different opinions (or saying good stuff about Switch) when it comes to Nintendo Switch doesn't automatically make them a fanboy. Fanboy is more often than not an empty term, so you shouldn't use fanboy to downplay their opinions.

It's fine to disagree but the problem with your statement here Chiko, is that when you try say Nintendo Switch ports has been a straight mixed bag, you have mention the games lol. Not saying that you are entirely wrong but you need to mention some games to prove your statement is true. I already point out games like WWE 2K18 and FIFA 18 are bad ports.
And if you are just talking about there are a lot of ports having fps downgrade (Where games were 60fps drop to 30 fps), for me personally I don't think you should draw the line of any ports that aren't 60 fps on Switch a bad or mixed port. You should also put into consider on how well it runs, are there any feature missing, are the controls good etc... and yes, I would prefer games be 60 fps, especially FPS games, but you can't draw a line of a good port and a mixed/bad port just base on the fps and the graphics.

If developers think that Switch can't handle their game... then normally they shouldn't even port their game in the first place. If they want to make games on the Switch then of course they have to make sure the game runs well on the system, this isn't a rocket science and not really the Switch to be blamed if it runs bad. However, yes, with Switch being underpowered does mean we won't every big highly graphic games come to Switch but that's okay imo.

Okay, but, any examples? This was indeed a concern back in Switch launch days, but now when you say this it felt lofty since we haven't really see many games that are bad ports.
Only ports that are bad were FIFA 18, and that's not a surprises since it's EA, EA loves to force developer to rush the game. Look at Mass Effect Andromeda... it was bad because it was rushed.

Yeah... but that's the Wii U you are talking about, Wii U's developing environment for third party were worse than on Switch, it wasn't simply because the Wii U was underpowered, it was because of its weird CPU at the time. So not sure why you even mention Wii U here...

Those who understand moderate of tech stuff know Switch doesn't have the same specs Chiko, but get this, Nintendo Switch is a hybrid system thus while as a home console yeah it is an underpowered cosnole, but as a handheld it is a beast. And the Tegra chip with Switch makes it more less power cosuming but still managed to run some AAA third party games like DOOM fairly well, and I think that's an achievement already.

So, if being real here, you can't really say some games would be very compromised because that technically only the developer themselves knows and that are bland assumption and will easily be wrong. It is safe to day that we shouldn't expect all games on PS4 and Xbox One coming to Switch.
"I don't see how I'm possibly coming across as obsessive over the Nintendo Switch"

>Proceeds to write an essay defending and damage controlling the Switch against a short post that really wasn't even attacking the Switch.

Every time.

It's 3AM, I'm not going in-depth and nitty gritty over this.

We get it, I was wrong about Crash not coming to the Switch. Surely, I'll never live this down, and when I attempt to make a name for myself in life, I will instead be known as "the guy who wasn't 100% sure Crash would come to the Switch". :smash:

------

Moving swiftly along though, the BBC covered Doki Doki Literature Club because a 15 year old boy who had the game on his computer committed suicide and the parents blame the game, as usual.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-44644127/doki-doki-warnings-over-suicide-themed-video-game

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"I don't see how I'm possibly coming across as obsessive over the Nintendo Switch"

>Proceeds to write an essay defending and damage controlling the Switch against a short post that really wasn't even attacking the Switch.
Bruh, I thought you were saying that I was obsessive that on quoting people old post lol. So that's what you were pointing to eh? If that's the case....

>Me saying you should bring example on which games are bad ports, and I also admit that we will not get all third party games.
>> Gets called for defending and damage controlling. And this also makes me being obsessive for Switch.
RRiiiiiggghhttt....

I mean me simply talking about Switch game already makes me obsessive on Switch already, so that's not a good argument imo.

Edit: I mean did I ever call you out when it comes to your obsessive on PC and Sonic games? Hell no I won't.
Every time.
Not even close buddy lol.
Even if it's everytime as you said (When it's not) that's because the stuffs I'm confident to say were usually facts and you just kept saying I am defending and damage controlling, and that never helps on making your statement more convincing imo.

We get it, I was wrong about Crash not coming to the Switch. Surely, I'll never live this down, and when I attempt to make a name for myself in life, I will instead be known as "the guy who wasn't 100% sure Crash would come to the Switch". :smash:
Once again, you are twisting the perspective... because I didn't think Crash would come to Switch as well, not to mention saying that you were wrong.
However, no offense but, it was never just about Crash n Switch and not just you, rather than making assumptions that some games will have huge downgrade if ported to Switch, just say that not all new game on PS4, PC, and Xbox One will come to Switch . Developer should never put a game on store shelves if it runs bad, and that's for every platform.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Trust me, I hate that feeling as well. Happens to me almost everytime in this thread.
What do you want to talk about?

I posted it in reddit. I hope someone gives me a good answer.
Check you barracks again by another sorting order.

EDIT: lol I just read the reddit post.

Last edited:
20180629_221830.jpg

So i just beat Lance for the first time.
I've managed to beat all but hoenn and sinnoh now.

Shoutout to Umbreon, Piloswine, and Pidgeot for carrying the team.
:061:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here is that video I recorded of Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy running at 4K60 on my PC. I have everything cranked up to max, both in-game and on NVIDIA Control Panel.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Minor rant: After some discussion about Crash on Switch, and by looking at the release of Wolfenstein II on Switch.
I never understand how some will think that developers will have huge downgrades when porting their games on to Nintendo Switch... I really hate ports like those if that is the case though.

I never said it would be bad. I just never thought this would be a thing.
I was somewhat pointing out Carrey has played as antagonists before and I also heard he will being playing as Doomfensmirtz in the upcoming Phineas and Ferb movies, now that's crazy imo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Minor rant: After some discussion about Crash on Switch, and by looking at the release of Wolfenstein II on Switch.
I never understand how some will think that developers will have huge downgrades when porting their games on to Nintendo Switch... I really hate ports like those if that is the case though.

I was somewhat pointing out Carrey has played as antagonists before and I also heard he will being playing as Doomfensmirtz in the upcoming Phineas and Ferb movies, now that's crazy imo.
I’m surprised you chose The Grinch and not Count Olaf

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hello I too have come to give my offering to our lord and savior the Nintendo Switch.
May we be blessed by the gods from Nintendo and purge the heretics who deem it unworthy, for they do not know the holiness and might the Switch holds over peasant-tier consoles.

Amen.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guise, Im torn; I don't know if keep S Supporting FemCorn or switch to Summer Corn.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hello I too have come to give my offering to our lord and savior the Nintendo Switch.
May we be blessed by the gods from Nintendo and purge the heretics who deem it unworthy, for they do not know the holiness and might the Switch holds over peasant-tier consoles.

Amen.
What are you even saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom