• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Uhm, so, you guys remember how Valentines Hector had a note on his announcement saying "something something this isn't the Hector from the Choose Your Legends event"? I believe Fallen Celica had it too. But I can't seem to find it on Legendary Hector's announcement and I'm willing to bet neither does Ephraim.
Where do I want to get with this? What if these ARE their CYL variants?
Nah, they aren't the CYL. I think that IS doesn't see Legendary Heroes as alts, that's why they don't feel like they have to clarify that these heroes aren't the CYL (And maybe that's the reason they didn't care about putting Lyn and Hector so close to their alts). However, with seasonal alts and the others (Such as Fallen Celica) they feel like they have to make the distinction. Don't overthink it, they are probably coming on late August.

INB4 Legendary Celica and Veronica happens and your theory gets confirmed

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
ah

then never mind, thank god you stopped :V
Well, I could keep going if you want to see how far I can push it.

I mean, the way Canada and the UK used to hold hands, was disgusting, such degenerates.

As seen here.

:v

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
yes yes yes
Yes. Yes please

i need Muramasa on Switch
Also Odin Sphere lol.
I mean... From OJ from PlayerEssence, I agreed with him that port begging never helped bringing a game to Switch.

So we should say Vanillaware should port their games to Switch rather Vita if they are not idiots lol.

Because Switch is literally replacing PSVita at this point. I am pretty sure

Ivander

Smash Legend
Going to be shorter because stupid drafts not saving.
So in case some of you were wondering where I was, I was on a plane to where I do my summer job for the month. I'm at where I need to be, even if my eardrums are frickin' hurting after the flight, and I'm going to be staying until around the end of August.

Either way, seems I missed a bunch of stuff, so:
-Missed a talk about spirit animals and I see people dissing on cats. :evil:
-So IS basically went, "We're going to force you to make a male character win and you will like them!" due to the power of waifus. Although why Sigurd vs Arvis....when Sigurd never once fights Arvis or even gets a chance to? Why not Seliph who would fit with both Arvis and Julius?
-I don't mind representation. But a character should be made first and than the design and the design should fit for the character, not be placed over top of it. Like obviously, if the character is trying to bring across a message, like say, "Just cause you lived a life in the dumps, doesn't mean you can't adapt to it.", obviously making the character look like a millionaire or rich king with no scars and no dirt steins doesn't help it.
Like there's nothing wrong with adding representation, but representation should not be favored over character at all. And after all, if the character is poor, than the "representation" becomes poor as well.
The lore of Overwatch sucks in general, when it first came out Mercy was the one who turned Reaper into what he is, implying she's more sinister and there's a side we didn't know. "Lol actually it's the piss weeb we just came up with". Same with D Va's retcon about being a Starcraft player being after joining the military
Because that bit with Mercy and Reaper hinting that it was Mercy who revived Reaper was in fact misinformation that stayed for too long. That, "This was not what I intended for you." "You knew exactly what you were doing." bit never happened. If that bit was in, there would have been video evidence or even datamine evidence long ago, but there was neither and there still wasn't any evidence coming for it. Yet that misinformation stayed around until Blizzard actually confirmed it didn't exist.
And misinformation does exist in the Overwatch community. A good example being before Orisa's release. Just before Orisa was released and the Numbani Airport was still destroyed, someone claimed that Zenyatta had a new line saying, "What has he done to my brothers and sisters?" All of the sudden, people had actually assumed it to be real, kept trying Zenyatta out in Numbani to try and hear that line, and yet it took a long time before someone datamined Overwatch and stated that the line was nowhere in the game at all. And despite that, people were still asking about it for quite some time.
So yes, misinformation does indeed exist in the Overwatch community. That was how the Mercy & Reaper thing dwelled for so long, especially with the idea that it was a "Beta" line despite no video or datamine evidence until Blizzard had to actually state that it didn't exist at all. The D.VA and starcraft bit though, yeah that was a retcon if I did my research correctly.

Anyway, about that fanbase with Hammond deal:
Fanbase: "Why you do this Blizzard?! Overwatch is a serious story! Hammond only makes it goofy!"
Me: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...ng_ball_is_destroyed/?st=jizz6f1d&sh=a24ad6d6
:crying:
*his body squeaks when you hit it*
How can people say that an adorable videogame hamster dying is not serious at all?! That's horrible! :cry: We're in the darkest timeline! That's actually the 2nd darkest. But we're still in the darkest timeline of having an adorable videogame hamster die and Peta exists.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I must say, I'm really excited to see the sweet 16 round begin of the Fifa World cup. Tomorrow, my team plays their next match.

Bring it on, France.
My body is ready.

D

Deleted member

This man could kill anyone just by looking at them
An absolute ****ing monster
Also, chabged my main team's blessings since I now have a Legendary Hero and changed their name appropriately
Now I just need to change my Horse Emblem blessings to water lol

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You're right.

He's TOO cool for Smash :^)
I don't know when but I already said this before... I will support Goku in Smash Bros if Dragonball FighterZ is on Switch.

Ever since E3 2018, I support Goku in Smash, stop playing games Sakurai, add him in even as a DLC will be fine.
overwatch is far more diverse than most other aaa titles, but that doesn’t mean we should fall into complacency (especially since many existing characters are stereotypical). complaining about hammond not being a black woman feels kinda weird and whatabouty though. if you want to see yourself in art that’s intrinsically 100% valid and important, and doesn’t need extrinsic justification by tearing down characters other people like
I thought we already have a black woman like Pharah... and Orisa's creator, even though she isn't playable but still.
Complaining about the hamster in Overwatch is like complaining about the kangaroo and dinosaur in Tekken.

Oh wait, people actually did that too.

Moral of the story is that you can never please everyone.
Okay here I go...
Complaining Hammond (A Hamster) in Overwatch is like complaining Inkling is in Smash Bros Ultimate rather than Waluigi, there I said it.

Also Hammond memes starting to surface, this one... is so cute, I enjoy Hamtaro when I was a kid.
Hammond Pre-match

The lore of Overwatch sucks in general, when it first came out Mercy was the one who turned Reaper into what he is, implying she's more sinister and there's a side we didn't know. "Lol actually it's the piss weeb we just came up with". Same with D Va's retcon about being a Starcraft player being after joining the military
I disagree when you said Overwatch lore sucks in general, sure the lore about Omic Crisis does sound a bit cliche, but it was pretty cool.
Winston, Genji, and Hanzo's lore were probably my most fav.

D. Va though, while she's cool but yeah, her lore was pretty dumb.

D

Deleted member

Overwatch does better robot-social commentary than Detroit: Become Human

D

Deleted member

If I get a +Attack -Speed Legendary Hector I think I will wet myself.
Not urine either.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I disagree when you said Overwatch lore sucks in general, sure the lore about Omic Crisis does sound a bit cliche, but it was pretty cool.
Winston, Genji, and Hanzo's lore were probably my most fav.
Those 3 definitely have the most detailed lores IMO.
-Winston mostly not just for the Horizon Colony backstory, but how he's important regarding Tracer, Doomfist, Mei, and now Hammond and his importance for starting the Recall.
-And than you have Genji and Hanzo not just for their backstory with each other and Genji's history with Overwatch, but the Shimada clan in general. Retribution gave some good details about how Talon tried to recruit their father, but he refused as Talon's interests did not meet with his interests, which connects with how Hanzo refuses Doomfist's offer. And besides that, we seem to actually have a possibility of Hanzo making some progress, not just with him standing his ground with Doomfist, but him having an interest in Symmetra.
-Lucio actually got some great development from the Anniversary Event. For one, we learn that his father was responsible for the sound technology he stole from Vishkar. And two, he seems to be trying to connect with Symmetra and trying to warn her about Vishkar, which is a change compared to how they both interacted with each other before.
-And yeah, the Anniversary Event gets a huge plus for adding some many new interactions. Some that actually add lore and development and others that are plain fun to watch.

D

Deleted member

Going to be shorter because stupid drafts not saving.
So in case some of you were wondering where I was, I was on a plane to where I do my summer job for the month. I'm at where I need to be, even if my eardrums are frickin' hurting after the flight, and I'm going to be staying until around the end of August.

Either way, seems I missed a bunch of stuff, so:
-Missed a talk about spirit animals and I see people dissing on cats. :evil:
-So IS basically went, "We're going to force you to make a male character win and you will like them!" due to the power of waifus. Although why Sigurd vs Arvis....when Sigurd never once fights Arvis or even gets a chance to? Why not Seliph who would fit with both Arvis and Julius?
-I don't mind representation. But a character should be made first and than the design and the design should fit for the character, not be placed over top of it. Like obviously, if the character is trying to bring across a message, like say, "Just cause you lived a life in the dumps, doesn't mean you can't adapt to it.", obviously making the character look like a millionaire or rich king with no scars and no dirt steins doesn't help it.
Like there's nothing wrong with adding representation, but representation should not be favored over character at all. And after all, if the character is poor, than the "representation" becomes poor as well.

Because that bit with Mercy and Reaper hinting that it was Mercy who revived Reaper was in fact misinformation that stayed for too long. That, "This was not what I intended for you." "You knew exactly what you were doing." bit never happened. If that bit was in, there would have been video evidence or even datamine evidence long ago, but there was neither and there still wasn't any evidence coming for it. Yet that misinformation stayed around until Blizzard actually confirmed it didn't exist.
And misinformation does exist in the Overwatch community. A good example being before Orisa's release. Just before Orisa was released and the Numbani Airport was still destroyed, someone claimed that Zenyatta had a new line saying, "What has he done to my brothers and sisters?" All of the sudden, people had actually assumed it to be real, kept trying Zenyatta out in Numbani to try and hear that line, and yet it took a long time before someone datamined Overwatch and stated that the line was nowhere in the game at all. And despite that, people were still asking about it for quite some time.
So yes, misinformation does indeed exist in the Overwatch community. That was how the Mercy & Reaper thing dwelled for so long, especially with the idea that it was a "Beta" line despite no video or datamine evidence until Blizzard had to actually state that it didn't exist at all. The D.VA and starcraft bit though, yeah that was a retcon if I did my research correctly.

Anyway, about that fanbase with Hammond deal:
Fanbase: "Why you do this Blizzard?! Overwatch is a serious story! Hammond only makes it goofy!"
Me: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...ng_ball_is_destroyed/?st=jizz6f1d&sh=a24ad6d6
:crying:
*his body squeaks when you hit it*
How can people say that an adorable videogame hamster dying is not serious at all?! That's horrible! :cry: We're in the darkest timeline! That's actually the 2nd darkest. But we're still in the darkest timeline of having an adorable videogame hamster die and Peta exists.
IT IS A CUTE HAMSTER NOOOO NOW I FEEL BAD WHEN IT DIES.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the next Voting Gauntlet has been revealed in Fire Emblem Heroes. It'll be called "Fated Battles," and it will feature Marth, Fallen Hardin, Sigurd, Arvis, Ephraim, Lyon, Ike, and Zelgius.

These are the matchups:

Basically, it's the main lord of the game going up against their main enemy.

There's also a new banner available now which features Marth, Sigurd, Zelgius, and Fallen Hardin. If you want another shot at pulling someone with Vengeful Fighter, now's your chance!

So... which teams are all of you going to join for the first round.

I'm probably going Team Lyon because I like him the most out of the bunch.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
We're getting a Banjo-Kazooie 20th Anniversary book.
Something to look forward to.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Friendly reminder - Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is out today on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

The Future Tense update for the PS4 version is also available.

The Steam version will be available in about 2 hours. I'm considering buying it for mods but I may wait until I see the progress.

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder - Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is out today on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

The Steam version will be available in about 2 hours. I'm considering buying it for mods but I may wait until I see the progress.
I want to play Crash Bandicoot, but I am getting a TV replacement in my room today. :p

Also.. Am I the only one that likes Minecraft in here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New banner hype! Went in to maybe get Hardin on my free summon. My current one is -Attack after all. If not, Marth merges are neat.

image.png
image.png

FREE SUMMON BY THE WAY.
SUMMER BANNER OUTDATED
LEGENDARY BANNER OVERRATED
LONG HAVE WE WAITED
C E L I C A - A C T I V A T E D
Oh and also I got Micaiah on the summer banner.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New banner hype! Went in to maybe get Hardin on my free summon. My current one is -Attack after all. If not, Marth merges are neat.

View attachment 150715View attachment 150716
FREE SUMMON BY THE WAY.
SUMMER BANNER OUTDATED
LEGENDARY BANNER OVERRATED
LONG HAVE WE WAITED
C E L I C A - A C T I V A T E D
Oh and also I got Micaiah on the summer banner.
Congratulations on getting Celica!!!!!
Celica is really good. :p
Can I see her stats please?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Overwatch is pretty meh. I haven’t played the game for 6 months.
Me too, but that's just because for the past few months I have been playing games on my Nintendo Switch, like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2 and more.

I will go back to Overwatch whenever I have the time.
Those 3 definitely have the most detailed lores IMO.
-Winston mostly not just for the Horizon Colony backstory, but how he's important regarding Tracer, Doomfist, Mei, and now Hammond and his importance for starting the Recall.
-And than you have Genji and Hanzo not just for their backstory with each other and Genji's history with Overwatch, but the Shimada clan in general. Retribution gave some good details about how Talon tried to recruit their father, but he refused as Talon's interests did not meet with his interests, which connects with how Hanzo refuses Doomfist's offer. And besides that, we seem to actually have a possibility of Hanzo making some progress, not just with him standing his ground with Doomfist, but him having an interest in Symmetra.
-Lucio actually got some great development from the Anniversary Event. For one, we learn that his father was responsible for the sound technology he stole from Vishkar. And two, he seems to be trying to connect with Symmetra and trying to warn her about Vishkar, which is a change compared to how they both interacted with each other before.
-And yeah, the Anniversary Event gets a huge plus for adding some many new interactions. Some that actually add lore and development and others that are plain fun to watch.
Really? I haven't follow the Overwatch lores lately so yeah... glad that Lucio finally has more back story to reveal.

I will definitely get Switch version, but since I am considering getting a PS4 sometime in the future, I might get it on PS4 as well.
The reason why I want a PS4 now, is that Blue PS4 edition caught my eye. I really like the design.

And btw Chiko, now I somewhat remember the discussion back in Rosalina thread back when expecting Crash on Switch:
It'd probably be technically possible to make N. Sane Trilogy work on Switch, but the problem is that, as a HD remake of an old classic, the entire point of it is to look as pretty as possible, so having a version on Switch with graphical compromises would kind of defeat the purpose of that particular game.
In this case it's not about what you would want or prefer.

Literally, the only reason N. Sane Trilogy was made was because Crash fans wanted to see those same games rendered in the most beautiful visuals possible. The game literally exists to be a graphical showcase. For that reason, putting the game on the Switch would require nerfing the thing that justifies it's existence in the first place. It would be like porting Wii Sports to something that doesn't have motion controls.

If you only care about the gameplay, the originals still exist. Hell, the original version of Crash 2 is better than in N. Sane Trilogy.
I never actually expected N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch back, but I also didn't entirely agree on your thought back then. Nevertheless, it's pretty interesting to look at this from today lol.
It would absolutely suck if N Sane Trilogy has a noticeable graphic downgrade if they port it to Switch, and yeah while it is a no brainer that original Crash games are still better but it's always to have a Crash game rather than nothing imo. And yeah some just want a HD looking Crash but for those like us who were never a Crash fan, N Sane Trilogy is a good Crash game to reintroduce the series to newer audiences.

D

Deleted member

Well, I could keep going if you want to see how far I can push it.

I mean, the way Canada and the UK used to hold hands, was disgusting, such degenerates.

As seen here.

:v
Wow cant believe you just posted futa.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
People who complain about representation being "forced" are highly suspect.

Overwatch does better robot-social commentary than Detroit: Become Human
BvS is better than Suicide Squad.
Still utterly **** but it's better than whatever the **** the latter is (White Girl yelling at a Black Man that he should live as a slave because he wants a peaceful way to get freedom is peak David Cage)

D

Deleted member

Overwatch has a white cowboy from Texas with tons of southern stereotypes and you don't see me complaining because here's the thing, stereotypes aren't a bad thing when they are positive.

I like Mccree even though it stereotypes me to hell cause its fun and I get to see some of my culture in the game.

D

Deleted member

People who complain about representation being "forced" are highly suspect.

BvS is better than Suicide Squad.
Still utterly **** but it's better than whatever the **** the latter is (White Girl yelling at a Black Man that he should live as a slave because he wants a peaceful way to get freedom is peak David Cage)

Eh, I think you're giving too little credit to Overwatch's writing. The premise may not be original or anything but at least it executes it with tact

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Me too, but that's just because for the past few months I have been playing games on my Nintendo Switch, like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2 and more.

I will go back to Overwatch whenever I have the time.

Really? I haven't follow the Overwatch lores lately so yeah... glad that Lucio finally has more back story to reveal.

I will definitely get Switch version, but since I am considering getting a PS4 sometime in the future, I might get it on PS4 as well.
The reason why I want a PS4 now, is that Blue PS4 edition caught my eye. I really like the design.

And btw Chiko, now I somewhat remember the discussion back in Rosalina thread back when expecting Crash on Switch:
I never actually expected N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch back, but I also didn't entirely agree on your thought back then. Nevertheless, it's pretty interesting to look at this from today lol.
It would absolutely suck if N Sane Trilogy has a noticeable graphic downgrade if they port it to Switch, and yeah while it is a no brainer that original Crash games are still better but it's always to have a Crash game rather than nothing imo. And yeah some just want a HD looking Crash but for those like us who were never a Crash fan, N Sane Trilogy is a good Crash game to reintroduce the series to newer audiences.
You really need to stop digging up old discussions about the Switch like that.

This is the second time you've brought up this old post of mine since N. Sane Trilogy was announced.

What I said made sense at the time and I still think it did. The Switch wasn't a proven success when N.Sane Trilogy was released on PS4, and yes, the whole point of the collection was to make the old games look pretty, so the Switch didn't make immediate sense, especially since the PS4 Pro was still pretty fresh then and people were kinda pushing their graphics in their games for that system.

It's not that I didn't want the game to show up on Switch, it's just I had little reason to believe it would at the time.

But yes, the Switch port of N.Sane Trilogy is one of the better Switch ports all things considered. I won't be picking it up though as I have the PS4 version and am likely to buy the PC version to play the game in FurK60 and, inevitably, with mods.

D

Deleted member

I remember a minority of people (probably white) calling Mario Odyssey cultural appropriation, yet actual mexicans in majority loved the representation since it was positive.

It's good to fight for what's right, but some people go off the deep end.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Eh, I think you're giving too little credit to Overwatch's writing. The premise may not be original or anything but at least it executes it with tact
Nah people treat Overwatch as if it's deeper than it actually is.
Just like people did with BvS.

Though yeah Overwatch doesn't go "Their mothers have the same name, better make it a plot point!"
I suppose Thor 2: The Dark World is a better comparison for being really ****ing basic and vanilla.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Overwatch has a white cowboy from Texas with tons of southern stereotypes and you don't see me complaining because here's the thing, stereotypes aren't a bad thing when they are positive.

I like Mccree even though it stereotypes me to hell cause its fun and I get to see some of my culture in the game.
Another good example would be Punch-Out Wii.

Everyone there is a goddamn stereotype and I don’t think I’ve seen people complain about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom