• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Those saying the Sonic movie looks bad needs to reevaluate themselves, it has a potential to be good.
Reevaluate themselves?...but why? It’s a movie.

There are folks who just aren’t fond of the whole “Human main character" approach for something that has Sonic’s name in the title. And with the way video game movies are usually received it makes sense that people are cautious, at least to me.

Of course, we have no idea how significant or insignificant any of these actors will be. These movies rely on brand recognition so people will be flocking to watch the movie, and If they can have a human character play a big part in the film then a large percentage of the films' scenes can be produced without the expensive animation.

D

Deleted member

Folks.

Gf's at a real treacherous spot in her health saga. I'll try to summarize.

She hasn't been out of the hospital longer than a few days since Feb, and yet they still haven't gotten her strong enough to do chemo. In the last couple of days her doctors have been rushing to start chemo immediately. They haven't disclosed full details to us (her family or me) at this time, but they started pushing it fervently after they completed an MRI, which is enough to suggest something pretty terrible.

Today we learned she's also apparently got autoimmune hepatitis, and what's left of her liver is attacking itself. They can treat this with a course of steroids.

But those same steroids could bolster the cancer, which has already been allowed to run rampant since March, and the course would run for months - by the way they're talking, wouldn't expect less than seven - giving it plenty of time to strengthen the thing that's already killing her.

Meanwhile if they don't treat it at all, she may not be able to process the chemo, which will destroy the remainder of her liver, which would also kill her.

So now the docs are trying to figure out how to not kill her with steroids and/or not kill her with chemo, and the clock's running out.

For my part, I'm going to soldier on as I can. I can't do much else, a fact I detest.

But I apologize in advance if I seem perhaps a tad off and/or quiet these next few days.
Oh man... Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I forgive you, though I'd imagine everyone would as well. I'd do the same if I were in your position.
I hope everything turns out alright.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Folks.

She hasn't been out of the hospital longer than a few days since Feb, and yet they still haven't gotten her strong enough to do chemo. In the last couple of days her doctors have been rushing to start chemo immediately. They haven't disclosed full details to us (her family or me) at this time, but they started pushing it fervently after they completed an MRI, which is enough to suggest something pretty terrible.

Today we learned she's also apparently got autoimmune hepatitis, and what's left of her liver is attacking itself. They can treat this with a course of steroids.

But those same steroids could bolster the cancer, which has already been allowed to run rampant since March, and the course would run for months - by the way they're talking, wouldn't expect less than seven - giving it plenty of time to strengthen the thing that's already killing her.

Meanwhile if they don't treat it at all, she may not be able to process the chemo, which will destroy the remainder of her liver, which would also kill her.

So now the docs are trying to figure out how to not kill her with steroids and/or not kill her with chemo, and the clock's running out.

For my part, I'm going to soldier on as I can. I can't do much else, a fact I detest.

But I apologize in advance if I seem perhaps a tad off and/or quiet these next few days.
Hopefully both of you can get through this I can't imagine how painful this is right now for her and everyone else :(

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Folks.

That sucks to hear, man. I’m not exactly sure what I can say to make you feel more hopeful, but maybe this could help.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Folks.

Oh my gosh...

I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. If you need some time off here: take it. Take as much as you need. We'll perfectly understand.

My prayers to her and you, buddy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Folks.

I'm incredibly sorry about the whole thing.

Hoping that you and your girlfriend can get through this. I can't imagine how the both of you are feeling.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Folks.

**** red.....i'm so sorry dude....its really the darkest hour over there huh?

keep soldiering on dude and keep hope up, its what we can do and fine a way

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Folks.

That sounds horrible. I don't know much about these kinds of treatments but hopefully the doctors can come up with something to remedy the situation.

It sounds like a dilemma and there's nothing worse than that. My thoughts are with you and your GF red.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Folks.

Holy **** dude. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets better man. I'm really hoping for the best out of this situation.

Prayers of mine coming out to you and your GF all the way.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Folks.

Oh geez, Red... i’m really sorry this is happening to you. I hope you can push on throughout this, and we’ll be here if you need any form of support.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Folks.

That sucks to hear.

I hope that the two of you are able to get through it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Folks.

Oh no

no no no no no

I. . .I don't know what to say. Hang in there, Red. As much as you can.

I hope she makes it through, I really hope. And I hope you make it through too, as grim as this situation is.

D

Deleted member

Folks.

I really hope things go out best for your girlfriend.

As I once said, I will keep on lending support.

I feel really bad for you and your girlfriend.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Folks.

Don't worry, know you can count with us.

That sounds awful man honestly, I hope the doctors figure this out.

I gotta compliment you composture about this situation, I hope you remain as that at any moment to be strong for her and make it out of that hole together. Lets hope for the best.

D

Deleted member

Sigh....
It has been much more difficult interacting with my siblings lately.

Their jokes are ten times worse than usual, and they are louder this summer than spring.

I am staying in my room more often as well. :(

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sigh....
It has been much more difficult interacting with my siblings lately.

Their jokes are ten times worse than usual, and they are louder this summer than spring.

I am staying in my room more often as well. :(
It's definitely harder to deal with siblings when you're still a kid. Me and my brother used to DESPISE each other, but we're now all grown up living our lives and we've made amends...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I appreciate everything, fam.

Don't worry about me too much. I will not break. I stubbornly refuse.

But if you're of the mind, pray for her. She needs any strength she can get.

One further update before I wander elsewhere for a bit.

Her primary cancer doctor came by not terribly long after I polished off that post (I was hoping to stick around and talk to him in person, but no such luck; needed a nap before shift and with how long I'd been awake I was already pretty close to conking in a chair, so I got home while the getting was still safe).

He's fine with prednisone and chemo if that's what it takes; that happens commonly enough. As laid out previously, there's risks, and considering her history with the steroid (another long story) I have concerns, but I hardly have alternatives, so that'll probably be our way forward for now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It seems like I'm not the only one with a ****y day.

Major condolences Red, and hope she pulls through.

D

Deleted member

Ugh.....
Life is not fair.

It is not fair I am teased every day of my life.
Not fair at all.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ugh.....
Life is not fair.

It is not fair I am teased every day of my life.
Not fair at all.
If teasing makes you think life is unfair, you are gonna hate every single second of adulthood.

Just replace teasing with pressure. decision making, not being about to goof off as often as before, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If teasing makes you think life is unfair, you are gonna hate every single second of adulthood.

Just replace teasing with pressure.
Now I have even more things to worry about.

I feel like I am different compared to my family.
They like to make fun of the odd one out. Why do I deserve this? My parents are the only one that do not tease me.
I hate this situation. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I appreciate everything, fam.

Don't worry about me too much. I will not break. I stubbornly refuse.

But if you're of the mind, pray for her. She needs any strength she can get.

One further update before I wander elsewhere for a bit.

Her primary cancer doctor came by not terribly long after I polished off that post (I was hoping to stick around and talk to him in person, but no such luck; needed a nap before shift and with how long I'd been awake I was already pretty close to conking in a chair, so I got home while the getting was still safe).

He's fine with prednisone and chemo if that's what it takes; that happens commonly enough. As laid out previously, there's risks, and considering her history with the steroid (another long story) I have concerns, but I hardly have alternatives, so that'll probably be our way forward for now.
lol remind me of my own family

honestly the stubborn refuseal of life, the optimism, and the strong desire for coffee reminds me a lot of konnie :p ya two would probs do great if ya talk more

but anyway red, the internet is on your side dude, we wish we can do more than pray and give our hopes and energy, but we will not stop doing our bare minium, your girl friend has gone through absolute hell red, keep strong and keep her strong, keep pushing no matter what walls come forward and role blocks may come, keep fighting for every single scrape dude, the internet got your back

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Now I have even more things to worry about.
Don't worry about it yet.

It'll all come crashing down when you start making decisions and get a job... which are ironically two things you're gonna need in life to, well, live.

Funny how that works, huh?

I feel like I am different compared to my family.
They like to make fun of the odd one out.
Well... you are an Aspie. Of course you're the odd one out.

But... wait, before I go on, what kind of "teasing" do they do?

Might be nothing more than friendly teasing.

I hate this situation. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every thought of talking to them about it?

The best way for a problem to persist is to not do anything about it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Don't worry about it yet.

It'll all come crashing down when you start making decisions and get a job... which are ironically two things you're gonna need in life to, well, live.

Funny how that works, huh?

Every thought of talking to them about it?

The best way for a problem to persist is to not do anything about it.
If Shiny hates it then I would think it's more than just "friendly teasing".

Trust me. I know how vicious pre-teens/teens can be with that kind of stuff. It's not fair to just tell the guy all that not knowing his situation.

D

Deleted member

They are loud. They mock me by one sister copying my voice in a mean way and they make fun of me. They call me names and they all laugh at me.
When I also ask them to join, one sister refuses for me to join and they would rather do it by three. When I am angry and sad, they show little support and mock me. They are not abusive to the point where I want to commit suicide, but man... They are getting worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They are loud. They mock me by one sister copying my voice in a mean way and they make fun of me. They call me names and they all laugh at me.
When I also ask them to join, one sister refuses for me to join and they would rather do it by three. When I am angry and sad, they show little support and mock me. They are not abusive to the point where I want to commit suicide, but man... They are getting worse.
Tell your goddamn parents then!

No one likes tattletales, but it's either that or deeper depression. Former is the lesser of two evils.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My favorite part of the Mario 64 race was the entire audience erupting in thunderous applause whenever one of the runners got a "literally just talk to Toad" star.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I tell them, and they try...
It is not very effective......
Then they gotta try harder, dammit!

Jesus, parents these days... such wimps...

I'd get looks for cutting meat with a fork instead of a knife, while yours don't even bother when one of their own kids is bullied by the others...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd get looks for cutting meat with a fork instead of a knife, while yours don't even bother when one of their own kids is bullied by the others...
They do try, but their punishments are usually short and they continue.

Like I said.... It is not horrible, but a little bit annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

....ok i don't wanna be your parents uni

but....how do you cut meat with a fork?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They do try, but their punishments are usually short and they continue.

Like I said.... It is not horrible, but a little bit annoying.
Jesus Christ, parents are wimps these days...

If I was your dad, I'd just pick whatever stuff they like the most and leave to work with that stuff in the trunk.

It's harsh, but at the same time, bullying their own brother requires more than just a curfew and a stern talk.

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ, parents are wimps these days...

If I was your dad, I'd just pick whatever stuff they like the most and leave to work with that stuff in the trunk.

It's harsh, but at the same time, bullying their own brother requires more than just a curfew and a stern talk.
My dad is still a good person despite this.
Guy works really hard and we get a good amount of money. Plus he tries to be nice to everyone.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
....ok i don't wanna be your parents uni

but....how do you cut meat with a fork?
The meat is so ****ing weak even my own damn hands is enough to rip it off.

My dad is still a good person despite this.
Guy works really hard and we get a good amount of money. Plus he tries to be nice to everyone.
I think this is the problem; I think he's being too nice.

Parents gotta strike a balance between being nice to their family and being stern whenever the kids really do some bad ****.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
oh i was like thinking of big ole steaks or chicken or something, not like sandwhich thins :V

whelp ya thats pointless to complain about lol
Yeah, I get complained at for the smallest/dumbest of mistakes.

Meanwhile, my sister gets financial support after lying to everyone (family included) and being a literal *****.

One has Asperger's, the other is a spoiler brat.

Life's fair, ain't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom