• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You really need to stop digging up old discussions about the Switch like that.
I somewhat aware you will say that. Nevertheless, as long as I don't do it frequently I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. If you are just aren't OK with it then I while respect your opinion and apologize to some extent if this makes you feel uncomfortable, I don't see the issues here (Not to mention I even put your quotes in spoiler tag).

So yeah, I aware that digging up old quotes/statement that didn't age well will probably make some feel uncomfortable, so while I won't do it frequently, I personally don't think you should tell people to stop.

Suppose you dig up my own old quotes from the past, I'm personally OK with it (But yeah, I will give some clarification when necessary). Then again, I'm curious what the mods think though.
What I said made sense at the time and I still think it did. The Switch wasn't a proven success when N.Sane Trilogy was released on PS4, and yes, the whole point of the collection was to make the old games look pretty, so the Switch didn't make immediate sense, especially since the PS4 Pro was still pretty fresh then and people were kinda pushing their graphics in their games for that system.
I personally didn't think it makes that much of sense for the most part since during that discussion at the time we already have DOOM being ported to Switch.
I don't think anybody even dare to expect N Sane Trilogy come to the Switch, like me, until rumors starting flying around. And even that Switch already a moderate success at the time, we still didn't believe not be a use of whether Switch can handle it but because of Crash was often regarded as a Sony mascot, so that's why me personally I wasn't expecting much.
Then again, I personally think N Sane Trilogy wasn't just for the sake of making the game pretty, it was also let the series being reintroduced to the newer and younger audience.
It's not that I didn't want the game to show up on Switch, it's just I had little reason to believe it would at the time.
To be fair, none of us did lol, it's just that you didn't think so because of the game might suffer huge downgrade, while I didn't think so as well due to the series itself but I still think the feasibility was there.

And recently we also heard that N Sane Trilogy was ported to Switch because of one dude in Activision likes the Switch so he requested the port to happen, so yeah... that's that.

But yes, the Switch port of N.Sane Trilogy is one of the better Switch ports all things considered. I won't be picking it up though as I have the PS4 version and am likely to buy the PC version to play the game in FurK60 and, inevitably, with mods.
I will definitely getting Switch version for the portability. Even if I bought PS4 I might buy the game as well, only when it has a huge discount.
To be honest, most ports we have seen on Switch are all fairly good (The only exception are WWE 2K18 and FIFA 18 to some extent).
It's just that from what we have learned last year, Switch despite being weaker than PS4 and Xbox One, we shouldn't worry too much about how will the ports run on Switch, if the ports doesn't run well then it's mostly the fault of developers, not the console itself. So yes, this means we shouldn't expect bigger AAA games coming to Switch, this sucks but that's also fine for now.

So... yeah, like I said, I think it's just interesting to see your old statements on Crash N Sane Trilogy ported to Switch, I wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable or anything, it's just how interesting when back in the day people were assuming plenty of games might not come to Switch due to it's lack of power.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
peiple did complain, thats why Soda popinski is Soda popinski
The Vodka Drunkinski thing was only part of the original Punch Out last time I checked. He was talking about the Wii version, where Soda Popinski being Soda Popinski was at least intentional from the get-go. And let's be honest, a Russian Boxer who chooses to drink tons of soda rather than alcohol sounds like the perfect inspiration for children everywhere. "Drinking booze gets you nowhere! See this guy? See what he's drinking instead? Look where he stands, among the top boxers in the WVBA!"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lili is gay.

She starts off straight but literally falls for Azuka Kazama as a result of her rivalry with her.

There was also this Namco developed crossover game called Queen's Gate that's basically an ecchi harem game featuring loads of Japanese fighting game characters and the like. Lili is the Tekken the representative, and she ogles over the other girls with the male protagonist.

Just gonna link this and say it's pretty NSFW, but it's a cutscene that shows it pretty blatantly.

https://youtu.be/4vplgJbSxdI
Wait? My bae is a lesbian.

Very nice. You go get yourself some girls, girl.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wait? My bae is a lesbian.

Very nice. You go get yourself some girls, girl.
You always learn new things everyday...
I haven't really heard that game to begin with... and I don't even wanna know what kind of game it is lol.

D

Deleted member

As I said, stereotypes aren't inherently bad but they're looked down upon because they tend to skew perceptions of certain groups, especially when they're simply harmful or outright false(like depicting gay people as pedophiles or black people as scary thugs). They also simply make you look like a bad writer because it displays a shallow level of understanding of the subject(just look around TV Tropes for a bit and you'll find a dozen of those).
Overwatch plays with a bit of them but none of the stereotypes it presents are harmful. I talked about Lúcio since he's the one I can actually attest to, and he's certainly based off on some Brazilian stereotypes but none of them are negative ones and he's also treated seriously as a character, which does make me like him because, while he's not like me, he's a celebration of a type of Brazilian and that's something I can relate with.
Compare it to, say, Street Fighter which has Laura, Sean and, uhm, this guy

I don't think I have to explain why he's a problem. He isn't representative of anyone in Brazil.
I can't say much about Laura and Sean other than their designs which for the former is the stereotypical "beautiful brazilian", though Sean does have a good one. (Someone more knowledgable on SF explain them to me please)

At the end of the day, I still wish for writers to try to move away from stereotypes. Even if you don't think they're that much of an issue, it's just lazy writing and you can end up separating characters by what stereotype they are(the black one™, the girl one™, the gay one™, etc etc.). It displays an inability to write characters that are not like you and shows that your perception of those people is incredibly limited and simplified.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I somewhat aware you will say that. Nevertheless, as long as I don't do it frequently I personally think it's nothing that big of a deal. If you are just aren't OK with then I while respect your opinion and apologize to some extent if this makes you feel uncomfortable, I don't see the issues here (Not mention I even put your quotes in spoiler tag).

So don't worry, I know this digging up old quotes/statement that didn't age well will make some feel uncomfortable, so while I won't do it frequently, I personally don't think you should tell people to stop.

Suppose you dig up my own old quotes from the past, I'm personally OK with it. Then again, I'm curious what the mods think though.

I personally didn't think it makes that much of sense for the most part since during that discussion at the time we already have DOOM being ported to Switch.
I don't think anybody even dare to expect N Sane Trilogy come to the Switch, like me, until rumors starting flying around. And even that Switch already a moderate success at the time, we still didn't believe not be a use of whether Switch can handle it but because of Crash was often regarded as a Sony mascot, so that's why me personally I wasn't expecting much.
Then again, I personally think N Sane Trilogy wasn't just for the sake of making the game pretty, it was also let the series being reintroduced to the newer and younger audience.

To be fair, none of us did lol, it's just that you didn't think so because of the game might suffer huge downgrade, while I didn't think so as well due to the series itself but I still think the feasibility was there.

And recently we also heard that N Sane Trilogy was ported to Switch because of one dude in Activision likes the Switch so he requested the port to happen, so yeah... that's that.

To be honest, most ports we have seen on Switch are all fairly good (The only exception are WWE 2K18 and FIFA 18 to some extent).
It's just that from what we have learned last year, Switch despite being weaker than PS4 and Xbox One, we shouldn't worry too much about how will the ports run on Switch, if the ports doesn't run well then it's mostly the fault of developers, not the console itself. So yes, this means we shouldn't expect bigger AAA games coming to Switch, this sucks but that's also fine for now.

So... yeah, like I said, I think it's just interesting to see your old statements on Crash N Sane Trilogy ported to Switch, I wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable or anything, it's just how interesting when back in the day people were assuming plenty of games might not come to Switch due to it's lack of power.
It's not so much that it makes me feel uncomfortable, it just looks a bit obsessive on your part.

I mean the last time you did this, I was taking a hiatus from the website due to the overly fanboyish nature of a lot of Switch fans here at the time as well as general toxic behaviour. You digging up old posts from me when I wasn't active didn't make me come back any sooner, lol.

I would disagree on most Switch ports being fairly good, it has straight up been a mixed bag. Some, like Crash, have been fantastic ports, others are highly compromised experiences. And no, it's not always the developer's fault. Often times, developers don't want to port games to underpowered systems because they know that system can't handle their game. But the publisher forces the developer to develop a port for that system because it will make money. This is one of the biggest causes of bad ports.

Hell, it wasn't a port, but Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric ended up as it did because of it being forced onto the Wii U. They were developing the game for PS4 and Xbox One and then were forced to release it on Wii U instead, even though the Wii U can barely handle CryEngine.

The Switch is great and all but people shouldn't kid themselves - it doesn't have the same specs as other systems, and as a result, some games would just be very compromised if ported to the system.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As a respectable adult, I believe the children of the masses need more vodka in their life. Drunk children are funny and humor is what makes this nation so great.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Found my first +10 Breath of Fog Tiki in Arena. Gave me a bit of a scare but Nowi's been eating her Wheaties.

Grand Conquest though.

I don't suppose any of you have run into a terrifying crowd control Jaffar here recently? Something something double Savage Blow, something something Vantage?

I need to learn that build. For reasons.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New banner hype! Went in to maybe get Hardin on my free summon. My current one is -Attack after all. If not, Marth merges are neat.

View attachment 150715View attachment 150716
FREE SUMMON BY THE WAY.
SUMMER BANNER OUTDATED
LEGENDARY BANNER OVERRATED
LONG HAVE WE WAITED
C E L I C A - A C T I V A T E D
Oh and also I got Micaiah on the summer banner.

You had a chance to post a Toyota commercial, ya blew it, Opo

Jk, congrats, Im just jelly af

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Crash Bandicoot and Wolfenstein for the Switch, and unexpectedly, an SNES Classic. The SNES Classic is for someone else, so I'm going to play Crash while I wait for the Wolfenstein update to download.

Troykv

Smash Master
New banner hype! Went in to maybe get Hardin on my free summon. My current one is -Attack after all. If not, Marth merges are neat.

View attachment 150715View attachment 150716
FREE SUMMON BY THE WAY.
SUMMER BANNER OUTDATED
LEGENDARY BANNER OVERRATED
LONG HAVE WE WAITED
C E L I C A - A C T I V A T E D
Oh and also I got Micaiah on the summer banner.
Nice!

Would I see your Celica and your Micaiah?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You’d still find a way to sat they like girls by saying they’re bi :p
Nah dude, they just have found the right woman to awaken her inner Yuri. :v

Wow cant believe you just posted futa.
There is no Futa there, only beautiful handholding between two loving girls, in a very happy relationship, between girls who aren't and will never be futas.

Overwatch has a white cowboy from Texas with tons of southern stereotypes and you don't see me complaining because here's the thing, stereotypes aren't a bad thing when they are positive.

I like Mccree even though it stereotypes me to hell cause its fun and I get to see some of my culture in the game.
White cowboy from Texas? I thought that's what all Texans were though. ;v

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When I picked up Crash Bandicoot at GameStop today (which came with a cool LEGO-like construction set to make Crash), I noticed they had 4 NES Classic Editions behind the counter.

Still deciding if I'll pick one up as I already have the SNES one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does anyone know what the last button is in the Switch version of Crash Trilogy for the Spyro secret?

Last time I checked, the Switch doesn't have a Square button (I know Spyro hasn't been confirmed for Switch yet but I still want to try it).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Having a bit of a dilemma.

I'm kind of in the mood to buy another game off the Steam sale. I was eyeing Tekken 7, but I know the singleplayer content in that game is weak, and the game lacks crossplay and anyone I would play with owns it on PS4. So that one may be a bust. Plus, think I need to buy the Noctis DLC and what not separately.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy seems like great value as I have played some of those games and enjoyed them, but not sure how much I'd play them right now.

And it's not part of the sale but I kinda want to get Crash pre-emptively, maybe see if I can figure out how to mod it on my own.

EDIT: I realised I had money from a refund I got sitting in my PayPal account, so I decided to buy both the Naruto collection and Crash.

Is the new Crash DLC free?
Yes, I played on PS4 earlier myself.

I highly recommend it since it's basically an original Crash 3 level, kinda shows what VV can do for new levels.

Does anyone know what the last button is in the Switch version of Crash Trilogy for the Spyro secret?

Last time I checked, the Switch doesn't have a Square button (I know Spyro hasn't been confirmed for Switch yet but I still want to try it).
In all other versions of the game, the code doesn't work anymore because there's now an option to view it on the menu.

So the Spyro trailer probably isn't in the Switch version if that option isn't there.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I noticed while downloading Crash that Steam just downloaded an update for the FFXV demo.

Booted it up and I'm getting MUCH better performance. Game is hitting much closer to a constant 60 FPS with 4K and all of the graphics settings cranked up.

Also the game page looks kinda weird now.

D

Deleted member

So I noticed while downloading Crash that Steam just downloaded an update for the FFXV demo.

Booted it up and I'm getting MUCH better performance. Game is hitting much closer to a constant 60 FPS with 4K and all of the graphics settings cranked up.
Cool!
I have Crash and I am on this hard level.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I really enjoy the details that SSBU is showing.

At some point, they got to show this amount of personality for Ridley in a Metroid game besides just being fearsome.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of SEGA, WHERE THE **** IS THE SEGA CLASSICS ON SWITCH???

No you won't.

Keep your Futa away from my girls.
Inspired by you I changed my use title. Hope you like it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Pure, unrestrained power
>24 Damage Bonfire proc
>48 Def
>54 Def against bows and daggers
>66 ****ing Atk
>Wada Sachiko art
Brave Hector is gonna have a hard time surpassing this beast
People really be going down this road again.
Oh **** there's an actual possibility for Smash news tho

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
People really be going down this road again.
I don’t believe anything that is new and Smash related is happening today or tomorrow, but hey: I’d go crazy if Banjo and Kazooie got announced for the game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Jesus, Crash looks so good on PC.

IIRC, the cutscenes were pre-rendered on PS4, but now they're in-engine and because of that, they could run even the cutscenes at 60 FPS. It makes the cartoony animations really pop.

I'll record some gameplay of the opening cutscene and first level of each game in a bit.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I managed to get this today.
Really happy that I got him! It turns out that his nature is +Atk -Def. Losing that defense does kind of suck, but he will still have quite a lot of it, and he'll end up having 60 attack with that boon, so I guess that's pretty good.
I also just realized that I now have all three Hectors (until CYL Hector arrives, that is) and all with an Attack boon. Considering he's my favorite FE character, I am quite happy with this.

D

Deleted member

I did some more pulls and got another Myrrh and a VA!Lyn
I have too many 5* waiting to be trained lol
Might use Lyn as fodder tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Speaking of SEGA, WHERE THE **** IS THE SEGA CLASSICS ON SWITCH???

Inspired by you I changed my use title. Hope you like it! :D
I told you to stay away from my lovely flowers, you stay on your side of the internet, and I'll happily stay on my mine.

Come over here, and I will shoot.

1486955438012.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll be getting Crash when I get my Switch, which is only going to happen next month since I have an exam and my dad doesn't want me to get distracted from studying.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't expect anything Smash related to be announced at any tourney unless maybe if Nintendo themselves is in charge of it.

Some more Smash Ultimate footage in general can't hurt anything, though.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I don't expect anything Smash related to be announced at any tourney unless maybe if Nintendo themselves is in charge of it.

Some more Smash Ultimate footage in general can't hurt anything, though.
I feel pretty much the same way, to be honest: we’ve got 6 more months to wait either way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know if this was known, but I can confirm that Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy was developed using Unreal Engine 4.

The PC version's folders are all just .pak archives. There are various derivatives of the .pak file format, but I was able to start the extraction process for them in QuickBMS using the Unreal Tournament 4 .pak BMS script. I can't actually extract anything right now as the files are encrypted, though, so I would need to figure out how to decrypt them.

I figured I would clear that up as in my research on the subject prior to today, the only article I could find that made any claim of the game's engine, claimed it was developed in Unity.

This makes a lot of sense as Spyro: Reignited Trilogy has been confirmed to be developed using Unreal Engine 4.

This also helps explain partially how they got the game working on Switch, since the Switch supports UE4.

EDIT: Turns out it was actually the Alchemy engine, and inhouse engine made by VV. Kinda odd that it's being picked up by a UE4 extractor though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom