• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today was plain awful in more ways than one.

From the whole Article 13 panic that happened in the server to one unruly use that had the nerve to say "Decapitation of all LGBT people would be his first world order if he ruled the world" in response to news of a boy that was beaten to death by homophobic parents.

Just because your religion (Muslim or Christian) has this attitude towards the LGBT doesn't mean you can just say **** like that and NOT get banned.

I really wanted to give this former friend the benefit of doubt, but he's a hypocrital bigot that think his views are ok when around me or others. Made sure to block him after he was banned. Never again will I ever speak with him.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Mixed feelings about this.

Like, Jim Carrey knows how to ham up a performance, but I think someone like Bryan Cranston or John Goodman would be a better fit.

Either way, this movie is going to be a trip.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, if anyone was wondering why I've been so (relatively) quiet the last few days...I was hard at work on this.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

It was....dumb. Really, really dumb.

I still enjoyed it. That is until the ending, which was ****ING STUPID! The decision made is such a dumb move, it's not even fun dumb, just flat out dumb.

I really enjoyed the first Jurassic World, and I'm even willing to defend it despite it's dumber. But Fallen Kingdom I would not blame anyone for thinking it was bad.

Perhaps probably the biggest problem with the movie is that it feels like two films stitched together into one movie. The first half could have been an entire film in itself and it probably would have been better.

Still, I had fun with the movie up until the ending. See it if you want, but go in with low expectations.
Homestly statements like these make me less and less excited for the movie.

Shame Jurassic Park is going downhill.

D

Deleted member

Saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

It was....dumb. Really, really dumb.

I still enjoyed it. That is until the ending, which was ****ING STUPID! The decision made is such a dumb move, it's not even fun dumb, just flat out dumb.

I really enjoyed the first Jurassic World, and I'm even willing to defend it despite it's dumber. But Fallen Kingdom I would not blame anyone for thinking it was bad.

Perhaps probably the biggest problem with the movie is that it feels like two films stitched together into one movie. The first half could have been an entire film in itself and it probably would have been better.

Still, I had fun with the movie up until the ending. See it if you want, but go in with low expectations.
I was offered to see it, but I refused.
The 1993 Jurassic Park and World were good, but I honestly never really cared about the series as a whole.

Chrono.

So Fighting EX Layer is definitely an online only fighting game, at least right now.

It doesn't have offline modes other than training. But the online actually works, for what it's worth.

But it's still pretty expensive at $40 and only has 12 characters. With a $60 version that has a season pass I think.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So Fighting EX Layer is definitely an online only fighting game, at least right now.

It doesn't have offline modes other than training. But the online actually works, for what it's worth.

But it's still pretty expensive at $40 and only has 12 characters. With a $60 version that has a season pass I think.
I think KI started off that way too... The key difference being it also started out free.
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Chrono.

I think KI started off that way too... The key difference being it also started out free.
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
I'm seeing more folks be not as harsh with this game compared to SFV (a similar barebones at launch game), mostly due to Arika's characters being loved and them being a really small team who needs all the support they can get.

D

Deleted member

Methinks I'll re-watch the first Incredibles film soon, alongside any family members who are also interested. Mostly because they haven't seen the first in a long time. Then we'll be going to see The Incredibles 2. I have no doubt it's gonna be fantastic.
I plan on doing the same thing. Man, it's been ages since I've last watched the first movie...
snek.gif

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My first impressions of the games that I got today are that the Crash trilogy is easy to learn but hard to master (the levels are easy to get through, at least early on, but trying to break every block is a huuuuuuuuuuge pain), while Wolfenstein is just plain hard.

I'm playing Wolfenstein on the normal difficulty (Bring 'Em On!), and BJ Blazkowicz feels like he's got the durability of a wet paper bag - enemies seem to drain his health bar in a fraction of a second once armour runs out. Maybe that's intentional in the first level, to make BJ seem weakened in order to show how awesome he is once he's not in a wheelchair, but compared to Doom (which did an excellent job with making the player feel like an unstoppable juggernaut), it seems lacking.

D

Deleted member

I'm only going to watch the Sonic movie out of curiosity. It's gonna suck, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being so bad it's good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A movie cannot be bad if Jim Carrey is in it.

It's going to be a blast.

Best part is that he actively pursued the role, apparently. That means he wanted to play Eggman and is legit gonna get into it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't think you young folks understand.

Jim Carrey defines basically any movie he's in.

The fact he's playing- WANTING to play Robotnik at that, is really big.

Maybe the movie sucks. Sure. But regardless, it will be hilarious. Guaranteeing it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A movie cannot be bad if Jim Carrey is in it.

It's going to be a blast.

Best part is that he actively pursued the role, apparently. That means he wanted to play Eggman and is legit gonna get into it.
OH YES! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I overslept today, and now I can't sleep at all.
This is why you don't oversleep, kids.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just going to put this here since Nintenzone and Ultimate Official are easily my two most active threads. Basically, ditching the "DarkAura" part of my name.

yeah guys! I'm on the Writing Team now! Really excited!

For the sake of simplicity- and wanting to get rid of that stupid, stupid username- I'm ditching the DarkAura64 part of my name.

It's what I've been known as here the past 4 years, so it wasn't an easy choice to make. Just kinda putting this out there so people hopefully don't forget who I am. :V

I'll keep my old name in my signature just in case, though. Wish me luck, guys! And of course, I'm not going anywhere, I'll still be... Y'know. Here.
I overslept today, and now I can't sleep at all.
This is why you don't oversleep, kids.
I know that pain all too well. Not to mention it just makes waking up from your next sleep all the bit harder.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Jim Carrey is playing Robotnik?

I'm now immensly interested in the Sonic movie now!!

D

Deleted member

Just going to put this here since Nintenzone and Ultimate Official are easily my two most active threads. Basically, ditching the "DarkAura" part of my name.
Oh, cool! I look forward to seeing your posts!
Right now, I view you as a figure who is superior over me by far.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh, cool! I look forward to seeing your posts!
Right now, I view you as a figure who is superior over me by far.
Hey now, I'm not superior to anyone here. I'm just a writer, and figured this would be a great way to combine my passions. But I appreciate that, Shiny.

D

Deleted member

Hey now, I'm not superior to anyone here. I'm just a writer, and figured this would be a great way to combine my passions. But I appreciate that, Shiny.
Thanks! :)

Also I already wanted to see the Sonic movie ( Despite me not being a Sonic nerd at all... ), but I want to see it even more with Jim Carrey playing Egg Man. Those saying the Sonic movie looks bad needs to reevaluate themselves, it has a potential to be good.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's no doubt Jim Carrey is going to give a hamtastic performance as Eggman, and if it's true that he actively pursued the role, we're going to get a great performance.

The movie itself could still (and probably will) be bad, but Jim Carrey will at least be one of the highlights.

Bad news: My copy of Crash Bandicoot isnt coming until tomorrow. . .for some reason

Good news: Came home from work and the next run is SM64.

Other good news: I GORGOT THE GORILLAZ ALBUM IS ALREADY DROPPED IT'S MUSIC TIME
:061:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Folks.

Gf's at a real treacherous spot in her health saga. I'll try to summarize.

She hasn't been out of the hospital longer than a few days since Feb, and yet they still haven't gotten her strong enough to do chemo. In the last couple of days her doctors have been rushing to start chemo immediately. They haven't disclosed full details to us (her family or me) at this time, but they started pushing it fervently after they completed an MRI, which is enough to suggest something pretty terrible.

Today we learned she's also apparently got autoimmune hepatitis, and what's left of her liver is attacking itself. They can treat this with a course of steroids.

But those same steroids could bolster the cancer, which has already been allowed to run rampant since March, and the course would run for months - by the way they're talking, wouldn't expect less than seven - giving it plenty of time to strengthen the thing that's already killing her.

Meanwhile if they don't treat it at all, she may not be able to process the chemo, which will destroy the remainder of her liver, which would also kill her.

So now the docs are trying to figure out how to not kill her with steroids and/or not kill her with chemo, and the clock's running out.

For my part, I'm going to soldier on as I can. I can't do much else, a fact I detest.

But I apologize in advance if I seem perhaps a tad off and/or quiet these next few days.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Folks.

Gf's at a real treacherous spot in her health saga. I'll try to summarize.

She hasn't been out of the hospital longer than a few days since Feb, and yet they still haven't gotten her strong enough to do chemo. In the last couple of days her doctors have been rushing to start chemo immediately. They haven't disclosed full details to us (her family or me) at this time, but they started pushing it fervently after they completed an MRI, which is enough to suggest something pretty terrible.

Today we learned she's also apparently got autoimmune hepatitis, and what's left of her liver is attacking itself. They can treat this with a course of steroids.

But those same steroids could bolster the cancer, which has already been allowed to run rampant since March, and the course would run for months - by the way they're talking, wouldn't expect less than seven - giving it plenty of time to strengthen the thing that's already killing her.

Meanwhile if they don't treat it at all, she may not be able to process the chemo, which will destroy the remainder of her liver, which would also kill her.

So now the docs are trying to figure out how to not kill her with steroids and/or not kill her with chemo, and the clock's running out.

For my part, I'm going to soldier on as I can. I can't do much else, a fact I detest.

But I apologize in advance if I seem perhaps a tad off and/or quiet these next few days.
Oh dear sweet God almighty...

hug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom